When does the salary issue stop?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:45 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
According to Rob, they made a competitive offer to AC. ACcording to Caruso, the Lakers were so-so in retaining his services.

According to Caruso's camp, the Lakers were actually trying to convince him to take less money because of all of the luxury tax that they would need to pay. When I read that, I just shook my head. Can you imagine someone offering you 50 cents on the dollar for your car because of high gas prices?

Well, I believe Rob’s idea of a competitive offer is called LOW BALLED HIM!
I believe Caruso & player over Rob any day.
HC: Riley
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:41 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
According to Rob, they made a competitive offer to AC. ACcording to Caruso, the Lakers were so-so in retaining his services.

According to Caruso's camp, the Lakers were actually trying to convince him to take less money because of all of the luxury tax that they would need to pay. When I read that, I just shook my head. Can you imagine someone offering you 50 cents on the dollar for your car because of high gas prices?

See this is an analogy I can F with…@Dr.Laker, take notes haha.

What’s wild about AC is that he proved he worked next to Bron. He was a +/- GOAT with Bron in the 2man game. Moreover, he was adored by not only Bron, but the fanbase. You want to keep some of those diehards in the seats, then make sure you retain their favorite players, Jeanie.

Instead, they allow dude to walk away for nothing in return, while still expressing the importance in exploiting Bron’s win-dow…TF? You intend to keep handing Bron a bag, but don’t do everything to exploit that partnership. Wild!

And then comes the narrative that Bron drove the Russ trade. Did he really tho knowing AC would be gone as a result? Was he that concerned in making sure Jeanie’s bag doesn’t take a hit? I highly doubt it.

The FO should have been more interested in having those two continuously carpool together rather than allow AC to hit the FA pool. And in giving AC & THT 2yr deals in 2019, instead of 3yr+ deals via cap space, they paid a premium to THT at the pump. Enjoy gassing Bron out if/when we hit the postseason.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

What’s wild about AC is that he proved he worked next to Bron. He was a +/- GOAT with Bron in the 2man game. Moreover, he was adored by not only Bron, but the fanbase. You want to keep some of those diehards in the seats, then make sure you retain their favorite players, Jeanie.

Instead, they allow dude to walk away for nothing in return, while still expressing the importance in exploiting Bron’s win-dow…TF? You intend to keep handing Bron a bag, but don’t do everything to exploit that partnership. Wild!

And then comes the narrative that Bron drove the Russ trade. Did he really tho knowing AC would be gone as a result? Was he that concerned in making sure Jeanie’s bag doesn’t take a hit? I highly doubt it.

The FO should have been more interested in having those two continuously carpool together rather than allow AC to hit the FA pool. And in giving AC & THT 2yr deals in 2019, instead of 3yr+ deals via cap space, they paid a premium to THT at the pump. Enjoy gassing Bron out if/when we hit the postseason.

Well, I believe Ham is doing worst than Frank did in wearing out LBJ & AD. I don’t ever wanna see either play a whole quarter or try to limit them both to 8 minutes. It really pisses me off that Ham doesn’t sacrifice couple of minutes more to Bryant & others so when we blow a lead & have to play O.T. well you know darn well those two are up to 45 maybe 50 minutes for 2 O.T.’s. No matter what you gotta save them for second half & keep them in the under 34 minutes range!
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:06 pm    Post subject:

This thread makes me very sad. We are epically mismanaged as an organization. Like pathetically.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:24 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
This thread makes me very sad. We are epically mismanaged as an organization. Like pathetically.

Really sad specially for one of the highest revenue team in the league. Just trying to milk every penny from your stars.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:48 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Well, I believe Ham is doing worst than Frank did in wearing out LBJ & AD. I don’t ever wanna see either play a whole quarter or try to limit them both to 8 minutes.

I agree with you on the long stretches, the ones where they played the entire fourth quarter earlier in the season were head scratching.

That having been said, he has reduced their minutes a tad. Last season Lebron averaged 37, AD 35, and Russ 34 minutes. This season Lebron has averaged 36, AD 33, and Russ 28. I'd like to see them reduced a bit more, but he also is trying to win these close games, and there's a big fall off in player quality after those three and Schroder.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:24 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:

1. I wonder or when Jeanie or family believes is suppose to happen without change? Because what they’re doing the last few seasons isn’t or hasn’t worked! I’m totally not understanding why the Rambis’ or Phil are still involved? Is Jeanie not basketball smart or just too friendly to run things.
I too wish we were SOLD so we can cut ties with Klutch, Rob & everyone!

2. I wonder what the players think when they go to work? I’m sure it would be like us going to our workplace & knowing your boss, management & owner are inept. Unless you’re making A.D. or LBJ money you deal with it, but if your making $40,000 a year, your looking to get out of there…
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

1. I wonder or when Jeanie or family believes is suppose to happen without change? Because what they’re doing the last few seasons isn’t or hasn’t worked! I’m totally not understanding why the Rambis’ or Phil are still involved? Is Jeanie not basketball smart or just too friendly to run things.
I too wish we were SOLD so we can cut ties with Klutch, Rob & everyone!

2. I wonder what the players think when they go to work? I’m sure it would be like us going to our workplace & knowing your boss, management & owner are inept. Unless you’re making A.D. or LBJ money you deal with it, but if your making $40,000 a year, your looking to get out of there…

1. It's dicey to read people's minds, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jeanie is thinking: "Hey we won a ring three years ago, and we've just had some bad luck with injuries. Once AD comes back healthy, we're back in the running."

Additionally, she has to balance the $ to keep in good with her family, and fans don't really care about that. Thus, she is likely much more accepting of compromises between success on the court and success on the balance sheet than fans.

2. I am not sure that players look at this in the same way as fans. Lebron and AD are probably thinking, "I want more talent on the roster."

I doubt the role players are pining to be traded or to have new players come in and take their minutes. Sure, they all want to win, but when you are a pawn in the NBA, you are thinking about your career first and foremost.

And, of course, the role players are making much more than $40,000. They are making millions of dollars.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Well, I believe Ham is doing worst than Frank did in wearing out LBJ & AD. I don’t ever wanna see either play a whole quarter or try to limit them both to 8 minutes. It really pisses me off that Ham doesn’t sacrifice couple of minutes more to Bryant & others so when we blow a lead & have to play O.T. well you know darn well those two are up to 45 maybe 50 minutes for 2 O.T.’s. No matter what you gotta save them for second half & keep them in the under 34 minutes range!

Bingo. There is so much blind blame being thrown at the front office over players but rarely is there an assessment of a coach that has proven nothing good yet. But then the piss and moan when there is a banner from 2020 us pretty sad anyway.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:11 pm    Post subject:

According the the salary numbers listed in the below link, the Lakers payroll will drop about $80 million from this season to next...

Rob is hoping to be able to sign some HELPFUL players, and is why he does not want to trade Westbrook's EXPIRING $47 million dollar contract for NON-EXPIRING contracts...

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/los_angeles_lakers/
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:20 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
According the the salary numbers listed in the below link, the Lakers payroll will drop about $80 million from this season to next...

Rob is hoping to be able to sign some HELPFUL players, and is why he does not want to trade Westbrook's EXPIRING $47 million dollar contract for NON-EXPIRING contracts...

That’s not how it works, the salary cap is not 171 mil, we won’t have 47 mil of cap space with Russ expiring. I suggest you read the cap thread by Vasashi
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:47 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

That’s not how it works, the salary cap is not 171 mil, we won’t have 47 mil of cap space with Russ expiring. I suggest you read the cap thread by Vasashi

LOL, I know how the Salary Cap works..

COMPREHENSION That is the understanding of what you are reading WITHOUT adding BIAS or making ASSUMPTIONS...!

I never mentioned the words "Salary Cap" was and the FACT is: the Salary Cap for the next NBA season has not been released yet...

I simply said that the Lakers overall Salary will be LESS (which is correct right?)

I also said if the Lakers take back Salary for next season INSTEAD of simply allowing Westbrook's contract to drop off they would have LESS to spend, (which is right, correct?)

Emplay just dropped a new article, where he estimates the Lakers to have about $33mil in available Cap Space, (which sounds about right, correct?)

Thanks for the help...
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:46 am    Post subject:

youcantguardme wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Bingo. There is so much blind blame being thrown at the front office over players but rarely is there an assessment of a coach that has proven nothing good yet. But then the piss and moan when there is a banner from 2020 us pretty sad anyway.

https://tenor.com/sUop.gif

Blind blame for the FO???

They saw Lue have success with Bron and must have foreseen how they intended to keep giving Bron the bag, yet did not want to bag a proven “Bron coach” for 5yrs? Bruh?! Give up the bag!

The FO then land on Vogs, handpick his coaching staff and then allow said coaching staff to go for other jobs, while showing Vogs the door.

The FO then hand Ham a 4yr deal cause they want to align his deal with their own 4yr extension.

Can you now see how the FO had a hand in all of this & could be blamed not only for roster mismanagement, but for how they managed to botch their coaching hires/fires, as well?

@unleasH: all @mad was trying to say was, cap potential isn’t fully realized with the space we could etch out this summer. Russ, Pat, Lonnie & Kendrick’s expiring deals at the trade deadline can land us nearly 90m in incoming salary. Compare that to only have a third of that amount in landing salary with cap space during the summer time. #ThisThat&theThird

In addition to reading up Eric’s writeup, Yossi also had a pretty good explanation of that same aspect for Hoopshype…

Quote:
TL;DR
The Lakers should consider trading for multiple role players now instead of taking their chances in free agency. This gives them more spending power towards deepening the roster, could allow them to add assets, and keeps them in the mix for potential offseason trades.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/why-the-lakers-are-better-off-trading-for-players-now/

But you would already been familiar with this had you hit up the thread linked in my siggy👇🏼 😉
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Great article Yossi, I enjoyed it and it makes great sense...!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: