Mass shooting - Monterey Park, CA - up to 10 dead so far
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:36 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Elderly Asian dudes getting in on our national bloodlust now. When the first female eventually pulls one of these, it'll be time to move.

Well that Vegas shooter was an old white guy and he would've never pulled that off without those tools at his disposal.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:38 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Elderly Asian dudes getting in on our national bloodlust now. When the first female eventually pulls one of these, it'll be time to move.

in our own backyard Nasim Aghdam
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:55 pm    Post subject:

A high percentage of mass murder events were committed by men who previously perpetrated domestic violence on wife/gf/mother/grandmother, etc.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
C M B wrote:

Well that Vegas shooter was an old white guy and he would've never pulled that off without those tools at his disposal.

That was the most bizarre of all. It’s been how many years and they still have no motive. Incidentally the area where that concert was is where they want to build a stadium for the A’s.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:10 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
C M B wrote:

in our own backyard Nasim Aghdam

There was that shooting in San Bernardino awhile back where the perpetrators were a couple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rizwan_Farook_and_Tashfeen_Malik
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:45 am    Post subject:

Was the second dance studio mostly Asian too?
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:22 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately, I've become desensitized to it all. Nothing will be done about the banning of assault rifles.

Till the next mass shooting...🏴
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:38 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Unfortunately, I've become desensitized to it all. Nothing will be done about the banning of assault rifles.

The really disillusioning thing is that once upon a time, several years ago, they were banned.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:

Assault rifles are already banned.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:34 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm impressed with law enforcement's ability to bring this shooting to a possible conclusion, other than motive. Speculations are probably being investigated. Usually, emails, computer files, Facebook, and such reveal possible motives. I'm guessing the suspect has a mental history.

they had good picture of him & cargo van description from the 2nd ballroom incident in Alhambra.

And they are saying that it’s a domestic incident

What does that mean?

A domestic dispute between husband & wife. She was invited to the party and he wasnt.

None of the official news sources have mentioned this. What they did mention was that he was likely stewing about his anger against that dance hall for some reason. He stopped going to that place for almost a decade. Moved away from the area and to Hemet in a mobile home park.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

As I understand it only 9 states have banned assault rifles. LINK

Quote:
Yes, assault rifles are legal to own in the United States. The United States has some of the loosest gun laws in the world. Therefore, there are lots of types of weapons you can own in the United States, and an assault rifle is definitely one of them. At the same time, assault rifles have not always been legal in the United States.

In 1994, Congress passed the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act which made it basically illegal to manufacture or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon. For several years during the 1990s and early 2000s, this assault weapon ban was in place in the United States. The ban was allowed to expire in 2004 without being renewed, and assault rifles once again became legal in the United States. At the same time, if you are interested in owning an assault rifle, you need to take a look at the laws of your state.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:
Yes, assault rifles are legal to own in the United States. The United States has some of the loosest gun laws in the world. Therefore, there are lots of types of weapons you can own in the United States, and an assault rifle is definitely one of them. At the same time, assault rifles have not always been legal in the United States.

In 1994, Congress passed the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act which made it basically illegal to manufacture or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon. For several years during the 1990s and early 2000s, this assault weapon ban was in place in the United States. The ban was allowed to expire in 2004 without being renewed, and assault rifles once again became legal in the United States. At the same time, if you are interested in owning an assault rifle, you need to take a look at the laws of your state.

My guess is that VLF is likely going the disingenuous route of quibbling between the term assault rifle versus assault-style rifles
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:25 am    Post subject:

Monterey Park suspect may have been targeting ex-wife in shooting that left 10 dead
Story by Chantal Da Silva and Safia Samee Ali and C

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:28 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

An assault rifle is defined as an automatic weapon, or a weapon that can be manipulated to be automatic. And those are illegal, as they should be. There is no sane reason to have an automatic weapon. But according to the misinformation from the media, my 20 gauge shotgun is an assault weapon.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

An assault rifle is defined as an automatic weapon, or a weapon that can be manipulated to be automatic. And those are illegal, as they should be. There is no sane reason to have an automatic weapon. But according to the misinformation from the media, my 20 gauge shotgun is an assault weapon.

Stop it. We've been through this before and it is YOU who continually tries to misinform on the issue.

Quote:
When the now-defunct Federal Assault Weapons Ban was passed in 1994, the U.S. Department of Justice said, "In general, assault weapons are semiautomatic firearms with a large magazine of ammunition that were designed and configured for rapid fire and combat use."

While not everyone has the exact same definition, commonalities are high velocity/ military caliber ammunition, lighter weight and improved portability relative to a standard long rifle, ability to accept high capacity magazines.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:40 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

My guess is that VLF is likely going the disingenuous route of quibbling between the term assault rifle versus assault-style rifles

You were spot on DMR. He's at it. I'm gonna step aside and let you and Omar go a it with my friend.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:53 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

You were spot on DMR. He's at it. I'm gonna step aside and let you and Omar go a it with him.

No, we aren't doing that again.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:58 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

You were spot on DMR. He's at it. I'm gonna step aside and let you and Omar go a it with him.

Why not? You can be pretty persuasive. You convinced me a tree makes a noise when it falls even if no one is there to hear it.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

Why not? You can be pretty persuasive. You convinced me a tree makes a noise when it falls even if no one is there to hear it.

I appreciate that, but this isn't a topic that needs me persuading people that VLF's misinformation isn't valid. We've been there done that. We can have differing views on things, but we are not doing the dance with willful bad fait arguments.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:16 pm    Post subject:

My grandma used to go that that ballroom every weekend. Mostly senior citizens there socializing. She used to tell us the infighting and jealousy for dance partners there were ridiculous, I guess this dude just took it to another level.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Another person has passed away from this rampage.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Governor Newsom just finished a visit at the home of the man who disarmed the shooter at the second venue...a real life guardian angel.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:39 pm    Post subject:

I saw him being interviewed, he really put his life on the line.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Another one in Half Moon Bay tonight, at least 7 dead.

Not sure where our society is going but it doesn't seem positive.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/23/7-dead-in-half-moon-bay-shootings-suspect-arrested-reports/
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Another one in Half Moon Bay tonight, at least 7 dead.

Not sure where our society is going but it doesn't seem positive.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/23/7-dead-in-half-moon-bay-shootings-suspect-arrested-reports/

Oddly, also an older asian gentleman.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: