1.5 games back to jump up 6 seeds - lol
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:43 pm    Post subject: 1.5 games back to jump up 6 seeds - lol

Never seen a time where 1.5 games separate you from a 6th seed to a 12th seed. We got this.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:46 pm    Post subject:

LeBron is playing the best basketball since the bubble playoffs, anything is possible
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Real traffic jam in the standings right now. We are the 12th seed and 2 games back from the 5th.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:50 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Real traffic jam in the standings right now. We are the 12th seed and 2 games back from the 5th.

It means that every win or loss makes a big difference, especially with half the season gone and so many players injured. And the team seems to realize it. Really showed in how they kept clawing away for the win. This is a game that earlier in the season they probably would have let slip away. Glad to see they are fighting hard for wins.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:16 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

It’s a great feeling. Wait until we beat the Nuggets.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:23 am    Post subject:

The suns are surprising but the other teams don't look like they're impossible to pass. I believe in us, especially when/if we can get fully healthy.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:24 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
ocho wrote:

It’s a great feeling. Wait until we beat the Nuggets.

Going to be a tough one.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:50 am    Post subject:

The west is wide open. 8 games out of the top seed. Jeanie and Rob are looking very foolish if their plan is to stand pat. There are trades out there that can put us in position to be a top 3 seed and maybe even the top seed. LBJ did not seem happy with their current path in his recent Sam Amik interview.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:53 am    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:
The west is wide open. 8 games out of the top seed. Jeanie and Rob are looking very foolish if their plan is to stand pat. There are trades out there that can put us in position to be a top 3 seed and maybe even the top seed. LBJ did not seem happy with their current path in his recent Sam Amik interview.

LeBron basically told Amick that if the FO doesn’t do anything he’s demanding a trade in the summer, pretty clear that’s what I got when I read between the lines
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:01 am    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:

It’s not that the Lakers want to stand pat, it’s other teams making outrageous demands like first round picks for their decent role players.

It’s easy for another team like the Clippers to look good when they can get guys like Robert Covington and Norman Powell for potato chips, but if the Lakers tried to get guys like that, other teams are demanding our only first round picks left.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:

Not True at All !
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:08 am    Post subject:

Well, the last 28 games, we are 17-11 including the 2 OT losses (Sixers/Celts) and the 18pts collapsed against Pacers... 20-8 would've been 2nd only to 22-6 Nets

Shooting 36.1% from 3s

Highest scoring offensive output at 120.5

LFG!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1.5 games back to jump up 6 seeds - lol

nomoreshaq wrote:
Never seen a time where 1.5 games separate you from a 6th seed to a 12th seed. We got this.

I posted this elsewhere but the Warriors went from 12th to 6th in a week
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:14 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
rebirth wrote:

It’s not that the Lakers want to stand pat, it’s other teams making outrageous demands like first round picks for their decent role players.

It’s easy for another team like the Clippers to look good when they can get guys like Robert Covington and Norman Powell for potato chips, but if the Lakers tried to get guys like that, other teams are demanding our only first round picks left.

If you notice no one is making trades now, lots of buyers but few sellers. Of course the market favors the sellers. Adding the play in games really killed the trade market. There are only 2 teams in the West who are truly out right now, it is in their favor to ask for the stars for their players.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:22 am    Post subject:

5 game win streak.
1/2 of the roster out.
Creeping up on .500

Makes no sense.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Lots of games that matter to Lakers today. Hopefully we get some help cause the win streak might end in Denver. Some losses today by teams ahead of Lakers could lessen the blow tomorrow.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:04 pm    Post subject:

I was only hoping to keep the record 4 games below .500 until AD comes back. We have some wiggle room now. If we keep it to 4 games, one winning streak puts us back in the play-in.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
rebirth wrote:

LeBron basically told Amick that if the FO doesn’t do anything he’s demanding a trade in the summer, pretty clear that’s what I got when I read between the lines

No, he didn't.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:17 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
rebirth wrote:

No, he didn't.

It’s pretty easy taking back from what someone says, LeBron is now backtracking on his comments because he knows he’s gonna get crucified
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
rebirth wrote:

Silly.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakerican wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
rebirth wrote:

No, he didn't.

It’s pretty easy taking back from what someone says, LeBron is now backtracking on his comments because he knows he’s gonna get crucified

I read what was on the lines and I didn't get that.
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:20 pm    Post subject:

No doubt we're playing better but I'm not getting too excited yet. In the last month Denver win was the impressive win against a contender. We beat Orlando, Atlanta twice, Miami (barely over 500 in the east) and Sacramento. Not trying to be negative but our defense is embarrassing and we turn the ball over too much. We can outscore mediocre/bad teams if we're shooting well but I still can see us easily go on a losing streak during tough stretch on our schedule and fall in standings.

We obviously need Davis back to help the defense and, I doubt it, but still hope we can make at least some trade to get a wing defender. Fox almost single-handedly won the game yesterday. Guys guarding him didn't even seem to bother him.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Portland lost
Utah about to lose
OKC killing Dallas.. either team losing helps.
Houston was killing the Wolves, but it's a game now in the 3rd.
Suns will most likely lose to Cleveland.

Lakers will be gaining a lot today.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:26 pm    Post subject:

lakerfansd wrote:
No doubt we're playing better but I'm not getting too excited yet. In the last month Denver win was the impressive win against a contender. We beat Orlando, Atlanta twice, Miami (barely over 500 in the east) and Sacramento. Not trying to be negative but our defense is embarrassing and we turn the ball over too much. We can outscore mediocre/bad teams if we're shooting well but I still can see us easily go on a losing streak during tough stretch on our schedule and fall in standings.

We obviously need Davis back to help the defense and, I doubt it, but still hope we can make at least some trade to get a wing defender. Fox almost single-handedly won the game yesterday. Guys guarding him didn't even seem to bother him.

A lot of fans share your same concerns which is why fans are still begging for the FO to make moves, it’s all exciting right now because the team is winning but I’m afraid it’s gonna go back to the negative vibes if the team starts to struggle again
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Just overtook Utah in the standings.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: