VOTE to Return LG Topics to Something Meaningful
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do You Like Only "Official" Generic Topics on LG?
I love having player only topics
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
I need actual topics. No more "official" anything
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Meh. I'm indifferent
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 31

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I hope we never evolve to interplanetary travel, because I don’t wish us on other planets. But we digress.

It’s just time before Lakers jerseys start popping up in Ganymede
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:45 pm    Post subject:

I like talking about players in their own threads. I like also having individual things that are more newsworthy. Maybe we could have general commentary in the "official" topic while allowing individual newsworthy stuff that warrants its own thread.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject:

I think it's more organized with dedicated threads than it is with a ton of random stream of thought threads. LG is a lot more organized with these quasi-"Official" threads some people rail against.

Nonetheless it's all pretty pointless IMO, if you want to create your own thread you can on LG, and if people participate in a positive manner well good happy to see it. By the same token if nobody's interested in your brilliant observation that warrants it's own thread or if it's a rude take that turns into a (bleep) show and gets taken down don't get butt hurt about it.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
I hope we never evolve to interplanetary travel, because I don’t wish us on other planets. But we digress.

It’s just time before Lakers jerseys start popping up in Ganymede

I'm sorry break this to you but it's going to be a LONG time before any team from Ganymede beats a team from Callisto.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
The mods have explained why they do this. In fact, they have explained it many times.

The problem has always been that there are a lot of people who have an unoriginal, juvenile, or emotional opinion and who feel that it is they are entitled to start a new thread to express themselves. These people will tell you that their magnificent and important thoughts would just get lost in one of the general threads. Oh, no, they MUST have their own thread for whatever pops into their so-called brains!

So when Austin Reaves has a big game like he did last night, we'd get five or ten threads raving about him. This actually happened in the old days. You've been here long enough to remember it. Or we would get a daily thread or two about how Pelinka sucks, or how Ham sucks, or about how we should trade Westbrook for (insert names).

The general threads may not be ideal, but they keep the forum readable. The first 20 or so threads on the first page of the forum are the most valuable "real estate" on the site. If it is constantly filled with ego posts (i.e., "my thoughts are too important to be mixed with the thoughts of lesser posters"), the prime real estate is covered with billboards, graffiti, and squatters.

I definitely see the point in bold. Present company excepted, the average basketball intelligence in this place is near zero.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: