mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
At this point, I would not trade Russell Westbrook

He’s gone. And when he is it will be funny.

I honestly love what he’s doing compared to last year just put guys around him to come put the ball in the basket and don’t ask him to sit out there and shoot three point shots

The only advance stats went up compare to last season for him is Ast% and that alone is just what we needed. He sets guys up
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

He’s gone. And when he is it will be funny.

I honestly love what he’s doing compared to last year just put guys around him to come put the ball in the basket and don’t ask him to sit out there and shoot three point shots

He's the most expensive sixth man in NBA league history - or at least in that discussion at $47M. He will never make that $$ again.

If somehow this team finds a way to have a great run rest of season, he might stay at a reasonable rate. Absent that, he will leave, unless Lakers keep him by paying him more $$ than anyone else.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Great win especially since AD sat out the second half just wanna point out that Denver looked horrible closing this game.

This nuggets squad has beaten the Warriors and Clippers on the road. Utah twice. Dallas once. Then just a bunch of bottom feeders to fill out their 17-11 record!

Sorry to rant but we should have that type of record right now!
Portland and clippers the first time. Pacers. Philly….. boston…..

Live and learn. Hopefully AD is okay and he has to sit out for some time definitely need to make a move.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:47 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Might not even need a wing if Max can play like this

no no... we need a wing... lol

3 &D wings don’t grow on trees. Don’t tell me Cam reddish can be that guy. Now I really wished we went after Grant last summer

I'd take Cam if it's just salary ballast being exchanged, and none of our young guys. No picks, and no young ones (eg Reaves, Walker, etc) go out.

Nunn for Cam should do it...

Make it happen Miggz!

Man this team is begging for a trade... I don't think it would take much to turn this team to a contender.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

Halflife wrote:
Russ did it again. Came in and led the comeback.

I'm on the keep Russ train too. He's checked his ego and has been solid off the bench for us. Yeah, he can be pretty wild and unpredictable at times, but he brings it every night.

Let's go get a solid wing/stretch 4 for the expiring Bev/Nunn package + picks. If needed, cut Damian and bring in DeMarcus or Whiteside or even Dwight.

Last edited by crackadon on Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I'd rather develop who we have... Bryant, Reaves, Walker, Max

Then lose those picks.

Max - unknown. Wait until what teams start doing with him when scouts break down his tendencies.

Walker - I really like this kid's athleticism. Definite building block player IMO; very surprised SA just let him go after watching him thus far. Yes, he can be inconsistent, but he's young. Am concerned if team can afford him...e.g do we seek Monk part 2.

Reaves - if they trade Reaves, I'm done with the FO officially. He's a keeper for any situation, eg going for a championship, or rebuild.

Bryant - I'm actually not yet sold on him. TBD.

When Thomas Bryant was 21 years old he played 72 games and was second to Gobert in FG%.

He's regaining his athleticism with those strong moves to the basket and he can stretch the floor.

For me it's only a question of his health and he finally looks healthy again.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

3 &D wings don’t grow on trees. Don’t tell me Cam reddish can be that guy. Now I really wished we went after Grant last summer

I'd take Cam if it's just salary ballast being exchanged, and none of our young guys. No picks, and no young ones (eg Reaves, Walker, etc) go out.

Nunn for Cam should do it...

Make it happen Miggz!

Man this team is begging for a trade... I don't think it would take much to turn this team to a contender.

I'm not sure who is available, but I do think in at least 3 games off top of my head, just one more solid guy woulda led to a W. I bet if we dug into this a bit more we may be able to justify a 17-11 record.

As an aside, I was completely doom n gloom with these guys the first 12 games. They have completely fed me crow the past 16; in part it is because of how AD centric they became on offense, and the team just started organically gelling better overall on D for lengthy moments in games.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Then lose those picks.

Max - unknown. Wait until what teams start doing with him when scouts break down his tendencies.

Walker - I really like this kid's athleticism. Definite building block player IMO; very surprised SA just let him go after watching him thus far. Yes, he can be inconsistent, but he's young. Am concerned if team can afford him...e.g do we seek Monk part 2.

Reaves - if they trade Reaves, I'm done with the FO officially. He's a keeper for any situation, eg going for a championship, or rebuild.

Max- he's a known defender, with size/length. the only unknown is his offense/shot. Stroke looks good, and BB IQ is there. These are the kinds of players that are keepers.

Walker- not really worried about our ability to resign Walker, unless the Lakers make a trade that kills their future cap space. He's not going to get a star contract...

Reaves- concur

Bryant- just needed time to recoup his form, being off last season, due to injury. He played well in the small minutes he played, early in the season, but never got more, which was a mistake. He won't have big nights, every night. But, he's a solid big, who can spell AD minutes, so he's not ridden so hard.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Then lose those picks.

When Thomas Bryant was 21 years old he played 72 games and was second to Gobert in FG%.

He's regaining his athleticism with those strong moves to the basket and he can stretch the floor.

Totally rooting for you to be right.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/gameinjurydoc/status/1603991485694611456?s=46&t=ZlQWRYGDah1t6VnE_sqSSw
Let’s hope for the best
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Then lose those picks.

Totally rooting for you to be right.

Yeah I get what you were saying especially about Max... I mean he made 2 threes which is what Matt Ryan gave us... but I'm trusting we knew what we were drafting and I just want us to develop the talent instead of continuing to squander it.

(Mo Wagner put up 25 today)
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook is a lot better than he was last year, but I still think his large expiring salary can bring in talent that helps more than he does. For example, I think the Lakers would be better right now had they done the Turner and Hield trade. You can argue the price is too much, but I do think they would be better with that trade.

But, Westbrook is helping the team and isn't actively hurting it anymore. That is a big improvement.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Great win especially since AD sat out the second half just wanna point out that Denver looked horrible closing this game.

This nuggets squad has beaten the Warriors and Clippers on the road. Utah twice. Dallas once. Then just a bunch of bottom feeders to fill out their 17-11 record!

Live and learn. Hopefully AD is okay and he has to sit out for some time definitely need to make a move.

Do not be surprised to see, if AD needs some time to recover, a deal for...

Myles Turner.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Westbrook is a lot better than he was last year, but I still think his large expiring salary can bring in talent that helps more than he does. For example, I think the Lakers would be better right now had they done the Turner and Hield trade. You can argue the price is too much, but I do think they would be better with that trade.

But, Westbrook is helping the team and isn't actively hurting it anymore. That is a big improvement.

Let’s move him. Unfortunately this team will cave when he’s traded but at least people can’t cry about his contract.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

Max’s growth has been very consistent. An from watching Backstage Lakers the kid has a real thirst for knowledge and is a gym addict. Who better to teach you how to be a pro like Russ, Lebron, AD, Phil Handy ext.

Lonnie is tough I agree he is probably gonna get some big offer elsewhere.

AR15 will hopefully settle for a THT type contract. 3-4 years $8-10 million a season.

Now for TB, not sure what you’re expecting from him? His offensive efficiency is fantastic. Not too many wasted possessions with him. An his mid range is very nice. It truly shows he’s getting his ass whooped in practice by AD and learning from it.
Hopefully he can be our version of Jordan Poole as he showed he is a product of getting his ass whooped in practice by Steph
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Myles Turner.

It won’t be Russ.

Myles is owed 18 mill this season.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Myles Turner.

I doubt it. Turner is not a replacement for AD. Especially for the price to get him, rumored to be 2 unprotected frp's. AND, the cost to keep him, so those picks aren't just a complete loss. I don't think the Lakers need a big name 5. A smaller trade for a serviceable 3/4, imo.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Nobody played a bad game tonight, even Pat Bev. Great win
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:05 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I said it a month ago: you trade Nunn & a 2nd, nothing more.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Rewatching the first half and the injury occurred right after AD made a reverse layup against Jokic.
The 7 minute mark in the 1st quarter.

AD finished the first half. Even sat out on the bench a few times during that stretch. So the foot was able to withstand hot and cold.

Watching him run he looked okay enough where it didn’t look like a major injury. 🙏🏀🙏🏀🙏
My guess and hope it’s just a sprain in his foot.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Rewatching the first half and the injury occurred right after AD made a reverse layup against Jokic.
The 7 minute mark in the 1st quarter.

AD finished the first half. Even sat out on the bench a few times during that stretch. So the foot was able to withstand hot and cold.

Watching him run he looked okay enough where it didn’t look like a major injury. 🙏🏀🙏🏀🙏
My guess and hope it’s just a sprain in his foot.

Unfortunately even a minor mid foot sprain is 2-4 weeks, such a shame with the schedule we have coming up
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:14 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Myles Turner.

It won’t be Russ.

Myles is owed 18 mill this season.

Bev and nunn i believe get it done salary wise; its the draft comp thats the issue. To the poster who said 2 firsts, i believe that was last season. If thats the asker now, no one likely doing that unless they know he signing long term.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Max’s growth has been very consistent. An from watching Backstage Lakers the kid has a real thirst for knowledge and is a gym addict. Who better to teach you how to be a pro like Russ, Lebron, AD, Phil Handy ext.

Lonnie is tough I agree he is probably gonna get some big offer elsewhere.

AR15 will hopefully settle for a THT type contract. 3-4 years $8-10 million a season.

Now for TB, not sure what you’re expecting from him? His offensive efficiency is fantastic. Not too many wasted possessions with him. An his mid range is very nice. It truly shows he’s getting his ass whooped in practice by AD and learning from it.
Hopefully he can be our version of Jordan Poole as he showed he is a product of getting his ass whooped in practice by Steph

I need to see more of TB to make an assessment for me personally.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Myles Turner.

I doubt it. Turner is not a replacement for AD. Especially for the price to get him, rumored to be 2 unprotected frp's. AND, the cost to keep him, so those picks aren't just a complete loss. I don't think the Lakers need a big name 5. A smaller trade for a serviceable 3/4, imo.

Same rumors suggested Lakers were super close to trading russ for myles and buddy as well. For whatever thats worth.
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject:

What happen to walker lately?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16
Jump to: