*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies (04/28/23 @ 7:30 PM PT) 1st Round - Western Conference (Game #6) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
No, sorry, that's not good of Lebron to walk away like that.

So usually I would agree with you, especially given Lebron’s passive aggressive history but this time I agree with what he did because the Grizz led by Brooks passed the line.

There are things you say. The Grizz took it too far and were humbled.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that this turned out to be a 40 point win. Basketball gods are always watching.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

bertrome wrote:
Bane can play game 7 in an empty arena on Sunday.

I have a lot of respect for Desmond Bane. He’s a good player.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakesGnrLake wrote:
2019 wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
I see why Bamba doesn't get any PT....ugly game. No motor.

Bro we've been up 40. He's supposed act like his career is on the line?

When you are the only legit C getting no playing time you have to show up when you get on the court. He obviously hasn't proven anything to the coaches and him being out on the floor isn't really giving them a reason to doubt their decision.

Fair enough but tonight was a tough night to do that. His injury when we first acquired him really set him back a lot in the rotation.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:17 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
It's not classy of Lebron but hey they started the disrespect

He could also just be trying to get rehab done, he went hard tonight on that foot

Brooks called him old.

Ja been saying for years he wants to dunk on him in the most disrespectful way.

Bane actually is friends with him now after their little encounter during the Westbrook years.

Lebron with that keep that same energy vibe!

On to the next one!!!! πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œ
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lakers with absolutely dominating 125-85 win.

After trailing early, Lakers took the game over about midway in the first quarter and never looked back. The defense was swarming and gobbling up the Grizz, especially on lane attacks. Offensively, the Lakers went at the heart of the Grizz D time and again.

They decided to be the aggressor. And refs rewarded them by letting them be physical.

This is perhaps one of the most dominating close out games I've seen in awhile. Worried about a Grizz run? Never happened. In fact, Lakers won every quarter, and were so dominant, AD and LBJ didnt play the 4th. Benches emptied.

Some observations:

-AD. Defensively, his game tonight was as dominant a performance I've seen from him on D as a Laker. His game tonight on D reminded me of the closeout championship winning performanced he had v Miami, where he was literally like a combination of Ben Wallace and Kevin Garnett on D, brutalizing the Grizz and punishing them anytime they were at the hoop.

-D'lo. I have to admit, I love watching his joy when he starts going super nova...and that he did. He ran the offense, letting LBJ play off ball, and hit 5 3's

-LBJ: Vintage King performance, because in thgis game he was able to exert energy on BOTH ends. He was also a terror on D, covering lots of ground and getting into folks. Him not having to run the offense helped a ton.

-Rui...holy crap man, he actually caused Bane issues on D!

-AR...steady, he is really getting good at the curl near the FT line for that mid range shot.

-Ham kept a real short rotation with a twist. His bench guys were Rui, DS...and Wenyan. Not sure that works every game, but sure as heck was magic tonight.

Overall the team just destroyed...I mean utterly on every level destroyed...the Grizz. Demoralized them, if you will. Onto round 2 and with a nice, well earned 3 days rest.

GO LAKERS!

Last edited by DrDent on Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

2019 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
brooks out there shaking hands. give the guy a break

F that
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

Great win, Lakers! Blew out the opposition by 40! That's a statement win!

I was real down on Ham. But, he did right tonight with the lineups/rotations. Big props, and I'm happy to give him his flowers. Playing Wenyen was a good move. Better late, than never.

Sac did their job by extending their series with the Warriors. And, the Lakers are able to get some much needed rest! Looking forward to round 2! Let's go! Lakers!
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

troy wrote:
No, sorry, that's not good of Lebron to walk away like that.

Against these disrespectful chumps...zero problem with it.

They talked ish before the POs, during each game, in press conferences...point was made and it was a damn good point to make.

#BannersOverBillboards
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
brooks out there shaking hands. give the guy a break

Why? Can you imagine how much trash those guys will be talking if they won?
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:19 pm    Post subject:

This is the biggest point differential win by a seventh seed in the history of the NBA
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:20 pm    Post subject:

That was a masterpiece close out by the whole team...

DLO -
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Ever since Rob and Jeanie blessed LakerNation at the trade deadline with this amazing team we are fortunate to experience Lakers Wins on Fridays’ quite regularly!

A Lakers win on a Friday, Game 6, Round 1 of the playoffs hits differently though!! πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œ

Taking the entire family out for some froyo!!!!!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Congrats fam!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Statement game from the Lakers. Warning shot not to look at the Lakers just on their regular season record. They can compete with anybody.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If not mistaken, when DLO/LBJ m/AD played together, the lakers only lost 3 times. 1 to the clippers on back to back and 2 to Memphis
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

#8 Lakers and playin Heat sent the #1 seed home.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject:

that was an absolute a$$ whoopin' well done Lakers... they get to rest, we all LAKER NATION sleep nice tonight
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

After trailing early, Lakers took the game over about midway in the first quarter and never looked back. The defense was swarming and gobbling up the Grizz, especially on lane attacks. Offensively, the Lakers went at the heart of the Grizz D time and again.

They decided to be the aggressor. And refs rewarded them by letting them be physical.

This is perhaps one of the most dominating close out games I've seen in awhile. Worried about a Grizz run? Never happened. In fact, Lakers won every quarter, and were so dominant, AD and LBJ didnt play the 4th. Benches emptied.

Some observations:

-AD. Defensively, his game tonight was as dominant a performance I've seen from him on D as a Laker. His game tonight on D reminded me of the closeout championship winning performanced he had v Miami, where he was literally like a combination of Ben Wallace and Kevin Garnett on D, brutalizing the Grizz and punishing them anytime they were at the hoop.

-D'lo. I have to admit, I love watching his joy when he starts going super nova...and that he did. He ran the offense, letting LBJ play off ball, and hit 5 3's

-LBJ: Vintage King performance, because in thgis game he was able to exert energy on BOTH ends. He was also a terror on D, covering lots of ground and getting into folks. Him not having to run the offense helped a ton.

-AR...steady, he is really getting good at the curl near the FT line for that mid range shot.

-Ham kept a real short rotation with a twist. His bench guys were Rui, DS...and Wenyan. Not sure that works every game, but sure as heck was magic tonight.

Overall the team just destroyed...I mean utterly on every level destroyed...the Grizz. Demoralized them, if you will. Onto round 2 and with a nice, well earned 3 days rest.

GO LAKERS!

Sweet Breakdown!!! πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œ

Doc you trying to give Dancing Barry a run for his money or what??!? πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lakers and Heat #8 seeds sent the #1 seed home.

Fwiw fam

Lakers #7 grizz #2 seed

Either way both of these upsets where impressive
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
#8 Lakers and playin Heat sent the #1 seed home.

Let’s make it happen!
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Was this the 40 Brooks was talking about ?
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Some observations:

GO LAKERS!

Sweet Breakdown!!! πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œ

Doc you trying to give Dancing Barry a run for his money or what??!? πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Hah! Thanks KingKobe, that is a huge compliment =) No, no one can replace DB. There will only be one. However, you may recall back during the ring run and the following season (not last year) I often posted in the in-game threads a quick summary for folks who jump in here to view comments so they get a feel for what happened.

DB provides the vastly superior, in detail, in depth analysis. I just give a quick "through my eyes" view
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Day wrote:

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:

Why...yes it was.

I wonder if he is impressed now (good thing I'm not a reporter in the post game, I'd risk my credentials to ask that question)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 57 of 59
Jump to: