*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks (12/12/23) Gm#24 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
With Vando Lakers probably win. Prince and AR guarding Luka was not going to work.

Kidd is not going to let Luka go iso on vando or cam, they set guard screens to bring Dlo/AR to Luka, we could double and dare them make 3s or we could ask DLO and AR to defend Luka. The annoying part about Luka is that he has that Jokic like floater, so AD in the back line doesn’t help much(also great at baiting fouls). Another option is to just trap Luka early in the clock in the half court and dare their other guys to make plays without Kyrie, but that requires a lot of energy off everyone, not sure it is even ideal with. b2B tomorrow.
I am going to guess Mavs have a pretty good record when their forwards shoot 10/13 from the 3.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Why does Dante Exum sound familiar, did we almost draft him?

Well, he didn’t fall hard enough for us to draft him, we got randle

I thought he was out of the league. No way he is shooting like this for the rest of the season.

No way he gets as many wide open looks as we gave him tonight ever again.

Give Luka credit

That pass was ridiculous . But still, Rui's body language looks so low energy in the final few seconds of that possession.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:33 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I thought he was out of the league. No way he is shooting like this for the rest of the season.

Give Luka credit

What the hell is Rui doing over there? Watching Luka? He picked up his dribble already, get back to your man!!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:34 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Oh, he will get many more open looks for sure. I doubt he will ever go 7/9 again though
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Mavs next opponent will play Exum to be a shooter and he’ll build a house.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:37 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
MJST wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Exum was a sub 30 percent three point shooter this season before tonight. He was the guy we WANTED shooting. He just hit everything. When we tried to keep him covered and not help on Luka, Luka shredded Prince because Prince is too small to guard him.

People really needs to calm down, the odds of a sub 30% shooter going 7/9 from the 3 is very low. They probably planned to give him the shot. Once he got hot, not much you can do. (Especially in the 4th)

Everyone says "not much you can do" when a stand still shooter gets hot from three.

There IS something you can do. Stay home on them and make them dribble so they have to pass it.

What you DON'T do is keep them wide open and saying "Well eventually they'll miss.. so why play defense?"

They tried. And Luka shredded Prince three or four straight times when we didn’t send help. If we send AD over to help, then the corner guy HAS TO come down low to keep Luka from throwing an easy lob to the dive man. It isn’t as easy as telling someone stay on this man, especially when they’re choosing not to rotate over to THJ, who is a great shooter and was also hot tonight, instead of a sub 30 percent shooter.

Something I always heard "A 0% shooter can shoot 80% in practice when no one's defending them. So don't remind them of practice."

Pick your poison, you watch Luka to go iso or give them a 3 point shot. That’s how double teams works, we get same wide open looks all the time when teams collapse on AD

I'll live with a Luka iso and 2 points instead of giving up a wide open three pointer. Luka makes 6 points off defended isos rather than us giving up 9 easy non-defended points on threes, we win the game by 1.

That's what I think about.

You are judging with the result, Luka going iso against prince has a much higher chance of generating points especially when you factoring the fouls.

I wouldn't have Prince on him period.

But I can live with Luka *potentially* getting an and-one. As opposed to giving up a wide open three.

One 'could' happen, the other thing's been happening all night. So I'd rather deal with the consequences of Luka having to score, than leaving people that have been on fire wide open from three. In that scenario.

Wait, Luka had 33 points in the game, so both have been happening all night. It is pick your poison. I am sure ham would do the same thing again if given a choice
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:38 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Oh, he will get many more open looks for sure. I doubt he will ever go 7/9 again though

He didn't go 7-9 randomly. He had 15 feet of space. And after he went 4-5 the Lakers still left him open. That was some stubborn stupid BS
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:38 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

What the hell is Rui doing over there? Watching Luka? He picked up his dribble already, get back to your man!!!!

That sequence was atrocious. Luka picked up his dribble and Rui then start slowly walking over to him letting Exum shoot the 3 like it was a free throw.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:40 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

He didn't go 7-9 randomly. He had 15 feet of space. And after he went 4-5 the Lakers still left him open. That was some stubborn stupid BS

Do you leave Steph open if he was 0-10 from the 3 in a night? If not, stick to your game plan. Besides, THJ and Grant Williams were both making them, who do you leave open after double on Luka?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:41 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

That sequence was atrocious. Luka picked up his dribble and Rui then start slowly walking over to him letting Exum shoot the 3 like it was a free throw.

I thought we should’ve used max down the stretch, Rui was too slow rotating and very low defensive awareness
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:42 pm    Post subject:

https://x.com/3cbperformance/status/1734776512300376237?s=46&t=VJNAyA603EB9oePT0uUvuw
Don’t take it from me, this is lebron
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:43 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Do you leave Steph open if he was 0-10 from the 3 in a night? If not, stick to your game plan. Besides, THJ and Grant Williams were both making them, who do you leave open after double on Luka?

Yup, I understand your point. But to me that is where the stubbornness comes in. A guy is 4-5 and you cant say okay, this dude is hot as heck, lets adjust the gameplan and not leave him wide open. You stubbornly stick to the leave Exum open plan.

You could easily decide to guard Exum and then Curry burns you, sure. But there was no evidence that Curry was hot tonight.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:43 pm    Post subject:

oh well. was stuck around mavs fans. Inexcusable loss when your 2 guys put up those numbers. We will never reach the heights we are capable of with our PG.

Fortunately we have a b2b with a bottom feeder which so far is our strength..
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:48 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Yup, I understand your point. But to me that is where the stubbornness comes in. A guy is 4-5 and you cant say okay, this dude is hot as heck, lets adjust the gameplan and not leave him wide open. You stubbornly stick to the leave Exum open plan.

You could easily decide to guard Exum and then Curry burns you, sure. But there was no evidence that Curry was hot tonight.

There were 2-3 that was off lazy close outs by Rui and ar especially the one in the video above. Without those 2-3, we won the game regardless.
To me, Steph going 0-10 just means he has a much higher chance of hitting the next one, and exum being 4/5 means he has a much lower chance of hitting the next one. That’s today’s NBA analytics(ham even said it). Love it or hate it, they are going to do the same thing again
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:48 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:

He's the guy you want shooting until he makes a lot of them in a row and then you give someone else a chance.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Lebron had some anemic close outs against Grant Williams in the first half. Dlo infuriated me with his incredibly weak close outs against THJ. But Exum hitting 7/9 is just one of those things you can’t anticipate.
exactly too much damn ball watching
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
ducasse wrote:

He's the guy you want shooting until he makes a lot of them in a row and then you give someone else a chance.

Grant Williams 5/7, THJ 5/10. Lively shoots a pretty good percentage on dunks
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

There were 2-3 that was off lazy close outs by Rui and ar especially the one in the video above. Without those 2-3, we won the game regardless.
To me, Steph going 0-10 just means he has a much higher chance of hitting the next one, and exum being 4/5 means he has a much lower chance of hitting the next one. That’s today’s NBA analytics(ham even said it). Love it or hate it, they are going to do the same thing again

Wow, I call BS on those analytics. So the analytics say that a guy who is 0-10 is more likely to hit a shot than a guy who is 4-5?

Thats some stubborn BS that causes teams to lose games if Ive ever seen it.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:05 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Lets be real tho: If the refs didn't give Luka every single foul call on zero contact...We would have won.
We start guarding him lightly, allows him to hit others for open 3's.
This game had "scripted" written all over it.

Are you just now learning about superstar calls?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:08 pm    Post subject:

For that one day when Exum went 4/5, he would more likely than not to hit his next one due to the "hot" factor as in when a player is hot, they stay hot. I think next time Ham should adjust. If a player is hot for the day, regardless of his career percentage, don't leave him open anymore. Leave a good shooter who's having a bad shooting night open instead.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:10 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Grant Williams 5/7, THJ 5/10. Lively shoots a pretty good percentage on dunks

I hate Grant Williams, he is super annoyingly solid

And THJ is so streaky, we caught him at the wrong time. The Mavs REALLY get up to play us, this loss sucks seeding wise.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:10 pm    Post subject:

outside of beating the suns and cavs, we struggle with mediocre to good teams on the road.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Wow, I call BS on those analytics. So the analytics say that a guy who is 0-10 is more likely to hit a shot than a guy who is 4-5?

Thats some stubborn BS that causes teams to lose games if Ive ever seen it.

It’s the player based. They have in game analytics on those too.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Exum 6.4ppg - 26pts 7/9 in 3s as a 28% shooter
Grant 9.8ppg - 19pts
THJ 16.9ppg - 32pts

DLO - 7 freaking points

We only lost by 2pts… Geez one less 3 made from one of those guys and we win. Teams just get hot against us for some reason.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:13 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
For that one day when Exum went 4/5, he would more likely than not to hit his next one due to the "hot" factor as in when a player is hot, they stay hot. I think next time Ham should adjust. If a player is hot for the day, regardless of his career percentage, don't leave him open anymore. Leave a good shooter who's having a bad shooting night open instead.

Who was that? Luka was actually the only one that was cold from the 3, would you willing to take that chance?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22
Jump to: