*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (05/08/23 @ 7:00 PM PT) Western Conference Semi-Finals - (Game #4) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:54 pm    Post subject:

I was feeling pretty good about the game whenever we went in at halftime and we weren’t down more than 10 points. My only worry was coming out with a lack of energy in the third quarter as 3/4 have been our nemesis.

But give credit to Darvin ham he didn’t allow that to happen they went end of the third-quarter and cut into that lead

And when it was close, going into the fourth quarter I was feeling pretty good about the situation

Austin Reaves found his game tonight. Hopefully he can carry that over into the next game. He scored over 20 points.

Lonnie Walker is our new secret weapon last series. It was Rui Hachimura.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:55 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
We had 1 block this game, that’s how successful that High PNR by Kerr was. We have to figure out something on that

Bro they scored 101 on 46/29%, did you watch a different game?
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:55 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
I want to take this moment to call out all the doom and gloom (bleep) in this thread.

What are you, the thread sheriff?
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
We had 1 block this game, that’s how successful that High PNR by Kerr was. We have to figure out something on that

They missed a lot of shots. I wouldn't say we handled their offense in a way that we want to repeat. I think we need to improve on that end, and get ready for any other gimmicky starting lineups they run out there. Jordan Poole at the 5 is my prediction
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Intlakeshow wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

A lot of them were open misses. They’ve been scoring in the paint with AD outside, did you watch the game?
There is no way they get that many layups with AD in there
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

eddiejonze wrote:
nickuku wrote:
I want to take this moment to call out all the doom and gloom (bleep) in this thread.

What are you, the thread sheriff?

You got admit some of these posters go way overboard there were people saying that we were going to lose the series based on what happened in the first half tonight
sixsixstang408
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:57 pm    Post subject:

lakers 20/20 on FTs. that's probably the key to the win. *golf clap*
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Bad shooting game and we still pull it out...

Walker b2b games

Reaves finally made his appearance.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:58 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

A lot of them were open misses. They’ve been scoring in the paint with AD outside, did you watch the game?

So I’m just gonna present some thing here and you can decide whether it makes sense to you or not. Yes they got more points in the paint than us but I’ll present that that’s the game that we as the Lakers want them to play because if they’re going to the rim they’re not killing us with their three point shooting which we have all seen they are snipers

They are basically trying to play Lakers basketball better than the Lakers, which in my opinion is a recipe for their doom
Dominic1981
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:58 pm    Post subject:

If the Warriors lose this series I think they are going to blow it up. Klay/Draymond will be dealt. I think they get rid of DDV, and rebuild around Curry, and their young guys. They’ll need to hope Poole bounces back bc they are stuck with him.

I’m really surprised Kuminga isn’t a player for them. He should be in their rotation
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
If the Warriors lose this series I think they are going to blow it up. Klay/Draymond will be dealt. I think they get rid of DDV, and rebuild around Curry, and their young guys. They’ll need to hope Poole bounces back bc they are stuck with him.

I’m really surprised Kuminga isn’t a player for them. He should be in their rotation

No way they go out like that... If that team get broken up most likely Curry is gone too. I can see Draymond leaving. Klay signs a team friendly deal.

Last edited by miggz23 on Mon May 08, 2023 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Remember when I called the AD on Wiggins adjustment?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

So I’m just gonna present some thing here and you can decide whether it makes sense to you or not. Yes they got more points in the paint than us but I’ll present that that’s the game that we as the Lakers want them to play because if they’re going to the rim they’re not killing us with their three point shooting which we have all seen they are snipers

They are basically trying to play Lakers basketball better than the Lakers, which in my opinion is a recipe for their doom

Most of them were easy layups off Curry assists and in transition. I would not call that a successful defensive strategy. They gotta to adjust
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Steph looked tired at the end and Klay is 4 steps too slow
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

None of what you’re saying means anything if the end result is what it was. The Warriors had a BAD offensive game tonight, I don’t care how many points they scored in the paint, because again, those didn’t add up to a good offensive performance. Curry had one of his worst shooting games ever and you guys are acting like he picked us apart ala prime Stockton or something.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:02 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Most of them were easy layups off Curry assists and in transition. I would not call that a successful defensive strategy. They gotta to adjust

It’s the warriors that have to adjust. They just lost the game and are down 3 to 1

The question is, what adjustment are they going to be able to make? They’ve already tried to make several adjustments and the Lakers are still winning

I’m not expecting the Lakers winning the next game. The Warriors are going to come out like it’s the end of the season which it is and they’re not gonna wanna lose in front of their own fans the officiating will be even worse. It will probably be a game six win to close out the Warriors but the fact of the matter is they have made several adjustments through these games and it’s not working for them because we’re just bigger.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DrDent wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Schroder has been horrible…

He's one of the reasons we got back in the game bro.

But yes that last play was ick

True. Hated the bad passes though.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

Lonnie should have never lost playing time to Beasley or Troy Brown.

I admit, I was on the Beasley train though but Troy?
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

In Your Face

Lakers win 104-101

Up and down game. Lakers jumped out early, then warriors responded, then Lakers returned the favor and led after 1. Warriors elected to go with an even "more smaller ball" starting lineup, likely hoping to steal one from the Lakers who, in the past, have shown it takes them time to adjust to midget lineups.

But in the second quarter Warriors started pulling away. The "team who leads after 1st quarter loses" hex seemed to creep in. But Lakers started edging their way back, and were only down 3 at the half.

3rd quarter had the Lakers fall down by 8, but then go on a 10-0 run to take a 2 point lead. Warriors then returned the favor and momentum started switching as they went on an 11-0 run, Curry just destroying our fellas' D on the pnr and bad shot selection by the Lakers.

But, this team will just have this wacky grit. They started clawing their way back / hanging around. Trailed by 7 going into the 4th.

Then along came...Lonnie Walker. Bang, he hit a 3. They got a stop. Bang, LBJ drive for a 2. Bang, AD layup. It was tied up. Went back and forth that quarter, the offense still looking a little wonky...until Lonnie Walker literally went Kobe and carried the team the rest of the way.

Lakers D tightened up, DS, LBJ, Lonnie, AR, and AD closed, and Warriors...who had played with intensity basically all night...literally flopped to the floor ala Apollo Creed in Rocky 2 as the the count was coming to 10.

Lakers win. Up 3-1.

Massive job still ahead. Dubs have, under Kerr, with their full HoF trio healthy, have never lost a western conference series. Tall order. Let's do it and make some history there.
Dominic1981
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:03 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:

No way they go out like that... If that team get broken up most likely Curry is gone too. I can see Draymond leaving. Klay signs a team friendly deal.

Curry is their Kobe. He will be a Warrior for life. Draymond is for sure gone after all his nonsense and with the sucker punch on Poole. Klay I think another team will pay him more.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

20-20 FTs - that is locked in.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Steph looked tired at the end and Klay is 4 steps too slow

Yeah they are having to do way more than they bargained for. AR may not be having his greatest offensive series, but they have to guard him. Klay is expending a lot of energy on that end. He missed a lot of makeable shots for him. Shots he was making in game 1 and 2
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

anth2000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Schroder has been horrible…

He's one of the reasons we got back in the game bro.

But yes that last play was ick

True. Hated the bad passes though.

I’m gonna say the Dennis Schröder’s passes just made the game more difficult to win. They would’ve won by more if he would’ve been more efficient.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:05 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
In Your Face

Lakers win 104-101

Up and down game. Lakers jumped out early, then warriors responded, then Lakers returned the favor and led after 1. Warriors elected to go with an even "more smaller ball" starting lineup, likely hoping to steal one from the Lakers who, in the past, have shown it takes them time to adjust to midget lineups.

But in the second quarter Warriors started pulling away. The "team who leads after 1st quarter loses" hex seemed to creep in. But Lakers started edging their way back, and were only down 3 at the half.

3rd quarter had the Lakers fall down by 8, but then go on a 10-0 run to take a 2 point lead. Warriors then returned the favor and momentum started switching as they went on an 11-0 run, Curry just destroying our fellas' D on the pnr and bad shot selection by the Lakers.

But, this team will just have this wacky grit. They started clawing their way back / hanging around. Trailed by 7 going into the 4th.

Then along came...Lonnie Walker. Bang, he hit a 3. They got a stop. Bang, LBJ drive for a 2. Bang, AD layup. It was tied up. Went back and forth that quarter, the offense still looking a little wonky...until Lonnie Walker literally went Kobe and carried the team the rest of the way.

Lakers D tightened up, DS, LBJ, Lonnie, AR, and AD closed, and Warriors...who had played with intensity basically all night...literally flopped to the floor ala Apollo Creed in Rocky 2 as the the count was coming to 10.

Lakers win. Up 3-1.

Massive job still ahead. Dubs have, under Kerr, with their full HoF trio healthy, have never lost a western conference series. Tall order. Let's do it and make some history there.

Great recall. GS going to make another lineup change before the next one. Hopefully we're ready for the screen and roll game next game.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:

Curry is their Kobe. He will be a Warrior for life. Draymond is for sure gone after all his nonsense and with the sucker punch on Poole. Klay I think another team will pay him more.

Klay is not looking to go to some pretender team to get paid and just ride his pay into the sunset.

I would like to get Klay here if the Lakers can.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 69 of 71
Jump to: