*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies (04/26/23 @4:30 PM PT) 1st Round - Western Conference (Game #5) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:22 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Team looks gassed...

Only Lebron looked gassed .. the rest were not energized to win
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

Reeves is fine he just banged knees with one of the players

Last edited by Polarbear on Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

JerryWest_44 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Darvin Ham: “We were told we won’t be here in the first place. So it’s no pressure. Just basketball.”

You like his mindset?

No....now that sounds idiotic.

Exactly. What he should’ve said is “fine me, but the refs were blind tonight on one side and X-ray vision on the other”

You and me agree both. In fact last time I mentioned refs was the Rockets game when I mentioned how the refs were in OUR favor TRYING to give us the win in a ROAD game.

Fouls Memphis 19 Lakers 17

Seriously dude??? Did you not watch the game when it was close???? You are seriously going to come in here and say there was no agenda???
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:23 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Darvin Ham: “We were told we won’t be here in the first place. So it’s no pressure. Just basketball.”

You like his mindset?

Exactly. What he should’ve said is “fine me, but the refs were blind tonight on one side and X-ray vision on the other”

You and me agree both. In fact last time I mentioned refs was the Rockets game when I mentioned how the refs were in OUR favor TRYING to give us the win in a ROAD game.

Seriously dude??? Did you not watch the game when it was close???? You are seriously going to come in here and say there was no agenda???

No agenda .. don’t delude yourself. The Lakers defense was horrid
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:23 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Team looks gassed...

Dude you are blind. They DID come out with energy but the refs were preventing us from getting a good cushion and then we got hit by that big run. This was different than Game 2
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Taking a step back, beating a team like MEM three straight times was always going to be a super tall order

We should have expected this L, but it's super frustrating when you know every game it's just a matter of surviving the Ham small ball lineup with AD out. It's almost like if we don't have a lead when he goes to that, game over.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

JerryWest_44 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

You like his mindset?

They were calling make up calls at the end of the game to make it more. Even the refs were really bad in this game.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
We will close them out at home four games to two whenever you’re the seventh seed is not bad

Hard Order when you got HAM as your coach..smh.

It’s not Ham… they are rough at home

Grizzlies had leagues best home record. That place is hard to win at and they feed off their crowd. Conversely, they had the league's worst record on the road for a top 4 seed in either conference. It's also a close out game, which are difficult to begin with, especially for a team like the Lakers who have not really developed who they are yet.

Man yawl giving this guy excuses..but everybody just seen...down by 1..TAKES OUT AD could have put in bam or tt..anything over 6'9..but nope and they go down by 16..not 6 but 16...and not call a timeout. Can you explain that?

I have seen my some single celled brain fans in my time, but you really take the cake lEverything is the coaches fault.

Just makes you look stupid

The team Memphis was going home tonight if they didn’t win this was gonna be an extremely tough game to win since they are so good at home. Stop blaming the coach for every little thing and just give the grizzlies some credit.

Dude i dont have to call you names...the facts are ini this game..you cant rebut the arguement i keep making so you call names..lol.

I TOLD YOU..the sub of AD was dumb when your team is flowing...
I TOLD YOU he didnt call a timeout when they went on a huge run to a 16 pt
lead.....
I TOLD YOU..why keep putting in that small line up that get ran of the court everytime
I TOLD YOU..why keep putting in bease when the guy sucks all season?

Why dont you rubut those instead of calling names?..ill wait.

You cannot play Anthony Davis every minute of every game you do realize the guys injured, right?

I don’t agree with not calling a time out during the 16 point run it would’ve made a difference because we weren’t hitting shots

I don’t agree with playing Beasley

DESPITE all that, he has done a good enough job to have a winning record in this series as the seventh seed with the team that it’s barely really played together with two aging stars that are both injured

Everything that you’re complaining about would not meet have a lick of difference. Tonight we had a cold streak that lasted for too long, shooting the ball, and we fell too far behind. We were playing a team that was facing elimination and they had more energy and they were making their shots. It’s a simple as that.

The coach can’t control of that he doesn’t shoot the ball. He’s not on the floor providing energy he’s not playing defense.

Blame him for the things that he’s actually responsible for. Give him credit where it’s due so that you don’t look so much like an imbecile.

You could play AD 40 mins if you paced your timeouts well as a coach. Phil Jackson played Kobe, Shaq, Michael, Dennis, Pau, Scottie, and role guys big minutes because as he outlined in his Sacred Hoops book he would have Hamblen and Cleamons keep track of tv stoppages and situate timeouts around them to get extended real time rest for his guys

Hame has no idea of timeout management. He finished the game with timeouts. Those same timeouts could have been used to put AD back in the game to stop that run or to start the fourth over sitting him on the table and waiting for play to stop
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

JerryWest_44 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

You like his mindset?

No agenda .. don’t delude yourself. The Lakers defense was horrid

No dont delude yourself. YOU are the only one who cant see the biased officiating today.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

Dennis 19min 0 points
Troy 12min 0 points
Beasley 11min 6 points… almost all in garbage mins

😂
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:25 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Taking a step back, beating a team like MEM three straight times was always going to be a super tall order

We should have expected this L, but it's super frustrating when you know every game it's just a matter of surviving the Ham small ball lineup with AD out. It's almost like if we don't have a lead when he goes to that, game over.

It's a fundamental roster limitation.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

JerryWest_44 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Team looks gassed...

Well the team shot the ball today like they had no legs...
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

Is anyone going to blame the loss on the players and not blame the refs or Ham…?
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

levon wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
levon wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
levon wrote:
Really, really wish we had gotten Plumlee instead of Bamba.

There is nothing wrong with Bamba

Ham just isn’t playing him and he wouldn’t play pumlee either

I don’t know why I can’t explain it

Plumlee's a way better player, and it only took 1 distant second. Wondering if there's bad blood with Kupchak or something.

MJ ain’t buying pat bev out

I'd have sent 2 seconds and a little cash. The difference in salary was like 3 million. That's a fine price to pay for an extra second.

Bamba was a heat check. Tried to get a shooting 5 for Ham, disregarding that he's unplayable in serious games.

Once upon a time with Ham, Rui was unplayable and TBryant was unplayable. I don’t think they were unplayable and their subsequent play proved it. Among other reason but mainly because of that, I don’t think neither Mo nor LW4 are unplayable either.

I think it’s more likely based on what we’ve seen that Ham wouldn’t play Plumlee either and we’d be complaint about that too.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:26 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

You like his mindset?

This is what people said when we had Westbrook, and Bev was our starting 2. And they were right. We were 13th. When we traded for DLO, and added length/athleticism with Vandy/Rui, a lot of that changed. Even someone like Barkley said he thought the Lakers would be good.

So not sure what this is reference to, because the Lakers are not seen as this cindarella story, they were a huge fail with Westbrook, and now without WB are exactly where they should have been all along. I mean the team has AD and Lebron, DLO, that alone is 3 players that have made all-star teams, and 2 of them are considered superstars. You have depth with Reaves, Vandy, Rui etc. This is not some crap 13th seed that made the playoffs through the play ins.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Dennis 19min 0 points
Troy 12min 0 points

😂

Dennis is the only disappointing. Troy I dont expect anything from him but good defense because he is a soft choker who cant make anything when big shots are needed. Beasley is just freaking Beasley
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
We will close them out at home four games to two whenever you’re the seventh seed is not bad

Grizzlies had leagues best home record. That place is hard to win at and they feed off their crowd. Conversely, they had the league's worst record on the road for a top 4 seed in either conference. It's also a close out game, which are difficult to begin with, especially for a team like the Lakers who have not really developed who they are yet.

Man yawl giving this guy excuses..but everybody just seen...down by 1..TAKES OUT AD could have put in bam or tt..anything over 6'9..but nope and they go down by 16..not 6 but 16...and not call a timeout. Can you explain that?

Ham indeed does do idiotic things (Vog did too). I've been as outspoken as any about the lack of size when AD sits.

We will not know how things would have gone had your proposed actions taken place; however, none of that retracts from the facts and general statements I previously issued about the Grizzlies home record and difficulty of close out games. They are what they are.

I agree close out games are tough but you could just use your timeouts as a coach to not pull the lineup that walked the whole lead down from the second to the third. Phil frequently used his timeouts as stoppages with tv breaks for added rests without pulling his guys.

Ham gave them momentum. Okay we didn’t hit shots, but they weren’t seeing anything going in at all, and he opened the Red Sea with his own choice. And he saw he f’d up with sending AD to the scorers table less than a minute later. And then he just sat there as coach and didn’t use a timeout to put AD in the game. He waited for play to stop. That was stupid. He repeated it in the fourth where AD sat at the table form 11 mins to 9 until there was a stoppage and ham just sat there hoarding timeouts with the res sea gate opened that he let open for the third time in the game.

The man chose to wipe out everything AD did out there defensively by his own coaching and sub choices. He also didn’t use his timeouts right. It’s a coach loss, no matter how anyone shot because they played good enough defense to he decided to leave Bron at 5 with Ja and JJJ out there. That was a personal choice.

None of these critiques are - standing alone - unfair. In fact, further bolstering your position is in a double digit loss AD was a +6...all going back to size. I've gone on record saying the lack of size behind AD (as in staff not using it, for whatever reason) will likely end this team's season.

I hear all of that and you (and many others) are pissed at the L, and this looks like one of the key contributors to the L, the coaching decision(s).

In that place, just remember:
-you still need to rest AD;
-You also still are playing in a massively hostile environment;
-Grizzlies feed off that arena like a blood sucking vampire

My point being, I do not believe it is any one thing. I think all of it contributed.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

Lebron 15 pts… pathetic
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Dennis 19min 0 points
Troy 12min 0 points

😂

Troy and Dennis at least play D, Beasley - he needs to be DNP'ed. Give those mins to Rui or Reaves.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I have seen my some single celled brain fans in my time, but you really take the cake lEverything is the coaches fault.

Just makes you look stupid

The team Memphis was going home tonight if they didn’t win this was gonna be an extremely tough game to win since they are so good at home. Stop blaming the coach for every little thing and just give the grizzlies some credit.

Dude i dont have to call you names...the facts are ini this game..you cant rebut the arguement i keep making so you call names..lol.

I TOLD YOU..the sub of AD was dumb when your team is flowing...
I TOLD YOU he didnt call a timeout when they went on a huge run to a 16 pt
lead.....
I TOLD YOU..why keep putting in that small line up that get ran of the court everytime
I TOLD YOU..why keep putting in bease when the guy sucks all season?

Why dont you rubut those instead of calling names?..ill wait.

You cannot play Anthony Davis every minute of every game you do realize the guys injured, right?

I don’t agree with not calling a time out during the 16 point run it would’ve made a difference because we weren’t hitting shots

I don’t agree with playing Beasley

DESPITE all that, he has done a good enough job to have a winning record in this series as the seventh seed with the team that it’s barely really played together with two aging stars that are both injured

Everything that you’re complaining about would not meet have a lick of difference. Tonight we had a cold streak that lasted for too long, shooting the ball, and we fell too far behind. We were playing a team that was facing elimination and they had more energy and they were making their shots. It’s a simple as that.

The coach can’t control of that he doesn’t shoot the ball. He’s not on the floor providing energy he’s not playing defense.

Blame him for the things that he’s actually responsible for. Give him credit where it’s due so that you don’t look so much like an imbecile.

You could play AD 40 mins if you paced your timeouts well as a coach. Phil Jackson played Kobe, Shaq, Michael, Dennis, Pau, Scottie, and role guys big minutes because as he outlined in his Sacred Hoops book he would have Hamblen and Cleamons keep track of tv stoppages and situate timeouts around them to get extended real time rest for his guys

Hame has no idea of timeout management. He finished the game with timeouts. Those same timeouts could have been used to put AD back in the game to stop that run or to start the fourth over sitting him on the table and waiting for play to stop

Anthony Davis doesn’t have the toughness of those players that you mentioned and he is playing with a lower leg injury. We’re not talking about something upper body here if Anthony Davis goes down this year‘s team is done it’s just done you cannot over play Anthony Davis unless it’s a win or go home situation, we are not in that we are up in the series and we get to play the next game at home

I realize the people get really amped up during and after the games, especially in losses, but common sense has got to creep in here somehow
The sky is not falling
The Lakers will probably close it out next game
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Dennis 19min 0 points
Troy 12min 0 points

😂

Our coach had the idea to put Denis on Bane in the second when he was hot. Ha goes 1-8 against him in the fourth and ot and you say no Troy Brown you got Ja, Dennis go get Bane. He gave up height and weight in that matchup and it’s an ineffective way to use resources when you can out Vando on Bane and let Denis hound Ja.

He went to Beasley to end the first, the middle of the second, and to start the fourth. That (bleep) was awful.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lebron 15 pts… pathetic

He emptied the tank in that last OT game.

Unfortunately now the next game is only off 1 day rest, he will need to dig deep for game 6.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Is anyone going to blame the loss on the players and not blame the refs or Ham…?

What for missing shots and being demoralized when they got hit with a big run???? Missing shots happen and they did play with energy from the opening tip. They fought back and should have held at least a 10 point lead with decent/even officiating even if that big run happens.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:29 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lebron 15 pts… pathetic

He emptied the tank in that last OT game.

Unfortunately now the next game is only off 1 day rest, he will need to dig deep for game 6.

otherwise the points have to come elsewhere
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I wish you could look at the foul total at the end of games and determine if the game was called evenly or not. What a wonderful world that would be.

Unfortunately, even the national broadcasters, who typically try to avoid criticizing the officials at all costs, were commenting on multiple plays the grizzlies were getting away with. There was a hold of tillman on Lebron that didn't get called. Rui getting hit in the middle of the chest and getting called for a foul that was called "good defense" by reggie miller. Out of bounds calls that didn't go our way that were obviously Laker ball that somehow were missed. Many more that I'm sure we'll get replays on at some point.

Can't just go by foul total. It'd be even weirder if the fouls were even, wouldn't it? Both teams playing identically as far as fouls are concerned would be weird. My issue isn't in the number of fouls, but the types of contact that was called vs what wasn't called.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 47 of 50
Jump to: