*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trail Blazers (02/13/23 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm #58 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: *** Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trail Blazers (02/13/23 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm #58 ***

BLF2145 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trail Blazers
Moda Center, Portland, OR | Monday, February 13th, 2023 • 7:00 PM PT

* TEAM ROSTERS(links)

* INJURY REPORT(Link)
    Portland Trail Blazers
    J. Nurkic - Out

Los Angeles Lakers
    LBJ - Out

* MEDIA
    NBATV, SpecSN,
    ESPN710, KSPN/KWKW-LALKPOJ

* #LAKERS75
    KOBE
      ***** LET'S GO LAKERS

Hahaha King LeStatChaser sitting again. Absolutely must wins but as soon as he got his record, misses three in a row. He is simply all about stats now trying to “prove” he is the GOAT. But he doesn’t realize, the majority of fans will never consider him that.

Or his foot is really hurt.

It is crazy though that Lonnie, AD, and Bron have all had lingering foot injuries this same season on the team. Lonnie was missing games with a sore foot at one point too and then came the knee tendinitis. AD tried to keep playing and then had the stress injury. Bron has had a sore foot to.

Yet he just fine playing damn near the whole game to get record. And since then has not been able to play.

I agree, I am sure he does have an injury. But the question is can he still play and cleared to play but choosing to sit knowing we need the wins.

Lakers also knew fans paid 96k to 75k to be at that game so they encouraged him playing. He’s had a sore foot for a while. Then again Lonnie played on a sore foot too until his knee started hurting and he sat out. AD played a whole quarter after his foot was hurt and missed 5 weeks after. It’s a line between knowing he is hurt and over playing him.

Case and point the Lakers said AD was going to be on a minute restriction, in the Boston game Ham told abc he would cap his time at 24 mins instead he played him at 35. He said he was on a minute cap for the pelicans game and AD went over the cap and never sat for a second of the fourth quarter.

Ham said himself he knew lebron has been hurt and the minutes were high in press conferences but also made the quote that lebron was so hot that he was going to ride him.

Lebron went with the moment even if he wasn’t feeling all the way right because there are people who were at the game saying he took his shoe off whenever he sat. He went with the history and the moment because he’ll no one but him knows what that moment felt like since no one came close to it in 40 years,

Lebron and AD need to play, but Ham also needs to manage and coach. If a team gives minutes restrictions follow them unlike what he did with AD. I’ve seen the Nets for all Nash fault follow KDs minute restriction down to the minute lol, same with the Pelicans and BI. He needs to play Bron not for whole fourth quarters because he’s going to ride him while he’s hot ignoring he’s 38 and built like a freight train so that’s a lot of weight.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:38 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
They list Lebron as questionable for tomorrow although he is currently at Super Bowl.
I think whether he plays or not, ham should reduce his minutes in the future. High 30s is nuts for a player in his age.

Really dedicated to this team.

Right. Because what he does on his personal time is anyone’s business. I’m sure other athletes are either there or having Super Bowl parties. They must not be committed to their teams. I’m not with my coworkers and boss right now. I must not be committed to my work as well.

Maybe we're spoiled by Kobe's work ethics and dedication to the Lakers. Because there's no way Kobe would be at the Superbowl if he was probable to play the next game.

Kobe ate donuts and gained weight during his rehab. He even admitted to it. You know what I said. Good for you dude. Live your life.

Kobe also spent the end of his time by most accounts enjoying time with his daughters and family.

Lebron has put in 20 years, 10 finals trip, and a bubble stay. That’s a lot of time on basketball. He also is entitled to have his fun and leisure moments. He’s entitled to spend time with the family and goof off to let off steam and expectations for a few hours in a day. He’s human.

Another benefit is simply full energy versus the Pelicans who they need to beat more than the Blazers. They can’t let the pels have the tie breaker.

Last edited by Kblo247! on Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: *** Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trail Blazers (02/13/23 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm #58 ***

Kblo247! wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

* TEAM ROSTERS(links)

* INJURY REPORT(Link)
    Portland Trail Blazers
    J. Nurkic - Out

Los Angeles Lakers
    LBJ - Out

* MEDIA
    NBATV, SpecSN,

* #LAKERS75
    KOBE
      ***** LET'S GO LAKERS

Hahaha King LeStatChaser sitting again. Absolutely must wins but as soon as he got his record, misses three in a row. He is simply all about stats now trying to “prove” he is the GOAT. But he doesn’t realize, the majority of fans will never consider him that.

Or his foot is really hurt.

It is crazy though that Lonnie, AD, and Bron have all had lingering foot injuries this same season on the team. Lonnie was missing games with a sore foot at one point too and then came the knee tendinitis. AD tried to keep playing and then had the stress injury. Bron has had a sore foot to.

Yet he just fine playing damn near the whole game to get record. And since then has not been able to play.

I agree, I am sure he does have an injury. But the question is can he still play and cleared to play but choosing to sit knowing we need the wins.

Lakers also knew fans paid 96k to 75k to be at that game so they encouraged him playing. He’s had a sore foot for a while. Then again Lonnie played on a sore foot too until his knee started hurting and he sat out. AD played a whole quarter after his foot was hurt and missed 5 weeks after. It’s a line between knowing he is hurt and over playing him.

Case and point the Lakers said AD was going to be on a minute restriction, in the Boston game Ham told abc he would cap his time at 24 mins instead he played him at 35. He said he was on a minute cap for the pelicans game and AD went over the cap and never sat for a second of the fourth quarter.

Ham said himself he knew lebron has been hurt and the minutes were high in press conferences but also made the quote that lebron was so hot that he was going to ride him.

Lebron went with the moment even if he wasn’t feeling all the way right because there are people who were at the game saying he took his shoe off whenever he sat. He went with the history and the moment because he’ll no one but him knows what that moment felt like since no one came close to it in 40 years,

Lebron and AD need to play, but Ham also needs to manage and coach. If a team gives minutes restrictions follow them unlike what he did with AD. I’ve seen the Nets for all Nash fault follow KDs minute restriction down to the minute lol, same with the Pelicans and BI. He needs to play Bron not for whole fourth quarters because he’s going to ride him while he’s hot ignoring he’s 38 and built like a freight train so that’s a lot of weight.

I hear you. At the end of the day we just want our guys healthy and winning #18 🤝
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

With Nurkic out of the lineup, and no Bron to lead us, this would be an opportune time for AD to take control of this game and dominate Eubanks. We need this win badly.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
They list Lebron as questionable for tomorrow although he is currently at Super Bowl.
I think whether he plays or not, ham should reduce his minutes in the future. High 30s is nuts for a player in his age.

Right. Because what he does on his personal time is anyone’s business. I’m sure other athletes are either there or having Super Bowl parties. They must not be committed to their teams. I’m not with my coworkers and boss right now. I must not be committed to my work as well.

Maybe we're spoiled by Kobe's work ethics and dedication to the Lakers. Because there's no way Kobe would be at the Superbowl if he was probable to play the next game.

Kobe ate donuts and gained weight during his rehab. He even admitted to it. You know what I said. Good for you dude. Live your life.

Kobe also spent the end of his time by most accounts enjoying time with his daughters and family.

Lebron has put in 20 years, 10 finals trip, and a bubble stay. That’s a lot of time on basketball. He also is entitled to have his fun and leisure moments. He’s entitled to spend time with the family and goof off to let off steam and expectations for a few hours in a day. He’s human.

Another benefit is simply full energy versus the Pelicans who they need to beat more than the Blazers. They can’t let the pels have the tie breaker.

To this point, 20 years in the league, multiple deep runs in the playoffs, over a million dollars spent on his body yearly…Lebron knows better than anyone how to get his body ready for what is needed.

Lol at people on the internet arguing that they know better than him on what it takes to maximize our chances
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Anybody knows if Mo Bamba is available to play in this game?

No. He will be after this game

Darn it. I thought his suspension was over already
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Regardless of differences of opinion, we really need to win the next 2 games. With or without Lebron.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Did the Lakers have practice today, or just watch the Superbowl?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Makes me wonder if we will see LBJ playing in the Allstar game? If a leg/foot injury is enough to miss 2-4 games wouldn’t it limit movement to crutches or at least a boot for Super Bowl attendance? I get that stars probably don’t have to walk as much as we would for the game but still. If he plays in the Allstar game it won’t be just speculation of what we’re speculating about any longer.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Did the Lakers have practice today, or just watch the Superbowl?
Watch the game. Dennis said yesterday on national tv the guys were all going to get together and watch the game together, and he was going even though he didn’t like football
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:36 pm    Post subject:

***** LET'S GO LAKERS
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:22 pm    Post subject:

I think the estimate is we needed to win 19 games to likely make the play-in. We won at Golden State so now we need 18 - The countdown is on.

Win! Win! Win!
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
I think the estimate is we needed to win 19 games to likely make the play-in. We won at Golden State so now we need 18 - The countdown is on.

Win! Win! Win!

I don’t think it takes more than 15-10 the rest of the way to get there.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:04 am    Post subject:

If LeBron is hurt, he’s hurt

I think my big problem with this is he misses games that we absolutely need and then turn around and plays in the All-Star game?

That should never happen if it is come to this than LeBron should bow out of the All-Star game
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:56 am    Post subject:

OKC, Minn, NOP, Utah, Portland, GSW all have two more games until the Allstar break and the Lakers have two more games as well...not enough looking at the standings to reach a play-in seed...but it could be an interesting time off if significant ground is made up to climb in the standings.

The Lakers could come out of the break within a half game of the 10th seed and within one game of several other seeds.

A play-in game win may be necessary...but my hope is that the team enters the playoffs at least seeded 7th.

Lofty expectations I know...we should get an indication of possibilities for the team with the two games just before the break...this one against Portland is a must win!!!
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:16 am    Post subject:

Lisa Salters said during the Warriors game that LeBron will probably miss the Blazers game but be back against the Pelicans
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:47 am    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
Lisa Salters said during the Warriors game that LeBron will probably miss the Blazers game but be back against the Pelicans

Great. I wanna crush the Pelicans.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:24 am    Post subject:

First blow out of the season if Bron plays.

LAL by 20
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: *** Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trail Blazers (02/13/23 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm #58 ***

BLF2145 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

* TEAM ROSTERS(links)

* INJURY REPORT(Link)
    Portland Trail Blazers
    J. Nurkic - Out

Los Angeles Lakers
    LBJ - Out

* MEDIA
    NBATV, SpecSN,

* #LAKERS75
    KOBE
      ***** LET'S GO LAKERS

Currently listed as "questionable". Calm down
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:53 am    Post subject:

We really need this one. Lebron should suit up unless he is seriously injured.

If he misses this one and we lose, and then he goes and plays in the all-star game that's ridiculous.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:09 am    Post subject:

I’m fine with Lebron sitting out if he’s really injured.

But then he better not come back for last game before ASB and then play the all star game…that’s a bad look.

Your team is in a race where they need to get as many Ws as possible. Missing multiple games because of a lingering ankle issue and then being ok to play the all star game is BS. Rest the ankle during ASB if that’s the case.
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:58 am    Post subject:

Just keep him out until after all-star break (including all-star game). Maybe it'll force the new guys to step and be comfortable and aggressive. And it'll give Lebron a couple weeks rest. Would hate for the injury to keep flaring up and causing him to miss more time later.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:10 am    Post subject:

lakerfansd wrote:
Just keep him out until after all-star break (including all-star game). Maybe it'll force the new guys to step and be comfortable and aggressive. And it'll give Lebron a couple weeks rest. Would hate for the injury to keep flaring up and causing him to miss more time later.

I agree with keeping him out of ASG but these guys need to play with bron. he is ball dominant. they as a unit need to figure this out while going on a winning streak.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:15 am    Post subject:

Why am I seeing opinions that the Pels game is more important than the Blazers?

Lakers need to jump over the Blazers first. Even a win tonight still has them a half game out of the 12th spot. Lakers have at least 3 teams to pass to the play- in. They need to focus on just getting in before any placement in the standings.

James should just be resting the next two games AND the ASG. He can still get the cheers and participate in some of the festivities. But priorities should be on getting treatment multiple times a day and resting it. Not walking or standing around at the SB or ASG. Any ASG court time would be better served with shoot arounds with his new teammates as they prepare for the push to the playoffs.

We have all had sprained ankles, we all know how walking around on it can increase swelling and pain. And none of us is getting paid $50m a year to lead a team.

And just to pile on a bit more with my expectations. How about he ( and every Laker) attend the SB party with his teammates, especially the new ones to start building some chemistry. Too much to ask?

Bottom line… Lakers need wins. A lot of them. Starting with the Blazers.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:32 am    Post subject:

Agree that Bron shouldn't play in the All-Star game if he still has a gimpy ankle. But the reality is probably different. Bron probably misses POR and plays NO (matching up with Bamba's schedule) then plays the All-Star game. If he does, I hope it is minimal minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 2 of 31
Jump to: