Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
Always the guys who cant shoot, magically become curry vs the lakers. why did we keep leaving him open dont help on him.

I dont understand why they dont let luka have the 2 but not get hot shooting 3s nor give anyone else a wide open 3. Why not just play man to man with Cam on Luka and just let the chips fall where they may.

Honestly not sure why Cam wasn’t in for defense. Prince was too small. But Cam was HORRENDOUS on offense tonight, so maybe Ham decided we couldn’t afford to play him since Prince was hitting 3s today.

Prince needs to lose his starting position. Problem is Rui can be just as lazy if not more so on defense.
I like rui on Luka. He doesn't have alot of foot speed so I dont mind having rui cover him.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:13 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
MJST wrote:
We lose this game by 2 points.

If you give up a contested layup to Luka instead of constantly leaving three point shooters open, the points spread is in our favor.

I'll pick "contested two" over "leave wings on fire open for three" any day.

Ham doesn’t have your common sense. He is the dumbest coach in the NBA.

Us shutting down the Pacers disproves this notion. Not gonna jump down Ham's throat after a loss after we just had a winning streak with the help of his defensive strategies.

Just really hits home how badly we need Vando, especially when LeBron/Rui/Reaves are in their lazy mindsets defensively.

How many wide open 3s did the pacers miss in that game?

That's because the high energy defensive effort had them of rhythm. Defensive effort tonight was probably 50% what it was against Pacers. 75% would have got the job done.

Rui makes that alley oop and isn't lazily ball watching on defense and we win this game too. But Rui had the kind of game that had the Wizards give up on him today. If that's Vando, that doesn't happen.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:14 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
Always the guys who cant shoot, magically become curry vs the lakers. why did we keep leaving him open dont help on him.

I dont understand why they dont let luka have the 2 but not get hot shooting 3s nor give anyone else a wide open 3. Why not just play man to man with Cam on Luka and just let the chips fall where they may.

Honestly not sure why Cam wasn’t in for defense. Prince was too small. But Cam was HORRENDOUS on offense tonight, so maybe Ham decided we couldn’t afford to play him since Prince was hitting 3s today.

I rather him be horendous on offense but letting him guard one on one with Luka thus no easy 3s. When exum is hitting like that at what point do you say "You know what? Maybe ill have to make a adjustment and sporadically let Cam in to guard Luka. Vando is not a offensive machine either."
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A bad shooter had a career night and we lost our Luka defender to a quad bruise. (bleep) happens.

Mistakes were made along the way, sure, but this was pretty (bleep) luck.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Itsowheeze wrote:
MJST wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
dj1337 wrote:

Prince needs to lose his starting position. Problem is Rui can be just as lazy if not more so on defense.
I like rui on Luka. He doesn't have alot of foot speed so I dont mind having rui cover him.

Rui himself probably lost exum 3-4 times.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

rock0100 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Exum was a sub 30 percent three point shooter this season before tonight. He was the guy we WANTED shooting. He just hit everything. When we tried to keep him covered and not help on Luka, Luka shredded Prince because Prince is too small to guard him.

People really needs to calm down, the odds of a sub 30% shooter going 7/9 from the 3 is very low. They probably planned to give him the shot. Once he got hot, not much you can do. (Especially in the 4th)

Its a poor defensive game plan by Ham. Be should have adjusted at half.

You can’t stick to it all game when you got lit up all 1st half. He just sits there hoping the shots will stop falling and Kidd happily kept going at it.

That’s why Ham should be an assistant and nothing more.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

These losses are so (bleep) annoying.

What’s more irritating is the IST championship doesn’t count on W/L.

We have go to stop being head up ass against Dallas. JFC.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:16 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Itsowheeze wrote:
MJST wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
dj1337 wrote:

Rui himself probably lost exum 3-4 times.
he did I thought he showed poor defensive awareness tonight. I thought he was ok when he guarded Luka at the point of attack
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

Itsowheeze wrote:

Rui has those wide shoulders, opponents can’t straight-line drive past him. Rui also has those long arms, opponents can’t throw over top of him. Low-key Rui is actually one of our better defenders.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

Like I always say...Lakers in town is the NBA championship for some random player...Tonight, it's Exum.
This Hobo will go back to scoring 2 points a game for the rest of the bum's career.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Itsowheeze wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Exum was a sub 30 percent three point shooter this season before tonight. He was the guy we WANTED shooting. He just hit everything. When we tried to keep him covered and not help on Luka, Luka shredded Prince because Prince is too small to guard him.

People really needs to calm down, the odds of a sub 30% shooter going 7/9 from the 3 is very low. They probably planned to give him the shot. Once he got hot, not much you can do. (Especially in the 4th)

Its a poor defensive game plan by Ham. Be should have adjusted at half.

You can’t stick to it all game when you got lit up all 1st half. He just sits there hoping the shots will stop falling and Kidd happily kept going at it.

That’s why Ham should be an assistant and nothing more.

I hate to defend ham, but mavs didn’t score 71 points in the 2nd half and with the way refs are calling contacts, our defenders would’ve fouled out long time ago against Luka.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:18 pm    Post subject:

The Mavs are really really not a good team...Rely wayyyyyy too much on the 3.
We will DESTROY these pretenders in a 7 game series.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:18 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Like I always say...Lakers in town is the NBA championship for some random player...Tonight, it's Exum.
This Hobo will go back to scoring 2 points a game for the rest of the bum's career.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
The Mavs are really really not a good team...Rely wayyyyyy too much on the 3.
We will DESTROY these pretenders in a 7 game series.

We might not make the playoffs if this fool Ham cant make adjustments...I mean things even Ray Charles can see is obvious.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
MJST wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Everyone says "not much you can do" when a stand still shooter gets hot from three.

There IS something you can do. Stay home on them and make them dribble so they have to pass it.

What you DON'T do is keep them wide open and saying "Well eventually they'll miss.. so why play defense?"

They tried. And Luka shredded Prince three or four straight times when we didn’t send help. If we send AD over to help, then the corner guy HAS TO come down low to keep Luka from throwing an easy lob to the dive man. It isn’t as easy as telling someone stay on this man, especially when they’re choosing not to rotate over to THJ, who is a great shooter and was also hot tonight, instead of a sub 30 percent shooter.

Something I always heard "A 0% shooter can shoot 80% in practice when no one's defending them. So don't remind them of practice."

Pick your poison, you watch Luka to go iso or give them a 3 point shot. That’s how double teams works, we get same wide open looks all the time when teams collapse on AD

I'll live with a Luka iso and 2 points instead of giving up a wide open three pointer. Luka makes 6 points off defended isos rather than us giving up 9 easy non-defended points on threes, we win the game by 1.

That's what I think about.

You are judging with the result, Luka going iso against prince has a much higher chance of generating points especially when you factoring the fouls.

I wouldn't have Prince on him period.

But I can live with Luka *potentially* getting an and-one. As opposed to giving up a wide open three.

One 'could' happen, the other thing's been happening all night. So I'd rather deal with the consequences of Luka having to score, than leaving people that have been on fire wide open from three. In that scenario.
. Yep or Austin. You see teams just going at Austin and Prince and ham just puts his hands in his pockets smh. You need to adjust lol
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:21 pm    Post subject:

It really, really sucks to lose tonight, but I'm not going to blame Ham or the Lakers for that. Some nights, a guy just catches fire. Just like you wouldn't rotate off of Steph Curry if he's 0-7 from three in a game, I don't blame the Lakers for not making Exum the priority in rotations after he hit a few threes. Sometimes, a guy just has a huge outlier game. Really sucks that we didn't have Vando, whose size would have been welcome in trying to guard Luka one on one, and sucks that Dlo and Cam played like crap, but who expects a sub 30 percent shooter to go 7/9 from three?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

JUST-MING wrote:
Austin with the shooters bounce .

https://youtu.be/yzEDA64hfgA?t=7m6s

Last edited by JUST-MING on Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

Exum lit Lakers up for 15 in the 4th.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Lets be real tho: If the refs didn't give Luka every single foul call on zero contact...We would have won.
We start guarding him lightly, allows him to hit others for open 3's.
This game had "scripted" written all over it.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:26 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Exum lit Lakers up for 15 in the 4th.

Dante exum has a total of 8s for the season prior to tonight
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:27 pm    Post subject:

With Vando Lakers probably win. Prince and AR guarding Luka was not going to work.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

Lebron had some anemic close outs against Grant Williams in the first half. Dlo infuriated me with his incredibly weak close outs against THJ. But Exum hitting 7/9 is just one of those things you can’t anticipate.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ksmgf wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Why does Dante Exum sound familiar, did we almost draft him?

Well, he didn’t fall hard enough for us to draft him, we got randle

I thought he was out of the league. No way he is shooting like this for the rest of the season.

No way he gets as many wide open looks as we gave him tonight ever again.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Cam guards Luka? Cam shooting like a 3year old in the game? So what!...atleast we dont have to collapse and double luka and leave guys wide open...How many times does it take to see what you doing not working and make adjustments?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:31 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Why does Dante Exum sound familiar, did we almost draft him?

Well, he didn’t fall hard enough for us to draft him, we got randle

I thought he was out of the league. No way he is shooting like this for the rest of the season.

No way he gets as many wide open looks as we gave him tonight ever again.

Give Luka credit
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22
Jump to: