Ham NO MORE 3 GUARD LINEUPS!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject: Ham NO MORE 3 GUARD LINEUPS!

It was incredible seeing a lineup of Schroder, Christie, Rui, Lebron and AD/Bryant. A lineup with actual size. I almost forgot what it felt like to see this team have that.

As long as health permits it, no more excuses to continue to run those silly 3 guard lineups with Rui here now. It was ridiculous to not see Gabriel play at all as well when he should be a backup PF for this team. Not out of the rotation.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject:

There won’t be if they trade one of Pat Bev or Russ(can’t trade both or we will have PG issues)
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Ham NO MORE 3 GUARD LINEUPS!

Megaton wrote:
It was incredible seeing a lineup of Schroder, Christie, Rui, Lebron and AD/Bryant. A lineup with actual size. I almost forgot what it felt like to see this team have that.

As long as health permits it, no more excuses to continue to run those silly 3 guard lineups with Rui here now.
It was ridiculous to not see Gabriel play at all as well when he should be a backup PF for this team. Not out of the rotation.

Last edited by pio2u on Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
There won’t be if they trade one of Pat Bev or Russ(can’t trade both or we will have PG issues)

We have Schroder, Lebron and Reaves. What point guard issues?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Like the Dennis, Pat, Russ one that closed the game
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:35 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

That will not happen again when Rui gets more time and Reaves /walker coming back
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Agreed. Pat Bev has the most tradeable contract. Orlando's Mo Bamba is available. Another your quality player, like Rui, that should be able to be had for a Pat Bev/Jones or JTA, and 2 or 3 srps. Would add depth, behind AD, as insurance for injury.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:38 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Shouldn’t ever happen again once Rui starts.

….oh god please Rob, for the sake of forcing Ham’s hand, trade Russ and Bev please. Even if it’s for nothing. He won’t stop forcing it.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
Agreed. Pat Bev has the most tradeable contract. Orlando's Mo Bamba is available. Another your quality player, like Rui, that should be able to be had for a Pat Bev/Jones or JTA, and 2 or 3 srps. Would add depth, behind AD, as insurance for injury.

Yes, yes, 10 times yes. Plus Orlando is a friendly trading partner for the Lakers. Always has been. I would love Mo Bamba for this team.

Whatever it takes to get rid of the ugly gluttony of small guards we have on this team.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Gabriel deserves to be in the rotation. Christie looks like he should be a 25 MPG player, too. Will be interesting to see what happens when the team gets healthy. Only so many minutes to give and about 10 (Rui, Schro, Russ, Reaves, Bev, Walker, Bryant, Gabriel, Christie, Brown) role players that are making the case for minutes. Ham has to press the right buttons.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow23_ wrote:
Gabriel deserves to be in the rotation. Christie looks like he should be a 25 MPG player, too. Will be interesting to see what happens when the team gets healthy. Only so many minutes to give and about 10 (Rui, Schro, Russ, Reaves, Bev, Walker, Bryant, Gabriel, Christie, Brown) role players that are making the case for minutes. Ham has to press the right buttons.

That’s why I prefer 3 to 1 or 2 for 1 deals, but if this is what we end up, max and Reaves should play over brown and walker because they are our young guys with a future
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:21 am    Post subject:

Christie is actually not a bad role player at all, dude sticks to his defender's hip around picks, then there's Rui and T.Brown. We actually got some wing depth now, there's JTA also. Let PatBev/DS/Reaves/LW handle the smaller guards
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Ham NO MORE 3 GUARD LINEUPS!

pio2u wrote:
Megaton wrote:

As long as health permits it, no more excuses to continue to run those silly 3 guard lineups with Rui here now.
It was ridiculous to not see Gabriel play at all as well when he should be a backup PF for this team. Not out of the rotation.

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:36 am    Post subject:

We have not seen this yet...

Shrooder
Beverly
Walker
Westbrook
Lebron

The Grim Reaper line up!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:38 am    Post subject:

The thing is when Walker comes back, you would likely see him try to get more offense and go with WB, Dennis/Reaves, Walker, Rui and either Lebron or AD as the 5 in the 2nd unit. It is a super quick lineup that can play fast.

I wouldn't say we're over the 3 guard lineup yet, and Rui is as much a 4 as he is a 3, IMO. I'm not sure his best position is 3.

The biggest thing we should be doing to get the size advantage is to go with Bryant/AD starting together. But I don't think we will do that. We'll play AD at the 5. If you start Bryant with AD, then you're no longer small as Lebron is playing the 3 defensively (can play 1 on O). Then when WB comes in, you can go a little smaller with AD at the 5, or Lebron at the 5 to complement what WB does. Rui can come in as a 4 in that scenario.

Closing lineup/death, if Rui is playing well can close out at the 4, maybe 3, and you can see switching between AD/Bron/Rui at the 5-3.

You never have to be small, but I don't feel we're going to go that route. The pace of the game and offense we run, going smaller helps.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:45 am    Post subject:

I am actually wonder if we will see a lineup of

LBJ, AD, Rui, TB, WB or DS
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:50 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The thing is when Walker comes back, you would likely see him try to get more offense and go with WB, Dennis/Reaves, Walker, Rui and either Lebron or AD as the 5 in the 2nd unit. It is a super quick lineup that can play fast.

I wouldn't say we're over the 3 guard lineup yet, and Rui is as much a 4 as he is a 3, IMO. I'm not sure his best position is 3.

The biggest thing we should be doing to get the size advantage is to go with Bryant/AD starting together. But I don't think we will do that. We'll play AD at the 5. If you start Bryant with AD, then you're no longer small as Lebron is playing the 3 defensively (can play 1 on O). Then when WB comes in, you can go a little smaller with AD at the 5, or Lebron at the 5 to complement what WB does. Rui can come in as a 4 in that scenario.

Closing lineup/death, if Rui is playing well can close out at the 4, maybe 3, and you can see switching between AD/Bron/Rui at the 5-3.

You never have to be small, but I don't feel we're going to go that route. The pace of the game and offense we run, going smaller helps.

It also helps the other team too. The 3-4 guard lineups are routinely shredded by better teams. Like the Clips, not even an elite team per se, just comically destroyed our 3-4 guard lineups.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:56 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I don't think it matters if he is a 3 or a 4 because LeBron is also the same way. They can play next to each other and constantly switch since both are 6"8 tanks. They both can shoot as well as traditional SF's so it is fine.

That should be the identity of this team F.LeBron F.Rui C.Davis
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Christie is actually not a bad role player at all, dude sticks to his defender's hip around picks, then there's Rui and T.Brown. We actually got some wing depth now, there's JTA also. Let PatBev/DS/Reaves/LW handle the smaller guards

Well first of all, neither Brown or Christie are wing players. Let’s get that out of the way. Neither are taller than 6’5 and both are SGs. Second, JTA is a scrub. Just a player with no actual NBA skill. He provides some energy I guess, that’s it. He’s irrelevant. Plus he’s not even that much of a wing player himself at 6’6.

What you see with Rui? 6’8, 230 pounder guy with 7’2 wingspan. that’s athletic, can handle the ball, size up against other guys similar sized as well? That’s what an actual wing player looks like.

Russ and Bev just need to go to make way for the more useful guards at this point like Reaves, Christie, DS, etc.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:42 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
governator wrote:

Well first of all, neither Brown or Christie are wing players. Let’s get that out of the way. Neither are taller than 6’5 and both are SGs. Second, JTA is a scrub. Just a player with no actual NBA skill. He provides some energy I guess, that’s it. He’s irrelevant. Plus he’s not even that much of a wing player himself at 6’6.

What you see with Rui? 6’8, 230 pounder guy with 7’2 wingspan. that’s athletic, can handle the ball, size up against other guys similar sized as well? That’s what an actual wing player looks like.

Russ and Bev just need to go to make way for the more useful guards at this point like Reaves, Christie, DS, etc.

SG, wings, Max chases those guys well. I agree, if we can flip Russ, Bev and Lonnie, do it, a sniper like Bojan be nice
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:45 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
governator wrote:

Man we need the ability to add posters to your favorite on this forum. I am willing to code that for free.

Excellent post bro.

People don't understand that it is better to be bigger than smaller.

I rather have Christie defending PG then SF.

Because at SF they will be looking to switch him onto a PF. Thats how this works.

Mwhen teams see Dennis-Beverly they know they can get a shot off everytime because the lack of length. Rui is an actual wing as you said. Tuscano major scrub.

LeBron / Rui / Gabriel (not even a 3) are the only "wings" in this team. Brown is listed as 6"6 but the guy looks 6"7-6"8 and in my eyes is a "smaller" wing.

If you can't match up with Kawhi or PG13 you are not a wing.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:48 am    Post subject:

Agree that it was surreal to see a size advantage for once. That said, 3 guard lineups are common so I don't mind us playing 3 guards as long as one of them is Brown or Max.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject:

the 3 guard lineups with lebron is +16.8
3 guard lineups without Lebron is -26.3

however, Ham keeps rolling out TBJ or Walker(earlier in the season) with these guards.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:44 am    Post subject:

I hope to see this lineup in the future a lot:

DS
AR
LBJ
RUI
AD

Also I wonder what this lineup would cause to other teams:
AR
LBJ
TBJ
RUI
AD

Super big lineup that can shoot and also be super good in defense. LBJ can guard the worst opposition player and the other can switch almost everything.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:06 pm    Post subject:

I want to see AD / LBJ / Rui / Max / Bev for a few minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: