If Jeanie doesn’t sign Reaves and Rui
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:36 pm    Post subject:

what a play

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:48 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
I would just try to enjoy this team as much as possible. It may be our last realistic try for a title in the next 3 years and definitely in Lebron's time. Forget trashing Jeanie, FO, coaches, players. Try to just get that juju towards Lakers getting 18.

I think we have clearly enough talent to win, at least the West which looks horrendously weakened down. I mean the best team in the West has a net rating of 3.3, typically good teams have +5 or more and dominant teams +7. There's no West team this year that's dominant, other than the Suns with KD possibly (but they just dropped a game to Clips).

After the playoffs, you then have a look at what the realistic best path is to take. If we can't win a title with a healthy Lebron/AD, is paying a lot of role guys near max money or (you know what I mean) the best option? Do you want to trust Bron and AD's health a year later? I think our best shot is now. We clearly sacrificed a very important 2027 FRP to give Bron/AD this chance. And so far they are delivering. Lets see what happens, before trashing ownership for not paying DLO/Reaves/Rui etc

I think the rationale would be that Lebron and AD can load manage better with better depth in the same way that the Clippers' depth enables Kawhi to load manage. Whether it was the scoring record or out of necessity, Lebron exerted a lot more energy this season than you would have liked. I would hope Lebron and AD are playing closer to 32 minutes and having to account less for the offense next season. Most of their injuries this year seemed to be of the stress sort.

I see your point, but the Clippers to me are not a good example. They've given up everything (Including SGA) for a team that has yet to show it can win anything, They picked the most expensive and best coach. They paid every role player the max they could pay them (Look at the contracts they have given to Morris, Kennard etc). They've done everything that a lot of Laker fans want Jeanie to do.

And the results are what? 0 rings. Not even a Finals run.

I think the Lakers would probably go all out if they felt AD/Bron can get them to the finish line. That's what this postseason is all about. After that, they can evaluate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:17 am    Post subject:

PinoyLBJFan wrote:
what a play

Rui got the ball right in absolute perfect position to rise up and shoot - that's some Power right there .. Austin Power
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:04 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
gng930 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
I would just try to enjoy this team as much as possible. It may be our last realistic try for a title in the next 3 years and definitely in Lebron's time. Forget trashing Jeanie, FO, coaches, players. Try to just get that juju towards Lakers getting 18.

I think we have clearly enough talent to win, at least the West which looks horrendously weakened down. I mean the best team in the West has a net rating of 3.3, typically good teams have +5 or more and dominant teams +7. There's no West team this year that's dominant, other than the Suns with KD possibly (but they just dropped a game to Clips).

After the playoffs, you then have a look at what the realistic best path is to take. If we can't win a title with a healthy Lebron/AD, is paying a lot of role guys near max money or (you know what I mean) the best option? Do you want to trust Bron and AD's health a year later? I think our best shot is now. We clearly sacrificed a very important 2027 FRP to give Bron/AD this chance. And so far they are delivering. Lets see what happens, before trashing ownership for not paying DLO/Reaves/Rui etc

I think the rationale would be that Lebron and AD can load manage better with better depth in the same way that the Clippers' depth enables Kawhi to load manage. Whether it was the scoring record or out of necessity, Lebron exerted a lot more energy this season than you would have liked. I would hope Lebron and AD are playing closer to 32 minutes and having to account less for the offense next season. Most of their injuries this year seemed to be of the stress sort.

I see your point, but the Clippers to me are not a good example. They've given up everything (Including SGA) for a team that has yet to show it can win anything, They picked the most expensive and best coach. They paid every role player the max they could pay them (Look at the contracts they have given to Morris, Kennard etc). They've done everything that a lot of Laker fans want Jeanie to do.

And the results are what? 0 rings. Not even a Finals run.

I think the Lakers would probably go all out if they felt AD/Bron can get them to the finish line. That's what this postseason is all about. After that, they can evaluate.

An early elimination this year, if there is true justice.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: