*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (05/02/23 @ 7:00 PM PT) Western Conference Semi-Finals - (Game #1 ) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 69, 70, 71  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: *** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (05/02/23 @ 7:00 PM PT) Western Conference Semi-Finals - (Game #1 ) ***

pio2u wrote:
Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors
Chase Center, San Francisco, CA | Tuesday, May 2, 2023 / 7:00 PM PT

Western Conference Semi-Finals- (Game #1) )

* TEAM ROSTERS(links)

* INJURY REPORT(Link)
    Golden State Warriors
    A. Iguodala, R. Rollins - Out

Los Angeles Lakers
    None

* MEDIA
    TNT, NBALP, SpecSN, BSSE-MEM
    ESPN710, KSPN/KWKW-LALKPOJ

LET'S GO LAKERS!!
      ......................... Wallop the Warriors!!
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:40 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Like I said the Warriors look like us from 2011 - a title team running on fumes with major chemistry and connectivity issues whereas we look like the 2011 Mavericks.

What were the chemistry issues with our 2011 team? 57-25, the same record as 07-08 and 09-10, and the #2 seed. I remember it more as Pau disappearing for some reason (some speculated Shannon Brown sleeping with his girlfriend) and Kobe being on the verge of retirement from a bone-on-bone knee. And even then, we were right there with the Mavs during every game except the last one.

Bynum pretty much spelled it out for us: Trust issues which was meant as help was not helping the helper but could tie with the Pau and Shannon Brown incident which is what I was alluding to more. That 2011 team if truly connected should have made the NBA finals. That was the last time in the Kobe era that the Lakers were truly contenders.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Bahama Mychal to recuse himself from radio team?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Beat the Dubs in the play-in in 2021.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Again I know I sound like a broken record but is the Warriors defense that much worse than Memphis? It sure doesn’t seem like it at all, while on top of being miles better on offense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Again I know I sound like a broken record but is the Warriors defense that much worse than Memphis? It sure doesn’t seem like it at all, while on top of being miles better on offense

The Kings were torching them all series. And they defenitley are not as physical as Memphis.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:

Their best defense was hoping Sac missing shots and they did in game 7. That was the best defense for the kings too.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Warriors won’t have anybody to guard AD. If we can make him the focal point and he plays well, the Warriors are going to have a tough time with us. For this reason, I predict Lakers in three!
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have also won three in a row against the Warriors since February 2023. It’s a favorable matchup for us.

Yes Curry scored 50 today, but he took 38 shot attempts, shot 39% from deep and 53% from the floor. It’s an impressive line, but nothing to (bleep) our pants in fear over.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Warriors won’t have anybody to guard AD. If we can make him the focal point and he plays well, the Warriors are going to have a tough time with us. For this reason, I predict Lakers in three!

People keep saying DG gives AD problems, and that was totally BS. He just caught a soft AD sometimes. I do worry about dirty green and his material art moves. I remember he took a very hard foul on lebron in the playin and it wasn’t even called a flagrant back then.
I think Kerr will let wiggins guard lebron and let DG be the center fielder. I am not sure Wiggins can stop Lebron. Brooks was an idiot, but the dude is very strong. They also have another issue with Reaves and Dlo. Steph and klay are not exactly all nba defense.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:00 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Lakers have also won three in a row against the Warriors since February 2023. It’s a favorable matchup for us.

Yes Curry scored 50 today, but he took 38 shot attempts, shot 39% from deep and 53% from the floor. It’s an impressive line, but nothing to (bleep) our pants in fear over.

The 3 wins are almost meaningless. Wiggins didn’t play in any, Steph missed 2. Lebron missed 2 , DLo missed 1
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:01 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

The Kings were torching them all series. And they defenitley are not as physical as Memphis.

Looney looks like he plays very physical, and Draymond is a very dirty player. I’m concerned they will injure AD by game 3
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:01 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

People keep saying DG gives AD problems, and that was totally BS. He just caught a soft AD sometimes. I do worry about dirty green and his material art moves. I remember he took a very hard foul on lebron in the playin and it wasn’t even called a flagrant back then.
I think Kerr will let wiggins guard lebron and let DG be the center fielder. I am not sure Wiggins can stop Lebron. Brooks was an idiot, but the dude is very strong. They also have another issue with Reaves and Dlo. Steph and klay are not exactly all nba defense.

I agree that you need low center of gravity guys that can move their feet like Tillman and Brooks to really hinder Bron. High center of gravity guys like Andrew Wiggins and Harrison Barnes will just be moved easily by Bron
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:03 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Their best defense was hoping Sac missing shots and they did in game 7. That was the best defense for the kings too.

Sac defense is terrible for sure but Warriors letting us shoot is a good strategy for them. Sac bricking like today isn’t uncommon for us to do also.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:03 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I agree that you need low center of gravity guys that can move their feet like Tillman and Brooks to really hinder Bron. High center of gravity guys like Andrew Wiggins and Harrison Barnes will just be moved easily by Bron

It’s crazy that the grizzlies have 4 guys that can prevent lebron from backing them down in their starting lineup. bane is strong as hell. No wonder lebron had a very low average scoring series. I think we will see some big numbers from lebron kn this series
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Sac defense is terrible for sure but Warriors letting us shoot is a good strategy for them. Sac bricking like today isn’t uncommon for us to do also.

We do have some shooters now, and Sac’s best players took the shots they liked today, they just picked a bad day to go cold together.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject:

4-0

Thank you, next.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Btw…Wiggins has played good D against Lebron. Looney, Dray, Wiggins will be just as much of a problem for him this series. It’s the rest that he should be able get going against
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:12 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

It’s crazy that the grizzlies have 4 guys that can prevent lebron from backing them down in their starting lineup. bane is strong as hell. No wonder lebron had a very low average scoring series. I think we will see some big numbers from lebron kn this series

I dont know....I think Im very objective on most things and for some reason, this series does not concern me as much as I do think we are more likely than they are to advance. Ill be honest, the last time I was really concerned heading into a Lakers series where I knew in my gut that we would likely lose was the 2012 WCSF vs Thunder. That matchup was all wrong for the Lakers and with Sessions playing like a glorified spot up shooter instead of doing what he was brought in to do, the lack of athleticism I feared would kill us. 2013 vs Spurs I wasnt even really watching and 2020 and 2021 playoffs, I really believed we were the favorites to start every series.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Btw…Wiggins has played good D against Lebron. Looney, Dray, Wiggins will be just as much of a problem for him this series. It’s the rest that he should be able get going against

He did in the playin game but Bron can move Wiggins around and back him down. That I know for certain.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Go lakers
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:25 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Any Bay Area Laker fans want to go to this as a group?

I’d be interested in this
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

you guys can afford it? lol
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:31 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I’d be interested in this

Okay, post in the thread so we have it all in one place.

https://www.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=194032

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Exactly, as far as I can see Sacramento crapped the bed on offense in the second half. Curry scoring so much...good for them. Reinforces how piss poor the rest of the offense was against a bad defensive team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 2 of 71
Jump to: