*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (05/10/23 @ 7:00 PM PT) Western Conference Semi-Finals - (Game #5) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:52 am    Post subject:

Why can they get away with what we cannot
Not one stoppage of play from a hit above the shoulders and I guess there were 4 or 5 of them

Shoving players constantly
Not just moving screens they shove their hip into you as you go by them which should be called every single time

This is not human error
What was the sequence in the 4th
Two SUS calls almost back to back to stop our attempt at trying to comeback
Bron is set and turns out of Payton's way when he goes up - FOUL
Then Payton loses the ball out of bounds - Bron never touched it and it was Obvious - GSW BALL

Not human error unless bias is an acceptable error?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:55 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Refs were garbage last night, but I’m not gonna go into ref conspiracies and whining. That’s warriors fan behavior. We need to adjust to the physicality and take care of the ball. Plain and simple.

Yeah I’m not so concerned with foul disparity, etc that GS fans have been whining about all series, I’m more concerned with the dirty tactics. They have been trying to injure AD and it got more blatant last night because they were facing elimination.

If that’s going to be allowed, then us smacking around Steph should be allowed if we are playing vintage 80s/90s ball.

However right now it just feels like typical Draymond starting (bleep) and running behind the refs and he got his clown associate Looney doing the same (bleep).

Yep, I'm all for physical play but that's not what it was.

GSW were allowed to play that way while we got ticky tack calls and nonsensical 5 sec violations. Call it the same both ways and it's fine, our guys will adjust.

5 seconds and a palming violation (Austin)
Not the same treatment
Guess chaotic moving screen team never palms the ball?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:54 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/jordydagoat_/status/1656507146870362118?s=46&t=LZLzjVPmosqPbICOlCZLnQ

Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:08 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/jordydagoat_/status/1656507146870362118?s=46&t=LZLzjVPmosqPbICOlCZLnQ

If we play a good game and the refs influence a loss then I’ll whine…otherwise I feel cheap blaming the refs for a loss. Not gonna oppose those whining now because the criticism of the refs is valid, but for me I just can’t join in under the circumstances. Early turnovers, jacking up poor shot selected 3s, matador defense layup line continually, not countering game 4 strategy of pulling AD out of the paint, and lack of focus with lack of energy without the appropriate sense of urgency to start the game is more related to the loss than the refs.

I don’t look at the refs to bail us out of a poor effort. I get the frustration from others and won’t disagree…but for me I gotta look more at us than the refs at the moment.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:56 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

If we play a good game and the refs influence a loss then I’ll whine…otherwise I feel cheap blaming the refs for a loss. Not gonna oppose those whining now because the criticism of the refs is valid, but for me I just can’t join in under the circumstances. Early turnovers, jacking up poor shot selected 3s, matador defense layup line continually, not countering game 4 strategy of pulling AD out of the paint, and lack of focus with lack of energy without the appropriate sense of urgency to start the game is more related to the loss than the refs.

I don’t look at the refs to bail us out of a poor effort. I get the frustration from others and won’t disagree…but for me I gotta look more at us than the refs at the moment.

if we don't get proper calls in game 6, we will lose, simple as that. no calls means more runouts for the warriors, and easier looks. if they are allowed to mug AD and Lebron, they sure as hell won't be able to run back in transition because they would be on the ground most of the time.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:09 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Oh I’m not blaming refs on that one, just found it funny. Lebron has done this a few times too.

All I ask is the physicality or how they call the game is the same for both teams.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 6:47 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
looney walking up on lebron's landing zone. Dirty mother (bleep).

he is a super super dirty player overall

prescient
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59
Page 59 of 59
Jump to: