*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies (04/22/23 @ 7:00 PM PT) 1st Round - Western Conference (Game #3) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Some people here are complaining about a 10-point win. Haha
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

jodeke wrote:
DrDent wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
45 points, 13 assists, and 9 rebounds is one of the most impressive playoff statlines ever.

Ja went off big time, no thanks to coach keeping single coverage. With that said, team did what it needed to do, got the W. If we are being objective, certainly things to pick at. But in the end, fellas up 2-1. Hopefully they can take game 4.

Great strategy. Let Ja get his, stop everybody else.

Yea, not sure I agree there. Dude single handedly drove that lead down to 10 by himself that fourth.

I get the strategy at a 50k foot level, but I'm not a fan of it when a guy starts going nuclear. Perhaps Lakers woulda changed it up had he got them within 6 or 4.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

DrDent wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Luis5150 wrote:
shouldn't have been this close!!! Yeah a win is a win... but Memphis is feeling pretty good about their game 4 chances

They should feel good about a double digit loss in the playoffs?

If I'm them, the spin I put is "we started cold, massively cold, were down 35-9 after 1, but then outscored Lakers 92-76 rest of way."

I prefer the W of course, but yea, if we are being objective, fellas and coaching decisions have some cleaning up IMO

But the coaching never learns..smh. Thats the whole problem...Bease and DLo next game prob going to get 30mins next game..smh. I wouldnt even be shocked he makes AR the center and bease the forward next game...smh.

Yea...when up by 20 early in 4th and AD sitting I am absolutely perplexed why neither Wenyan nor Mo are getting run at C. I dont get it at all. If they make one bad play, fine, you have enough cushion and enough TOs left to burn 1 to just see versus assuming they suck and having no C is better than having a center.

Gabriel did get run it center even though it was for a short time

Not in that 4th when AD was resting.

It’s more time than he’s got in the previous two games
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:03 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DrDent wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
45 points, 13 assists, and 9 rebounds is one of the most impressive playoff statlines ever.

Ja went off big time, no thanks to coach keeping single coverage. With that said, team did what it needed to do, got the W. If we are being objective, certainly things to pick at. But in the end, fellas up 2-1. Hopefully they can take game 4.

Yea, not sure I agree there. Dude single handedly drove that lead down to 10 by himself that fourth.

I get the strategy at a 50k foot level, but I'm not a fan of it when a guy starts going nuclear. Perhaps Lakers woulda changed it up had he got them within 6 or 4.

What’s the Lakers need to do? Is they need to be sending film to the front office showing all the moving screens that was allowing Jha to get open. There were a ton of them tonight.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Luis5150 wrote:
shouldn't have been this close!!! Yeah a win is a win... but Memphis is feeling pretty good about their game 4 chances

If I'm them, the spin I put is "we started cold, massively cold, were down 35-9 after 1, but then outscored Lakers 92-76 rest of way."

I prefer the W of course, but yea, if we are being objective, fellas and coaching decisions have some cleaning up IMO

But the coaching never learns..smh. Thats the whole problem...Bease and DLo next game prob going to get 30mins next game..smh. I wouldnt even be shocked he makes AR the center and bease the forward next game...smh.

Yea...when up by 20 early in 4th and AD sitting I am absolutely perplexed why neither Wenyan nor Mo are getting run at C. I dont get it at all. If they make one bad play, fine, you have enough cushion and enough TOs left to burn 1 to just see versus assuming they suck and having no C is better than having a center.

Ok, so does this in your opinion defeat the critique of why not give Mo and/or him more run at C, especially when up by 20 in the 4th and sitting AD?
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

There have been some posters, who have literally said them self up in a position where they need material to be able to complain about the head coach

Just the head coach

It’s baffling
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:06 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
DrDent wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Luis5150 wrote:

Ok, so does this in your opinion defeat the critique of why not give Mo and/or him more run at C, especially when up by 20 in the 4th and sitting AD?

No, that’s been one of my complaints actually
Anytime the Anthony Davis takes arrest. There should be a shot blocker filling in right behind him.

I don’t understand it

Last edited by Polarbear on Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

[Repeat please delete!]

Last edited by DrDent on Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Polarbear wrote:
DrDent wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DrDent wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

What’s the Lakers need to do? Is they need to be sending film to the front office showing all the moving screens that was allowing Jha to get open. There were a ton of them tonight.

Well, now we then get into refs...yea, I hear ya. I wont say nothing with the W, but I hear you
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

I know Ja went off for 45 but most of those happened in the 4th, where he put up 23pts. When the game is a little out of hand. Lakers also relaxed a bit in the 4th and changed their coverage a bit.

But I like how they came out from the gate with urgency and put the Grizz away early.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
DrDent wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DrDent wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Well, now we then get into refs...yea, I hear ya. I wont say nothing with the W, but I hear you
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

There have been some posters, who have literally said them self up in a position where they need material to be able to complain about the head coach

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

I don’t think so. Ham has done some things well, some adjustments bad too. I think people forget he’s a Bud disciple. He’s not Phil who can make a call on the fly. Bud has many of his faults, hard headed subs, lack on in game changes, and even giving up 3s as no one in the playoffs gave up more threes than the bucks when they won it all. He’s not going to change his approach as quick as some people remember a Phil . He’s not going to work the refs over in the media like Phil would to protect his stars. I think he’s getting judged a lot based off Phil tbh more so than the coaching tree he came from

Hell Phil was criticized and judged by Riley because his style wasn’t showtime enough lol

Last edited by Kblo247! on Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

At least for me I have no serious issues with the coach. I have issues with how the players played to close out. That's on the players. That's attitude.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

Also needs to be said we were much better on turnovers and at the free-throw line tonight
Retired Number
Retired Number

Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

Yeah I see that. Ham is doing good.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Our defense in that first quarter was the best basketball we played all season.

AD MVP mode.

Lebron was his ELITE self tonight. Minus a few careless plays in the end everything else was maxed out.

First time I’ve been to a Lebron playoff game. 🦁👑🏀
Old Staples center atmosphere was electric 💜💛💜💛💜
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject:

I swear to God, Dillon Brooks looks like porky the pig
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

I don’t think so. Ham has done some things well, some adjustments bad too. I think people forget he’s a Bud disciple. He’s not Phil who can make a call on the fly. Bud has many of his faults, hard headed subs, lack on in game changes, and even giving up 3s as no one in the playoffs gave up more threes than the bucks when they won it all. He’s not going to change his approach as quick as some people remember a Phil . He’s not going to work the refs over in the media like Phil would to protect his stars. I think he’s getting judged a lot based off Phil tbh more so than the coaching tree he came from

Hell Phil was criticized and judged by Riley because his style wasn’t showtime enough lol

Darvin isn’t doing it perfect dude we really expect him to is a rookie head coach? I didn’t.
But to blame everything on him is just stupid
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

Darvin isn’t doing it perfect dude we really expect him to is a rookie head coach? I didn’t.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

Kblo247! wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
32 wrote:

Just the head coach

It’s baffling

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Polarbear wrote:
I swear to God, Dillon Brooks looks like porky the pig

He's a disrespectful @$$. Sick of him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

DrDent wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DrDent wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Maybe the Lakers took their foot off the gas. I didn't see most of the game. I was watching the Davis vs Garcia fight. Tank KOd Garcia. When I turned the game on the Lakers were up 20. I got the impression they got complacent.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 52 of 55
Jump to: