*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (05/08/23 @ 7:00 PM PT) Western Conference Semi-Finals - (Game #4) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:06 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
In Your Face

Lakers win 104-101

Up and down game. Lakers jumped out early, then warriors responded, then Lakers returned the favor and led after 1. Warriors elected to go with an even "more smaller ball" starting lineup, likely hoping to steal one from the Lakers who, in the past, have shown it takes them time to adjust to midget lineups.

But in the second quarter Warriors started pulling away. The "team who leads after 1st quarter loses" hex seemed to creep in. But Lakers started edging their way back, and were only down 3 at the half.

3rd quarter had the Lakers fall down by 8, but then go on a 10-0 run to take a 2 point lead. Warriors then returned the favor and momentum started switching as they went on an 11-0 run, Curry just destroying our fellas' D on the pnr and bad shot selection by the Lakers.

But, this team will just have this wacky grit. They started clawing their way back / hanging around. Trailed by 7 going into the 4th.

Then along came...Lonnie Walker. Bang, he hit a 3. They got a stop. Bang, LBJ drive for a 2. Bang, AD layup. It was tied up. Went back and forth that quarter, the offense still looking a little wonky...until Lonnie Walker literally went Kobe and carried the team the rest of the way.

Lakers D tightened up, DS, LBJ, Lonnie, AR, and AD closed, and Warriors...who had played with intensity basically all night...literally flopped to the floor ala Apollo Creed in Rocky 2 as the the count was coming to 10.

Lakers win. Up 3-1.

Massive job still ahead. Dubs have, under Kerr, with their full HoF trio healthy, have never lost a western conference series. Tall order. Let's do it and make some history there.

Good write up. I’d love to send ‘em fishing on their home court. Wonder if ESPN will pick us for the next game huh?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Steph looked tired at the end and Klay is 4 steps too slow

Yeah they are having to do way more than they bargained for. AR may not be having his greatest offensive series, but they have to guard him. Klay is expending a lot of energy on that end. He missed a lot of makeable shots for him. Shots he was making in game 1 and 2

that steal Lonnie made off of Klay was hilarious seeing Klay trying to chase Lonnie down…
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:08 pm    Post subject:

great winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
We had 1 block this game, that’s how successful that High PNR by Kerr was. We have to figure out something on that

Bro they scored 101 on 46/29%, did you watch a different game?

A lot of them were open misses. They’ve been scoring in the paint with AD outside, did you watch the game?
There is no way they get that many layups with AD in there

So I’m just gonna present some thing here and you can decide whether it makes sense to you or not. Yes they got more points in the paint than us but I’ll present that that’s the game that we as the Lakers want them to play because if they’re going to the rim they’re not killing us with their three point shooting which we have all seen they are snipers

They are basically trying to play Lakers basketball better than the Lakers, which in my opinion is a recipe for their doom

Most of them were easy layups off Curry assists and in transition. I would not call that a successful defensive strategy. They gotta to adjust

It’s the warriors that have to adjust. They just lost the game and are down 3 to 1

The question is, what adjustment are they going to be able to make? They’ve already tried to make several adjustments and the Lakers are still winning

I’m not expecting the Lakers winning the next game. The Warriors are going to come out like it’s the end of the season which it is and they’re not gonna wanna lose in front of their own fans the officiating will be even worse. It will probably be a game six win to close out the Warriors but the fact of the matter is they have made several adjustments through these games and it’s not working for them because we’re just bigger.

The warriors lost this game because LWIV showed up to save us. Their strategy was successful, the high PNR created a lot of easy basket. I can see ham sticking AD on wiggins, but I think the warriors would go with the same strategy.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:10 pm    Post subject:

How do we not blow. 3-1 lead?
Hope to god the Lakers go for the jugular.

Don’t give this team life.
They can easily come back and win the series.
I think we all know that.

Learn from this.

Get Davis more touches in the second half.

More rebounds too!!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:11 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
We had 1 block this game, that’s how successful that High PNR by Kerr was. We have to figure out something on that

A lot of them were open misses. They’ve been scoring in the paint with AD outside, did you watch the game?

So I’m just gonna present some thing here and you can decide whether it makes sense to you or not. Yes they got more points in the paint than us but I’ll present that that’s the game that we as the Lakers want them to play because if they’re going to the rim they’re not killing us with their three point shooting which we have all seen they are snipers

They are basically trying to play Lakers basketball better than the Lakers, which in my opinion is a recipe for their doom

Most of them were easy layups off Curry assists and in transition. I would not call that a successful defensive strategy. They gotta to adjust

It’s the warriors that have to adjust. They just lost the game and are down 3 to 1

The question is, what adjustment are they going to be able to make? They’ve already tried to make several adjustments and the Lakers are still winning

I’m not expecting the Lakers winning the next game. The Warriors are going to come out like it’s the end of the season which it is and they’re not gonna wanna lose in front of their own fans the officiating will be even worse. It will probably be a game six win to close out the Warriors but the fact of the matter is they have made several adjustments through these games and it’s not working for them because we’re just bigger.

The warriors lost this game because LWIV showed up to save us. Their strategy was successful, the high PNR created a lot of easy basket. I can see ham sticking AD on wiggins, but I think the warriors would go with the same strategy.

We still held them to 101 points... Lakers just didn't shoot the ball well tonight.

I expect the Warriors to spam the crap out of the 3 in game 5 and hope those shots falls at home like game 1 and 2.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Klay's play has been surprisingly quiet after saying he was going to channel Kobe. Instead Lonnie channeled Kobe.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Figueroa Street is on fire right now🔥🏀🔥🏀🔥🏀🔥
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Outstanding win. Now time to take game 6 and move on. Going to take the biggest effort and complete game of the season so far.

Love the strategy of continually attacking Curry and Thompson. Making them work so hard took their legs away on those shots in the 4th.

Close this out Lakers!
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Luis5150 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
lakerfansd wrote:
I can't believe we totally forgot about Davis in second half. And the vet Schroder had a bad turnover and fouling Curry on a 3 late 4th. Still pulled it off.

Agree re AD...I mean, they won, but...wth?

16 shots... that's it!! He should have finished with at least with 30 points

AD’s value nowadays is more on the defensive side of the ball. His offensive game has regressed to the point he’s getting majority of his points on put backs and free throws, and he’s very clumsy catching basketball in the paint and has demonstrated time and time he’s a very back passer out of double team.

Some of this is true, but AD is also a two foot jumper on 1 foot and has been since he returned. He’s played damn good defense but he’s not had his full bounce. He has the hand speed to make up for a lot like Artest though
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
DrDent wrote:
In Your Face

Lakers win 104-101

Up and down game. Lakers jumped out early, then warriors responded, then Lakers returned the favor and led after 1. Warriors elected to go with an even "more smaller ball" starting lineup, likely hoping to steal one from the Lakers who, in the past, have shown it takes them time to adjust to midget lineups.

But in the second quarter Warriors started pulling away. The "team who leads after 1st quarter loses" hex seemed to creep in. But Lakers started edging their way back, and were only down 3 at the half.

3rd quarter had the Lakers fall down by 8, but then go on a 10-0 run to take a 2 point lead. Warriors then returned the favor and momentum started switching as they went on an 11-0 run, Curry just destroying our fellas' D on the pnr and bad shot selection by the Lakers.

But, this team will just have this wacky grit. They started clawing their way back / hanging around. Trailed by 7 going into the 4th.

Then along came...Lonnie Walker. Bang, he hit a 3. They got a stop. Bang, LBJ drive for a 2. Bang, AD layup. It was tied up. Went back and forth that quarter, the offense still looking a little wonky...until Lonnie Walker literally went Kobe and carried the team the rest of the way.

Lakers D tightened up, DS, LBJ, Lonnie, AR, and AD closed, and Warriors...who had played with intensity basically all night...literally flopped to the floor ala Apollo Creed in Rocky 2 as the the count was coming to 10.

Lakers win. Up 3-1.

Massive job still ahead. Dubs have, under Kerr, with their full HoF trio healthy, have never lost a western conference series. Tall order. Let's do it and make some history there.

Great recall. GS going to make another lineup change before the next one. Hopefully we're ready for the screen and roll game next game.

Thanks! yep gonna be a tough one but so sweet if they can do it in 5
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Wiggins and AD being the jump ball was bs too when Wiggins was standing out of bounds holding the ball with AD when the ref blew the whistle. It should have always been Laker ball
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
DrDent wrote:
In Your Face

Lakers win 104-101

Lakers win. Up 3-1.

Good write up. I’d love to send ‘em fishing on their home court. Wonder if ESPN will pick us for the next game huh?

They will pick the dubs. What is really strange is, unlike game 5 vs Memphis, and unlike game 2 vs the Dubs...I actually feel ok for this one again.

I think we have a good shot to win on their own homecourt. As long as the team plays with the same energy and focus they did in the 4th...but all game...theyll be in it.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:41 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Klay's play has been surprisingly quiet after saying he was going to channel Kobe. Instead Lonnie channeled Kobe.

Laker's defense has contained Klay --- Steph will get his but we need to continue to contain slow Klay.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Wiggins and AD being the jump ball was bs too when Wiggins was standing out of bounds holding the ball with AD when the ref blew the whistle. It should have always been Laker ball

And it was Klay that should be jumping with AD. That was a terrible setup by The lakers. AD had no where to tip the ball
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
I was feeling pretty good about the game whenever we went in at halftime and we weren’t down more than 10 points. My only worry was coming out with a lack of energy in the third quarter as 3/4 have been our nemesis.

But give credit to Darvin ham he didn’t allow that to happen they went end of the third-quarter and cut into that lead

And when it was close, going into the fourth quarter I was feeling pretty good about the situation

Austin Reaves found his game tonight. Hopefully he can carry that over into the next game. He scored over 20 points.

Lonnie Walker is our new secret weapon last series. It was Rui Hachimura.

After the last win, that 3 AR hit in the 4th to put the Lakers up by 26 (or was it 28?) I figured would help carry him over to this game as it just looked like a pure, sweet looking 3....voila, 3-6 from 3 tonight. We needed everyone of those darn points.

I'll say this about AR. Guy is not that fast. He is not that strong. He is probably not *that* skilled...he's sort of ok to above ok on a number of things...but dude has major grit. Just doesnt quit. He dug deep tonight and we needed it.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

And it was Klay that should be jumping with AD. That was a terrible setup by The lakers. AD had no where to tip the ball

I thought that too. I was thinking where is AD going to tip it when I saw how they were set up.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:47 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Laker's defense has contained Klay --- Steph will get his but we need to continue to contain slow Klay.

As great as Klay is, thing is his strength is the spot up. If you can jam him it really starts getting him uncomfortable. At that point, if he's just not in super nitro mode, he can be locked down if you play him that way. But it's not easy, takes discipline, good rotation, and overall just really getting into his space...and being ok running around 5,000 screens.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:47 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

I thought that too. I was thinking where is AD going to tip it when I saw how they were set up.

https://twitter.com/nbadaves/status/1655793895362494465?s=46&t=VJNAyA603EB9oePT0uUvuw
AD probably didn’t get the tip cleanly. Wiggins has a 44 inches vertical, and it was BS that the refs let him jump
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

Curry also encroached while the ball was still in the ref's hand.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Outstanding win. Now time to take game 6 and move on. Going to take the biggest effort and complete game of the season so far.

Love the strategy of continually attacking Curry and Thompson. Making them work so hard took their legs away on those shots in the 4th.

Close this out Lakers!

Why not game 5?
Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:

I thought the same! When I saw them setting up for a jump ball, I was like WTF!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Steph looked tired at the end and Klay is 4 steps too slow

Don't tell Kenny Smith who felt the warriors did not exert too much energy as they were just running up and down, like a track meet. I hope I heard him wrong otherwise that was a really dumb analysis and it's shocking he calls himself an expert
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Teams consistently miss open shots against the Lakers. They are probably the only team that can survive giving wide open looks to guys like Curry and Klay. That’s the main reason I’ve been picking them to win it all since even before they made the trades.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Teams consistently miss open shots against the Lakers. They are probably the only team that can survive giving wide open looks to guys like Curry and Klay. That’s the main reason I’ve been picking them to win it all since even before they made the trades.

I hope you are right, suns/nuggets/Celtics all look pretty scary, and we will need a better Lebron. Hope his foot can continue to progress
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 70 of 71
Jump to: