TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James (left adductor strain) is ruled out tonight against the Phoenix Suns.

Wonder if he had a setback because he was pretty close to playing a couple of games ago.

Maybe he’s just being LePassiveAggressiveGM until the Lakers trade 2 FRPs for Kyrie or Buddy/Myles

Heard on radio that he hasn't done full contact in practice yet so sounds like it's just a matter of timetable

That’s a bs excuse imo because he went through warmups couple of games ago and was a game time decision.

Well no it's like that I was saying the other day that they said he had no contact practice which usually means that a player is not gonna go because basketball is not a no contact sport. Instead ever since then they've been playing this he's close but he's not ready but he's close but he's not ready but he's close but he's not ready game.

As someone who is older to me that speaks more to age and folks - probably including Bron himself - trying to deny it. Because that's the main thing about getting older is you can still do most of the stuff you used to do if you take care of yourself, but the recovery time is like whoa lol.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject:

As bummed as I am that Bron is now old af and always injured, I'm actually really interested in what we look like tonight.

Suns are missing a few pieces, but they've still played well in their absence. How well are we able to feed AD against a good team?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
As bummed as I am that Bron is now old af and always injured, I'm actually really interested in what we look like tonight.

Suns are missing a few pieces, but they've still played well in their absence. How well are we able to feed AD against a good team?

Austin 'Luka-esque' Reaves
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James (left adductor strain) is ruled out tonight against the Phoenix Suns.

Wonder if he had a setback because he was pretty close to playing a couple of games ago.

Maybe he’s just being LePassiveAggressiveGM until the Lakers trade 2 FRPs for Kyrie or Buddy/Myles

Heard on radio that he hasn't done full contact in practice yet so sounds like it's just a matter of timetable

That’s a bs excuse imo because he went through warmups couple of games ago and was a game time decision.

Well no it's like that I was saying the other day that they said he had no contact practice which usually means that a player is not gonna go because basketball is not a no contact sport. Instead ever since then they've been playing this he's close but he's not ready but he's close but he's not ready but he's close but he's not ready game.

As someone who is older to me that speaks more to age and folks - probably including Bron himself - trying to deny it. Because that's the main thing about getting older is you can still do most of the stuff you used to do if you take care of yourself, but the recovery time is like whoa lol.

If that’s the case, then why say he’s a game time decision?

The reasoning would be “he’s out until we can get him into a full contact practice” like Vogel used to say

Edit: I think I figured it out…Lebron is in Saudi seeing how he can get in on investing on national soccer team after they upset Argentina
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/kobehighlight/status/1592907836816003073?s=61&t=0xKsY5jShfRO_P6F-n4Hyg
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

This game would have been tough even if LeBron was playing so I’m okay with him sitting out, it’s better for him to at least play in 1 of the Spurs road games.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject:

Juan Toscano-Anderson has been downgraded to OUT tonight against the Suns

https://twitter.com/danwoikesports/status/1595134725827756032?s=46&t=-kTLcw5aP5dA9WZORL3elw
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Austin 'Luka-esque' Reaves

Reaves is better. He can shoot threes.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:49 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
This game would have been tough even if LeBron was playing so I’m okay with him sitting out, it’s better for him to at least play in 1 of the Spurs road games.

No, we need to go all out on this game to see if we're a contender. If ur gonna rest Bron, then might as well rest AD and call it a season. We need all-star Bron and MVP AD and see where we're at as a team.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:53 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No, we need to go all out on this game to see if we're a contender. If ur gonna rest Bron, then might as well rest AD and call it a season. We need all-star Bron and MVP AD and see where we're at as a team.

Ham seems to think it makes sense to ease LeBron back, as long as we don’t lose by 25-30 tonight against the Suns and we compete I would be happy.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I mean if you are LBJ you probably want to come back against the Spurs rather than the Suns.

Don't want to add any more fuel to the narrative that they lose when you are playing and win when you aren't.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakers being 14th in the WC standings despite a winning streak just shows what a disastrous start we had to the season and all it takes is a 4-5 game losing streak and we will be back to square 1 wondering what Pelinka should do.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakers being 14th in the WC standings despite a winning streak just shows what a disastrous start we had to the season and all it takes is a 4-5 game losing streak and we will be back to square 1 wondering what Pelinka should do.

We need trades of course!!! Trades all day everyday right??
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Get ready for the calls of firings and trades once you see the schedule after Nov 28th. I predicted us losing 13-14 straight games starting Nov 28th. December will be ugly
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject:

AtlLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Get ready for the calls of firings and trades once you see the schedule after Nov 28th. I predicted us losing 13-14 straight games starting Nov 28th. December will be ugly

As it stands, I think the field is basically set outside of Jazz and Blazers.

They will decide if they want to tank or go for a playoff/play-in spot.

We know the Warriors will get one of those spots so that leaves the Lakers chasing that 1 spot.

There is an outside chance Minnesota implodes, but I doubt the top 10 change much outside of GS in and one of Blazers/Jazz out.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject:

I think the Suns will shut down the paint and make the Lakers
try to bet them jumper Vs jumper...

We'll see....
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Didn't AD kill the Suns in 2021? I think we have a shot here if he can put up 35.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject:

GIVE THE KEYS TO AD
LET'S GO LAKERS
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject:

They're gonna make the lakers run up and down. AD's gotta be ready for that.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
AtlLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

As it stands, I think the field is basically set outside of Jazz and Blazers.

They will decide if they want to tank or go for a playoff/play-in spot.

We know the Warriors will get one of those spots so that leaves the Lakers chasing that 1 spot.

There is an outside chance Minnesota implodes, but I doubt the top 10 change much outside of GS in and one of Blazers/Jazz out.

It’s either gonna be AD and LeBron being otherworldly for us to go on a crazy run to put us in position to make it or a big trade that changes our season around, I would go with the latter option, don’t feel confident about the AD and LeBron experiment since we already saw what they did earlier in the season together.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject:

I want to see AD abuse Ayton so badly that they'd have to call in animal control.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

If that’s the case, then why say he’s a game time decision?

The reasoning would be “he’s out until we can get him into a full contact practice” like Vogel used to say

Edit: I think I figured it out…Lebron is in Saudi seeing how he can get in on investing on national soccer team after they upset Argentina

I get that people are trying to spin this based on how they feel about LeBron but it's not complicated. A game time decision means a decision won't be reached until right before game time. And right before game time LeBron just didn't feel well enough to play. That was one of the two possible outcomes we were expecting. I doubt it's more complicated than that
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Not sure who has been a bigger disappointment between Beverly and JTA, Tuscano was bought here to be a great energy guy but his play hasn’t really rubbed off on the team, Beverly is making large salary but he’s playing like he makes the veterans minimum.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Never really seemed in doubt, but the Lakers announce Anthony Davis is playing tonight against Phoenix.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1595242363944808448?s=46&t=jlM24Mt2TGlqun4yO-goag

Lakers sticking with their 3-0 starting lineup: AD, Troy Brown, Lonnie Walker, Austin Reaves, Pat Beverley.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1595243959743193090?s=46&t=jlM24Mt2TGlqun4yO-goag
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Bev did a stellar job on Booker in the 2021 playoffs. Like an absolute fantastic job. Look for him to guard Booker. Lets see if Bev is up for it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18
Jump to: