*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies (04/26/23 @4:30 PM PT) 1st Round - Western Conference (Game #5) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:42 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:
I wish you could look at the foul total at the end of games and determine if the game was called evenly or not. What a wonderful world that would be.

Unfortunately, even the national broadcasters, who typically try to avoid criticizing the officials at all costs, were commenting on multiple plays the grizzlies were getting away with. There was a hold of tillman on Lebron that didn't get called. Rui getting hit in the middle of the chest and getting called for a foul that was called "good defense" by reggie miller. Out of bounds calls that didn't go our way that were obviously Laker ball that somehow were missed. Many more that I'm sure we'll get replays on at some point.

Can't just go by foul total. It'd be even weirder if the fouls were even, wouldn't it? Both teams playing identically as far as fouls are concerned would be weird. My issue isn't in the number of fouls, but the types of contact that was called vs what wasn't called.

Grizz got back into game 4 by pulling the physical antics and wacking Laker players until the refs started cleaning it up later in the 3rd. It was as if the Grizz were testing the gray area of foul calls.

Yeah, it was a bit obvious. That play where Brooks used a forearm shiver on DLo to get the loose ball right in front of the officials, and then threw a bad pass that got intercepted but Ja fell down so he got the foul call. It was clear we were working out of two separate rule books.

As DFish said in the post game .. u have to play almost perfect defense on the road to win..which means defending without even giving the appearance of fouling when you’re on the road

This isnt our first rodeo so we know what you say is true but TBH, this was the WORST officiated game of the series and Im sure it is because the Grizz are in front of their home fans in an elimination game. Nevertheless it is extremely frustrating to watch when you KNOW you are facing 5 vs 8. Game 6 will be nowhere as blatant as this as Im sure it will be even or slightly Lakers

They should close it out Friday
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:45 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:
I wish you could look at the foul total at the end of games and determine if the game was called evenly or not. What a wonderful world that would be.

Unfortunately, even the national broadcasters, who typically try to avoid criticizing the officials at all costs, were commenting on multiple plays the grizzlies were getting away with. There was a hold of tillman on Lebron that didn't get called. Rui getting hit in the middle of the chest and getting called for a foul that was called "good defense" by reggie miller. Out of bounds calls that didn't go our way that were obviously Laker ball that somehow were missed. Many more that I'm sure we'll get replays on at some point.

Can't just go by foul total. It'd be even weirder if the fouls were even, wouldn't it? Both teams playing identically as far as fouls are concerned would be weird. My issue isn't in the number of fouls, but the types of contact that was called vs what wasn't called.

Grizz got back into game 4 by pulling the physical antics and wacking Laker players until the refs started cleaning it up later in the 3rd. It was as if the Grizz were testing the gray area of foul calls.

Yeah, it was a bit obvious. That play where Brooks used a forearm shiver on DLo to get the loose ball right in front of the officials, and then threw a bad pass that got intercepted but Ja fell down so he got the foul call. It was clear we were working out of two separate rule books.

Yep. Put another way, if 1 is breathing on someone is a foul, and a 10 is allowing old school Detroit Piston physicality, refs to me certainly call the game for Grizz (when they play D) at something like a 7; whereas for the Lakers, they are far more critical with foul calls, calling the Laker D at around a 4-5 range.

Yea I think this is fair....I think the favoritism just gets viewed more critically because we have such small margins to win against a great team at home and we did come out this game with the requisite energy and focus. Because of this, we can see the difference in calls being made for them and for us
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
We will close them out at home four games to two whenever you’re the seventh seed is not bad

Hard Order when you got HAM as your coach..smh.

It’s not Ham… they are rough at home

Grizzlies had leagues best home record. That place is hard to win at and they feed off their crowd. Conversely, they had the league's worst record on the road for a top 4 seed in either conference. It's also a close out game, which are difficult to begin with, especially for a team like the Lakers who have not really developed who they are yet.

Man yawl giving this guy excuses..but everybody just seen...down by 1..TAKES OUT AD could have put in bam or tt..anything over 6'9..but nope and they go down by 16..not 6 but 16...and not call a timeout. Can you explain that?

I have seen my some single celled brain fans in my time, but you really take the cake lEverything is the coaches fault.

Just makes you look stupid

The team Memphis was going home tonight if they didn’t win this was gonna be an extremely tough game to win since they are so good at home. Stop blaming the coach for every little thing and just give the grizzlies some credit.

Dude i dont have to call you names...the facts are ini this game..you cant rebut the arguement i keep making so you call names..lol.

I TOLD YOU..the sub of AD was dumb when your team is flowing...
I TOLD YOU he didnt call a timeout when they went on a huge run to a 16 pt
lead.....
I TOLD YOU..why keep putting in that small line up that get ran of the court everytime
I TOLD YOU..why keep putting in bease when the guy sucks all season?

Why dont you rubut those instead of calling names?..ill wait.

You cannot play Anthony Davis every minute of every game you do realize the guys injured, right?

I don’t agree with not calling a time out during the 16 point run it would’ve made a difference because we weren’t hitting shots

I don’t agree with playing Beasley

DESPITE all that, he has done a good enough job to have a winning record in this series as the seventh seed with the team that it’s barely really played together with two aging stars that are both injured

Everything that you’re complaining about would not meet have a lick of difference. Tonight we had a cold streak that lasted for too long, shooting the ball, and we fell too far behind. We were playing a team that was facing elimination and they had more energy and they were making their shots. It’s a simple as that.

The coach can’t control of that he doesn’t shoot the ball. He’s not on the floor providing energy he’s not playing defense.

Blame him for the things that he’s actually responsible for. Give him credit where it’s due so that you don’t look so much like an imbecile.

You telling me he cant call timeouts?

You really telling me that he has been seeing beasely supply NO offense not for a series but for the whole time he has been here and he cant sit him down and play Walker?

You telling me AD needs a rest and he cant put in BAM or Tristan who LBJ still should have chemistry with...he cant put those guyts in for 4-5 mins?

You telling me he not looking at the video Analiytics the LAKERS PAID A FORTUNE for that should be screaming at him that that idiot small ball line uo sucks...he cant stop doing it or make changes in it?

He cant control none of that right?

Serious question do you read responses before you actually post?

serious question can you respond to any of those questions? those things are in his power...are you saying they not?
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:48 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
We will close them out at home four games to two whenever you’re the seventh seed is not bad

Grizzlies had leagues best home record. That place is hard to win at and they feed off their crowd. Conversely, they had the league's worst record on the road for a top 4 seed in either conference. It's also a close out game, which are difficult to begin with, especially for a team like the Lakers who have not really developed who they are yet.

Man yawl giving this guy excuses..but everybody just seen...down by 1..TAKES OUT AD could have put in bam or tt..anything over 6'9..but nope and they go down by 16..not 6 but 16...and not call a timeout. Can you explain that?

I have seen my some single celled brain fans in my time, but you really take the cake lEverything is the coaches fault.

The team Memphis was going home tonight if they didn’t win this was gonna be an extremely tough game to win since they are so good at home. Stop blaming the coach for every little thing and just give the grizzlies some credit.

Dude i dont have to call you names...the facts are ini this game..you cant rebut the arguement i keep making so you call names..lol.

lead.....
I TOLD YOU..why keep putting in that small line up that get ran of the court everytime

You cannot play Anthony Davis every minute of every game you do realize the guys injured, right?

I don’t agree with not calling a time out during the 16 point run it would’ve made a difference because we weren’t hitting shots

DESPITE all that, he has done a good enough job to have a winning record in this series as the seventh seed with the team that it’s barely really played together with two aging stars that are both injured

Everything that you’re complaining about would not meet have a lick of difference. Tonight we had a cold streak that lasted for too long, shooting the ball, and we fell too far behind. We were playing a team that was facing elimination and they had more energy and they were making their shots. It’s a simple as that.

The coach can’t control of that he doesn’t shoot the ball. He’s not on the floor providing energy he’s not playing defense.

Blame him for the things that he’s actually responsible for. Give him credit where it’s due so that you don’t look so much like an imbecile.

You really telling me that he has been seeing beasely supply NO offense not for a series but for the whole time he has been here and he cant sit him down and play Walker?

You telling me AD needs a rest and he cant put in BAM or Tristan who LBJ still should have chemistry with...he cant put those guyts in for 4-5 mins?

You telling me he not looking at the video Analiytics the LAKERS PAID A FORTUNE for that should be screaming at him that that idiot small ball line uo sucks...he cant stop doing it or make changes in it?

Completely agree with you bro…it makes sense. It really is a shame you and others have to defend yourself with this crap. Even if some disagree they know you are making sense with valid logical takes. Even the announcers sometimes say what we are complaining about…doesn’t mean it’s right, we could be wrong…but what you, me, the announcers, and others are saying makes sense based on the facts of what we’re seeing and the stats associated with the failed lineups. Nobody is saying we want AD to play every minute…saying that as a defense to criticize your opinion let’s you know right there that you must have touched a nerve with common sense…that’s when nonsense rebuttals are used.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Memphis coach made a couple of defensive adjustment this game which kept Jackson around the paint which allows him to play safety most of the time.

Jackson on Vando
Tillman on Lebron
Brooks on AD
Ja on Reaves
Bane on DLo

Like I mentioned in most nights DLO/Reaves/Vando will be outscored by their match-ups. Lebron vs Jackson has been some what of a wash this series. AD has been up and down. There has not been a game when both AD and Lebron both dominated the game. Maybe game 3.

Our bench is suppose to be our advantage this series. So far those guys as a group has not performed well together. It's either one of Rui or Schro. Tonight they didn't show up.

It be interesting how Ham or the rest of coaching staff counters Grizz adjustments and physical play. Just like game 2, Lakers can't seem to match with it.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

lead.....

Completely agree with you bro…it makes sense. It really is a shame you and others have to defend yourself with this crap. Even if some disagree they know you are making sense with valid logical takes. Even the announcers sometimes say what we are complaining about…doesn’t mean it’s right, we could be wrong…but what you, me, the announcers, and others are saying makes sense based on the facts of what we’re seeing and the stats associated with the failed lineups. Nobody is saying we want AD to play every minute…saying that as a defense to criticize your opinion let’s you know right there that you must have touched a nerve with common sense…that’s when nonsense rebuttals are used.

Do you two need a room?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Sucks that we wasted an AD game but it is what it is.

If they don’t win G6, they don’t deserve 2nd round play.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:51 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

lead.....

Serious question do you read responses before you actually post?

serious question can you respond to any of those questions? those things are in his power...are you saying they not?

Once again, I say, go back and look at the response that I gave, which addressed some of what you asked, which is also once again, why I say, do you even bother to read what is posted to you
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Sucks that we wasted an AD game but it is what it is.

If they don’t win G6, they don’t deserve 2nd round play.

Memphis isn’t very good on the road
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Memphis coach made a couple of defensive adjustment this game which kept Jackson around the paint which allows him to play safety most of the time.

Jackson on Vando
Tillman on Lebron
Brooks on AD
Ja on Reaves
Bane on DLo

Like I mentioned in most nights DLO/Reaves/Vando will be outscored by their match-ups. Lebron vs Jackson has been some what of a wash this series. AD has been up and down. There has not been a game when both AD and Lebron both dominated the game. Maybe game 3.

Our bench is suppose to be our advantage this series. So far those guys as a group has not performed well together. It's either one of Rui or Schro. Tonight they didn't show up.

It be interesting how Ham or the rest of coaching staff counters Grizz adjustments and physical play. Just like game 2, Lakers can't seem to match with it.

They are a physical team. Watch what happens when the whistles are even or slightly Lakers in Game 6. We will most likely win and I cant guarantee that but one thing I will 100% guarantee is they will not outwork or outphysical us in Game 6 once the officiating is called fair
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject:

AD is going to get quintuple teamed in the next one, so its up to other guys to show up. Will we be ready? I hope so. Defensively we have to be ready to face up to their best efforts and even deal with suspect officiating.

If you're going to the game, or you know someone who is, you have to be on your A game. Lakers will need every drop of energy that the crowd can muster. Officials will need that pressure on them to make calls for the Lakers, because we saw it work well tonight.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:54 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Jackson on Vando
Tillman on Lebron
Brooks on AD
Ja on Reaves
Bane on DLo

following your reasoning Lebron only scored 15pts
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
AD is going to get quintuple teamed in the next one, so its up to other guys to show up. Will we be ready? I hope so. Defensively we have to be ready to face up to their best efforts and even deal with suspect officiating.

If you're going to the game, or you know someone who is, you have to be on your A game. Lakers will need every drop of energy that the crowd can muster. Officials will need that pressure on them to make calls for the Lakers, because we saw it work well tonight.

Whether there is or is not suspect officiating, I am confident there will be 0 agenda against the Lakers in game 6 so we just need to win.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Whether there is or is not suspect officiating, I am confident there will be 0 agenda against the Lakers in game 6 so we just need to win.

There is only one(1) player I’m concern about it & he only scored 15pts today
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:00 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Jackson on Vando
Tillman on Lebron
Brooks on AD
Ja on Reaves
Bane on DLo

Lebron had an off game today. So did the rest of our players outside of AD. Lebron is more effective when he can operate in space. If those guys are not hitting shots. It will be hard for the current Lebron to score. Specially with his 3s not falling right now. Also it will be tough for Him and the team, if the Grizz are allowed to play with that much physicality.

Last edited by miggz23 on Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:00 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:

As DFish said in the post game .. u have to play almost perfect defense on the road to win

And they played perfect defense to Ham pulled AD like a dummy. Even Barkley said the momentum had swung in las favor from the time he entered in the second to he sat in the third. Ham caused his own death there over just using timeouts and letting that team kill the griz all the way to the end of the quarter

However u need to continue the stellar defense when AD goes out

But coach if you saw the lineup be blitzed in the first half, why go back to it? Why play Beasley who hasn’t played good D or O when you have Lonnie? Why not use Thompson who is strong, Bamba who is tall, or something to help Lebron out there at the 5?

Heck why not just pull Bron in the third over AD and keep him sitting to the start of the fourth, giving him all that real time to rest? I mean if you just pull Bron over AD there you keep strangling them. AD, Denis, Rui had a an imapct of like 86.7 as a defensive trio pre game in the minutes they are out there. Let them kill and strangle them to end the quarter and keep a lid on the basket. Then let a rested Bron at least have a chance to have an offensive burst to treat water to start the fourth and give AD the 2 mins to rest there.

It is not that Pelinka didn’t give him personnel, he did. It’s that he got out subbed, our time out managed, and it showed. You’re not getting a game where you hold JJj to 2 points to the point AD sits again like that. It’s crazy to not just use your timeouts and he didn’t use all his timeouts to rest AD and keep momentum. They had a foot on their opponents neck and our own coach took it off with his choices. And it’s worse that you see he knew he let the foot off because he made AD head back to the table both times so quick and didn’t even do anything to check AD into the game and kill momentum. He just expected AD to enter and fire blanket it after the runs had already happened
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Sooo yea I just checked something and it's very eerie.

There was a certain 7 seed many years ago against a certain 2 seed, and the 7 seed was up 3-1. And we all know what happened.

In fact, in game 5, the 2 seed (to make the series 3-2) won 114-97...score eerily similar to the one tonight.

Yea, ok now, now that I just crapped my pants I'll go away for a minute or two.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:04 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Jackson on Vando
Tillman on Lebron
Brooks on AD
Ja on Reaves
Bane on DLo

Lebron had an off game today. So did the rest of our players outside of AD. Lebron is more effective when he can operate in space. If those guys are not hitting shots. It will be hard for the current Lebron to score. Specially with his 3s not falling right now. Also it will be tough for Him and the team if Grizz is continued to play with that much physicality.

Bron has to own fault too. When AD sat in the first it was a 5 point, two possession game. Bron had 5 turnovers in the first half, 4 of them without AD on the floor to compound the unit with him at 5 being bad and Beasley sucking.

But ham put him in that spot too. He pulled Reaves and Russell both in the first and he left Bron out there as the 5 on D and point on O, as he had Denis assigned to chase Bane who was hot. The last game in LA, Bron was not the point guard with the second unit on O. He had Reaves out there to handle the ball, while Denis chased a guy, Bron was a 5, Troy was a 3, and Rui a 4 …. For some reason Ham went away from that to try and get Beasley confidence
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

There was a certain 7 seed many years ago against a certain 2 seed, and the 7 seed was up 3-1. And we all know what happened.

In fact, in game 5, the 2 seed (to make the series 3-2) won 114-97...score eerily similar to the one tonight.

In 06 though, I never felt the Lakers were better than the Suns. We were playing perfect basketball to get it to 3-1 by completely slowing down the pace. We had Game 6 won as well as Kobe played magnificently and had them beaten especially once Nash missed that three when the Suns were down 3....but of course Lamar Odom and Tim Thomas happened. This year, I know the Lakers are superior to the Grizzlies. If we play our game, we will win Game 6.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:06 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

F Tim Thomas first of all … but there is no comparison between the roster Ham has and what Phil had to work with
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Jackson on Vando
Tillman on Lebron
Brooks on AD
Ja on Reaves
Bane on DLo

Lebron had an off game today. So did the rest of our players outside of AD. Lebron is more effective when he can operate in space. If those guys are not hitting shots. It will be hard for the current Lebron to score. Specially with his 3s not falling right now. Also it will be tough for Him and the team if Grizz is continued to play with that much physicality.

Bron has to own fault too. When AD sat in the first it was a 5 point, two possession game. Bron had 5 turnovers in the first half, 4 of them without AD on the floor to compound the unit with him at 5 being bad and Beasley sucking.

But ham put him in that spot too. He pulled Reaves and Russell both in the first and he left Bron out there as the 5 on D and point on O, as he had Denis assigned to chase Bane who was hot. The last game in LA, Bron was not the point guard with the second unit on O. He had Reaves out there to handle the ball, while Denis chased a guy, Bron was a 5, Troy was a 3, and Rui a 4 …. For some reason Ham went away from that to try and get Beasley confidence

plus all those settling ill advised 3pt shots by Lebron
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Well said buddy.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:08 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
DrDent wrote:

In 06 though, I never felt the Lakers were better than the Suns. We were playing perfect basketball to get it to 3-1 by completely slowing down the pace. We had Game 6 won as well as Kobe played magnificently and had them beaten especially once Nash missed that three when the Suns were down 3....but of course Lamar Odom and Tim Thomas happened. This year, I know the Lakers are superior to the Grizzlies. If we play our game, we will win Game 6.

From your type written words to the Basketball God(s)!
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

I look at us and Grizzlies and I see similar to Grizz and GSW last year. Playing out similarly and the margins in terms of how we are better is similar to GSW and MEM last year
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

eddiejonze wrote:
Theseus wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Well said buddy.

nothing new when you’re on the road
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 49 of 50
Jump to: