*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies (04/26/23 @4:30 PM PT) 1st Round - Western Conference (Game #5) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:30 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lebron 15 pts… pathetic

It must be the foot, he was scoring 38s in January with ease, and people can’t age this fast in 3 months
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Dennis 19min 0 points
Troy 12min 0 points
Beasley 11min 6 points… almost all in garbage mins

😂

Troy and Dennis at least play D, Beasley - he needs to be DNP'ed. Give those mins to Rui or Reaves.

This is where I’m at with this to
I really think Darvin ham is trying not to kill his confidence, but there Hass to come a time where you have to make a change if it’s going to help the team win a series

I understand the whole concept of floor spacing with a three point shooter but they’re just letting Beasley shoot at this point but no fear if that’s going to happen you might as well put the far athletic player like Lonnie Walker on the court

I’ve given up on Bamba playing in the series didn’t even get minutes and garbage tonight
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Dennis 19min 0 points
Troy 12min 0 points

😂

Troy and Dennis at least play D, Beasley - he needs to be DNP'ed. Give those mins to Rui or Reaves.

Rui needs more then 30mins
Give few to Lonnie
Give 3/5mins to mo bamba
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

Luke Kennard said it’s a shoulder stinger. When asked if he could have come in the game he says “maybe.”

It will be looked at further tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/drewhill_dm/status/1651412924072615937?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:31 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Luke Kennard said it’s a shoulder stinger. When asked if he could have come in the game he says “maybe.”

https://twitter.com/drewhill_dm/status/1651412924072615937?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

He will be 100% healthy for sure. Anatomy and physiology quiver in their boots compared to the unbreakable laws of playing against the Lakers
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
I wish you could look at the foul total at the end of games and determine if the game was called evenly or not. What a wonderful world that would be.

Unfortunately, even the national broadcasters, who typically try to avoid criticizing the officials at all costs, were commenting on multiple plays the grizzlies were getting away with. There was a hold of tillman on Lebron that didn't get called. Rui getting hit in the middle of the chest and getting called for a foul that was called "good defense" by reggie miller. Out of bounds calls that didn't go our way that were obviously Laker ball that somehow were missed. Many more that I'm sure we'll get replays on at some point.

Can't just go by foul total. It'd be even weirder if the fouls were even, wouldn't it? Both teams playing identically as far as fouls are concerned would be weird. My issue isn't in the number of fouls, but the types of contact that was called vs what wasn't called.

Grizz got back into game 4 by pulling the physical antics and wacking Laker players until the refs started cleaning it up later in the 3rd. It was as if the Grizz were testing the gray area of foul calls.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
We will close them out at home four games to two whenever you’re the seventh seed is not bad

Hard Order when you got HAM as your coach..smh.

It’s not Ham… they are rough at home

Grizzlies had leagues best home record. That place is hard to win at and they feed off their crowd. Conversely, they had the league's worst record on the road for a top 4 seed in either conference. It's also a close out game, which are difficult to begin with, especially for a team like the Lakers who have not really developed who they are yet.

Man yawl giving this guy excuses..but everybody just seen...down by 1..TAKES OUT AD could have put in bam or tt..anything over 6'9..but nope and they go down by 16..not 6 but 16...and not call a timeout. Can you explain that?

I have seen my some single celled brain fans in my time, but you really take the cake lEverything is the coaches fault.

Just makes you look stupid

The team Memphis was going home tonight if they didn’t win this was gonna be an extremely tough game to win since they are so good at home. Stop blaming the coach for every little thing and just give the grizzlies some credit.

Dude i dont have to call you names...the facts are ini this game..you cant rebut the arguement i keep making so you call names..lol.

I TOLD YOU..the sub of AD was dumb when your team is flowing...
I TOLD YOU he didnt call a timeout when they went on a huge run to a 16 pt
lead.....
I TOLD YOU..why keep putting in that small line up that get ran of the court everytime
I TOLD YOU..why keep putting in bease when the guy sucks all season?

Why dont you rubut those instead of calling names?..ill wait.

You cannot play Anthony Davis every minute of every game you do realize the guys injured, right?

I don’t agree with not calling a time out during the 16 point run it would’ve made a difference because we weren’t hitting shots

I don’t agree with playing Beasley

DESPITE all that, he has done a good enough job to have a winning record in this series as the seventh seed with the team that it’s barely really played together with two aging stars that are both injured

Everything that you’re complaining about would not meet have a lick of difference. Tonight we had a cold streak that lasted for too long, shooting the ball, and we fell too far behind. We were playing a team that was facing elimination and they had more energy and they were making their shots. It’s a simple as that.

The coach can’t control of that he doesn’t shoot the ball. He’s not on the floor providing energy he’s not playing defense.

Blame him for the things that he’s actually responsible for. Give him credit where it’s due so that you don’t look so much like an imbecile.

You telling me he cant call timeouts?

You really telling me that he has been seeing beasely supply NO offense not for a series but for the whole time he has been here and he cant sit him down and play Walker?

You telling me AD needs a rest and he cant put in BAM or Tristan who LBJ still should have chemistry with...he cant put those guyts in for 4-5 mins?

You telling me he not looking at the video Analiytics the LAKERS PAID A FORTUNE for that should be screaming at him that that idiot small ball line uo sucks...he cant stop doing it or make changes in it?

He cant control none of that right?
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Dennis 19min 0 points
Troy 12min 0 points

😂

I really think Darvin ham is trying not to kill his confidence, but there Hass to come a time where you have to make a change if it’s going to help the team win a series

I understand the whole concept of floor spacing with a three point shooter but they’re just letting Beasley shoot at this point but no fear if that’s going to happen you might as well put the far athletic player like Lonnie Walker on the court

I’ve given up on Bamba playing in the series didn’t even get minutes and garbage tonight

Troy on average is a good player but counting on him to make big shots SHOULD NOT happen. The guy is a soft choker who cant make big shots. It is what it is.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
We will close them out at home four games to two whenever you’re the seventh seed is not bad

Grizzlies had leagues best home record. That place is hard to win at and they feed off their crowd. Conversely, they had the league's worst record on the road for a top 4 seed in either conference. It's also a close out game, which are difficult to begin with, especially for a team like the Lakers who have not really developed who they are yet.

Man yawl giving this guy excuses..but everybody just seen...down by 1..TAKES OUT AD could have put in bam or tt..anything over 6'9..but nope and they go down by 16..not 6 but 16...and not call a timeout. Can you explain that?

I have seen my some single celled brain fans in my time, but you really take the cake lEverything is the coaches fault.

The team Memphis was going home tonight if they didn’t win this was gonna be an extremely tough game to win since they are so good at home. Stop blaming the coach for every little thing and just give the grizzlies some credit.

Dude i dont have to call you names...the facts are ini this game..you cant rebut the arguement i keep making so you call names..lol.

lead.....
I TOLD YOU..why keep putting in that small line up that get ran of the court everytime

You cannot play Anthony Davis every minute of every game you do realize the guys injured, right?

I don’t agree with not calling a time out during the 16 point run it would’ve made a difference because we weren’t hitting shots

DESPITE all that, he has done a good enough job to have a winning record in this series as the seventh seed with the team that it’s barely really played together with two aging stars that are both injured

Everything that you’re complaining about would not meet have a lick of difference. Tonight we had a cold streak that lasted for too long, shooting the ball, and we fell too far behind. We were playing a team that was facing elimination and they had more energy and they were making their shots. It’s a simple as that.

The coach can’t control of that he doesn’t shoot the ball. He’s not on the floor providing energy he’s not playing defense.

Blame him for the things that he’s actually responsible for. Give him credit where it’s due so that you don’t look so much like an imbecile.

You could play AD 40 mins if you paced your timeouts well as a coach. Phil Jackson played Kobe, Shaq, Michael, Dennis, Pau, Scottie, and role guys big minutes because as he outlined in his Sacred Hoops book he would have Hamblen and Cleamons keep track of tv stoppages and situate timeouts around them to get extended real time rest for his guys

Hame has no idea of timeout management. He finished the game with timeouts. Those same timeouts could have been used to put AD back in the game to stop that run or to start the fourth over sitting him on the table and waiting for play to stop

Anthony Davis doesn’t have the toughness of those players that you mentioned and he is playing with a lower leg injury. We’re not talking about something upper body here if Anthony Davis goes down this year‘s team is done it’s just done you cannot over play Anthony Davis unless it’s a win or go home situation, we are not in that we are up in the series and we get to play the next game at home

I realize the people get really amped up during and after the games, especially in losses, but common sense has got to creep in here somehow
The sky is not falling
The Lakers will probably close it out next game

My issue with what you are saying is if he’s going to sit AD, sit AD. He literally did not. He had him at the scorer table less than a minute after pulling him both in the third and fourth. You don’t get ad off his feet with what he did. He just looked dumb and did nothing but gave Memphis confidence and brought the crowd into a quiet game.

If you’re going to have AD benched to start the fourth don’t say at 11:12 ad go to the table, they are on a run. If you are going to pull AD in a one point game and sit him, don’t send him to the scorers table 52 seconds later and just look for minutes in both instances and not stop the clock or game with a timeout.

He ended the game with timeouts. Those timeouts could be used to sit and rest AD for 5 to 10 min stretches if he planned them with tv breaks. By holding his timeout and sending ad to the table less than a minute after pulling him both times, when did he actually rest or sit AD? He didn’t, he just made dumb calls and threw away his own momentum.

Last edited by Kblo247! on Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:33 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:
I wish you could look at the foul total at the end of games and determine if the game was called evenly or not. What a wonderful world that would be.

Unfortunately, even the national broadcasters, who typically try to avoid criticizing the officials at all costs, were commenting on multiple plays the grizzlies were getting away with. There was a hold of tillman on Lebron that didn't get called. Rui getting hit in the middle of the chest and getting called for a foul that was called "good defense" by reggie miller. Out of bounds calls that didn't go our way that were obviously Laker ball that somehow were missed. Many more that I'm sure we'll get replays on at some point.

Can't just go by foul total. It'd be even weirder if the fouls were even, wouldn't it? Both teams playing identically as far as fouls are concerned would be weird. My issue isn't in the number of fouls, but the types of contact that was called vs what wasn't called.

Grizz got back into game 4 by pulling the physical antics and wacking Laker players until the refs started cleaning it up later in the 3rd. It was as if the Grizz were testing the gray area of foul calls.

You are always a pretty even-keeled guy. Were you not getting frustrated by what was obviously biased officiating that only went away once the game was not close?

Last edited by 1995Lakers on Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
TDRock wrote:

He will be 100% healthy for sure. Anatomy and physiology quiver in their boots compared to the unbreakable laws of playing against the Lakers

miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

mad55557777 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lebron 15 pts… pathetic

It must be the foot, he was scoring 38s in January with ease, and people can’t age this fast in 3 months

Hard to score when a guy like Tillman and the rest of the Grizz are allowed to get a way with that much physicality during the game. The whole team look tired today. Once they got behind by double digits they were not playing as hard.

Our shooters will have to start hitting shots or Lebron need to find another way to score instead of hoisting 8-9 3s per game.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Yeah, it was a bit obvious. That play where Brooks used a forearm shiver on DLo to get the loose ball right in front of the officials, and then threw a bad pass that got intercepted but Ja fell down so he got the foul call. It was clear we were working out of two separate rule books.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:35 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

lead.....

You telling me he cant call timeouts?

You really telling me that he has been seeing beasely supply NO offense not for a series but for the whole time he has been here and he cant sit him down and play Walker?

You telling me AD needs a rest and he cant put in BAM or Tristan who LBJ still should have chemistry with...he cant put those guyts in for 4-5 mins?

You telling me he not looking at the video Analiytics the LAKERS PAID A FORTUNE for that should be screaming at him that that idiot small ball line uo sucks...he cant stop doing it or make changes in it?

He cant control none of that right?

Serious question do you read responses before you actually post?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:

Foul numbers are meaningless here. If the grizzlies committed 30 fouls, then they got away with 11, it is how many are called, it is how many each team got away with. Also the type of fouls on one end vs the other.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:36 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:

You are always a pretty even-keeled guy. Were you not getting frustrated by what was obviously biased officiating that only went away once the game was not close?

Oh, I am by no means disagreeing Grizz should be getting more fouls called against them. They constantly smacking guys.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Yeah, it was a bit obvious. That play where Brooks used a forearm shiver on DLo to get the loose ball right in front of the officials, and then threw a bad pass that got intercepted but Ja fell down so he got the foul call. It was clear we were working out of two separate rule books.

As DFish said in the post game .. u have to play almost perfect defense on the road to win..which means defending without even giving the appearance of fouling when you’re on the road

Last edited by JerryWest_44 on Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:

I expected this in this game. I knew it was gonna be bad what I was hoping was is that they were going to not call it both ways and allow the Lakers to also be physical.

They didn’t call it that way to things blatantly obvious
They were allowing grizzlies to undercut the Lakers whenever they shot going into the space without calling fouls
They’re moving screens are atrocious. They were literally set a screen, then move their feet to free up, especially Jha and they don’t call the foul
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:

I remember this sequence. But on the other hand, we should be encouraged because had we lost because they found their offensive game and fundamentally changed the dynamic of who was the better team, I would genuinely be worried for Game 6. But right now, I think you are like me. They lost with home cooking, we are most likely going to win Game 6 if the boys show up with the energy and hustle that they showed even in this game
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

lead.....

You could play AD 40 mins if you paced your timeouts well as a coach. Phil Jackson played Kobe, Shaq, Michael, Dennis, Pau, Scottie, and role guys big minutes because as he outlined in his Sacred Hoops book he would have Hamblen and Cleamons keep track of tv stoppages and situate timeouts around them to get extended real time rest for his guys

Hame has no idea of timeout management. He finished the game with timeouts. Those same timeouts could have been used to put AD back in the game to stop that run or to start the fourth over sitting him on the table and waiting for play to stop

Anthony Davis doesn’t have the toughness of those players that you mentioned and he is playing with a lower leg injury. We’re not talking about something upper body here if Anthony Davis goes down this year‘s team is done it’s just done you cannot over play Anthony Davis unless it’s a win or go home situation, we are not in that we are up in the series and we get to play the next game at home

I realize the people get really amped up during and after the games, especially in losses, but common sense has got to creep in here somehow
The sky is not falling
The Lakers will probably close it out next game

My issue with what you are saying is if he’s going to sit AD, sit AD. He literally did not. He had him at the scorer table less than a minute after pulling him both in the third and fourth. You don’t get ad off his feet with what he did. He just looked dumb and did nothing but gave Memphis confidence and brought the crowd into a quiet game.

If you’re going to have AD benched to start the fourth don’t say at 11:12 ad go to the table, they are on a run. If you are going to pull AD in a one point game and sit him, don’t send him to the scorers table 52 seconds later and just look for minutes in both instances and not stop the clock or game with a timeout.

He ended the game with timeouts. Those timeouts could be used to sit and rest AD for 5 to 10 min stretches if he planned them with tv breaks. By holding his timeout and sending ad to the table less than a minute after pulling him both times, when did he actually rest or sit AD? He didn’t, he just made dumb calls and threw away his own momentum.

Yup, panic mode - he knew he screwed up
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:38 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:

As DFish said in the post game .. u have to play almost perfect defense on the road to win

And they played perfect defense to Ham pulled AD like a dummy. Even Barkley said the momentum had swung in las favor from the time he entered in the second to he sat in the third. Ham caused his own death there over just using timeouts and letting that team kill the griz all the way to the end of the quarter
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Yep. Put another way, if 1 is breathing on someone is a foul, and a 10 is allowing old school Detroit Piston physicality, refs to me certainly call the game for Grizz (when they play D) at something like a 7; whereas for the Lakers, they are far more critical with foul calls, calling the Laker D at around a 4-5 range.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:

As DFish said in the post game .. u have to play almost perfect defense on the road to win

And they played perfect defense to Ham pulled AD like a dummy. Even Barkley said the momentum had swung in las favor from the time he entered in the second to he sat in the third. Ham caused his own death there over just using timeouts and letting that team kill the griz all the way to the end of the quarter

However u need to continue the stellar defense when AD goes out
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Dennis 19min 0 points
Troy 12min 0 points

😂

I hear it a lot and wonder what is up…Ham is concerned with ”Beasley’s confidence…” LW4 did a lot more for the Lakers over a longer period of time and Ham didn’t appear to give a damn about Lonnie’s confidence.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Theseus wrote:

As DFish said in the post game .. u have to play almost perfect defense on the road to win..which means defending without even giving the appearance of fouling when you’re on the road

This isnt our first rodeo so we know what you say is true but TBH, this was the WORST officiated game of the series and Im sure it is because the Grizz are in front of their home fans in an elimination game. Nevertheless it is extremely frustrating to watch when you KNOW you are facing 5 vs 8. Game 6 will be nowhere as blatant as this as Im sure it will be even or slightly Lakers
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 48 of 50
Jump to: