Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:55 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
I'm honestly surprised that this game made it to an OT. The 76'ers looked like they wanted to give us the win. AD and Reaves couldn't get us the win, at the line, unfortunately. But, they gave us another shot, in OT. That's when the spares we put on fell off, after the original wheels had already fallen off earlier.

That OT just showed how poor we are at executing halfcourt offense. Lots of ball dominating by LeBron, and Russ. No player movement. Reaves and AD frozen out, with hardly any touches. LeBron is who he is, so there's no boo hoo'ing over that. I'm not going to blame the coaches for the loss. But, I do blame them for the horrible execution on offense. Rookie head coach.

Sonic, no. That OT just show a tired Lebron trying to do it all by himself. Neither AD, neither Reeves touched the ball. He, there wasn't even iso ball, just 3pt chucking.

I get what you're saying, LBJ and Russ dominated the ball in OT and it cost the game...but Reev3s missed a lay-up and AD missed a 3ptr as well in what was a horrible OT.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Guys, I like Davis, Walker and Reaves.
Everyone else, including Lebron, I don’t mind gone. All of them.

Beverley especially sucks
Schroeder is weak
Jones sucks
JTA was a horrible signing
Nunn is worthless
Brown sucks too!!

I am all in on making trades.
3 losses in a row…the hole continues.
This team is not going anywhere.

Pelinka should be fired!
Jeanie should be fired!
Linda/Kurt should be fired!

Damn them all!!!

Let's please keep Max Christie, too. I like him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject:

LeBron seemingly has played through the motions all season long, his best game so far was against the Bucks, hopefully this isn’t a theme to expect for this season
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
lakerican wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
I'm honestly surprised that this game made it to an OT. The 76'ers looked like they wanted to give us the win. AD and Reaves couldn't get us the win, at the line, unfortunately. But, they gave us another shot, in OT. That's when the spares we put on fell off, after the original wheels had already fallen off earlier.

That OT just showed how poor we are at executing halfcourt offense. Lots of ball dominating by LeBron, and Russ. No player movement. Reaves and AD frozen out, with hardly any touches. LeBron is who he is, so there's no boo hoo'ing over that. I'm not going to blame the coaches for the loss. But, I do blame them for the horrible execution on offense. Rookie head coach.

Sonic, no. That OT just show a tired Lebron trying to do it all by himself. Neither AD, neither Reeves touched the ball. He, there wasn't even iso ball, just 3pt chucking.

I get what you're saying, LBJ and Russ dominated the ball in OT and it cost the game...but Reev3s missed a lay-up and AD missed a 3ptr as well in what was a horrible OT.

In five minutes of play, with multiple possessions on offense, and AD/Reaves get one shot apiece? Make, or miss, that's inexcusable, unless someone else is hot. That wasn't the case.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I really hope the team comes out on Sunday and puts a damper on the Pistons if we somehow lose that game it’s gonna get real ugly
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LeBron seemingly has played through the motions all season long, his best game so far was against the Bucks, hopefully this isn’t a theme to expect for this season

Lebron is a cotton headed ninny muggin.

I don’t care what anyone says! It’s true and time we admit it.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Walker shot 60% from 3 and he did not play a single minute in OT. Brick and pat played
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

Wat you're talking about. AD took that 3 because it was THE FIRST TIME HE TOUCH THE BALL IN OT!!!
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject:

That OT was gross, just looked like old man Russ and LBJ ISO while everyone stood still and AD desperately tried to get open. Call a (bleep) PNR Ham, jesus christ.

Also Russ/Bev has got to be the worst shooting backcourt in NBA history.

Last edited by Don Draper on Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Awww.

Austin visibly upset with himself.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:07 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
lakerican wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

In five minutes of play, with multiple possessions on offense, and AD/Reaves get one shot apiece? Make, or miss, that's inexcusable, unless someone else is hot. That wasn't the case.

True...Reeves and AD were the hot hands and should have gotten the rock...but there was plenty of blame to go around is what I'm saying. Lebron missed two shots, AD turned the ball over and missed a 3ptr, Reev3s missed a lay-up and fouled Harden on a 3ptr. Westbrook was the real culprit going 0-5, he should not have taken that many, 2 missed 3pts, got blocked and two missed 2ptrs.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Walker shot 60% from 3 and he did not play a single minute in OT. Brick and pat played

Not only did WB play instead he went 0-5 in OT, taking more shots that AD/Reev3s/LBJ combined.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Starting backcourt getting outscored 61-13...

0-3 record since switching to Schro/Pat starting

Rotation sucks ass... Too unbalanced with too many small PG.

Reaves and Davis missing crucial FT's in the last 10 seconds to win the game.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:29 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
lakerican wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

Wat you're talking about. AD took that 3 because it was THE FIRST TIME HE TOUCH THE BALL IN OT!!!

Still...Lebron took and missed 2 shots, AD turned the ball over and missed that 3ptr, Reev3s missed a lay-up and had 3 shooting fouls including on a 3ptr, they were all second tier bad...Russ was 1st tier bad and the problem taking 5 of the 10 shots the Lakers took in OT. Well, Russ and Ham, coach should have had Walker in closing instead of WB.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Hmm. Now that I'm hearing AD in the post game interview he's clearly still sick. (Congested cough, nasal-y, sniffly)
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Hmm. Now that I'm hearing AD in the post game interview he's clearly still sick. (Congested cough, nasal-y, sniffly)

Yup no surprise tbh.

Flu season is upon us. An he just had a 101 fever 2 nights ago??...

yeah it really takes at least a week sometimes to fully clear out your system.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject:

AD you can hear is still sick. Played through it tonight and tried to win it for us. Only for LBJ and Russ to never give him the ball in OT to let him continue to dominate Philly. Hero ball by the two people that were the opposite of heroes in the game.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Figured that was the case. It was apparent in his play. Got numbers, but a relatively quiet night for him. I appreciate him playing through the flu/cold, though. He's been a real soldier for us, this season.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject:

To state the obvious and to quote my brother Anth2000,

This roster is just not good enough.

If Darvin is forced to run AD and Lebron the entire quarter 4th scratching and clawing our way back down 17,20 on any night we play a quality team, they won’t last too long.
Moves need to be made for sure!

57 games left........
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
AD you can hear is still sick. Played through it tonight and tried to win it for us. Only for LBJ and Russ to never give him the ball in OT to let him continue to dominate Philly. Hero ball by the two people that were the opposite of heroes in the game.

Lebron took 2 shots in OT... Russ took 5...

Davis and Reaves had a chance to win that game. Both missed 1 FT in the Final 10 seconds.

Russ turned to Ben Simmons and passed up a wide open layup before AD got fouled. Team was already done by OT. Spent too much energy on that come back attempt.

anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:49 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
To state the obvious and to quote my brother Anth2000,

This roster is just not good enough.

If Darvin is forced to run AD and Lebron the entire quarter 4th scratching and clawing our way back down 17,20 on any night we play a quality team, they won’t last too long.
Moves need to be made for sure!

57 games left........

Agree with you, my brother.
I know it’s only one game but man, if we had a better GM and owner, we might be just a couple moves away from being a playoff team.
Get rid of the inept players on the team (Nunn, JTA, Beverley, Jones, etc) and try and get something, anything, to improve this roster.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Yup no surprise tbh.

Flu season is upon us. An he just had a 101 fever 2 nights ago??...

yeah it really takes at least a week sometimes to fully clear out your system.

Werd. Him playing through still being obviously actively sick only makes the fact that he got from frozen out in the OT all the more frustrating.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Appears it just may be time where the Lakers go with the old PHILosophy with Shaq back during the Shaq-Kobe days: He has to touch the ball every possession (caveat - fast break opportunities).

Unclear to me why Reaves is not starting by the way. He's basically very Caruso like, albeit I've not checked whether he as effective as Caruso was with LBJ.

As for LBJ...he just may not realize it is robin time for him, and the man who needs to don the "dark knight" suit from here on out is AD.

Shrug. But what do I know.

EDIT: first sentence in connection with AD
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject:

It’s time to Trade AD while his Value is high. Could you imagine what we could get for him now ?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:37 pm    Post subject:

AtlLaker wrote:
It’s time to Trade AD while his Value is high. Could you imagine what we could get for him now ?

Like what? We need a young stud and picks. No one is giving up a young all star.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23
Jump to: