*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (04/05/23 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm# 80 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Didn't realize Russ was trash talking Lebron last night and told him good pass after a turnover. That's hilarious coming from Russ.

don't know if true but saw a stat that a healthy russ is 27-2 against the lakers for his career.

I want you to think real hard to figure out why that's not a real stat.

TBH, its not worth thinking hard about, but if its true its a stat. if its not true that number is also a stat.

Westbrook having 0 rings is also a wonderful stat. Probably because of Westbrooks 40% FG percentage and 29% from 3 in the playoffs, which is probably why Kevin Durant publicly said it wasn't possible to win with him. I mean, which "superstar" averages below 43% from the field during playoff season?

The 27-2 stat against the Lakers is a stat, but a less meaningful one. There's plenty of more meaningful stats about Russell Westbrook.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Didn't realize Russ was trash talking Lebron last night and told him good pass after a turnover. That's hilarious coming from Russ.

don't know if true but saw a stat that a healthy russ is 27-2 against the lakers for his career.

TBH, its not worth thinking hard about, but if its true its a stat. if its not true that number is also a stat.

Westbrook having 0 rings is also a wonderful stat. Probably because of Westbrooks 40% FG percentage and 29% from 3 in the playoffs, which is probably why Kevin Durant publicly said it wasn't possible to win with him. I mean, which "superstar" averages below 43% from the field during playoff season?

The 27-2 stat against the Lakers is a stat, but a less meaningful one. There's plenty of more meaningful stats about Russell Westbrook.

someone above brought up his name but
KD without jumping to a super team hasn't done much
Harden either

I will search for KD saying he couldn't win with him, but this is a lakers board. we lost, they won. We used B2B as the excuse. Had they lost they could have used no PG.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
drae wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Harden either

I will search for KD saying he couldn't win with him, but this is a lakers board. we lost, they won. We used B2B as the excuse. Had they lost they could have used no PG.

KD thought he was on his burner account on Twitter and after he left for GS said of his former teammates "KD can't win with these cats" from his official twitter. Was hilarious stuff
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Halflife wrote:
drae wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Harden either

KD thought he was on his burner account on Twitter and after he left for GS said of his former teammates "KD can't win with these cats" from his official twitter. Was hilarious stuff

this one
https://twitter.com/harrisonmc15/status/909634206355066880/photo/1
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ducasse wrote:

I can't believe you haven't been banned yet. Kudos for the stealth trolling job on a 2000s forum site, I guess.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:51 pm    Post subject:

To everyone else, no, Westbrook can't be 27-2 against the Lakers because the Lakers literally eliminated him from the playoffs twice. And before you ask, no those numbers aren't real for the regular season, either. This poster is straight up pulling stuff out of their ass.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:49 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Looking forward to the Lakers revenge series in the playoffs

Would be thrilled to see it.

But considering how the clips have continued to dominate the Lakers (puke!) not very realistic. Clips are a bad matchup for the Lakers. Too deep, too much shooting, too much energy for the Lakers as constructed and currently led.

To their credit, the clips play with a chip on their shoulders and urgency. The Lakers all too often “ just show up” instead of playing a full 48 mins.

Other teams know it, exploit it and tend to get the runs they need against the Lakers. Especially in big games. So all the serious looks from bench from James will not change the team culture.

Breaks my heart to say it, but I doubt the current Lakers get more than a game or two in a clips matchup in the playoffs. Same as with most of the contenders. Lakers are a roaring mouse.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:53 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ducasse wrote:

I can't believe you haven't been banned yet. Kudos for the stealth trolling job on a 2000s forum site, I guess.

It’s always funny when “ban, troll” are thrown around. If you actually read the post you would see it caveated.
https://twitter.com/zierough/status/1643947946910658560?s=61&t=v2PoU5DoWGjJL0iZP_GTRQ

This popped up in a lakers feed. Clearly it’s wrong but the space he owns after all of this time is hilarious. Relax.

They won , my team lost. Hopefully we get to see them in the playoffs with both teams healthy.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:20 am    Post subject:

Clips are deep, Bones, Gordon, Westbrook, Plumlee are all solid upgrades to an already stacked team. Imagine if Jerry West got his hands on pairing AD with Kawhi, Jeesuz
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:18 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ducasse wrote:

It’s always funny when “ban, troll” are thrown around. If you actually read the post you would see it caveated.
https://twitter.com/zierough/status/1643947946910658560?s=61&t=v2PoU5DoWGjJL0iZP_GTRQ

This popped up in a lakers feed. Clearly it’s wrong but the space he owns after all of this time is hilarious. Relax.

They won , my team lost. Hopefully we get to see them in the playoffs with both teams healthy.

It's literally a made up stat, you posted it with the intention of getting a rise out of people who care, and you did, and it makes you a troll, and it's pathetic behavior. That's all.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:21 am    Post subject:

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/lebron-vs-westbrook-record-playoffs-and-regular-season

Here's one that's not fanfic, TrollLife.
Quote:
LeBron James has a 23-9 record in the regular-season and playoffs versus Russell Westbrook in his career.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:19 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ducasse wrote:

It's literally a made up stat, you posted it with the intention of getting a rise out of people who care, and you did, and it makes you a troll, and it's pathetic behavior. That's all.

says you. The reality is you are seemingly easy to get a rise out of. I posted it because it popped up in a lakers feed. I caveated it with I didn't know if true but this is a MB.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45
Page 45 of 45
Jump to: