*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves (04/11/23 @ 7:00 pm PT) Play-In Tournament Gm#1 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:59 am    Post subject:

Dlo HAS got to fight through screens or he’s gonna get waxed by Conley. Anyways Lakers in 1
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:16 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Honestly I can see the wolves suspend gobert for a game or 2 because it might actually benefit them. They came back and win the game after that incident. Based on the video, you can see prince got up and pushed gobert after the punch, so I assume most team mates are on Anderson’s side anyways.

That's not good for them that another teammate went after Gobert like that. The reaction you want is to be a peacemaker not join in. Shows team is very fractured. They can still win a one game playoff though if Lakers aren't prepared. Hope they don't relax now that they know Wolves aren't at full strength.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:32 am    Post subject:

Remember that play-in game against the Warriors? In the 1st half LeBron went 1-7 and AD 2-12.

Please don't do that again
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
This Gober incident has to be distracting to them in some fashion, Lakers should win....!

Gobert suspended for the Laker game...

Nice...!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject:

so i guess it will be Lebron on Kyle anderson, Vando on ANT, AD on KAT, Dlo on Conely and AR on prince?
everyone will need to rebound since AD will be drawn outside with KAT.
Wolves bench will be thin but it won't be much of an issue for playoffs. if AD can get KAT in foul trouble early, that will be even better for us.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:03 am    Post subject:

Gobert playing might be a good thing for lakers. Dude was negative in last playoffs.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:03 am    Post subject:

We all knew that was coming. It makes more sense for the TWolves to go all in for the 2nd playin game anyway.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:28 am    Post subject:

The betting line went up to lakers -7.5
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:31 am    Post subject:

No excuses now - their one advantage on us match-up wise was having both Towns and Gobert against Ham's small ball

AD will cook Towns and we actually have Rui who did a nice job defending Towns in the last match-up

If I'm Ham I'm taking away Edwards, he is the one guy who can go off and beat us. Take him out of the game with Vando and swarming/traps in the pick and roll
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bottom line, Wolves now can switch everything defensively while playing 5-out on offense and dragging Davis away from the basket. McDaniels is a big loss but if Conley-Ant-Prince-Anderson-Towns play 40+ min, LAL will have to absolutely dominate the paint to carry the day.

AD/Lebron/Rui better dominate inside because I would rather Gobert be in there than Laker killer Taurean Prince. The Lakers struggle against this type of 5 man unit - PG-wing-wing-wing-Big
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Bottom line, Wolves now can switch everything defensively while playing 5-out on offense and dragging Davis away from the basket. McDaniels is a big loss but if Conley-Ant-Prince-Anderson-Towns play 40+ min, LAL will have to absolutely dominate the paint to carry the day.

AD/Lebron/Rui better dominate inside because I would rather Gobert be in there than Laker killer Taurean Prince. The Lakers struggle against this type of 5 man unit - PG-wing-wing-wing-Big

Good luck switching everything with Towns and Conley on the floor. Their offense is going to be harder to defend but their size with Towns/Gobert led to some unfavorable matchups on our end, now we could stick Vando on Ant, Reaves or Dennis on Conley, and either Lebron or AD on Towns. Anderson isn't much of a three point shooter so I would hope AD guards him and helps on drives.

Their bench is decimated without Reid/Mcdaniels/Gobert and this will be their third game in four nights. If the Lakers play hard they should win.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Hmmm

I know a number of wolves fans have been posting that it's addition by subtraction, having Rudy be out. Hmm 🤔
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:23 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Hmmm

I know a number of wolves fans have been posting that it's addition by subtraction, having Rudy be out. Hmm 🤔

they know we are going to stomp them. This thing will be over by half.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:45 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Hmmm

To be fair to Gobert, although Davis (on one leg) had already cooked him for 26 points when he banged knees with Rui last game, what happened next to KAT and Kyle Anderson over the next three minutes went like:

Davis 3' Putback Layup (28 PTS)
Davis 8' Turnaround Hook Shot (30 PTS)
Davis 8' Turnaround Hook Shot (32 PTS) (Russell 8 AST)
Davis 2' Cutting Finger Roll Layup Shot (34 PTS) (Russell 9 AST)
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Video Post

A few possessions of the Lakers’ stay-ready scrimmages post-practice, featuring Mo Bamba, Max Christie, Tristan Thompson, Scotty Pippen Jr. and Cole Swider.

🎥 https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1645545639449870336?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Gobert I felt like early in that last game was just punking us with layups like we were toddlers out there

Getting him off the court helps especially with their lack of depth. Towns is foul prone and now he has to guard AD full time? Who is even his backup?

That's where they will lose the game. Their depth is horribad right now.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:31 pm    Post subject:

LeBron James, Anthony Davis and D’Angelo Russell are all listed as “probable” for tomorrow’s play-in game.

Dennis Schröder is no longer on the injury report after missing the last two games.

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1645570089759166465?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Good to have Dennis back.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Please! Everyone stay healthy for MEM.
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:04 pm    Post subject:

While I'm happy Lebron played well last game, we need AD to play like the last road trip AD and the AD that dominated both ends of the court when Lebron was out. I want 30+ PPG, 12+ rebounds and 2+ block per game. Get him the ball early and often. I don't trust Lebron to sustain multiple high shooting % games from 3. He gets tired: shoots more 3 and misses more 3's.

I worry about our free throws. We lost multiple games with poor free throw shooting. Cannot do that in play in/play offs.

Hope Dennis is back to bolster the defense off the bench.

Cannot underestimate a team with injuries, players out. High intensity start to finish.

LET'S GO!!!

Last edited by lakerfansd on Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LeBron James, Anthony Davis and D’Angelo Russell are all listed as “probable” for tomorrow’s play-in game.

Dennis Schröder is no longer on the injury report after missing the last two games.

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1645570089759166465?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

I think those three iirc are 8-1. Should have checked out know but anyway…hope they all play and emerge healthy with a win.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:31 pm    Post subject:

A wounded wolf is a dangerous one. Do not take anything for granted. LFG LAKESHOW!!!
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:44 pm    Post subject:

I think Gobert being out is huge. We had no one that could match up with his size and Gobert single handily negates much of our main scoring threats in the paint. Town’s can’t guard AD, nor is he a huge shot blocker, so advantage Lakers. Not an easy game, but I feel much better about our chances now.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Gobert and McDaniels out should be an easy Lakers win.

So don’t (bleep) become a laughing stock and lose this gift.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Gobert and McDaniels out should be an easy Lakers win.

So don’t (bleep) become a laughing stock and lose this gift.

There are no easy wins for the Lakers. None. They need to bring max effort tomorrow.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 3 of 95
Jump to: