Will AD come back this season?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:51 am    Post subject: Will AD come back this season?

Im starting to think that since its january, half the season is gone, and that there is no timetable, maybe consider shutting him down to make a full recovery for 23-24?

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:58 am    Post subject:

Shutting him down to make a full recovery and then next season, he'd still be injury proned. He did make a full recovery this year from last year's injury but now has injured himself again so there's no telling when he might injure him again.

It is what it is if we had to build around him. We'd just have to hope and pray that he'll be healthy at playoff time and stay healthy.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Will AD come back this season?

DrWolf wrote:
Im starting to think that since its january, half the season is gone, and that there is no timetable, maybe consider shutting him down to make a full recovery for 23-24?

shut him down for what? the pick is going to Pelicans and there is no reason to shut him down. he always will be injury prone no matter how much u rest him
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:05 am    Post subject:

There is a timetable though. He's ramping up activity now and McMenamin reported he could be back in as soon as a week.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:07 am    Post subject:

AD is the new Kendrick Nunn
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:32 am    Post subject:

It seems that we hear a lot about what is going to happen yet it doesn’t happen. It wouldn’t surprise me if he is out for the season.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
It seems that we hear a lot about what is going to happen yet it doesn’t happen. It wouldn’t surprise me if he is out for the season.

I think that will be the likely outcome here.

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:30 am    Post subject:

Anyone think that it’s crazy for AD, a guy who is fragile enough, to be playing with a broken bone spur next to a stress reaction in his foot through the end of season and playoffs?
What could go wrong?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject:

Just out of curiosity... who is an example of a big who relied on their athleticism that had a similar injury... let it heal and then played out the rest of their career at full strength.

I'm not trolling AD... it just seems like it's rare when foot injuries on bigs resolve themselves and they come back as good as new with no issues the rest of their careers.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:47 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Just out of curiosity... who is an example of a big who relied on their athleticism that had a similar injury... let it heal and then played out the rest of their career at full strength.

I'm not trolling AD... it just seems like it's rare when foot injuries on bigs resolve themselves and they come back as good as new with no issues the rest of their careers.

let's just say this season, he will be a walking time bomb, but if the root cause was the bone spur, then he can get it fixed.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:02 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

That's putting a lot of conditions on the questions, especially for someone like AD, who has had so many injury issues. I'd say the best examples of players who suffered a significant a foot injury and came back to play at a high level are Kevin Durant and Joel Embiid.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:38 am    Post subject:

kobe would have been like "cut my leg off. i don't need it!"
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:18 pm    Post subject:

People always put all this damned hope on AD "coming back". Who cares if he comes back when he's just going to get injured again.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:26 pm    Post subject:

if his injury was purely stress (no Dr here) I cant imagine if he does come back that it wont flare up again after a set of games which probably turns into a pain tolerance thing.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:26 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

Yao Ming is an example of playing through a foot injury, and then it eventually becoming career ending. Durant recovered from a foot injury, but he didn’t play through it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Will AD come back this season?

DrWolf wrote:

This isn’t something where you necessary make a complete recovery. It could become a chronic issue. Or maybe it won’t. Really no way to know. Bottom line is AD will play when he feels ready. If he feels ready this season, there really isn’t any particular need to “shut him down.”
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Yes, he will come back.

Then get injured again.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Why did everyone ignore my post? And McMenamin's reporting?

Is this the AD piss and moan thread?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:12 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:

I saw it, Levon.

Not P&M imo, we have seen this movie before. Day to Davis ramps up, plays and is back on IR within 2 weeks.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Will AD come back this season?

activeverb wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

This isn’t something where you necessary make a complete recovery. It could become a chronic issue. Or maybe it won’t. Really no way to know. Bottom line is AD will play when he feels ready. If he feels ready this season, there really isn’t any particular need to “shut him down.”

Expecting AD to make a full recovery is like expecting Lizzo to lose weight. Even if he does "heal", the next injury is just a few games away.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
levon wrote:

I saw it, Levon.

Not P&M imo, we have seen this movie before. Day to Davis ramps up, plays and is back on IR within 2 weeks.

The OP is will he come back this season? And then the thread proceeds to talk about no timeline being in place. I'm merely answering the question. The rest is entirely speculative.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:12 pm    Post subject:

So I thought the idea here was to shut him down while it was just a stress thing, and had not yet turned into a stress fracture

Does anybody have more information than that or are you all just crying for no reason
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:26 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
There is a timetable though. He's ramping up activity now and McMenamin reported he could be back in as soon as a week.

How is that timetable going? McMenamim parrots whatever the FO tells him. You say that he is ramping up activity now, the report was that he would be ramping up activity soon. Until there is a report that AD is actually doing something, people will remain suspicious.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
levon wrote:

How is that timetable going? McMenamim parrots whatever the FO tells him. You say that he is ramping up activity now, the report was that he would be ramping up activity soon. Until there is a report that AD is actually doing something, people will remain suspicious.

Not everything is some kind of conspiracy. Darvin himself confirmed to reporters that AD was going to begin the ramp-up process when they returned to LA on Friday.

Everything else that people are adding on is purely speculative.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: