*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics (12/13/22 @ 7:00 PM PT) Gm#27 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

This team is uniquely designed to yield these kinds of outcomes. I'm telling you, it's like an iron maiden for Lakers fans to the point where I'm starting to question if it's intentional. I wish I was 100% joking.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
This team is uniquely designed to yield these kinds of outcomes. I'm telling you, it's like an iron maiden for Lakers fans to the point where I'm starting to question if it's intentional. I wish I was 100% joking.

I wish you were too but the front office is up to something.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
This was Bron and AD getting us back and no support to finish off Boston.

Russ tried but when in doubt the other team just gives him a 3.

I think Russ had a lot to do with that run as well. Those blocks were awesome to see, but I guess I can’t be mad at him too much for missing wide open 3s(that’s our team’s specialty)

When he came in we made the run. Prior to that the Celtics had their biggest lead. Had Ad made one of those fts we probably win. Probably shouldn’t have had Russ in OT but bron and AD quit.

Quit? Lebron and AD helped sparked that monster comeback, and were dead by the end. It’s not like they had more to give and just didn’t.

We may suck but if the Philly game and this game shows….we are scrappy til the end. No lead is safe against us. We wouldn’t be able to make these comebacks if our leaders were “quitters”

In ot they quit. Ad literally walked to the 3pt line and heaved a brick. They weren’t even in frame it seemed when the others were moving.

Ad fts were what lost.
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:14 pm    Post subject:

AD needs to improve his conditioning. He has gotten fat and look’s totally different than when we got him from New Orleans. Stop the damn seafood boils !!!

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Tbh- our 3 stars had blunders but they played well.

Playing well is pointless if you fall apart in Crunch time.. That's for the Clippers not the Lakers.

Not when you are inferior. We aren’t close to the Celtics. Their guys were coming off a game and managed to dig deep our guys bron and Ad were gassed. Couldn’t muster a few more minutes.

Youth vs age
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

AtlLaker wrote:
AD needs to improve his conditioning. He has gotten fat and look’s totally different than when we got him from New Orleans. Stop the damn seafood boils !!!

Ad is beasting.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:16 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
levon wrote:

I wish you were too but the front office is up to something.

Like it's actually impressive how uniquely and specifically bad the Lakers are. As if someone was running a thought experiment in real life. What if we had 4 guard lineups and two of the best interior forces in the world and they couldn't shoot but just spammed the paint? How far would they get?
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Halflife wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:

Ad is beasting.

His conditioning is trash and he couldn’t come through in the clutch in 2 games now by making a damn free throw.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

AtlLaker wrote:
TDRock wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:
Everyone still falling for the okie doke. I’ll repeat….This is a LOTTERY TEAM !…stop getting your hopes up. Believe everything you see and half of what you believe. They will lose 4 out of the next 5 games based on their schedule.

I want to believe!

And I wake up wanting to believe that I won the lottery the previous night…..

I want to believe that, too!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/arashmarkazi/status/1602905387212021760?s=46&t=hxm5JOkmjRGv3FCHdeNP4g
This is the only Defense Celtics played in the last 4 minutes and OT, which is whoever wants to shoot a 3, go ahead defense.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Well Austin's hair in this post-game interview is comedic relief at least lol
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
This was Bron and AD getting us back and no support to finish off Boston.

Russ tried but when in doubt the other team just gives him a 3.

I think Russ had a lot to do with that run as well. Those blocks were awesome to see, but I guess I can’t be mad at him too much for missing wide open 3s(that’s our team’s specialty)

When he came in we made the run. Prior to that the Celtics had their biggest lead. Had Ad made one of those fts we probably win. Probably shouldn’t have had Russ in OT but bron and AD quit.

Quit? Lebron and AD helped sparked that monster comeback, and were dead by the end. It’s not like they had more to give and just didn’t.

We may suck but if the Philly game and this game shows….we are scrappy til the end. No lead is safe against us. We wouldn’t be able to make these comebacks if our leaders were “quitters”

In ot they quit. Ad literally walked to the 3pt line and heaved a brick. They weren’t even in frame it seemed when the others were moving.

Ad fts were what lost.

The game wasn’t winnable at that point. When youre gassed, not much you can do. Quitting is when u stop playing with the game still in doubt…game was over at that point…and both teams knew it.

You gonna ignore that insane comeback we made? That tells the story of this game WAY more than overtime when we had non functioning legs by then.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject:

It's clear watching this game that we need one or two more pieces at the forward positions, but if we had them, we could be really good.

We're not an old team. In fact, we're a pretty young team overall. It's just that LeBron is almost 38 and needs more offensive support, both in terms of ball-handlers in the open court (which we may have) and 3-point shooters.

Troy Brown Jr. is a zero-impact player. When JTA comes back I'd give him a shot to take Brown's place. But we may need a PF more than we need a SF.

We seem to have the structure to be a very good team, if not a contender. We just don't have enough pieces.
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:23 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
It's clear watching this game that we need one or two more pieces at the forward positions, but if we had them, we could be really good.

We're not an old team. In fact, we're a pretty young team overall. It's just that LeBron is almost 38 and needs more offensive support, both in terms of ball-handlers in the open court (which we may have) and 3-point shooters.

Troy Brown Jr. is a zero-impact player. When JTA comes back I'd give him a shot to take Brown's place. But we may need a PF more than we need a SF.

We seem to have the structure to be a very good team, if not a contender. We just don't have enough pieces.

JTA is hot garbage. This is a lottery team just like last year
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

TNT showed a clip of Boston's coach telling his team that all the Lakers have is "transition and the paint." Shows us how badly we need 3-point shooting at both forward positions.

Even if we got that shooting, we'd still be a better fast-break team than halfcourt team, but at least our halfcourt offense would be serviceable at that point.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

slavavov wrote:
TNT showed a clip of Boston's coach telling his team that all the Lakers have is "transition and the paint." Shows us how badly we need 3-point shooting at both forward positions.

Even if we got it, we'd still be a better fast-break team than halfcourt team, but at least our halfcourt offense would be serviceable at that point.

And Ham sit our best shooter in the 4th and Ot every game. Reaves and walker can keep teams honest at least.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

I agree needing guys but bron has every opportunity to set up better shots even for himself. He loves the deep 3. It doesn’t matter who is on the floor.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Still cant believe AD missed BOTH
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

Halflife wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I agree needing guys but bron has every opportunity to set up better shots even for himself. He loves the deep 3. It doesn’t matter who is on the floor.

LeBron has always settled for 3s when he's tired going back several years. I don't know why Kobe/MJ were still effective when they were tired, but LeBron turns into a pumpkin when he's tired.
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

mad55557777 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Even if we got it, we'd still be a better fast-break team than halfcourt team, but at least our halfcourt offense would be serviceable at that point.

And Ham sit our best shooter in the 4th and Ot every game. Reaves and walker can keep teams honest at least.

Reaves was trash on both ends tonight. He should have been benched
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Dave McMenamin:

Quote:
Illuminating tidbit from @StatsWilliams on the brutal feeling Lakers fans will leave with tonight: It was 2nd time LAL blew a double-digit lead with 5 minutes to go in the 4th Q this season.

The rest of the NBA has done that twice combined this season.

This doesn’t include the 8-point blown lead to the Blazers, of course.

It’s outrageous that the Lakers have as many double-digit blown leads as the 29 other teams combined.

LeBron and Russ are killing the team in the clutch. It would be enough to have 1 player blowing layups, settling for threes, and turning the ball over…but 2 players? The data is quite clear that we are wasting far too many possessions in the clutch (and surely the rest of the game too).

This team needs a big change and it needs it fast. We obviously can’t trade LeBron. I’ve been appreciating Russ’ playmaking, but the Lakers can’t have 2 players who play this carelessly.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:29 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

I guess we saw different things. I thought Brown was good for us especially in the 4th. He was making an impact on defense. And as others have said, JTA is bad.

The PF you're thinking of is Gabriel. The Lakers have been worse since he got hurt.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Portland first time, Philly game, and today versus boston are three games that we should have won.

If Darvin calls a timeout after Grant Williams 3 dropping our lead down 10 we probably win this game. Instead Smart with the momentum changing steal and layup.

Lebron and AD were already gassed at that point playing basically a quarter straight. Fighting to erase Boston’s 20 point lead. A commercial timeout and even sitting Lebron for like an extra minute or so would of done wonders to closing out this game.

Hate to say it but Frank Vogel would have caught on that Lebron year 20 would have needed a recharge at that moment.
Darvin’s been great lately inspiring our team to play hard. Still don’t like the 3 guard lineup with Bev, Dennis, and Lonnie. Should be Troy Brown in there but I’ll still give credit to Coach Ham for this turnaround we are seeing with our Lakers. They are out there competing at least.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I guess we saw different things. I thought Brown was good for us especially in the 4th. He was making an impact on defense. And as others have said, JTA is bad.

The PF you're thinking of is Gabriel. The Lakers have been worse since he got hurt.

I missed Wenny this game for sure.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:31 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Portland first time, Philly game, and today versus boston are three games that we should have won.

If Darvin calls a timeout after Grant Williams 3 dropping our lead down 10 we probably win this game. Instead Smart with the momentum changing steal and layup.

Lebron and AD were already gassed at that point playing basically a quarter straight. Fighting to erase Boston’s 20 point lead. A commercial timeout and even sitting Lebron for like an extra minute or so would of done wonders to closing out this game.

Hate to say it but Frank Vogel would have caught on that Lebron year 20 would have needed a recharge at that moment.
Darvin’s been great lately inspiring our team to play hard. Still don’t like the 3 guard lineup with Bev, Dennis, and Lonnie. Should be Troy Brown in there but I’ll still give credit to Coach Ham for this turnaround we are seeing with our Lakers. They are out there competing at least.

I think Ham, Bron, AD, and Russ are as optimized as can be this year. The rest of this roster outside Reaves and maybe Wenyen is a complete drag.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36
Jump to: