*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (04/05/23 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm# 80 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
I personally don’t want Anthony Davis going against guys like Zubac, who totally outweigh him and are shot blockers I thought that’s why we brought in Bamba

Somebody didnt give him any burn....but thats "reality" right? Thats what a "real realistic" coach would do...keep bamba on the bench...seeing weyen getting toasted and AD.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:56 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
troy wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
troy wrote:
TMG wrote:
troy wrote:
TMG wrote:
troy wrote:
Clips, without PG, beat a relatively healthy laker team

We're on a B2B and they've had a 4 day rest.

Clippers aren't a bad team they're stacked with offense. Also Ham should probably stop letting teams shoot open shot.

We're a playin team, Lebron is gonna have to figure out how to play without excessive rest, otherwise what's the use. I don't like excuses. Lakers had all day to rest. Adrenaline should have kicked in. Competitiveness and the will to overcome should have motivated these lakers. As the ol saying goes, fatigue makes normal players cowards, and great players heroes.

Dude this team is actually really (bleep) good that we've got right now. This team is still gelling and it's going to need a full off season to get completely right.

most of all the coach needs to get his (bleep) head straight.

you DO NOT play Wenyen against Zubac when we've got Bamba back.

Also you do NOT wait until the 7 minute mark in the 4Q to bring AD back in. Kawhi was in there for the entire second half. Given how bad Wenyen looked AD should have been back way sooner.

Im going to keep saying it. If Vogel was still coaching our record would be better. I'd wager it'd be much better.

But this is what we got. So i'll stand behind Ham and hope he figures it out.

Mr Ham made some mistakes, but what about all the turnovers by Lebron? The misses shots. The poor defensive rotations. At some point, you have to look at the players. These players, rested or not, played exactly the way they always play against the Clippers...like dog (bleep). That's why we've lost all these games to the Clippers. There are NO excuses!

Then as a coach you have to grow some and sit your star player down because he hurting the team and game.

You expect a rookie coach to tell King James what to do? Good luck with that. Mr. Ham wants to stay employed for as long as he can.

Then he doesnt deserver to be a coach. All player want to play the whole game without coming out...but its up to the coach to be that breaker and that person to whip them back to reality if they having a suck game or not playing to there full potential. Sometimes you have to cuddle their ego like Mark Jsckson and sometimes you have to go BOBBY KNIGHT on them.

Sure just name the coach that the Lakers would actually hire that you believe would do that to LeBron James

Some people just don’t live in reality

Should have Kept Vogal and gave him FULL CONTROL. That means benching a bum thats destroying a team and that goes especially for that FAKE KING. AD playing soft? bench him. Bease not shooting right? Guess the answer..BENCH.

Getting ran off the court? Call a timeout...

One player playing better than another? Put the better player in>..

Whats the problem?

Live in reality

So you saying Ham is a great choice and his rotations have been great, annnnd he has no fault in this game it on the players only? Yeah keep in that "reality" of yours.,.....pft lol!

Ham has made rookie mistakes

His lineups have been questionable. He also has this team playing defense and fighting back from deficits in case you haven’t noticed.

I don’t know if you realize this it might be this weird concept to you but teams lose games every team in the league loses games
They have a winning record since the trade deadline a clear, winning record ham gets credit for that along with the players part of the job of the head coach is motivation and he is motivating them. He has also had to deal with a ton of injuries, a ton of different lineups.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
I personally don’t want Anthony Davis going against guys like Zubac, who totally outweigh him and are shot blockers I thought that’s why we brought in Bamba

Ham won’t do that, in his mind Bamba is the backup 5 period
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

Yea this game look more like tired team vs a team who just had a 3 day break. By the time we end our season on Sunday. We have played 5 games in 8 days…

Bench disappoint again tonight.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Somebody didnt give him any burn....but thats "reality" right? Thats what a "real realistic" coach would do...keep bamba on the bench...seeing weyen getting toasted and AD.

I would’ve liked to of seen them ask him about that in the post game press conference I don’t understand why he didn’t play either
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:59 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Ham won’t do that, in his mind Bamba is the backup 5 period

Yeah, I get that
But they also have pumlee who is also a bad matchup for Gabriel because of size they could have worked him in there
There has to be a reason why Obama didn’t play tonight and it’s got to be more than just the coach don’t like him
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I would’ve liked to of seen them ask him about that in the post game press conference I don’t understand why he didn’t play either

I was surprised no one asked him that. This is where we miss Goon I guess. He was good with getting answers to questions like that, without being quite as aggro as Woike LOL.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
troy wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
troy wrote:
TMG wrote:
troy wrote:
TMG wrote:
troy wrote:

Clippers aren't a bad team they're stacked with offense. Also Ham should probably stop letting teams shoot open shot.

We're a playin team, Lebron is gonna have to figure out how to play without excessive rest, otherwise what's the use. I don't like excuses. Lakers had all day to rest. Adrenaline should have kicked in. Competitiveness and the will to overcome should have motivated these lakers. As the ol saying goes, fatigue makes normal players cowards, and great players heroes.

Dude this team is actually really (bleep) good that we've got right now. This team is still gelling and it's going to need a full off season to get completely right.

Also you do NOT wait until the 7 minute mark in the 4Q to bring AD back in. Kawhi was in there for the entire second half. Given how bad Wenyen looked AD should have been back way sooner.

Im going to keep saying it. If Vogel was still coaching our record would be better. I'd wager it'd be much better.

Mr Ham made some mistakes, but what about all the turnovers by Lebron? The misses shots. The poor defensive rotations. At some point, you have to look at the players. These players, rested or not, played exactly the way they always play against the Clippers...like dog (bleep). That's why we've lost all these games to the Clippers. There are NO excuses!

Then as a coach you have to grow some and sit your star player down because he hurting the team and game.

You expect a rookie coach to tell King James what to do? Good luck with that. Mr. Ham wants to stay employed for as long as he can.

Then he doesnt deserver to be a coach. All player want to play the whole game without coming out...but its up to the coach to be that breaker and that person to whip them back to reality if they having a suck game or not playing to there full potential. Sometimes you have to cuddle their ego like Mark Jsckson and sometimes you have to go BOBBY KNIGHT on them.

Sure just name the coach that the Lakers would actually hire that you believe would do that to LeBron James

Should have Kept Vogal and gave him FULL CONTROL. That means benching a bum thats destroying a team and that goes especially for that FAKE KING. AD playing soft? bench him. Bease not shooting right? Guess the answer..BENCH.

Whats the problem?

Live in reality

So you saying Ham is a great choice and his rotations have been great, annnnd he has no fault in this game it on the players only? Yeah keep in that "reality" of yours.,.....pft lol!

His lineups have been questionable. He also has this team playing defense and fighting back from deficits in case you haven’t noticed.

I don’t know if you realize this it might be this weird concept to you but teams lose games every team in the league loses games
They have a winning record since the trade deadline a clear, winning record ham gets credit for that along with the players part of the job of the head coach is motivation and he is motivating them. He has also had to deal with a ton of injuries, a ton of different lineups.

These continous problems every game is not a rookie thing. Stop hiding him behind that tired excuse.

They have lost games against the Clippers how many times? Hint there is a reason...starts with your center position...hint hint.

"Every team loses"..but by the SAME MISTAKES?

How many 3rd qtr meltdowns have we had?

How many times have you and everybody else scratch their head on these bone head rotations and no timeouts?

Even your GM had to make trades for this rookie coach to STOP putting in 3 small guard rotations...smh.

Stop making excuses for this...it doesnt look good.

How much he "motivating" them every start of the 3rd? ill wait...
Why cant he take out AD or LBJ when they killing the game?...ill wait
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I can’t be that mad about this one. It was really a scheduled loss more than anything else. Winnable game so is frustrating but not unexpected.

We just need to regroup for Fri and see what happens with GSW.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject:

NBA scheduled the clippers 3 days rest before playing us.

Then the clippers get another 2 days rest as they play the blazers Saturday LOL
IT is what IT IS.

Edited: fwiw all through out the game I’ve been saying No Excuses for our Lakers. Still should have won and this 11 game losing streak should have been broken up a couple games back. Tonight even if we had 3 days rest like the clippers they still shot the three and all their free throws soo much better than us tonight.

On to the next.

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:22 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
I can’t be that mad about this one. It was really a scheduled loss more than anything else. Winnable game so is frustrating but not unexpected.

We just need to regroup for Fri and see what happens with GSW.

The Lakers and us fans gotta be better than this.
NBA schedule makers were on some BS with how they arranged this final week to play out but you just gotta fight through it.

11 losses in a row. Terrible.

Glad Lebron and AD gave it a go and came out of this game healthy still
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron on Ty Lue saying pregame that he wasn't going to double AD: "Y’all believed that?"
Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:47 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
troy wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
troy wrote:
TMG wrote:
troy wrote:
TMG wrote:
troy wrote:

Whats the problem?

Live in reality

These continous problems every game is not a rookie thing. Stop hiding him behind that tired excuse.

They have lost games against the Clippers how many times? Hint there is a reason...starts with your center position...hint hint.

How many times have you and everybody else scratch their head on these bone head rotations and no timeouts?

Even your GM had to make trades for this rookie coach to STOP putting in 3 small guard rotations...smh.

Thank you, JustaOb
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

Agree completely. To make matters worse, when Davis is at center he usually does not have any help at PF or SF as size or battle in the paint with him.

Typically when he rotates on defense, who is putting a body on opposing players.

Next season they need to add some legitimate centers to balance it out.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:07 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
troy wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
troy wrote:
TMG wrote:
troy wrote:
TMG wrote:
troy wrote:

Whats the problem?

Live in reality

I seriously wonder if you have ever watched another NBA coach over a string of games and listen to their Fanbase every single one has that guy the (bleep) about the coach with the team is winning or losing

For this team, it’s you

The team does not win games if the coach is horrible, not whenever you have had the injuries that we have had to our star players

This is a lebron centric team that was missing LeBron. We missed Anthony Davis for a set of games despite all that and a horrible start we’re going to be in the playoffs or the play in however, you look at it.

Stop taking your frustrations out on one person and realized that several things happen in a game in order for a team to lose

Lebron had a horrible first half
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:26 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
drae wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Kawhi Leonard played 43 minutes tonight, including the entire second half.
Clippers win their 11th in a row over the Lakers.

Yeah, they wanted that W bad lol.

It helps when Westbrook is on and eager to put up points, he can take plays off on offense. And then with a 20 plus lead he can take defensive plays off as well.

Westbrook was a nice pickup for them

They rely on him a lot less than we did that for sure

Also, 47million vs 2 or 3 million the clippers have to pay

Russell Westbrook0 PG 34 6' 3" 200 lbs UCLA $495,955

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:33 am    Post subject:

Load Management

Kawhi Leonard plays full half for the first time in 10 years

Quote:
The last time Leonard played an entire half was the second half of Game 7 of the 2013 NBA Finals between the San Antonio Spurs and the Miami Heat.

Source: Ohm Youngmisuk @ ESPN

https://hoopshype.com/2023/04/06/kawhi-leonard-plays-full-half-for-the-first-time-in-10-years/
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:13 am    Post subject:

Who needs Paul George when you have Westbrick? LOL...

Good thing we have both of our stars for the game so people couldn't use them as an excuse.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
drae wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Kawhi Leonard played 43 minutes tonight, including the entire second half.
Clippers win their 11th in a row over the Lakers.

Yeah, they wanted that W bad lol.

It helps when Westbrook is on and eager to put up points, he can take plays off on offense. And then with a 20 plus lead he can take defensive plays off as well.

Westbrook was a nice pickup for them

They rely on him a lot less than we did that for sure

Also, 47million vs 2 or 3 million the clippers have to pay

Russell Westbrook0 PG 34 6' 3" 200 lbs UCLA $495,955

I would sign him for 500k
500k is Ninety Four times less than we were paying him
Lue and the Clippers seem to be using his skillset better than we did.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Lue and the Clippers seem to be using his skillset better than we did.

Kawhi operates better with a PG next to him

And not that PG, the other type of PG. Lowry helped Kawhi a lot
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Didn't realize Russ was trash talking Lebron last night and told him good pass after a turnover. That's hilarious coming from Russ.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:09 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Didn't realize Russ was trash talking Lebron last night and told him good pass after a turnover. That's hilarious coming from Russ.

Looking forward to the Lakers revenge series in the playoffs
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:14 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:

don't know if true but saw a stat that a healthy russ is 27-2 against the lakers for his career.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ducasse wrote:

don't know if true but saw a stat that a healthy russ is 27-2 against the lakers for his career.

I want you to think real hard to figure out why that's not a real stat.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:47 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ducasse wrote:

I want you to think real hard to figure out why that's not a real stat.

TBH, its not worth thinking hard about, but if its true its a stat. if its not true that number is also a stat.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 44 of 45
Jump to: