*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies (04/22/23 @ 7:00 PM PT) 1st Round - Western Conference (Game #3) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:
Some people here are complaining about a 10-point win. Haha

There have been some posters, who have literally said them self up in a position where they need material to be able to complain about the head coach

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

I don’t think so. Ham has done some things well, some adjustments bad too. I think people forget he’s a Bud disciple. He’s not Phil who can make a call on the fly. Bud has many of his faults, hard headed subs, lack on in game changes, and even giving up 3s as no one in the playoffs gave up more threes than the bucks when they won it all. He’s not going to change his approach as quick as some people remember a Phil . He’s not going to work the refs over in the media like Phil would to protect his stars. I think he’s getting judged a lot based off Phil tbh more so than the coaching tree he came from

Hell Phil was criticized and judged by Riley because his style wasn’t showtime enough lol

Darvin isn’t doing it perfect dude we really expect him to is a rookie head coach? I didn’t.
But to blame everything on him is just stupid

I think the number of folks who just blame him are nominal. Most posters here I think question decisions made, as they did with Vogel before and those before him.

One thing Ham is *typically* better at than Vog is going to a hot hand; Vog just auto rotated way many times. With that said, Vog was much more strategic at having defensive changes to flip momentum. But, Vog also many years more experience as a HC, so your rookie coach point is certainly valid and on point.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
[Darvin isn’t doing it perfect dude we really expect him to is a rookie head coach? I didn’t.

This.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DrDent wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DrDent wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
45 points, 13 assists, and 9 rebounds is one of the most impressive playoff statlines ever.

Ja went off big time, no thanks to coach keeping single coverage. With that said, team did what it needed to do, got the W. If we are being objective, certainly things to pick at. But in the end, fellas up 2-1. Hopefully they can take game 4.

Great strategy. Let Ja get his, stop everybody else.

Yea, not sure I agree there. Dude single handedly drove that lead down to 10 by himself that fourth.

I get the strategy at a 50k foot level, but I'm not a fan of it when a guy starts going nuclear. Perhaps Lakers woulda changed it up had he got them within 6 or 4.

Maybe the Lakers took their foot off the gas. I didn't see most of the game. I was watching the Davis vs Garcia fight. Tank KOd Garcia. When I turned the game on the Lakers were up 20. I got the impression they got complacent.

Yea, depends on the poster. The way I saw it was Ja literally just got into a zone and was becoming unguardable by any 1 player. Others have pointed out other potential issues, eg complacency or even moving screens.

With that said, heck man, we WON =) (well, they won). So, that is vastly more important than our critiques!
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

There have been some posters, who have literally said them self up in a position where they need material to be able to complain about the head coach

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

I don’t think so. Ham has done some things well, some adjustments bad too. I think people forget he’s a Bud disciple. He’s not Phil who can make a call on the fly. Bud has many of his faults, hard headed subs, lack on in game changes, and even giving up 3s as no one in the playoffs gave up more threes than the bucks when they won it all. He’s not going to change his approach as quick as some people remember a Phil . He’s not going to work the refs over in the media like Phil would to protect his stars. I think he’s getting judged a lot based off Phil tbh more so than the coaching tree he came from

Hell Phil was criticized and judged by Riley because his style wasn’t showtime enough lol

Darvin isn’t doing it perfect dude we really expect him to is a rookie head coach? I didn’t.

It’s silly and it isn’t. Pat Riley was a rookie head coach and what happened? Phil was a rookie head coach and what happened?

I mean a lot of the criticism Ham I’d eating is what Bud ate for years and years to be won and why people were asking if Giannis would leave. Outside the lakers bubble, you will see Ham coaches like who he learned form, Bud

Ham can do certain things to fix problems but doesn’t. You can say the players or Rob need to do this or that, but Rob gave him Gabriel and Bamba so he wouldn’t be playing Bron at 5 when AD sat and bleed leads. Certain things like playing Denis Reaves Russell Bron AD a minute together before tonight is totally controllable by Ham.

I’m not going to blame Ham for when the lakers miss open 3s, that ain’t on him. But I will blame him when he sits Russell 20 mins each half and then plays Bradley in his place and Beasley gives him nothing. I will blame him when he doesn’t come up with something for Vando to do so Ja or JJJ can’t sit in the paint on AD as a helper because he’s not scoring. He has work to do
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:19 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
I swear to God, Dillon Brooks looks like porky the pig

He's a disrespectful @$$. Sick of him.

Love how Lebron never paid him any attention (before getting clubbed in the jewels) and continued displaying his discipline.

grizzlies will try to use Brooks’ ejection amongst other things to fuel their fire for game 4
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:22 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Love how Lebron never paid him any attention (before getting clubbed in the jewels) and continued displaying his discipline.

grizzlies will try to use Brooks’ ejection amongst other things to fuel their fire for game 4

gonna be a tough game. grizz know a 3-1 deficit is an issue
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:22 pm    Post subject:

If there is a game 6, is it really a back to back?!
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject:

BigJosh951 wrote:
Luis5150 wrote:
shouldn't have been this close!!! Yeah a win is a win... but Memphis is feeling pretty good about their game 4 chances

We won by 10 at home and barely tried in the 4th. lol I swear some people just live to complain. We are a 7th seed. Had to struggle to win a play in game to get there. And fans STILL act like this. It is unreal.

Bro...that wasn't a complain so chill!! the fact is... the Lakers were stomping on them and the way the second half went (take a close look .... comprende!!) Gives Memphis plenty of reason to feel good about game 4. You obviously don't comprehend how momentum swings on a playoff series. Geesh!!
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

It’s silly and it isn’t. Pat Riley was a rookie head coach and what happened? Phil was a rookie head coach and what happened?

I mean a lot of the criticism Ham I’d eating is what Bud ate for years and years to be won and why people were asking if Giannis would leave. Outside the lakers bubble, you will see Ham coaches like who he learned form, Bud

Ham can do certain things to fix problems but doesn’t. You can say the players or Rob need to do this or that, but Rob gave him Gabriel and Bamba so he wouldn’t be playing Bron at 5 when AD sat and bleed leads. Certain things like playing Denis Reaves Russell Bron AD a minute together before tonight is totally controllable by Ham.

I’m not going to blame Ham for when the lakers miss open 3s, that ain’t on him. But I will blame him when he sits Russell 20 mins each half and then plays Bradley in his place and Beasley gives him nothing. I will blame him when he doesn’t come up with something for Vando to do so Ja or JJJ can’t sit in the paint on AD as a helper because he’s not scoring. He has work to do

The two coaches that you mention are Hall of Fame coaches

There is a lot of room in between being a crappy coach and being a Hall of Fame coach
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:

No that was my fault. Google told me it was back to back which wasn't true. Should have checked the NBA site
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

rock0100 wrote:

no back to backs
we play 24th, 26th, 28th, 30th
so, every other day for the rest of the Grizz series
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

Don’t act like you don’t understand what the poster meant. You saw what we saw. Yea, happy for the win, I’ll take it, sometimes you have to just take a win and be happy, other times there are issues that should be addressed so it doesn’t come back to bite you later. Glad to see the dominant 1st quarter and glad we rode that to victory, would like to see stronger closings based on the terror in closing games this season.

The LBJ/Rui front court gets outscored/outplayed continually and this would have been an opportunity to try a Mo/Gabriel or Mo/Rui or at least a Gabriel/LBJ front court up 20 when AD sat, instead Ham went back to LBJ/Rui and needed the Reaves put back and 3 plus a Dlo 3 to keep us from having a heart attack the way Ja was scoring at ease. We know that is what the op meant…not just complaining for the sake of it and we all saw the same thing.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Luis5150 wrote:
BigJosh951 wrote:
Luis5150 wrote:
shouldn't have been this close!!! Yeah a win is a win... but Memphis is feeling pretty good about their game 4 chances

We won by 10 at home and barely tried in the 4th. lol I swear some people just live to complain. We are a 7th seed. Had to struggle to win a play in game to get there. And fans STILL act like this. It is unreal.

Bro...that wasn't a complain so chill!! the fact is... the Lakers were stomping on them and the way the second half went (take a close look .... comprende!!) Gives Memphis plenty of reason to feel good about game 4. You obviously don't comprehend how momentum swings on a playoff series. Geesh!!

Don’t stress. The way the game ended also should keep the Lakers focused. At least they have a full quarter of film showing what NOT to do when guarding Ja.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

Luis5150 wrote:
BigJosh951 wrote:
Luis5150 wrote:

When I look at stuff like this, I look at other games around league and how those games are also played you’re just not seeing a lot of blowouts in the playoffs by the time that final box score rolls around it’s close

I don’t hold the Lakers to any higher standard than any of the other NBA teams whenever it comes to this much less the fact that they are a seventh seed going against the second seed

Memphis was never close in this game. They never got the game below double digits.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

Kblo247! wrote:
DrDent wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
45 points, 13 assists, and 9 rebounds is one of the most impressive playoff statlines ever.

Ja went off big time, no thanks to coach keeping single coverage. With that said, team did what it needed to do, got the W. If we are being objective, certainly things to pick at. But in the end, fellas up 2-1. Hopefully they can take game 4.

He went with Ja can beat me with the 3, and he tried to lol. Ja was getting treated like he was Dillon Brooks on his 3s and he hit them

Ja is a 30% 3pt shooter!! That's the correct call. YOU DON'T WANT DESMOND BANE GETTING HOT FROM 3 who is one the best 3 pt shooter in the playoffs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Brooks went overboard. He hit Bron on purpose. He didn't go after the ball when Bron went down.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

P.K. wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

no back to backs

Ok. ESPN shows 24, 26, 27, 30.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

There is a lot of room in between being a crappy coach and being a Hall of Fame coach

Bron and AD are judged by GLOAT standards …that’s Kobe, Shaq, Kareem, Magic, Worthy

Ham is unfortunately judged by GLCOAT standards .. that’s Pat and Phil
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

Don’t act like you don’t understand what the poster meant. You saw what we saw. Yea, happy for the win, I’ll take it, sometimes you have to just take a win and be happy, other times there are issues that should be addressed so it doesn’t come back to bite you later. Glad to see the dominant 1st quarter and glad we rode that to victory, would like to see stronger closings based on the terror in closing games this season.

The LBJ/Rui front court gets outscored/outplayed continually and this would have been an opportunity to try a Mo/Gabriel or Mo/Rui or at least a Gabriel/Rui front court up 20 when AD sat, instead Ham went back to LBJ/Rui and needed the Reaves put back and 3 plus a Dlo 3 to keep us from having a heart attack the way Ja was scoring at ease. We know that is what the op meant…not just complaining for the sake of it and we all saw the same thing.

I saw exactly what he saw. There’s a difference between critiques of the coach well critiquing the team as a whole, then just being willfully, ignorant, and blaming it all on the coach that’s what he’s doing

And I am going to continue to call it out as long as it keeps happening
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
DrDent wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

He went with Ja can beat me with the 3, and he tried to lol. Ja was getting treated like he was Dillon Brooks on his 3s and he hit them

Ja is a 30% 3pt shooter!! That's the correct call. YOU DON'T WANT DESMOND BANE GETTING HOT FROM 3 who is one the best 3 pt shooter in the playoffs.

Didn’t say it was wrong going in, but he has to adjust if he makes them too while not compromising the coverage on Bane.

This happened in the Portland game too after the trade. He made no coverage adjustment on dame and we got killed
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

no back to backs

Yeah that's the same mistake I made. I have to make sure to double check the NBA site because some other ones are just showing wrong information:

https://www.nba.com/lakers/schedule
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

gonna be a tough game. grizz know a 3-1 deficit is an issue

We can definitely expect for Memphis to come out in the next game, much hotter, and the Lakers are going to have to weather that storm. Memphis is not going to quit.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:31 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

No that was my fault. Google told me it was back to back which wasn't true. Should have checked the NBA site

ESPN shows back to back. Probably a typo.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:32 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

no back to backs

Yeah that's the same mistake I made. I have to make sure to double check the NBA site because some other ones are just showing wrong information:

https://www.nba.com/lakers/schedule

Thanks for the link!

Have a great night team! Let’s hope for a win on Monday.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

Bron and AD are judged by GLOAT standards …that’s Kobe, Shaq, Kareem, Magic, Worthy

Ham is unfortunately judged by GLCOAT standards .. that’s Pat and Phil

A little unfair don’t you think I don’t think that’s fair

I have no problem, saying that we have a rookie head coach that is making some mistakes here and there, but is showing good team motivation that he’s gotten his team from no chance at the playoffs to the seventh seed and is now up to the one in the series against the second seeded team

We can do that we can critique him while still giving him praise the ultimate goal here besides trying to win a championship this year is to go into next year with the same players, and a head coach with some seasoning
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 53 of 55
Jump to: