Suspect arrested in Idaho murders of 4 college students
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:25 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Lesson here is if you're gonna get into (bleep) leave your personal tracking device (phone) at home.

There was a twitter account that is no longer there that posted a thread on what they would have done differently and that was number one.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:30 am    Post subject:

Something I missed in this case - the surviving roommates waited 8 hours before calling 911

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:59 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Something I missed in this case - the surviving roommates waited 8 hours before calling 911

That was the thing from the very beginning that was so weird. How do the two roommates who survived not realize what has happened and don't call 911 until later that day? And then just describe it as someone unresponsive when there was so much blood it was literally leaking out of the house?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject:

Some sad details in that affidavit...First being that Kernodle happened to be up at that time. Her being up at that time probably lead to the death of her and her boyfriend, as the killer was probably there for the first two girls, but probably thought he had to kill the witnesses.

Also, the witness said she heard some crying, followed by a guy saying, "It's ok, I'm going to help you." A lot of people think it was the killer talking to the wounded girl, and in his sick mind thinking he was helping by finishing the job.

Interesting that he walked right by the last witness - He may have thought she already dialed 9-11, or maybe was too tired from the first 4 murders.

Really hope this guy gets the maximum penalty.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:28 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Some sad details in that affidavit...First being that Kernodle happened to be up at that time. Her being up at that time probably lead to the death of her and her boyfriend, as the killer was probably there for the first two girls, but probably thought he had to kill the witnesses.

Also, the witness said she heard some crying, followed by a guy saying, "It's ok, I'm going to help you." A lot of people think it was the killer talking to the wounded girl, and in his sick mind thinking he was helping by finishing the job.

Interesting that he walked right by the last witness - He may have thought she already dialed 9-11, or maybe was too tired from the first 4 murders.

Ramsey Bolton treatment sounds about right.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:18 pm    Post subject:

It also says one of the roommates got a DoorDash delivery at 4am, just before the murders took place. So odd.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:36 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
It also says one of the roommates got a DoorDash delivery at 4am, just before the murders took place. So odd.

Maybe it was him?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:42 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

They seem to have all kinds of incriminating evidence on him if the reports are accurate. Stalking their house (he lived miles away) , his car being there that night, strange cell phone behavior, gloves throwing away trash and out in public....he apparently tried to cover his tracks.

But of course he was very sloppy in many ways and again I say if he is the star criminology student, the rest of the students at the school he was with must be simpletons.

Very happy that it strongly appears they have the right guy and I personally don't think this weirdo had anyone else with him. I say feed him what the rest of the prisoners eat, (bleep) his vegan diet.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
trmiv wrote:

Maybe it was him?

Given that he was a criminal justice major, who also at least tried to hide his presence in the area at the time, being in record as a DoorDash driver to that address right before the murders wouldn’t be a move he’d make. Not to mention he’d likely have to have his phone active to make the delivery (just a guess given that DoorDash would be tracking delivery progress).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

They seem to have all kinds of incriminating evidence on him if the reports are accurate. Stalking their house (he lived miles away) , his car being there that night, strange cell phone behavior, gloves throwing away trash and out in public....he apparently tried to cover his tracks.

But of course he was very sloppy in many ways and again I say if he is the star criminology student, the rest of the students at the school he was with must be simpletons.

Very happy that it strongly appears they have the right guy and I personally don't think this weirdo had anyone else with him. I say feed him what the rest of the prisoners eat, (bleep) his vegan diet.

This is the thing I find most puzzling, and we will likely never find out. But why these victims. From what had been revealed, he had been stalking the house, so this wasn’t a random act, at least in terms of who was targeted. But how did he select these kids? Even if his original intent was to kill one of them, s was hat lead him to make that selection?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:36 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

This is the thing I find most puzzling, and we will likely never find out. But why these victims. From what had been revealed, he had been stalking the house, so this wasn’t a random act, at least in terms of who was targeted. But how did he select these kids? Even if his original intent was to kill one of them, s was hat lead him to make that selection?

One theory I've heard is that he was very awkward around women. There's a bar in Pennsylvania where he used to go to. They had notes on him (when they'd run his ID, these notes would show up on the screen). The notes said that he's shy and quiet until he got a couple drinks in him, then he became really aggressive and creepy toward women. I think the owner of that bar talked to him about it.

So, he's a Vegan and I think a couple of the girls worked at a Greek restaurant (which has alot of vegan foods). So the theory is that, he might have frequented this restaurant, made some creepy comments to one of the girls and got rejected. This probably set him off to where he started stalking them.

Quote:
Idaho murders suspect Bryan Kohberger made ‘creepy comments’ to staff and customers at brewery

Business owner Jordan Serulnec said he confronted Mr Kohberger about the incidents months ago

Thirty-four-year-old Jordan Serulnec, who owns Seven Sirens Brewing Company in Bethlehem, PA, told NBC News in a report published this weekend that Mr Kohberger was known for making inappropriate comments to female customers and staff.

The business has a system that allows staff to add notes to customers’ profiles when their IDs are scanned. After he read what his employees had written about Mr Kohberger, Mr Serulnec decided to confront the now-accused murderer.

“Staff put in there, ‘Hey, this guy makes creepy comments, keep an eye on him. He’ll have two or three beers and then just get a little too comfortable,’” Mr Serulnec told NBC.

Quote:
Internet claims 'vegan' Bryan Kohberger went to Mad Greek where Xana Kernodle and Madison Mogen worked

Since Bryan Christopher Kohberger, 28, a PhD student has gotten arrested and charged for the brutal slayings of four University of Idaho students, the Internet has been trying to find a connection between Kohberger and the victims. In a recent discussion, netizens have been speculating that Kohberger, who is 'vegan' went to Mad Greek where Xana Kernodle and Madison Mogen worked.

After Kohberger's arrest, netizens are interested to know the motive behind the killings. Connecting the dots, one Twitter user wrote, "Someone else made a good point. He is a vegan. If you search vegan restaurants in the area, Mad Greek pops up. This is where Maddie worked. Speculative of course." "Mad Greek vegan restaurant connection?", another user questioned. Another tweet remarked, "That is why he went to Mad Greek restaurant in Moscow serving Vegan food where two of the girls worked."
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:06 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
trmiv wrote:

Maybe it was him?

Given that he was a criminal justice major, who also at least tried to hide his presence in the area at the time, being in record as a DoorDash driver to that address right before the murders wouldn’t be a move he’d make. Not to mention he’d likely have to have his phone active to make the delivery (just a guess given that DoorDash would be tracking delivery progress).

Maybe he called-in the DoorDash order, in order to create an alternative hypothesis as a distraction to the investigators. "Hey, the DoorDash guy must have done it...."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:23 am    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
Quote:
Are you ready to hear something? I want you to see if this sounds familiar: any time you try a decent crime, you got fifty ways you're gonna (bleep) up. If you think of twenty-five of them, then you're a genius - and you ain't no genius.

- Mickey Rourke's character in "Body Heat"

I thought of that line when I found out about the sheath. One of those 50 things is "don't think your mind is going to be orderly after stabbing 4 people to death".
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:30 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

That was the thing from the very beginning that was so weird. How do the two roommates who survived not realize what has happened and don't call 911 until later that day? And then just describe it as someone unresponsive when there was so much blood it was literally leaking out of the house?

I saw a woman in a YT vid who said that happened to her when she found her roommate raped/murdered in another room in the house back in 92. She said she saw blood and heard noises and someone opening a door and she still didn't actually investigate til 5 hrs later. Found a bloody crime scene. She saw blood drops and heard the door creak hours earlier. She said she was in a state of petrified fear/catatonia. Still weird even when that turns out to be the case, but it does make sense when you hear female victims of sexual assault/groping freezing up and not being able to react even to run away. Heard that kind of thing time and again. "I just froze, I didn't know what to do." Deer in headlights. I guess the shock of the situation triggers it. I don't wanna say it's just a woman thing because the guy saying Matt Schlapp grabbed his junk didn't know what to do in the moment, aka punching Schlapp in the face. He did make a contemporary record of the incident, tho.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:37 am    Post subject:

PS: Another vid had a woman who went on a Tinder date w/ Kohlberger. She said he adamantly insisted on walking her back to her dorm and coming in. She relented for some reason that she couldn't explain, but sounded like she also couldn't believe the situation she was now in. Inside the room, he tried to tickle her and she said when she told him to stop, he said, "I'm not tickling you," and then did it again. She came up w/ a ploy to say she had to puke and went into the bathroom and made vomit sounds in the hopes it would make him lose interest. He did leave, but she said he texted her, "You have nice child-birthing hips" to which she never replied back.

Homeboy is defo weird w/ women. Then the bar who had him marked in their system as creepy to women. "You have nice child-birthing hips" is a good indication of the kinds of random creepiness he must've pulled there. He was following two of the female victims on one of his anti-social media accounts when he was arrested.

He may have had some kind of interaction w/ the two girls who worked at the vegan place. Maybe said something creepy and got humiliated? However, that doesn't necessarily have to be the case. Maybe they reminded him of a young blonde woman that he did hate(?) The Tinder date woman was young/blonde at the time she went on that date. Think Joseph DeAngelo. Some of his victims reminded him of the woman who broke off their engagement, he probably targeted her "type" whenever possible. I'd say Son Of Sam, who was theorized to only target brunettes w/ long hair, but I think that was debunked after awhile. Point remains, some creeps target specific attributes.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Guilty as hell,

Authorities need to figure how/when he bought that knife or at least owning one, to "put one in his hands"...

Otherwise, he might say he was at a party at that same house previously and someone broke into his car and stole it, which would explain why it was found with his DNA in the home. He could also say, he drove by many times, as he wanted to stop and ask the residents, if they knew anything about his knife...

(I watch a lot of Datelines...lol)
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:15 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Guilty as hell,

Authorities need to figure how/when he bought that knife or at least owning one, to "put one in his hands"...

Otherwise, he might say he was at a party at that same house previously and someone broke into his car and stole it, which would explain why it was found with his DNA in the home. He could also say, he drove by many times, as he wanted to stop and ask the residents, if they knew anything about his knife...

(I watch a lot of Datelines...lol)

Sure, he could say all that. But he'd have to convince a jury to buy all that as well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: