*** Los Angeles Lakers vs New York Knickerbockers (01/31/23 @ 4:30 pm PT) Gm#52 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Russ was the reason why we won in OT yes.

He’s also the reason why we even had to go to OT and didn’t win easily.

Not gonna lie when he shot that bank shot my entire household screamed nooooooooo

Glad he made it.

Ice in Russ’ veins just like that social media video of him from last night dissing that little kid wanting an autograph

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
cooleggs wrote:
I just want to say - There is NO good Russ, There is NO bad Russ - There's just Russ -- You take the good with the bad!

I ride with all my dudes on my team (unlike some of you yall hating sussie fools on here - lol)

Sorry, there is definitely good/bad Russ, the key for ham is play good Russ and bench bad Russ and that decision needs to be made after the 3rd quarter

At the end of every quarter...around the 2-4 minute mark bench Russ.

I rather cheer for our players than hating on them every single game.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:37 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Russ was the reason why we won in OT yes.

He’s also the reason why we even had to go to OT and didn’t win easily.

Not gonna lie when he shot that bank shot my entire household screamed nooooooooo

Glad he made it.

Ice in Russ’ veins just like that social media video of him from last night dissing that little kid wanting an autograph

Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Can't even really be happy, just more relieved...really concerned about Ham based on what I'm seeing from him. Gabriel appears to be getting the treatment Bryant got earlier in the season. Despite being productive in limited minutes the playing time gets reduced then DNP CDs.
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
Lmao people are funny.

He sucks all game long and then plays well for 2-3 minutes and rhey forget while he was on the floor our team was outscore by -5 points.

Dennis on the other hand +20

So no, westbrook didnt win us the game. He delayed our win.

I’m trying to figure out where anybody said that he had a good game. I said that he had a good overtime.

He was abysmal the rest of the game

where is the outrage at brons 5 TO's and lame D? Same with AD. Lets be balanced.

LeBron is playing hurt and it’s obvious
Anthony Davis has missed over 20 games. He’s just played a couple on his way back.

Westbrook’s been here the whole time, and he is consistently bad at an opportune moments. He deserves all of the flack he gets.

The problem is we don't have a closer. in theory that should be bron but its not.

Ideally we take russ out with about 5min left but bron is so gassed or uninterested in running sets that Ham needs someone with pace.

I mean LeBron has closed plenty of high leverage games on the way to four championships and six additional finals. If the Lakers provided him with actual spacing he would be fine. Instead the Lakers have shaky shooters and Russell Westbrook who nobody guards down the stretch. As a result opposing teams clog the paint, take away driving lanes, ruin the LeBron-AD pick and roll, and make it very difficult to post either AD or LeBron.

As long as Westbrook is in basically the only sound play to run down the stretch is a Westbrook-AD side pick and roll but I’d much rather bench him and run any number of better options down the stretch.

Last edited by Cyberfreak444 on Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

Still need that GTJ trade

We're lacking a shotmaker
#18 next...
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

No - you can't cut a dude in half - You live with the good and the bad. Have any of you ever played ball?. There's ups and downs. Darvin has to live (as well as the rest of us have to live with both). It's DH's job to see how it's going and coach accordingly. But the vibe of most of these LG posters are so negative and down on ole boy - you'd never see any good things the admittedly flawed player does. YOU CAN'T ROOT FOR HALF OF THE GUY - IF HE F'S UP WE F UP -- THAT'S WHAT BEING A TEAMMATE IS - THAT'S WHAT BEING A TRUE FAN IS TOO!

mad55557777 wrote:
cooleggs wrote:
I just want to say - There is NO good Russ, There is NO bad Russ - There's just Russ -- You take the good with the bad!

I ride with all my dudes on my team (unlike some of you yall hating sussie fools on here - lol)

Sorry, there is definitely good/bad Russ, the key for ham is play good Russ and bench bad Russ and that decision needs to be made after the 3rd quarter

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:41 pm    Post subject:

should win the next 4. This is a no load management schedule unless its to let Bron get the record at home. Otherwise, AD needs to play every game.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:41 pm    Post subject:

I'm late but…

Yay Winning
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Can't even really be happy, just more relieved...really concerned about Ham based on what I'm seeing from him. Gabriel appears to be getting the treatment Bryant got earlier in the season. Despite being productive in limited minutes the playing time gets reduced then DNP CDs.

Horrible how Wenyen is getting doghoused so consistently when he’s been consistently great!

Especially watching how Hartenstein tonight out hustling our squad made me even more furious Darvin wouldn’t give Wenyen a chance
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:43 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
cooleggs wrote:

Do it then...that blind homer optimism is needed, and has value. Not mad at cha even if ya mad at me...cause I'm calling out bs on them when I see it.
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:43 pm    Post subject:

If you can't be happy in a win - maybe you need another pastime homie - lol

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Don’t see why we can’t win out on this road trip, this game was the type of gutsy win that can help us turn the tide, we just have to hope the team actually doesn’t have these type of W’s only for them to lose 2-3 games in a roll
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject:

We can somewhat end the worries that Rui won’t turn out like Kuzma lololol

Never seen Kuz with that type of rim protection in the clutch and also not too many empty possessions with Rui on the offensive end.

Solid pickup!!!
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Choose blind negativity my dude - I watch my team because I'm diehard - all I want is them to go hard. You can not control any of this - good vibes my dude --- just saying some of yall - got issues lol.. Go Lakers baby.

mad55557777 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
cooleggs wrote:

Do it then...that blind homer optimism is needed, and has value. Not mad at cha even if ya mad at me...cause I'm calling out bs on them when I see it.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:48 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
I'm late but…

Yay Winning

https://media.tenor.com/aSW9ZfIIC64AAAAC/shaq-shimmy.gif
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:

I know you understand what I mean. Of course I'm happy for the win but I want more and the concerns I see make me wonder if I'll get them.

I've had this past time for 42 years as a Laker fan...too late to change now but I've actually thought about what you suggested. Are you even that old? Doesn't matter, age, you could still be a better or worse fan...I've been at it a long time tho, learned a few things over the years.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, we played ‘chill’, like we that much better, lucky win cause it was the Knicks
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Still need that GTJ trade

We're lacking a shotmaker

Trent Jr on the trading block?

I’ve read rumors of the raptors players being unhappy but didn’t know we even had a chance
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

My wife just said Russ looking like Meryl Streep in that movie The Devil Wears Prada with his postgame fit 💀💀💀💀💀💀
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Honestly, we played ‘chill’, like we that much better, lucky win cause it was the Knicks

There was a lot of ‘us’ so that was nice
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:55 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Knicks were 27-24 for a reason.

They’ve had some big wins including smacking the celtics in a nail bitter.

Well technically we smacked them too but I’m gonna stop talking about it I promise lol
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Then you were here for the bubble chip, both pau and kb chips, the shaq daddy and young kb 3pack of chips and perhaps some of the og chips magic and cap flavored. We have been blessed my dude (unlike the Flippers and most other franchises). Russ is not the first Russ -- Kuz used to be Russ and many more came before them - lol. It all works out in the end. Not singling you out - just noticing a lot more negativity than I used to see on LG. Enjoy the win and open a six pack baby - lol

cooleggs wrote:

I know you understand what I mean. Of course I'm happy for the win but I want more and the concerns I see make me wonder if I'll get them.

I've had this past time for 42 years as a Laker fan...too late to change now. Are you even that old? Doesn't matter, age, you could still be a better or worse fan...I've been at it a long time tho, learned a few things over the years.

Last edited by cooleggs on Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Governator - Knicks aren’t a contender yet but there a a legit playoff team so I consider this W a quality 1 the thing is that this team might still end up dropping like 2 games in a roll after this Impressive win

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
governator wrote:

Knicks were 27-24 for a reason.

They’ve had some big wins including smacking the celtics in a nail bitter.

Well technically we smacked them too but I’m gonna stop talking about it I promise lol

A win is a win
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35
Jump to: