Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
Loving this new team outlook. But not happy with Ham's 3 guard lineups and having no answer for Raps taking AD out of the game offensively. Lucky Dlo caught fire at the end. With that said this is 100% a team I can root for.

Ham did have an answer

He played a lineup of Wenyen Gabriel and turned the game around

The only way to stop a team from triple teaming one of your players is for the other players to make plays which they did

He actually made the best adjustment tonight by going with Zone to stop the isolation attacks by the raptors
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:32 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
So its just one game, but the last 6 minutes of that 4th? D'lo was giving me CP3 vibes with pace, decision making, and hitting those shots.

You must mean CP3 2 years ago because lately he’s been horrible.

Might get a little roasted for this but I get Steph vibes with DLO.
Not just because his FIRE shooting but the way he play makes and defends.

Much improved defense from DLO and is a solid help defender like Steph. Definitely a little above average to say the least
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Can you imagine if we traded Russ for FVV and Gary Trent? Sometimes the GM knows the best move
genester
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure if it's already been said, but D'Lo was a perfect 5/5 from the field in the 4th, including 4 threes!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lakers Vs Raptors Full Highlights

DLO POWERS LAKERS TO WIN IN RETURN

Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

Polarbear wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
OK where are y’all at?

Time to start talking about your coach bashing

This is why you pick a young coach and you stick with him while he learns now the team is playing motivated basketball under him

We don’t even have LeBron James

Oh please…team won despite poor coaching. Hope Ham continues to improve. Rooting for him. You trying to get credit calling out people for calling out questionable moves. No credit given.

With every passing win you look more ridiculous when you keep posting this

Your whole game is homerism, ignoring when you’re wrong then quick on the fake “i told you so” inferiority complex. We’re all fans, if someone speaks sound logic in an opinion there’s no reason to spew your attempted canabalism other than try to make up for your own uniformed positions.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

I really thought the best we were going to be able to do was the play in

We’re one game behind the 6th coming on like a freight train
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
OK where are y’all at?

This is why you pick a young coach and you stick with him while he learns now the team is playing motivated basketball under him

Oh please…team won despite poor coaching. Hope Ham continues to improve. Rooting for him. You trying to get credit for people calling out questionable moves. No credit given.

Ham did well with the zone defense.
That confuse the hell out of some inexperienced Toronto players.
But it ain’t gonna fly against good experienced teams

He really got bailed out by Reaves, who just keep making plays after plays out of nothing, and a lot of AND1 too.
Later on DLo come in and turn into Curry.

I feel like today success is fools gold.

It is gonna encourage meathead to keep using the 3 guards lineup.

Schroder made some terrible shots that he had no business taking.
And dribble the air out of the ball in some possessions.
His role is ideally just a sixth man, we can’t have him playing starter minute with DLo.

And we made zero adjustment against Barnes.

Continue to let him shoot over our smaller guards.

People gonna cry that I am gonna say this.

Our players really saved this game in spite of Ham meathead

What will you say after the next win?
This is exactly what I’m talking about here that cursory wave of praise but oh my God it’s not sustainable

It is sustainable

Having no system.

Just wait for our player to pop off.

Sounds like a great plan.

I am sure a lot of teams win championship like thst

There actually is a system being played here it’s not hams fault that you can’t see it

By the way, what happened Nick nurse is this great coach how did he lose to the Awful darvin ham

Yah the system is Reaves make some plays and get AND1.

And DLo make some crazy fast break 3s.

Our player saved the Meathead today.

Watch the game dude.

So you’re gonna stick with this I just wanna make sure you understand how stupid you look

It doesn’t matter if I look stupid or not.

Our team gonna looks stupid just like Ham if he think he finds the magic key and start running the triple guard lineup as his go to lineup.

I hope he can make me look stupid.

I am done looking like a genius the past 2 years, and watch my team gets Westbrick into the bottom of the league
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
So its just one game, but the last 6 minutes of that 4th? D'lo was giving me CP3 vibes with pace, decision making, and hitting those shots.

You must mean CP3 2 years ago because lately he’s been horrible.

Might get a little roasted for this but I get Steph vibes with DLO.
Not just because his FIRE shooting but the way he play makes and defends.

Much improved defense from DLO and is a solid help defender like Steph. Definitely a little above average to say the least

Yes, as in the "one of top pgs in game" sort...yea, someone will roast me cuz d'lo not at that level, but tonight he was.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
OK where are y’all at?

Oh please…team won despite poor coaching. Hope Ham continues to improve. Rooting for him. You trying to get credit calling out people for calling out questionable moves. No credit given.

Your whole game is homerism, ignoring when you’re wrong then quick on the fake “i told you so” inferiority complex. We’re all fans, if someone speaks sound logic in an opinion there’s no reason to spew your attempted canabalism other than try to make up for your own uniformed positions.

I’m not wrong the stats back me up
Your feelings back you up
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
Loving this new team outlook. But not happy with Ham's 3 guard lineups and having no answer for Raps taking AD out of the game offensively. Lucky Dlo caught fire at the end. With that said this is 100% a team I can root for.

Ham did have an answer

The only way to stop a team from triple teaming one of your players is for the other players to make plays which they did

Sitting your best player isn't much of an adjustment.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Damn fine win! Loved the energy they played with from midway into the first quarter on. No clue what that start was?

Crowd was awesome too.

Let’s keep those wins coming.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject:

I've been one of the guys to heavily criticized Ham in here with his 3 guard line-ups....

But I don't have any tonight. He stuck with the hot hands until the end. He sat Beasley down as he was struggling. Schro/DLo/Reaves was on a roll in the 4th. I'd be more stupid if we lost the game because he decided to sit one or 2 of those guys.

Is tonight's win fools gold? I don't think it is, specially how the team has been performing since the trade deadline. This team is just starting to come together.

Last edited by miggz23 on Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:42 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

Ham did have an answer

Sitting your best player isn't much of an adjustment.

Play Anthony Davis tonight was killing momentum because of the way their defense was playing us the lineup, the Darvin ham head on the court, brought us back from a double digit deficit to a double digit lead

It absolutely was the right call
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:43 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are 7-3 in their last 10... most of that without LeBron and Dlo.. while integrating 5 new players.

And people here are banging on Ham?

My dudes.

He may have growing pains with his X&Os and timeouts... but do you see how offing HARD those guys are balling for him?

Coaching is even more about leadership and getting buy-in than it is about strategy.

People here complaining Ham is getting "bailed out" by players... well.. who do you think is lifting those players up?

Ya'll need to step back and assess your assessments.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
OK where are y’all at?

It’s cool man…I prefer to celebrate a win with fans regardless of concerns. When I’m around non fans I don’t let them talk smack against the Lakers. But when I think I’m with other Lakers I tend to be more critical on the short comings I see. Glad for the win, hope everyone improves and play well enough to make up for any shortcomings. I see a lot of fans after a win so happy they appear to have blinders on. I want to win more than a regular season game. My concerns are that if we struggle to start the game and struggle to start the second half we may be in danger of just having regular season success.

Imo I thought you were off base calling out other fans for legitimate concerns. Maybe you didn’t see any.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Raptors are a touch matchup for us without Lebron because their wings are huge. Ham was smart honestly to just give up and go to a zone, they have size but not great shooting and it paid off.

Awesome close by D-Lo man, that was crazy fun to see him raining threes from all over. Just a great game by him period at least on offense. On D Ham did him no favors having him guard Scottie Barnes, that was moronic.

AD didn't score a lot but drew a ton of attention and played great D, will take that from him all day long and keep the wear and tear to a minimum.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:21 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
should be an easy win tonight...!

called it, but I was worried a few times...
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Considering I'm yet another hater of the 3 guard lineups we had earlier this season I just gotta say - DLO/Reaves/Shroeder played awesome ball tonight! Kudos to all 3.

Swapping out WB/Bev for DLO, seeing a bit more of both Reaves and Schroeder, this 3 guard combo plays with a bit more size, a bit more versatility, and a LOT more brains than the previous 3 guard lineup. And it worked. AD was triple teamed and all 3 of them made the Raptors pay for it.

As far as the zone D later in the game, hey it worked.

Also - the team chemistry out there was awesome!!!! Fantastic game all around as far as I'm concerned.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
OK where are y’all at?

It’s cool man…I prefer to celebrate a win with fans regardless of concerns. When I’m around non fans I don’t let them talk smack against the Lakers. But when I think I’m with other Lakers I tend to be more critical on the short comings I see. Glad for the win, hope everyone improves and play well enough to make up for any shortcomings. I see a lot of fans after a win so happy they appear to have blinders on. I want to win more than a regular season game. My concerns are that if we struggle to start the game and struggle to start the second half we may be in danger of just having regular season success.

Imo I thought you were off base calling out other fans for legitimate concerns. Maybe you didn’t see any.

Somewhere along the way, especially in the game thread, we went away from calling out, specific instances that we didn’t agree with, and just saying things like and I’m paraphrasing

Nurse is out coaching ham
Ham is shot in the face
Ham is a horrible coach
Ham is a meathead
And on and on and on

Then the team wins, and all those criticisms all go under the woodwork like so many cockroaches

I got no problem with specific concerns about what he does for instants playing too many small bowl lineups is a legitimate concern, especially whenever it doesn’t work, but the stuff that I mentioned above infuriates the (bleep) out of me

If people are going to (bleep) about him consistently, at least have the balls to come out and see when he does well

This team is one of the top defending teams in the NBA
This team has gone from being completely out of any kind of playoff contention at all to one game behind the sixth seed
They are doing this well they’ve had more than their share of injuries this year

You don’t do that with crappy coaching and coaching makes players not give their best this to you as (bleep) hard all year when or lose and now they’re winning

Give some credit to him to ham he deserves it
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:13 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
23pts, 7 assists, 4 steals …….playing his ass off on D …….. shouldering more minutes than any Lakers …….. still gets a lot of hate from people on this forum.

We would not have won this game without Schro

Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:11 am    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
23pts, 7 assists, 4 steals …….playing his ass off on D …….. shouldering more minutes than any Lakers …….. still gets a lot of hate from people on this forum.

We would not have won this game without Schro

Biggest problem is Schroeder now if we’re not gonna be able to afford him next year
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:16 am    Post subject:

Laker shooting #'s :

FG: 45-80 (56.3%)

3FG: 13-30 (43.3%)

FT: 19-19 (100%)
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:46 am    Post subject:

SGSD32 wrote:
The Lakers are 7-3 in their last 10... most of that without LeBron and Dlo.. while integrating 5 new players.

My dudes.

He may have growing pains with his X&Os and timeouts... but do you see how offing HARD those guys are balling for him?

Coaching is even more about leadership and getting buy-in than it is about strategy.

People here complaining Ham is getting "bailed out" by players... well.. who do you think is lifting those players up?

This right here...
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:45 am    Post subject:

SGSD32 wrote:

My dudes.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 36 of 37
Jump to: