PISTONS -at- LAKERS - 3/4 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject:

Easily the best win in the last 2 seasons. Let's just hope the team isn't teasing us again.

NKPOG = Lamar. He hit quite a number of perimeter shots which got his confidence going. This time he took what the defense was giving him instead of overdribbling to get a shot. Stay aggressive LO!

Kwame was huge on the boards. I don't understand his comment about wanting to score. Just do the dirty work, Kwame, you'll get more PT and the points will come. Be like Ben! Be like Ben!

Kobe seems to be in cruise control with him going at 80 and everyone else at 45. He's making it all look rather easy which is good for us and dangerous for all opponents.

Props to the entire team for a well-played, well-earned game against a quality opponent. And don't be teasin' us.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject:

I had a premonition about this game the other night. I came home at about 5 in the morning Friday night, but when I went to sleep, I had a dream that we had unexpectedly made it to Game 7 of the NBA Finals. We were facing either Miami or Detroit, and we won, not in a climatic Kobe Game-winner way or anything, but a decisive win in which we finally "got it". We were D-ing up and hitting our shots.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
SCAR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject:

How did Ronny do? I didn't see the game. I hope we can gain some momentum from this game!
jmark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject:

Great team win. We need the same confident effort tomorrow night too.
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject:

Whatever problems Kobe might have once had against Detroit's defense are officially over imo.

Prince used to be able to use his length to his advantage, but Kobe's figured him out. Kobe is even above Detroit's defense now.

Dude is amazing.
jeremysnow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

the best offensive player will almost always beat the best defensive player.

simply because, the offensive player knows EXACTLY what he's going to do, while the defensive player loses a split second reacting or has to anticipate/guess the offensive player's moves.

and kobe is the BEST player in the nba. AND the best offensive player.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. It was an awesome game. I'm sure you had no problem doing this post.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

great to see output from Lamar and Kwame in the same night....I hope this is the momentum this teams needs to carry us into the playoffs. whoever we're playing in the first round...better watch out...cause we're not going home early.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject:

jwbrown77 wrote:
Whatever problems Kobe might have once had against Detroit's defense are officially over imo.

Prince used to be able to use his length to his advantage, but Kobe's figured him out. Kobe is even above Detroit's defense now.

They more clearly defined the perimeter fouls. Prince used to get away with holds and hand checks like Fox used to out on the perimeter. Harder to do that these days.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject:

SCAR wrote:
How did Ronny do? I didn't see the game.

A lot of cheering and jumping up and down along the sidelines.
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
jwbrown77 wrote:

They more clearly defined the perimeter fouls. Prince used to get away with holds and hand checks like Fox used to out on the perimeter. Harder to do that these days.

Well, they were letting Prince get away with murder that series to Kobe's credit...

But still, I think Kobe is working himself into spots where he's not allowing them the chance.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:
My feeling is that the Piston's play at a tempo, or pace, that the Lakers are more comfortable with... The Pistons give us time to set up our offense... Furthermore, I have always felt that we could penetrate, and disrupt the Piston's Game.

I think we can consistently beat the Pistons, with a good "inside/outside game", in which we seek to penetrate, first, or look for the open man, on the perimeter.

Interesting comments. Here are some additional things to ponder, when considering your events: 1) The Shaq/Kobe Lakers wanted the same tempo and were unsuccessful - despite the fact that those teams were better talent-wise; 2) The Piston players are lengthy and able to switch on just about any switches - limiting clean shots on pick and rolls and 3) Pistons apply consistent and hard defensive pressure throughout the entire game - hence their success.

It will be interesting to view the Spurs game because they do many of the same things on defense that one sees in the Pistons. Do you think that the Lakers have the same chances against TD, Eva's boyfriend and Manu?!?

IMO - the Lakers succeeded in the Pistons' game because LO became the triple-threat player that he is capable of, Lakers came out with the needed intensity/focus to win games and eliminated stupid mistakes
buzzman
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject:

OMG! WHAT A SPECTACULAR WIN! I went to that game and had the BEST TIME! I got there late... got there during halftime cause I spent most of my time with a "ladyfriend" It went so well with her.

I have to goto another game again and also visit my friend

-Buzz
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: