A 3-Team Trade to Save the Lakers and Finish the Grizzlies

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:08 pm    Post subject: A 3-Team Trade to Save the Lakers and Finish the Grizzlies

Hey All,

Rough timing on my story, with the Smart injury. Seriously, taking the wind out of that one.

Latest @BleacherReport A 3-Team Trade to Save the Lakers and Finish the Grizzlies (plus Nets; also this published before news that Smart has a finger injury, so pencil it as a Feb 8 deadline move, not Jan 15 when Hachimura's trade restriction lifts https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10104550-a-3-team-trade-to-save-the-lakers-and-finish-the-grizzlies

EP
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:55 pm    Post subject:

That's a crap-ton of turnover.
I feel like continuity and too many new faces year in and year out have hurt this "team" for a long time. I like Smart... but this is too much imo.

Good breakdown though, EP.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:52 am    Post subject:

^ Agreed.....giving Russell and Rui for Kennard and Smith as Smart looks like he's out for awhile, seems like too much. Maybe they can find a better option??
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:28 am    Post subject:

A trade like this is intriguing, nothing to sneeze at. It's a big IF to have all three teams interested in this. It does seem to be a big overhaul in the middle of a season. Not sure how long it would take for Ham to figure out a solid line-up and rotations.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: A 3-Team Trade to Save the Lakers and Finish the Grizzlies

Great number of moving parts that doesn’t move the needle - talent-wise.

Even the Smart for Vincent is not that much of an upgrade (given Smart’s recent injury, this trade is a non-starter

Getting Kenard for DLo does not “Move the Needle”

Losing Rui is not “Moving the Needle”

Will Ham continue the path of Steve Kerr of still trying to find out how to maximize the talent of the Dubs or the path of TLue who has found ways to have the Clips play to their potential (while Kwahi and PG13 are healthy)

Media pundits like Kendrick Perkins are confusing - he says that today’s NBA is all about offense yet laments that the Bucks’ lack of defense makes them the 3rd/4th best team in the East

Hopefully Vincent, Vanderbilt and Reddish (when healthy) will provide the needed Point of Attack Defense that DS provided that will help AD on offense

Hopefully DLo (like last night), Rui and CWood will provide the needed shooting (not necessarily volume but strategically that has the gravity to attract defenders) to give AD and LBJ room to operate with AR doing “surgery” on opposing teams’ defenses.

Let’s pray that Rob has learned that wholesale changes that does not definitively “Move the Needle” is not a good move

Lakers have the players and have shown success but presently in a rut, sounds like strategy adjustment(s) are needed

We will see how good Ham is as a HC
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: A 3-Team Trade to Save the Lakers and Finish the Grizzlies

Great number of moving parts that doesn’t move the needle - talent-wise.

Even the Smart for Vincent is not that much of an upgrade (given Smart’s recent injury, this trade is a non-starter

Getting Kenard for DLo does not “Move the Needle”

Losing Rui is not “Moving the Needle”

Will Ham continue the path of Steve Kerr of still trying to find out how to maximize the talent of the Dubs or the path of TLue who has found ways to have the Clips play to their potential (while Kwahi and PG13 are healthy)

Media pundits like Kendrick Perkins are confusing - he says that today’s NBA is all about offense yet laments that the Bucks’ lack of defense makes them the 3rd/4th best team in the East

Hopefully Vincent, Vanderbilt and Reddish (when healthy) will provide the needed Point of Attack Defense that DS provided that will help AD on offense

Hopefully DLo (like last night), Rui and CWood will provide the needed shooting (not necessarily volume but strategically that has the gravity to attract defenders) to give AD and LBJ room to operate with AR doing “surgery” on opposing teams’ defenses.

Let’s pray that Rob has learned that wholesale changes that does not definitively “Move the Needle” is not a good move

Lakers have the players and have shown success but presently in a rut, sounds like strategy adjustment(s) are needed

We will see how good Ham is as a HC
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:22 am    Post subject:

Like @ A Mad Chinaman says I'm not sure this trade moves the needle.

However, as presently constructed our talent is middle of the pack as demonstrated by our W's & L's. We can't talk about when healthy because
each night you need to play the players you have. And IF we were to make it to the playoff's we could not be arguing the "when healthy" card; you win or you're out.

My biggest fear is that Rob will make a move that does, as mentioned, "NOT MOVE THE NEEDLE".

On the other hand, if Rob were to ask LJ, I think much like MJ, he has no clue how to build a team.

What to do? Who to trust? LOL....fun times ahead.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject:

All written before Smart got hurt, LAL had real interest in him if he had become available and was healthy
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Trade to save the Lakers: Lakers trade Ham for a bag of air to free up a coaching roster spot.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:43 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
All written before Smart got hurt, LAL had real interest in him if he had become available and was healthy

I don't know if your sources can really be trusted.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Ja for Dlo+Rui+Hayes
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:53 pm    Post subject:

It seems like the only benefit for the Grizzlies and Nets participating in this would be that they’d get to watch the Lakers go further in the playoffs on TV.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: