Lakers 2022-23 Lineup talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 1037

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject:

21 teams have 3-5 minimum salary players...3 teams have 7 or more. The Lakers have 9...that's why we're losing...and will continue to lose this year because the focus in on resetting the repeater tax penalty instead of upgrading the roster to get out of embarrassment.

We win 15-20 games this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 1037

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:12 pm    Post subject:

AD, LBJ, TBjr, Walker, WB off the bench and Reeves off the bench...good group of six. Can Bryant and Schroeder give us a decent 8 man rotation?

Bryant
AD
LBJ TBjr
Walker Reeves
Schroeder WB

Still need another 6'8" or taller player
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2017
Posts: 2299

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
AD, LBJ, TBjr, Walker, WB off the bench and Reeves off the bench...good group of six. Can Bryant and Schroeder give us a decent 8 man rotation?

Bryant
AD
LBJ TBjr
Walker Reeves
Schroeder WB

Still need another 6'8" or taller player


Damn i wish we could trade Beverley, Jones for a wing. Then sign Cousins and you got solid rotation
_________________
48 49 50 52 53 54 72 80 82
85 87 88 00 01 02 09 10 20

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8102

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
AD, LBJ, TBjr, Walker, WB off the bench and Reeves off the bench...good group of six. Can Bryant and Schroeder give us a decent 8 man rotation?

Bryant
AD
LBJ TBjr
Walker Reeves
Schroeder WB

Still need another 6'8" or taller player


Damn i wish we could trade Beverley, Jones for a wing. Then sign Cousins and you got solid rotation


I agree.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖

Gimme Lauri, Vanderbilt, Richardson, Kuzma
https://i.imgur.com/MteQ7hg.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 10483

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
AD, LBJ, TBjr, Walker, WB off the bench and Reeves off the bench...good group of six. Can Bryant and Schroeder give us a decent 8 man rotation?

Bryant
AD
LBJ TBjr
Walker Reeves
Schroeder WB

Still need another 6'8" or taller player


Damn i wish we could trade Beverley, Jones for a wing. Then sign Cousins and you got solid rotation


3 balls seem to die for LAL, but Beverly should move closer to his 37.6 career average, even 35% on less shots is welcomed. Can't sell low, and Jones won't fetch much.

LBJ and AD's best positions may be PF but gotta maximize their 2 man game. Really need to stay afloat till the deadline and hope someone buys out a 3/4 or a tanker swaps one for an expiring and a 2nd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 1083

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:25 pm    Post subject:

This unit should be on the court to close out every close game.
And they need to continue playing with pace, not stall ball.

LBJ
AD
Walker
Reeves
Westbrook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8102

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:29 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
This unit should be on the court to close out every close game.
And they need to continue playing with pace, not stall ball.

LBJ
AD
Walker
Reeves
Westbrook


Naw. It's gotta be Troy in for Russ.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖

Gimme Lauri, Vanderbilt, Richardson, Kuzma
https://i.imgur.com/MteQ7hg.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Posts: 3003

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
This unit should be on the court to close out every close game.
And they need to continue playing with pace, not stall ball.

LBJ
AD
Walker
Reeves
Westbrook


Naw. It's gotta be Troy in for Russ.

There’s situations where Russ can close (ie if he’s playing well and/or if LW4 can’t buy a bucket), but yeah, ideally you’d have TBJ/LW4/Reaves as the 1 through 3)
_________________
#18 next...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 1037

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:02 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
epic_ wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
This unit should be on the court to close out every close game.
And they need to continue playing with pace, not stall ball.

LBJ
AD
Walker
Reeves
Westbrook


Naw. It's gotta be Troy in for Russ.

There’s situations where Russ can close (ie if he’s playing well and/or if LW4 can’t buy a bucket), but yeah, ideally you’d have TBJ/LW4/Reaves as the 1 through 3)


Agree, I like the size much better for TBJ/LW4/Reeves to close with LBJ/AD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8102

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:51 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
epic_ wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
This unit should be on the court to close out every close game.
And they need to continue playing with pace, not stall ball.

LBJ
AD
Walker
Reeves
Westbrook


Naw. It's gotta be Troy in for Russ.

There’s situations where Russ can close (ie if he’s playing well and/or if LW4 can’t buy a bucket), but yeah, ideally you’d have TBJ/LW4/Reaves as the 1 through 3)


Agree, I like the size much better for TBJ/LW4/Reeves to close with LBJ/AD


If Russ closes, teams will do what Portland did the last game (what the Lakers did to Houston in the playoffs) and have a big guard Russ and pack the paint and dare him to shoot from the outside.

Which also limits driving lanes for Bron and AD. We've seen how ugly that can get.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖

Gimme Lauri, Vanderbilt, Richardson, Kuzma
https://i.imgur.com/MteQ7hg.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 22391

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:07 am    Post subject:

Don’t know about the 1st unit but our 2nd is solid

WB-Nunn/Reaves-JTA-Wenyen-Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 9837

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject:

AD, Gabriel
LeBron, JTA
Brown Jr, Reaves
Walker, Nunn
Beverly, Russ

It'l be interesting to see how Dennis is incorporated into the group but as of now, it feels like that's what will work best for this team - sans trade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 22391

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
AD, Gabriel
LeBron, JTA
Brown Jr, Reaves
Walker, Nunn
Beverly, Russ

It'l be interesting to see how Dennis is incorporated into the group but as of now, it feels like that's what will work best for this team - sans trade.

DS would take PatBev spot
Bryant would take Gabriel
Assuming they’re healthy
Then JTA can also cover the big wing with Brown
Jones-Gabriel backing up the bigs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 1037

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:52 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
2019 wrote:
AD, Gabriel
LeBron, JTA
Brown Jr, Reaves
Walker, Nunn
Beverly, Russ

It'l be interesting to see how Dennis is incorporated into the group but as of now, it feels like that's what will work best for this team - sans trade.

DS would take PatBev spot
Bryant would take Gabriel
Assuming they’re healthy
Then JTA can also cover the big wing with Brown
Jones-Gabriel backing up the bigs


Yea…think it will be for most of the season:
AD Bryant
LBJ Gabriel
TBjr JTA
Walker Reeves
Shroeder WB

Bev Nunn may fall outside of meaningful rotation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2003
Posts: 3205
Location: Space City

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
governator wrote:
2019 wrote:
AD, Gabriel
LeBron, JTA
Brown Jr, Reaves
Walker, Nunn
Beverly, Russ

It'l be interesting to see how Dennis is incorporated into the group but as of now, it feels like that's what will work best for this team - sans trade.

DS would take PatBev spot
Bryant would take Gabriel
Assuming they’re healthy
Then JTA can also cover the big wing with Brown
Jones-Gabriel backing up the bigs


Yea…think it will be for most of the season:
AD Bryant
LBJ Gabriel
TBjr JTA
Walker Reeves
Shroeder WB

Bev Nunn may fall outside of meaningful rotation.


Which is about 20 mil in expiring salary.
Attached a first rounder and you can get a very nice rotation big…outta Indiana.
Just need to wait.
_________________
S.O.S.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 1037

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
governator wrote:
2019 wrote:
AD, Gabriel
LeBron, JTA
Brown Jr, Reaves
Walker, Nunn
Beverly, Russ

It'l be interesting to see how Dennis is incorporated into the group but as of now, it feels like that's what will work best for this team - sans trade.

DS would take PatBev spot
Bryant would take Gabriel
Assuming they’re healthy
Then JTA can also cover the big wing with Brown
Jones-Gabriel backing up the bigs


Yea…think it will be for most of the season:
AD Bryant
LBJ Gabriel
TBjr JTA
Walker Reeves
Shroeder WB

Bev Nunn may fall outside of meaningful rotation.


Which is about 20 mil in expiring salary.
Attached a first rounder and you can get a very nice rotation big…outta Indiana.
Just need to wait.


Would be a nice move but wait for what? Do it! Now! That big moves AD to PF…preferred, and moves TBjr to the bench…preferred. We still would need 3pt shooting, wings, a proven SG and hope that Schroeder could perform like a starting PG.

Turner Bryant
AD Gabriel
LBJ TBjr
Walker Reeves
Schroeder WB

Unless…would Charlotte go for this?
Rozier/Hayward/Washington for WB/Christie + FRP + 2ndRP?

Turner/Bryant/Jones
AD/Washington/Gabriel
LBJ/JTA/Ryan
Hayward/Walker/TBjr
Rozier/Schroeder/Reeves
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 4974

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
governator wrote:
2019 wrote:
AD, Gabriel
LeBron, JTA
Brown Jr, Reaves
Walker, Nunn
Beverly, Russ

It'l be interesting to see how Dennis is incorporated into the group but as of now, it feels like that's what will work best for this team - sans trade.

DS would take PatBev spot
Bryant would take Gabriel
Assuming they’re healthy
Then JTA can also cover the big wing with Brown
Jones-Gabriel backing up the bigs


Yea…think it will be for most of the season:
AD Bryant
LBJ Gabriel
TBjr JTA
Walker Reeves
Shroeder WB

Bev Nunn may fall outside of meaningful rotation.


I’d like to see how this team plays fully healthy before making a trade. This rotation you posted is very interesting.
_________________
Well...we got boogie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 35941

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:58 am    Post subject:

When Bryant comes back, I would love to see

Reaves
Ryan
Legramps
Davis
Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 22545

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:03 am    Post subject:

I will say, I’m glad to see Troy Brown Jr playing and actually doing decently so far.

I liked him a lot on the Wizards, and think he has shown a lot of flashes of being a TJ Warren like scorer. Hope he can keep it up and become a good contributor. Him and Thomas Bryant were my favorite signings.
_________________
Dennis Schroder: https://media.tenor.com/images/3c15249955860a4b16b59e8ae035fb75/tenor.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 4974

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

AD/Thomas
Lebron/JTA (gabriel)
Brown/reaves (Beverly)
Walker/Nunn (Beverly)
Shroeder/Westbrook

Look at that athleticism in the starting lineup 😳

We may be on to something 🤔

Gotta find a way to get nunn going. I wonder if he’s hurt
_________________
Well...we got boogie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 22545

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
AD/Thomas
Lebron/JTA (gabriel)
Brown/reaves (Beverly)
Walker/Nunn (Beverly)
Shroeder/Westbrook

Look at that athleticism in the starting lineup 😳

We may be on to something 🤔

Gotta find a way to get nunn going. I wonder if he’s hurt


Gut tells me Ham won’t ever have Beverly come off the bench, even though Beverly has not shown a single game why he deserves to be a starter.
_________________
Dennis Schroder: https://media.tenor.com/images/3c15249955860a4b16b59e8ae035fb75/tenor.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 1037

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
AD/Thomas
Lebron/JTA (gabriel)
Brown/reaves (Beverly)
Walker/Nunn (Beverly)
Shroeder/Westbrook

Look at that athleticism in the starting lineup 😳

We may be on to something 🤔

Gotta find a way to get nunn going. I wonder if he’s hurt


Decent lineup but I'm concerned about relying on so many unproven players to perform better than their averages last year as a plan "A". Sure if we find someone that exceeds expectations that would be a bonus but I can't trust a plan "A" with:

Schroeder starting at PG...has to perform better as starter, would serve us better if making the team deep at PG off the bench
Walker starting at SG...has shown ability to get to the rim this year but horrible 3pt shooting so would be more effective off the bench
TBjr starting at SF...this is a push at best forced by a flawed roster construction, definitely NOT best as a starter, would be a pleasant surprise contributing off the bench.

I don't want to count on a "surprise" as a plan "A". I want to have a team where if people just did what they did last year we would be in a position to win.

Bev+Nunn = Turner
WB = Hayward + Rozier

use both FRPs and two 2ndRPs

8-man core
Turner/Bryant
AD
LBJ
Hayward/Walker
Rozier/Schroeder

Rotation
Reeves/TBjr/Gabriel/JTA

DNP-CDs unless emergency
Jones/Ryan/Christie

I would try to get Charlotte to include either Oubre or Washington by adding Christie but that may be a pipe dream...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Oct 2020
Posts: 1243

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
When Bryant comes back, I would love to see

Reaves
Ryan
Legramps
Davis
Bryant


This line up is stats certified


reeves 45+ from 3
Ryan burning the nets at 55+ from 3
Bryant can stretch the floor

Offense would be extremely clean
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Oct 2020
Posts: 1243

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Reaves and Ryan carrying this team as far as role players
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2017
Posts: 2299

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Monstars got James again damn it
_________________
48 49 50 52 53 54 72 80 82
85 87 88 00 01 02 09 10 20

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB