*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies (04/22/23 @ 7:00 PM PT) 1st Round - Western Conference (Game #3) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:13 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
And Vando needs to be benched if he gets scared to shoot and finish. If he’s not doing that he’s essentially getting AD or Bron doubled ever play down in the post

If Ja isn’t playing, then there’s no reason to have Vando in the starting unit.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
I'm guessing we lose this one but win next one with Morant coming back. I think Morant makes the Griz worse defensively.

Yeah, agreed. They seem better without him.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:45 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:58 am    Post subject:

If we see minutes from Bron, Beasley and Brown as a unit again, Darvin will have some questions to answer.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:35 am    Post subject:

Ja (Video)

🎥 https://twitter.com/drewhill_dm/status/1649840522016722944?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:23 am    Post subject:

I've been pleading for this team to show some killer instinct. We SHOULD come out with a chip on our shoulder and bury these guys in the 1st Q. But history tells me we will probably come out low energy and get hit in the mouth and be down by 4 after 1.

I really wish we had more aggressive leaders on this team.

Sean Mcvay (Rams coach) has a saying that I like is that he looks for players that will "be at their best when their best is required"

So far only Rui has stepped up in both games. Lebron has been ok, and AD played like a kitty cat in game 2. Everyone else has just been OK.

Let's see who's what today.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:41 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Ja (Video)

🎥 https://twitter.com/drewhill_dm/status/1649840522016722944?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

I hope he plays, but I’m thinking Memphis is going to milk it “with his best interest in mind” because they know at least for this matchup they are better without him. Morant is needed for them to make a deep run, but him playing allows the Lakers to scheme better on defense.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:16 pm    Post subject:

I think the biggest mistake Ham is making is going under the radar.

I think Malik Beasley/Troy Brown Jr getting minutes over Lonnie Walker IV is Ham's current mistake.

Lonnie Walker IV was our 3rd best player up until the trade deadline and was giving us some fantastic games and had also proven himself as a three point shooter they couldn't just leave open whom was also capable of getting his own shot.

Malik Beasley is ONLY a three point shooter and is useless at anything else. If his shot isn't on he offers nothing to your team.

Malik Beasley has been a no-show so far this series. NOW is the time you cut his minutes down and give them to Lonnie whom is without question the better player. May it be a hit to Beasley's confidence? Maybe but it may also kick his butt into gear because he and Troy Brown are more or less just floating out there.

Cut their minutes, give them to Lonnie so that he can go out there and show why he was our third best player this season before the trades happened.

You've gotta put your best foot forward and right now Malik and Troy getting minutes over Lonnie isn't our best foot, if anything we're doing Memphis a favor by keeping Lonnie on the bench and continuing to play Malik and Troy without any punishment for their inability to show up this series. I'd rather their confidence take a small hit and force them to have to step their game up to get their minutes back, while we advance to the next round with a player that already plays at the level we keep waiting for Beasley and Brown to play at.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:30 pm    Post subject:

WE CANNOT LOSE THIS
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Good feeling bamba gets minutes today and won’t be because it’s garbage time
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
If we see minutes from Bron, Beasley and Brown as a unit again, Darvin will have some questions to answer.

He'll do something like swap Lonnie for TB Jr instead
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:17 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I think Malik Beasley/Troy Brown Jr getting minutes over Lonnie Walker IV is Ham's current mistake.

Lonnie Walker IV was our 3rd best player up until the trade deadline and was giving us some fantastic games and had also proven himself as a three point shooter they couldn't just leave open whom was also capable of getting his own shot.

Malik Beasley is ONLY a three point shooter and is useless at anything else. If his shot isn't on he offers nothing to your team.

Malik Beasley has been a no-show so far this series. NOW is the time you cut his minutes down and give them to Lonnie whom is without question the better player. May it be a hit to Beasley's confidence? Maybe but it may also kick his butt into gear because he and Troy Brown are more or less just floating out there.

Cut their minutes, give them to Lonnie so that he can go out there and show why he was our third best player this season before the trades happened.

You've gotta put your best foot forward and right now Malik and Troy getting minutes over Lonnie isn't our best foot, if anything we're doing Memphis a favor by keeping Lonnie on the bench and continuing to play Malik and Troy without any punishment for their inability to show up this series. I'd rather their confidence take a small hit and force them to have to step their game up to get their minutes back, while we advance to the next round with a player that already plays at the level we keep waiting for Beasley and Brown to play at.

Agreed! There has been a lot of talk about helping Beasley’s confidence, giving him a chance to get out of his slump, and expectations that he would play better without considering any of that for Lonnie Walker and Lonnie played better than Beasley for about the same or longer period of time than the time Beasley has struggled.

Basically, Beasley has been struggling for about two months and LW4 spent two months on fire in Nov/Dec. I felt from the beginning that was a mistake. LW4 played too well for the Lakers to get DNPs after returning from injury, especially with Beasley’s consistent struggles.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:26 pm    Post subject:

this wont be close. Poor grizz.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Man, this feels like the 2002 Sacramento series in terms of grudges and what’s at stake…
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:34 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Malik was actually pretty efficient with the shooting last game. Neither him or Lonnie walker play a lick of defense.

I think that ham’s biggest mistake is playing LeBron at the four and then moving him to the five when Ruby comes in instead of giving him legitimate rest he is so gassed by the time these games are over that he’s committing horrible turnovers

I know it’s LeBron, but I think we got to protect him a little bit whenever Anthony Davis goes out for his arrest play Wenyen, Gabriel, or Bamba
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Man, this feels like the 2002 Sacramento series in terms of grudges and what’s at stake…

What grudges? What's at stake? lol
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

no answer, he's just plainly stupid. lol

so you ok with rui as backup c?

another breakout game for tillman then.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:05 pm    Post subject:

this is a win for grizz if ham insisted on using Rui/Bron at C, no way they can guard jjj and tillman.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

2 three point shooters and LeBron

If the three point shooters are hitting their shots, no questions will be asked
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:38 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
this is a win for grizz if ham insisted on using Rui/Bron at C, no way they can guard jjj and tillman.

I also am not understanding that lineup
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:40 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

We won with that lineup in game one

My question is that lineup just kind of came out of nowhere. We didn’t use it all the way through the regular season, so what caused it?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Ja Morant remains a “game-time decision,” via Taylor Jenkins. No update just yet.

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1649934873199783936?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

On that note I'm off the Crypto

Let's Go Lakers!
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

We won with that lineup in game one

My question is that lineup just kind of came out of nowhere. We didn’t use it all the way through the regular season, so what caused it?

yeah with rui getting hot. so we need rui to hit consecutive shots again to counter their lack of paint defense, and I dont think rui can do that for 4 games. so no way we win 4 games with that backup lineup.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

2 three point shooters and LeBron

If the three point shooters are hitting their shots, no questions will be asked

so make or break and pray that those scrubs hit their shots? Not a good coaching
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:53 pm    Post subject:

instead of

Bron
Rui
DS
TBJ
Beasley

why not
Bron
Rui
Bamba/TT(They dont have a choice, jjj and freaking tillman scoring at ease)
DS
Reaves

?

just need to stagger, sub bron and AR early then put them back when AD and DLo rest. It's simple. Dont know why ham cant get it.

Or like what people here said. Rest AD when JJJ rest then bring him in when JJJ playing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 3 of 55
Jump to: