Is This Team Better? How Well Will Players Mesh?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:51 pm    Post subject: Is This Team Better? How Well Will Players Mesh?

I don’t know. I’d like to have a bigger, stronger pf, unless AD isn’t starting center, but it’ll be interesting to see how incoming f/a’s and rookies fit with the core. I have a suspicion AR will be better as he has been each season. I also think at least a rookie or 2 will put a smile on our face.

After having little to no interest in the opening day squad last year, I’ve got a lot of curiousity and hope that they’re a good team and may gel into one that’s very good.

What do you think?
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:58 pm    Post subject:

About even. I like Dennis better then Gabe. I like Prince better than TB jr.
Think Hayes is the same as Bamba with less shooting.
Cam is .....well Cam. Afterthought
Hope the kids play well and contribute as that's the only thing that brings us up a notch along with continuity with the core players.

Overall, pretty good job by Pelinka with the 172 as a ceiling.
Think we have a shot as long as the big two stay fairly healthy and havent lost more being a year older:(
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Is This Team Better? How Well Will Players Mesh?

lakersboy wrote:
I don’t know. I’d like to have a bigger, stronger pf, unless AD isn’t starting center, but it’ll be interesting to see how incoming f/a’s and rookies fit with the core. I have a suspicion AR will be better as he has been each season. I also think at least a rookie or 2 will put a smile on our face.

After having little to no interest in the opening day squad last year, I’ve got a lot of curiousity and hope that they’re a good team and may gel into one that’s very good.

What do you think?

in terms of meshing, lbj/ad/rui/dlo/ar/vanderbilt have played multiple playoff series together

of the players entering rotation, vincent and prince are vets and vincent was just a key cog for both offense and defense in a finals team.

we should be good, though who knows how well when playing denver and suns
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:01 pm    Post subject:

A full off-season/training camp with the core that made us go from lottery, to WCF, upgraded bench, a couple of rookies to potentially make an impact.

Yeah they will be better. Will it be enough? Who knows. But they should be better.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Uhm yes?
Actually getting a training camp and a year of chemistry before the playoffs.
Actually having a chance at home court advantage in the playoffs.
Let's go!!!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:13 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Hope the kids play well and contribute as that's the only thing that brings us up a notch along with continuity with the core players.

Think we have a shot as long as the big two stay fairly healthy and havent lost more being a year older:(

Gabe showed me something in the series’ against Boston and Denver. For sure, I like his shooting, but I think he brings more than that.

I didn’t get to see 1 minute of Bamba because by the time I tuned in he was injured, so it seems to me, he just didn’t give the Lakers anything when they needed it. Whatever Hayes is able to give, it’ll be icing against teams like the ones they played in the playoffs. Of course, those teams should be better coming of injuries or due to personnel additions.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:18 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Uhm yes?
Let's go!!!

I always reflect back to Phil’s 1st year when he told media he expected to be 5-5 his first 10 games. They were 8-2 and only got better.

I agree, camp will make a difference and roles will begin to be defined and unfold throughout the year.

I expect we’ll see some decline in Lebron, maybe on both ends, and we’ll see who can and does step up.

Hopefully guys take the competition seriously in the off season and put in the work to make a difference. A lot of teams have made an effort to improve, so it’s going to be probably one of the more interesting seasons to watch in a long time.

Last edited by lakersboy on Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Better or worse will depend on Lebron and AD. IF they maintain the level of this past season, better imo simply because they will have a preseason and the chance to mesh as opposed to last season.

I also fell that the younger players will get naturally better, especially Rui and Reaves. The progression of these two should be significant.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Uhm yes?
Let's go!!!

I always reflect back to Phil’s 1st year when he told media he expected to be 5-5 his first 10 games. They were 8-2 and only got better.

I agree, camp will make a difference and roles will begin to be defined and unfold throughout the year.

I expect we’ll see some decline in Lebron, maybe on both ends, and we’ll see who can and does step up.

Hopefully guys take the competition seriously in the off season and put in the work to make a difference. A lot of teams have made an effort to improve, so it’s going to be probably one of the more interesting seasons to watch in a long time.

I hope the team is solid enough that Lebron can coast in the regular season.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Is This Team Better? How Well Will Players Mesh?

cal1piggy wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

What do you think?

in terms of meshing, lbj/ad/rui/dlo/ar/vanderbilt have played multiple playoff series together

of the players entering rotation, vincent and prince are vets and vincent was just a key cog for both offense and defense in a finals team.

we should be good, though who knows how well when playing denver and suns
Warriors adding CP3 could make them better. Memphis being healthy will make them tougher overall, except they’re losing Brooks. We’ll see
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Schroeder to Vincent is a lateral move which is not a bad thing. We got that bargain.

DLo, Reaves, Rui all coming back.
Vando remaining.
Reddish, Hayes, Prince replacing Beasley, Gabriel ,TBJ.

Yeah we not only kept our depth, we got more of it. The only thing we'd really be missing is Walker in the Lou Williams 6th man role because with Reaves starting, that role needs to be filled. Vincent can do what Schroeder did for us on that front. But for backup 2 we're either depending on a rookie, Reddish or Christie, all of which are currently unproven.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:28 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:

I guess Cam is an afterthought. I can’t tell you anything about his game since college, and I didn’t really know it well then. Apparently he hasn’t shown much development, but maybe he’ll find his niche.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:33 pm    Post subject:

This still holds true?

NO REBOUNDS, NO RINGS!!!

Basically the same size, that’s why it woulda been better to have AD at PF with a legit CENTER!
Can’t give up offensive rebounds like we did against Nuggets for a put back! Everyone must BOX OUT & WANT IT more than the others!!!
HC: Riley
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:35 pm    Post subject:

This was an amazing offseason. It's now on LeBron and AD to do their jobs in getting healthy and Darvin in studying film all offseason.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:42 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Schroeder to Vincent is a lateral move which is not a bad thing. We got that bargain.

DLo, Reaves, Rui all coming back.
Vando remaining.
Reddish, Hayes, Prince replacing Beasley, Gabriel ,TBJ.

Yeah we not only kept our depth, we got more of it. The only thing we'd really be missing is Walker in the Lou Williams 6th man role because with Reaves starting, that role needs to be filled. Vincent can do what Schroeder did for us on that front. But for backup 2 we're either depending on a rookie, Reddish or Christie, all of which are currently unproven.

Watching Murray, it was clear he put in extra work on his shot, as well as KCP and Brown. I’d like to see Dlo become an even better, more reliable shooter, and it would be great if Vando shows signs of starting to figure things out, the way DFish and Ariza’s shooting improved when they were injured.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Let’s not forget about player improvement. What will Christie look like? Will Reaves, Rui, and Vando continue to get better?

Last edited by Lakerz113 on Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:44 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
This still holds true?

NO REBOUNDS, NO RINGS!!!

Basically the same size, that’s why it woulda been better to have AD at PF with a legit CENTER!
Can’t give up offensive rebounds like we did against Nuggets for a put back! Everyone must BOX OUT & WANT IT more than the others!!!

You’re 100% right. Pat Riley was a wise coach.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:44 pm    Post subject:

It seems clear Rob's motto is championship or bust. He has put the team in a perfect position to get it done. They improved in every facet. Would be a disappointment if they finished worse than last season.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
It seems clear Rob's motto is championship or bust. He has put the team in a perfect position to get it done. They improved in every facet. Would be a disappointment if they finished worse than last season.

I agree..it is a championship or bust year imo..

The Lakers now have the pieces and the necessary time.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:48 pm    Post subject:

West will probably be better. Last year was a weird year and everything fell our way .

Will bron be better or worse is the real question. Our regular season will be better from how it started.

For the most part it seems like a wash with a lot of hoping. Should be fun.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:50 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers were exposed for only have 6 rotation players against Denver. Right now we are still at just 6 rotation level players. Perhaps Prince becomes the 7th or Vando develops a 3. If not, this team will be lucky to get out the 2nd round.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Let’s not forget about player improvement. What will Christie look like? Will Reaves, Rui, and Vando continue to get better?

I’m always interested in seeing young guys’ improvement, and i expect it. I didn’t see Max last summer, but fan reviews weren’t good. He went on to become a very good shooter during that same year. If he focuses on the right things, he could become even better. I don’t worry about AR because he seems driven. I want to see Rui and Vando expand their games also.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
West will probably be better. Last year was a weird year and everything fell our way .

Will bron be better or worse is the real question. Our regular season will be better from how it started.

Last year was a weird year also because we had money locked into that guy named Westbrook.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:56 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Last year was a weird year also because we had money locked into that guy named Westbrook.
Wise investments make a difference.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:08 pm    Post subject:

If health permits and smart load management works.

This is easily a 54 win team, possibly more.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: