(Vet min) CHRISTIAN WOOD a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Plus side, glad that Pockets know that Wood > Hayes. Stupid of him to play Hayes more earlier.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Impactor.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Reminds me of Thomas Bryant but with a better shot, defense is bad like TB’s but the dude is a bucket getter
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Plus side, glad that Pockets know that Wood > Hayes. Stupid of him to play Hayes more earlier.

Crazy it was ever even a discussion.

Took 40 games but Ham finally realized Wood needs to get all the backup 5 minutes, Vando should only play with Wood on the floor and Reddish should get more minutes than Vando.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Reminds me of Thomas Bryant but with a better shot, defense is bad like TB’s but the dude is a bucket getter

CWood’s defense isn’t necessarily good, but it’s not so bad that it makes him unplayable, like TB’s was
#18 next...
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:21 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

Took 40 games but Ham finally realized Wood needs to get all the backup 5 minutes, Vando should only play with Wood on the floor and Reddish should get more minutes than Vando.

It’s a shame Vando has regressed to even worse than he already was, offensively

He’s a 12-18mpg situational player, currently
#18 next...
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:32 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

CWood’s defense isn’t necessarily good, but it’s not so bad that it makes him unplayable, like TB’s was

You are right, TB was really bad defensively. He wasn't even there to challenge people so his size was useless defensively. Wood is playable as a center, and actually made a few plays defensively tonight challenging or going after big rebounds.

I see he works well with a number of lineups so there is potential to get him consistent minutes.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You are right, TB was really bad defensively. He wasn't even there to challenge people so his size was useless defensively. Wood is playable as a center, and actually made a few plays defensively tonight challenging or going after big rebounds.

I see he works well with a number of lineups so there is potential to get him consistent minutes.

Thank you both for getting more more excited for CWood
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:38 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

His lineup data & +/- were always too good to justify DNP-CDs on a bad team.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:08 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Theseus wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Probably one of things that have drove me the most insane. The guy is so talented on offense and we had him glued to the bench or playing 12 minutes a game. On a team that struggles to score.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:54 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
tox wrote:
Theseus wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Probably one of things that have drove me the most insane. The guy is so talented on offense and we had him glued to the bench or playing 12 minutes a game. On a team that struggles to score.

Exactly, I mean what's up with that. Fortunately Ham may have seen the light after almost half a season.
Wood just needs to put in more effort defensively. But there's no doubt that we need his offensive punch and rebounding.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Should play exclusively as pf and should be starting. Bad at center position though.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Cause no way wood should play C. At pf spot he is a good hel defender and can provide spacing.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:24 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

As C he's a bad defender, at pf spot with AD he is a decent defender. I dont know why ham still using him as C. Just use Hayes for spot minutes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:04 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Should play exclusively as pf and should be starting. Bad at center position though.

Lebron is the starting PF, my guess is that he remains in the starting lineup.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
leking006 wrote:

{deleted} lebron started as pg when they are using Vando and Reddiah as starters. Lebron can play multiple positions the last time i check. {personal attack deleted by alpha}
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:13 pm    Post subject:

So you really want Lebron guarding PGs? Neither him or Wood can guard decent SFs. As long as he’s healthy Lebron will guard mostly PFs.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:46 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
leking006 wrote:

blah blah. lebron started as pg when they are using Vando and Reddiah as starters. Lebron can play multiple positions the last time i check. Just go back watching your flippers.

It gets tiring reading personal insults over and over again (especially against VLF) and you're usually a quality poster.
He brought up a legit point, how does a lineup with AD + Wood + Lebron bring enough perimeter defense? The opposing team will likely have at least 3 quality wings who are fast and can shoot from the outside. e.g Sac will have Barnes/Fox/Monk, Celtics will have White/Tatum/Brown/Holiday, Denver will have Murray/KCP/Porter and on and on ...
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:03 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

It’s a shame Vando has regressed to even worse than he already was, offensively

He’s a 12-18mpg situational player, currently

Yeah, between him, Reddish and Wood, he's the one I'd lose in a heartbeat, unfortunately, it's Reddish and Wood who don't have longterm deals and will likely be elsewhere next season.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:26 am    Post subject:

Wood played some good ball vs OKC. He was solid on both ends of the court.

Stats: C-Wood scored 11 Pts, 7 RBs, 3 Blks, 1 Ast. in a little under 14 minutes.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:37 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Wood played some good ball vs OKC. He was solid on both ends of the court.

Stats: C-Wood scored 11 Pts, 7 RBs, 3 Blks, 1 Ast. in a little under 14 minutes.

Love the 3 blocks and the chemistry he's building with both AD and Vando and Rui. Good to see both DLO and LeBron finding him more often now.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:33 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
leking006 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
leking006 wrote:

blah blah. lebron started as pg when they are using Vando and Reddiah as starters. Lebron can play multiple positions the last time i check. Just go back watching your flippers.

It gets tiring reading personal insults over and over again (especially against VLF) and you're usually a quality poster.
He brought up a legit point, how does a lineup with AD + Wood + Lebron bring enough perimeter defense? The opposing team will likely have at least 3 quality wings who are fast and can shoot from the outside. e.g Sac will have Barnes/Fox/Monk, Celtics will have White/Tatum/Brown/Holiday, Denver will have Murray/KCP/Porter and on and on ...

Lebron is a better defender and rebounder than Prince on the perimeter and interior.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:58 am    Post subject:

Hope we can give Wood a contract next year
#18 next...
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:35 am    Post subject:

What will he have to do to get real minutes?

Minutes should be around 24 IMO.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:59 am    Post subject:

Playing with a lot of effort and intensity lately. He also doesn't seem to pout/slouch after misses, blocked shots etc. anymore. I hope he keeps it up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 36 of 39
Jump to: