Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Obviously we are better than yesterday but To really level up AD should be moved.

Well trade deadline has passed. So let’s just root for what we got.

Hopefully AD picks it up. His body doesn’t look right but he needs to step up.

Let’s see how we look with a full squad.

I’m all in, but we got rid of 2 scapegoats in 2 years. It is my belief Ad or dlo will carry that bAton.

Last edited by Halflife on Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:49 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Welp. It looks like we have our new scapegoat.

Yeah, it’s called having half a team

Nope its called.."This your chance to make a statement and actually become #1 option" and this guy cant show up....He was like that last game..this is horrible. What he going to do when LBJ gone?

The whole team was out of sorts, during LeBron's record breaking game. You could tell from jump that everyone...players, coaches, fans...that the game was more about LeBron, than winning. It wasn't just AD. No one actually came to play (except Russ0.

In this game, AD was having a rough time constantly banging against both Lopez and Giannis. He was by himself, because we have no other bigs at the moment. Our next biggest player available is Wenyen, and 6'9". Lopez and Giannis are legit 7 footers, each. Their frontcourt just outmatched ours.

Once we get our complete roster, and have options with AD and Bamba, this shouldn't be an issue. Also. AD is still looking to get his timing/rhythm back.

Yeah sonic this is a lost cause tonight people to into their feelings

The llakers should beat whoever they face regardless of the fact that they can barely field a squad and it doesn’t matter that they’re playing the bucks. They should just win.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:49 pm    Post subject:

I've seen the standards change over the years and I'm embarrassed to admit it but mine have changed as well. in the past I could never be in a state of not being in rage after a Laker loss...but unexpectedly i feel a sense of calm that i've never felt before after a loss. Was glad to avoid a 30 point beat down from start to finish and feel somewhat comforting that the team competed and actually led for a good portion of the game.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Obviously we are better than yesterday but To really level up AD should be moved.

AD has the remainder of the season to turn his play around, if not…I’d be open to moving him…Lebrons time is coming to an end soon (and should’ve stepped down to a clear #2 option by now)…but AD doesn’t seem to be the guy that carries this franchise.

I hope he proves me wrong, but time is ticking.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Nope its called.."This your chance to make a statement and actually become #1 option" and this guy cant show up....He was like that last game..this is horrible. What he going to do when LBJ gone?

The whole team was out of sorts, during LeBron's record breaking game. You could tell from jump that everyone...players, coaches, fans...that the game was more about LeBron, than winning. It wasn't just AD. No one actually came to play (except Russ0.

In this game, AD was having a rough time constantly banging against both Lopez and Giannis. He was by himself, because we have no other bigs at the moment. Our next biggest player available is Wenyen, and 6'9". Lopez and Giannis are legit 7 footers, each. Their frontcourt just outmatched ours.

Once we get our complete roster, and have options with AD and Bamba, this shouldn't be an issue. Also. AD is still looking to get his timing/rhythm back.

How many times people going to make excuses for this guy? If he not injured riding the bench...he not really trying to force his will on a team. This was a chance were he could actually do that and he cant. Like i said when LBJ leaves he seems not to want to demand to be the #1 option. Thats not going to cut it. Also i really cant wait for LBJ to leave..this "Play when I want to" is crazy!!! Thats how you dont get into the playoffs..no sense of urgency.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject:

I hope the shooters show up because we clearly missing them. Can’t make a serious run in a game without fast break and 3 point shots.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:54 pm    Post subject:

8 players were in the game until the end. I don't believe in moral victories but I give these guys props for battling to the end.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Halflife wrote:

How many times people going to make excuses for this guy? If he not injured riding the bench...he not really trying to force his will on a team. This was a chance were he could actually do that and he cant. Like i said when LBJ leaves he seems not to want to demand to be the #1 option. Thats not going to cut it. Also i really cant wait for LBJ to leave..this "Play when I want to" is crazy!!! Thats how you dont get into the playoffs..no sense of urgency.

You cannot force your will on another team whenever you were in a foul trouble all night it’s like some of you forgot basketball
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Don't get it twisted -- AD is not a bum... and AD is not bad because he gets hurt... AD is, in fact, a really good NBA player. AD is not, on average a Great NBA player. When we had the kids - no one would bat an eye at losing games like this - with our top guy looking like AD.

But most would say AD is supposed to be on GA level. He has more talent and game than GA. In fact, AD will show flashes - ala - earlier this year. But he has proven that he don't want it like that. If we lose with him going all out, then cool. But he don't bring that effort -- just his backpack of considerable talent.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
why doesn't AD bully his way to the rim like giannis?
He doesn't have that mentality. Giannis wants to be one of the best to ever do it. AD is happy with his bubble ring.

Are you seriously this stupid

They’re not calling the fouls when Anthony Davis goes to the basket while Anthony Davis himself is in foul trouble learn basketball

Why call him stupid bro? I know opinions differ and you seem to know ball from previous post...but AD looked out of sorts tonight....as he has for a number of games. Not speaking for the OP but I think he just wants to know why AD doesn't look better and i wonder too. Seem mor than foul trouble.

y'all act like Bucks suck at defense or something. Did you see how many studs they've got there defensively? Good lord.

AD was struggling for sure, but still got 23/16 while not getting many calls down low. He also didn't have his best facilitator out there, when Milwaukee had everyone that matters. I think his struggles might have had more to do with Milwaukee's defense than him not wanting to win.

I get what you are saying and it is valid...but did AD look like he was competing hard to you? It didn't to me...and apparently others. We could be too hard on AD, playing injured, foul trouble, double bigs to compete against without players than normally know how to get him the ball. We should give AD more of a pass.

There is another side though...and it' on you...don't pretend you were ok with the effort from AD. We're not and that's all I'm saying...I want to see more intensity and win or lose to look like the best effort was given. I didn't see that.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:59 pm    Post subject:

So we lost again, but with half the roster gone, on the sidelines, or resting with a sore ankle having just set a scoring record.

I'm surprised in the circumstances we hung this close with the Bucks.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Halflife wrote:

You cannot force your will on another team whenever you were in a foul trouble all night it’s like some of you forgot basketball

Nope take that back..yes you can...you might play light on the defense side but you can still play hard on the offensive side..There have been plenty of times when Shaq and Kobe woulde get in foul trouble but they still going to get others in foul trouble by going back on the offensive and demanding the ball to put the oponent there..so nope..give a etter excuse.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Start Bamba.

AD does not look physically right. He’s able to start games well and then loses energy and lift by the 4th. He cant endure the physical nature of being a center for the whole game.

6-8 minutes to start the half with a center would do wonders for his energy level and foul trouble.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:04 pm    Post subject:

AD is not 100%. He's playing through pain. The stress injury in his foot is a reason he doesn't seem excited. He's in pain.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Nope take that back..yes you can...you might play light on the defense side but you can still play hard on the offensive side..There have been plenty of times when Shaq and Kobe woulde get in foul trouble but they still going to get others in foul trouble by going back on the offensive and demanding the ball to put the oponent there..so nope..give a etter excuse.

You think that Anthony Davis had to liberty tonight of playing light on one side and heavy on the other side on a night where we could barely field a squad

Come on man
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Start Bamba.

AD does not look physically right. He’s able to start games well and then loses energy and lift by the 4th. He cant endure the physical nature of being a center for the whole game.

6-8 minutes to start the half with a center would do wonders for his energy level and foul trouble.

Then he need to stop being a center...he the village idiot with Leking that wanted to play the center position. Ham needs to grow some and tell the two idiots that ITS NOT WORKING...simple. We actually lost TB because this moron WANTS to play center and he cant do it.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Start Bamba.

Then he need to stop being a center...he the village idiot with Leking that wanted to play the center position. Ham needs to grow some and tell the two idiots that ITS NOT WORKING...simple. We actually lost TB because this moron WANTS to play center and he cant do it.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Start Bamba.

They absolutely need to bring in one more rim protecting center
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Start Bamba.

So now we’re blaming Anthony Davis for losing Bryant OK
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
AD is not 100%. He's playing through pain/hurt. The stress injury in his foot is a reason he doesn't seem excited. He's in pain.

If he's truly in pain/hurt - he should shut it down. The play-in is not worth it. But if he's just in pain, and not injured -- he should go hard. He did better than last game - for sure. I guess what it comes down to - is when Laker fans start giving him a pass -- that'll mean we don't care or believe he can be that guy anymore.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Start Bamba.

WTF are you talking about? It’s pretty well known that he hates playing center. He only agreed to do it when we got Russ for spacing purposes.

Ham is the coach and is choosing not to play a center next to AD.

We also didn’t lose TB because of your made up scenario.

We traded TB because we weren’t gonna pay him and we replenished assets with that trade.

Change your username cause you’re obviously blind or not really an observer if you think AD is the one choosing to be center.

Last edited by Lakesh0wtime on Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Start Bamba.

Yessss ... TB wasnt getting playing time over AD coming back as Center...go look it up..its all over media..but also TB left because Lakers wernt going to be able to afford him as he did that well to raise his stock.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
why doesn't AD bully his way to the rim like giannis?
He doesn't have that mentality. Giannis wants to be one of the best to ever do it. AD is happy with his bubble ring.

Are you seriously this stupid

They’re not calling the fouls when Anthony Davis goes to the basket while Anthony Davis himself is in foul trouble learn basketball

Why call him stupid bro? I know opinions differ and you seem to know ball from previous post...but AD looked out of sorts tonight....as he has for a number of games. Not speaking for the OP but I think he just wants to know why AD doesn't look better and i wonder too. Seem mor than foul trouble.

y'all act like Bucks suck at defense or something. Did you see how many studs they've got there defensively? Good lord.

AD was struggling for sure, but still got 23/16 while not getting many calls down low. He also didn't have his best facilitator out there, when Milwaukee had everyone that matters. I think his struggles might have had more to do with Milwaukee's defense than him not wanting to win.

I get what you are saying and it is valid...but did AD look like he was competing hard to you? It didn't to me...and apparently others. We could be too hard on AD, playing injured, foul trouble, double bigs to compete against without players than normally know how to get him the ball. We should give AD more of a pass.

There is another side though...and it' on you...don't pretend you were ok with the effort from AD. We're not and that's all I'm saying...I want to see more intensity and win or lose to look like the best effort was given. I didn't see that.

What would more effort look like? I feel like if his shots were drives instead of jumpers people wouldn't have this impression. But he was shooting over a defense that was packed in.

Defensively he was making rotations and having to recover to rebound. He had twice as many rebounds as the next highest Laker. Was it because the ball was falling at his feet? Or was he moving his feet and getting rebounds. He got 5 offensive boards. That is a healthy total of offensive rebounds. Ball fall at his feet, or did he get to those?

I saw a number of rebounds that he either tipped or were taken from him because of contact or active hands by the bucks. I saw drives/putbacks where he was either blocked or missed with contact that looked less than or equal to contact that was called in favor of Giannis. That IS effort. You may not like the result, but don't confuse that with effort.

Did we see any lobs to AD? That is something I'm used to seeing almost every game, but I'm also used to seeing Russ throw those to him, or Lebron. I saw a couple of plays where AD looked open around the basket but didn't get the pass, one became a schroder jumper that missed when a pass would have led to a dunk and better numbers at the end of the game.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:13 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Start Bamba.

Yessss ... TB wasnt getting playing time over AD coming back as Center...go look it up..its all over media..but also TB left because Lakers wernt going to be able to afford him as he did that well to raise his stock.

Anthony Davis doesn’t even WANT to play center
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:13 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Start Bamba.

Lol you think he's subbing himself in at center or something?

If he doesn't play center tonight, who does? Wenyon? Rui? Come on now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25
Jump to: