*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (05/12/23 @ 7:00 PM PT) Western Conference Semi-Finals - (Game #6) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 81, 82, 83  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:51 am    Post subject:

I certainly hope we win this game 6. It would be a huge challenge with the series momentum shift to win a game 7 on the road in SanFran. But I think realistically we would have about the same chance of winning that game 7 as the GSW have in winning game 6 in LA considering their road struggles.

Let’s not even test that theory though…need to treat this next game up 3-2 like a game 7 elimination game.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Thu May 11, 2023 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:28 am    Post subject:

This is going to be insane. It’s game 7.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:42 am    Post subject:

ESPN Analytics gives the Lakers a 61.6% chance of winning the game.

538 gives the Lakers a 57% chance of winning the game.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject:

They will be a tough out, but this is the game to try and do it...they know it, Lakers know...should be a really good game
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:53 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
This is going to be insane. It’s game 7.

This 💯.

Lakers fans have to go nuts and our team needs to crush them!

Despite the refs!

Go Lakers!
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:58 am    Post subject:

Feel confident that the Lakers will win game 6. We'd then be 6/6 at home this playoffs and 2/4 on the road.

Need to jump on them early in game 6, play with a big sense of urgency.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:01 am    Post subject:

The Warriors are 4-0 in road elimination games during playoff series under Steve Kerr.

2023- Win G7 @ Sac
2019- Win G5 @ Toronto
2018- Win G7 @ Hou
2016- Win G6 @ Okc
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:06 am    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
The Warriors are 4-0 in road elimination games during playoff series under Steve Kerr.

2023- Win G7 @ Sac
2019- Win G5 @ Toronto
2018- Win G7 @ Hou
2016- Win G6 @ Okc

Which means they're due for a loss
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:14 am    Post subject:

We'll win.

No surprise about last night. I expected it. Same as Game 2 up there. Body language and "championship demeanor" wasn't evident in our players. There was agitation and frustration instead.

I understand why...we all saw it. I agree with Ham...a foul isn't a foul. AD is getting Shaq treatment fouls with no whistle at this point. Dennis got hammered going to the basket, shoulder slammed into Reaves when he rebounded from the seated position..

So we ain't getting _hit from the refs. Get over it. Fine. That's how we rolling, and you won't protect our players we'll do it ourselves.

Punch them in the mouth from the opening whistle. Team USA Kobe thru Pau action. I'm not joking....where is our goon mentality? AC Green, Rambis, Fox anyone???

Someone, prob Vando or Even Bron better yet, because the team will follow him as a leader, needs to run through the chest of Green or hell even Steph.

They are NOT going to call flagrant 2 they don't have the balls...especially in this game if you run through a guy...Just shoulder run through and don't use the elbow....Bron played football, dip and run through one of them. LA fans would tear the place apart for an ejection. But someone needs to set the tone in the first minute.

Which brings up another point.

I think that foul on AD was low-key dirty and I haven't heard or ready anyone say it. If it's somewhere on our site, then apologies. After 5 games and playing in the NBA and basketball most of your life... you trying to block out someone it isn't at the neck or head area???? Really??? Come on. The head and neck is a small target, no one is taught that...you are trying to feel THE BODY!!! That should have been at worst a Flagrant 1. I think it was BS bush league play meant to "look" incidental. High hands when you know you got AD there trying to keep him off the glass? I ain't buying it.
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:19 am    Post subject:

Nothing pissed me off more than seeing draymond out hustle everyone on the court. We need some dogs to come out. We are getting punked on the glass way too many times.
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

windycitycane wrote:
I think this game is going to get ugly and violent real quick.

No way we lay down and regardless if AD is out, we need to play mad.

I see Draymond Green throwing some punches and getting tossed after one of our guys takes a swipe at Steph.

This is our game 7. Even the refs won’t be able to stop us.

The Laker faithful will be obnoxious as well. Loud.

Go Lakers!

I agree with a lot of this...I don't think punches are gonna get thrown but I do agree with playing not so much as "mad" but set the damn tone and establish it FIRST with the refs and make THEM adjust. Here is what is put in another thread...

We'll win.

No surprise about last night. I expected it. Same as Game 2 up there. Body language and "championship demeanor" wasn't evident in our players. There was agitation and frustration instead.

I understand why...we all saw it. I agree with Ham...a foul isn't a foul. AD is getting Shaq treatment fouls with no whistle at this point. Dennis got hammered going to the basket, shoulder slammed into Reaves when he rebounded from the seated position..

So we ain't getting _hit from the refs. Get over it. Fine. That's how we rolling, and you won't protect our players we'll do it ourselves.

Punch them in the mouth from the opening whistle. Team USA Kobe thru Pau action. I'm not joking....where is our goon mentality? AC Green, Rambis, Fox anyone???

Someone, prob Vando or Even Bron better yet, because the team will follow him as a leader, needs to run through the chest of Green or hell even Steph.

They are NOT going to call flagrant 2 they don't have the balls...especially in this game if you run through a guy...Just shoulder run through and don't use the elbow....Bron played football, dip and run through one of them. LA fans would tear the place apart for an ejection. But someone needs to set the tone in the first minute.

I think that foul on AD was low-key dirty and I haven't heard or ready anyone say it. If it's somewhere on our site, then apologies. After 5 games and playing in the NBA and basketball most of your life... you trying to block out someone it isn't at the neck or head area???? Really??? Come on. The head and neck is a small target, no one is taught that...you are trying to feel THE BODY!!! That should have been at worst a Flagrant 1. I think it was BS bush league play meant to "look" incidental. High hands when you know you got AD there trying to keep him off the glass? I ain't buying it.
____
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

Lakers have only played 2 road Game 7s in the last 35 years.

2006 at Phoenix (loss)
2002 at Sacramento (win)

Before that you have to go all the way back to the 80s. So either the Lakers will get an epic win in G6, or play a very rare epic road G7.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:21 am    Post subject:

Must WIN. Some one other than AD/LBJ must score big. If we can give rest to LBJ on scoring, he can defend better and target curry on defense.

Play strong. How can we allow GSW to play small and at the same time have 13 more shots. not at all acceptable.

This is game 7. If we lose this, season over.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:21 am    Post subject:

Vandal08 wrote:
We'll win.

I love that Kobe idea and I think Draymond is the perfect person to do that to. It also reminds me of that Fisher hit on Scola in 2009 which was so perfectly timed to send a message. Bron was there for the Kobe hit. He should know.
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:35 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Vandal08 wrote:
We'll win.

I love that Kobe idea and I think Draymond is the perfect person to do that to. It also reminds me of that Fisher hit on Scola in 2009 which was so perfectly timed to send a message. Bron was there for the Kobe hit. He should know.

100% Correct. Amen!
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:38 am    Post subject:

Now watch that cry baby Kerr go on media and warn lakers gonna retaliate in game 6.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:49 am    Post subject:

I don’t see the need to guard the GSW bigs at the 3pt line so I don’t want to see AD out there doing it…anyone else on the team can do it. They have been shooting too many layups so the strategy from Ham should be to keep AD near the paint to limit those layups.

A zone against a 3pt shooting team may not be a good recipe but perhaps it should be considered to limit their paint points and make them hit enough 3s to compete with:

AD/LBJ primarily scoring in the paint,
Rui primarily mid range,
Dlo/DShro/AR/LW4 primarily 3s+drives to the hoop.

With the added benefit of Vandi’s perimeter defense I think the Lakers can win with that strategy.
lakerhalo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:56 am    Post subject:

Let Draymond shoot!!
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:59 am    Post subject:

Coaches that cry to the league about how fouls are called are showing their team's weakness.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:03 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
I don’t see the need to guard the GSW bigs at the 3pt line so I don’t want to see AD out there doing it…anyone else on the team can do it. They have been shooting too many layups so the strategy from Ham should be to keep AD near the paint to limit those layups.

A zone against a 3pt shooting team may not be a good recipe but perhaps it should be considered to limit their paint points and make them hit enough 3s to compete with:

Rui primarily mid range,

With the added benefit of Vandi’s perimeter defense I think the Lakers can win with that strategy.

the only zone you can play against the warriors is box and one which would give Klay and their role players open shots, but this is not easy to play give our relatively new team. i certainly hope they try it some times and stay as close to Klay as possible.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:03 am    Post subject:

GPII is a unique playoff weapon for them. Played a big role last year, and has clearly given us issues the last two games. Please handle business tomorrow.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:05 am    Post subject:

Go Lakers!
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:08 am    Post subject:

The only way we win this game is if Lebron and AD both come out fighting for the Lakers lives. It will depend on our 2 best players, especially Lebron, since he sets the tone for the entire team.

I have no idea who wins, but I know that there's no way in hell this Lakers team will beat the Warriors in a game 7 on their floor.

So, Game 6 will be it for us. Either we continue forward with this incredible campaign of vindication, or the season's over...
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:10 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
The only way we win this game is if Lebron and AD both come out fighting for the Lakers lives. It will depend on our 2 best players, especially Lebron, since he sets the tone for the entire team.

I have no idea who wins, but I know that there's no way in hell this Lakers team will beat the Warriors in a game 7 on their floor.

So, Game 6 will be it for us. Either we continue forward with this incredible campaign of validation, or the season's over...

Lebron needs to empty the tank for this one. if we lose to Den or PHX next round, so be it, but this game will be the most important game for him in a while. there is no need to pace himself.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:13 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:

Rui primarily mid range,

the only zone you can play against the warriors is box and one which would give Klay and their role players open shots, but this is not easy to play give our relatively new team. i certainly hope they try it some times and stay as close to Klay as possible.

I still say we just switch everything and in this game where our defensive intensity and focus will be at its highest when we are already the best defensive team in the league, I think we just need to ensure we put a body in front of a man and we will win. What we cant do is give them any sort of confidence with an open shot. As long as our guys are flying around and staying in front of someone, this game will be ours
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 2 of 83
Jump to: