Lakers will enter the play-in
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:23 am    Post subject: Lakers will enter the play-in

A loss by the jazz and wolves and a Lakers win vs Hawks and Kings will put Lakers on the 10th spot.

Hawks and Kings are winnable games!!! Let's cross our fingers!!! May luck is in Lakers favor this time.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers will enter the play-in

leking006 wrote:
A loss by the jazz and wolves and a Lakers win vs Hawks and Kings will put Lakers on the 10th spot.

Hawks and Kings are winnable games!!! Let's cross our fingers!!! May luck is in Lakers favor this time.

I understand where you're coming from, but this is still pretty sad. If this was college football, being in the top 10 would be an accomplishment, unless you're Alabama. This isn't college football, and we are the Alabama of the NBA. These are dismal times.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:56 am    Post subject:

Well, being top 10 when your QB, running back, and wide receiver are out for as many games as AD, LBJ, and Walker still makes you a threat in a playoff.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:01 am    Post subject:

Still have to win those games. Not exactly a given with this team, is it?

I’m still in a “ show me” mindset. I’ll watch, I’ll cheer for my team, but I expect nothing from them at this point. Keep winning games and maybe I can be more optimistic. Go on a 3 game losing streak and I’ll just shake my head in frustration.

Up to the team to prove they are anything but an overhyped bad team this next half of a season.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:01 am    Post subject:

That’s all we can ask for. We aren’t close to championship caliber but being competitive and as close to nop in the lottery is ok.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:42 am    Post subject:

It’s going to be close.

Twolves aren’t going to tank.
Blazers I don’t think are going to tank either.

So the Lakers will have to beat out one of those teams assuming the Jazz are tanking.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:59 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
It’s going to be close.

Twolves aren’t going to tank.
Blazers I don’t think are going to tank either.

So the Lakers will have to beat out one of those teams assuming the Jazz are tanking.

I don't think any of them are going to tank. The TWolves are just a mess and will remain that way unless and until they get Towns healthy and figure out how to use Gobert on offense. Towns should be back soon, but it remains inexplicable that the TWolves did not seem to have a plan for using Gobert on offense. As for Utah, it's good for us that they're on a five-game losing streak, but the unsettling part is that they could have won all five of those games. They could turn it around.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:07 am    Post subject:

This team will be in the playoffs, it’s just a matter of where.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:09 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

If we win a championship this year, is LeBron officially the GOAT?
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Probably, and the Lakers probably have as good of a chance as anyone this year. No one really stands out and I haven’t seen any games this year where it’s been apparent the Lakers just weren’t good enough. Even when the Lakers lose, it’s typically a close game they could have won. It’s not likely that they’ll actually win it all, but the same can be said about every other team.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:30 am    Post subject:

Blazers and Jazz are kinda falling back to earth, so I can see them dropping out, if not lingering in the play-in race. Warriors are likely making the playoffs when Curry returns. The Suns are awaiting Booker, but they are very beatable with an aging CP3 and nonchalant Ayton.

I think the 8th seed could potentially be wide open with the way things are going. Lakers have a golden opportunity, but it won't be easy winning on the road. Crazy thing is they are one of the better road teams in the league this season, so who knows...
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:47 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Probably, and the Lakers probably have as good of a chance as anyone this year. No one really stands out and I haven’t seen any games this year where it’s been apparent the Lakers just weren’t good enough. Even when the Lakers lose, it’s typically a close game they could have won. It’s not likely that they’ll actually win it all, but the same can be said about every other team.

This is a hilarious take. They’d sweep us. Don’t kid yourself.

Of all the games we have played I’d say 90% of them the Lakers weren’t “good enough”’to win a championship.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:52 am    Post subject:

this team has been so unlucky this season. so many blown leads late in the 4th, injuries to AD and Lebron. caught Utah at the worst time. etc.
i hope luck can be on our side soon.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:52 am    Post subject:

Anything is possible which is why we play the games, but we need to see bron in march and if he's gassed like seasons passed. If he has energy and has that "this is the last time" attitude we only need 16 out 49 elite games from him to give us a chance.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:01 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

He already is. Doesn't need to prove anything anymore. Laker fans are just too greedy wanting another championship from him in order to solidify him as the goat but I think what he's doing at this age is unprecedented and might never be repeated so that should carry a lot of weight.

Winning finals MVP with three different teams is also unprecedented. Coupled that with the soon to be credited all time leading scorer, it should be enough to crown him as the GOAT. No debates.

If Bronny had a kid soon, Lebron would become a grandpa. LeGramps would be taking these toddlers to school.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:01 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

This is a hilarious take. They’d sweep us. Don’t kid yourself.

Of all the games we have played I’d say 90% of them the Lakers weren’t “good enough”’to win a championship.

Well that hasn’t been evident so far. You could pick out teams you think would be favored to beat the Lakers in a series but the Lakers will have already won games against most of those teams this year.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:02 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Probably, and the Lakers probably have as good of a chance as anyone this year.

That's an overstatement. The Lakers have a shot if AD and Lebron manage to stay healthy and play well at the same time, but we haven't seen that this year.

The bottom line is we are 17-21 (and only a handful of those wins are against teams with winning records). We are below average on both defense and offense.

It's hard to see how anyone can say we have as good a shot as Boston, Milwaukee, or the other genuine contenders.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:19 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

yeah, i don't think anyone can even make an argument against it. age 38 in his 20th season?
however, it just won't happen.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:23 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Probably, and the Lakers probably have as good of a chance as anyone this year.

That's an overstatement. The Lakers have a shot if AD and Lebron manage to stay healthy and play well at the same time, but we haven't seen that this year.

The bottom line is we are 17-21 (and only a handful of those wins are against teams with winning records). We are below average on both defense and offense.

It's hard to see how anyone can say we have as good a shot as Boston, Milwaukee, or the other genuine contenders.

Yeah I meant to put a small qualifier there but flubbed it. As it stands now, I think they are among 8-10 teams with a legitimate chance of winning and I don’t see a lot of separation between those teams.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
[He already is. Doesn't need to prove anything anymore. Laker fans are just too greedy wanting another championship from him in order to solidify him as the goat but I think what he's doing at this age is unprecedented and might never be repeated so that should carry a lot of weight.

Winning finals MVP with three different teams is also unprecedented. Coupled that with the soon to be credited all time leading scorer, it should be enough to crown him as the GOAT. No debates.

The people who consider Lebron the GOAT right now is a small minority.

In rankings by top publications, and in polls of fans and players, MJ still blows Lebron away. In a 2020 poll of NBA fans, for example, 73% said MJ was the superior player.

Right now, Lebron seems to be solidifying himself in the #2 spot in the GOAT rankings. Moving up to the #1 spot will be a herculean task. I doubt his getting the all-time scoring record will move the needle; he would probably need to match Jordan's 6 rings for the debate to really become a debate.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:18 pm    Post subject:

These are the sort of takes that brings out the bad vibes to the team, because you jinx it, now there gonna go on a losing streak because of you lol
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

He already is. Doesn't need to prove anything anymore. Laker fans are just too greedy wanting another championship from him in order to solidify him as the goat but I think what he's doing at this age is unprecedented and might never be repeated so that should carry a lot of weight.

If Bronny had a kid soon, Lebron would become a grandpa. LeGramps would be taking these toddlers to school.

What I do know is that re-watching the last dance if I had to pick between bron and MJ its not even close who I am taking.

Kobe is the goat though.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:56 pm    Post subject:

I think this team need one RIGHT minimal move away from getting in the playoffs.

They are also one RIGHT major move away from being a contender this year.

I believe the league has been wide open for the past couple years. No clear cut favorites. It has been whoever the healthiest at the end that wins it all.

If the Lakers do stand pat, and end up making the playoffs. You most likely lose most of them next year.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers will enter the play-in

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
leking006 wrote:

I understand where you're coming from, but this is still pretty sad. If this was college football, being in the top 10 would be an accomplishment, unless you're Alabama. This isn't college football, and we are the Alabama of the NBA. These are dismal times.

I don't mind what place in the playoffs they will be. 1 thing for sure, a healthy AD and Bron can beat any team in a series. That is if they can be healthy for a long run.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
These are the sort of takes that brings out the bad vibes to the team, because you jinx it, now there gonna go on a losing streak because of you lol

lol I hope not.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: