LeBron should skip the all star game
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:58 am    Post subject:

Why would the referees and the refs union care if LeBron misses an all star game? The refs and the NBA are different entities.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:06 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
That would only hurt the fans. Sure it might cause the league to make a bit less money but a lot of the fans would lose out on some great entertainment value especially when Lebron is on the cusp of breaking one of the most prestigious records.

There's plenty of other ways to get back at the league and boycotting the ASG would not be one of them IMO.

Don’t care about the “fan experience” for an exhibition game.

Only concerned with James and Davis being healthy for one last push for the play-in. That directly affects my “Laker fan experience “.

There is no winning or puncher’s chance if the Lakers can’t get to the 10th spot. Winning games is (or should be) the reason they play the game. The actual games not the exhibition game.

I'm not sure what your point is. Lebron doesn't have the option of skipping the all-star game because he wants more rest. It's not just about the fines from the league. His sponsors would be furious, and he cares a lot about that. His reputation would take a hit, and he cares a lot about that. Most importantly, you know that he wants to be there picking a team and basking in all the attention. He's earned it. There is no way in hell that he skips the all-star game, whether it is because you think it is better for the team or because other people are mad about the officiating.

Simply expressing my opinion. The ASG is ridiculous IMO.

The players priority should be on winning actual games. The games that their reputations are built upon. Instead of a mid season artificial “event” to appease the sponsors and the players egos.

Guessing the reputations of James and Davis take a bigger hit when they miss the play-in games, again. At least it should.

I have never been enamored with All-Star games. Or the festivities that surround them. So my opinion is certainly biased.

But in a season where injury and age are the biggest Laker topics, I would think preserving every ounce of energy and health should take a priority to make the playoffs instead of a frivolous event.

Just my opinion. Hope those fans that care about the All star week enjoy themselves. I just choose not to participate and am expressing that I wish the two cornerstones of the Laker franchise felt the same.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:29 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
That would only hurt the fans. Sure it might cause the league to make a bit less money but a lot of the fans would lose out on some great entertainment value especially when Lebron is on the cusp of breaking one of the most prestigious records.

There's plenty of other ways to get back at the league and boycotting the ASG would not be one of them IMO.

Only concerned with James and Davis being healthy for one last push for the play-in. That directly affects my “Laker fan experience “.

There is no winning or puncher’s chance if the Lakers can’t get to the 10th spot. Winning games is (or should be) the reason they play the game. The actual games not the exhibition game.

One ASG is like a normal workout for Lebron since players don't even try so I doubt it would affect Lebron that much in terms of his stamina for the rest of the season.

If anything, it keeps Lebron in shape because there's like a week off for the all-star break. ASG is probably even less intense than a pickup game. Lebron's single workout session is probably more intense than an ASG.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:33 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

One ASG is like a normal workout for Lebron since players don't even try so I doubt it would affect Lebron that much in terms of his stamina for the rest of the season.

If anything, it keeps Lebron in shape because there's like a week off for the all-star break.

Enjoy the AS game and the festivities.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:59 am    Post subject:

Well the fans didn't do it, was the paid off ref - skipping the AS game punishes the fans more than anything.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:36 am    Post subject:

most said Tim Dougeny was a liar. Now people are saying refs cheat.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:48 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Why would the referees and the refs union care if LeBron misses an all star game? The refs and the NBA are different entities.

Do they even have referees at the all star game?
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:19 am    Post subject:

Honestly, he should miss it and it has nothing to do with the Falco

He is having problems with a sore foot that is causing him to have to miss games. He should take the All-Star break as an opportunity to rest his body.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:31 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Imagine Lebron walking out after 5 sec of the game. It would be epic.
Screw NBA. Screw Adam. Screw the refs.

Lebron did this in the 2021 All Star Game in Atlanta in the middle of the pandemic.

Played the first 10 minutes scored 4 points and benched himself the remainder of the game watching Steph, Dame and Giannis light it up for his squad.
He was healthy just didn’t want to waste his play for non Laker games.

Unfortunately Solomon Hill was still in the league at the time and a couple weeks later they played each other.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: