What if we treated Plaschke like he treats Westbrook?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject: What if we treated Plaschke like he treats Westbrook?

Questions for the LA Times Publisher:

"Considering Plaschke's "Me-First" attitude, is he bad for the paper's morale?"

"Is Plaschke's poor percentage of predictions a problem for your operation?"

"Can you guarantee that Plaschke will still be writing hit pieces by the end of the NBA season?"

"We know you have many Pulitzer Prizes hanging from your rafters, but does it bother you to be perceived as a second-tier paper with diminishing credibility?"

"Plaschke says he doesn't care what anybody thinks about him, that he's going to continue churning out columns every day like a professional, but are you going to just stick with him regardless of his tendency to double drivel?

"Do you think Plaschke is a cancer to your organization? Why won't you level with us?"

We demand answers!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject:

He's been annoying since the late 80s.
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ– #18!!!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Turned out he was the voice I didn't recognize during Media Day that was asking the ridiculous, slanted question to both Pelinka/Ham and Russ.

Pelinka/Ham - You're "all in" on Russ, but is he all in on YOU?

Russ: You're "all in" on the Lakers, but are they all in on YOU?

come on man...
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Read this misspelling compilation I found on reddit!!!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Turned out he was the voice I didn't recognize during Media Day that was asking the ridiculous, slanted question to both Pelinka/Ham and Russ.

come on man...

I didn't watch the Westbrook session, but you've got the question to Pelinka backwards. The question almost exactly at the 10:00 mark. I thought it was a great question. I think Plaschke is a jackass, but I appreciate someone in the media just going right ahead and addressing the elephant in the room. He gets a really good answer from Pelinka, too. Pelinka talks for almost three minutes.

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
TDRock wrote:
epic_ wrote:

come on man...

I didn't watch the Westbrook session, but you've got the question to Pelinka backwards. The question almost exactly at the 10:00 mark. I thought it was a great question. I think Plaschke is a jackass, but I appreciate someone in the media just going right ahead and addressing the elephant in the room. He gets a really good answer from Pelinka, too. Pelinka talks for almost three minutes.

No I didn't remember it exactly, I didn't feel like going back to look. But I did feel like asking Rob the question and then asking Russ the reverse of the question was pretty weak. And honestly, although Rob handled it well, it did think it was a "GOTCHA" journalism type of question.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:19 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
TDRock wrote:
epic_ wrote:

come on man...

Pelinka likes to talk. that may be his talent.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
No I didn't remember it exactly, I didn't feel like going back to look. But I did feel like asking Rob the question and then asking Russ the reverse of the question was pretty weak. And honestly, although Rob handled it well, it did think it was a "GOTCHA" journalism type of question.

That's fine. I don't have much use for softball questions at these sorts of events.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

I donโ€™t know if you really can have a โ€œgotchaโ€ question at a press conference.

Everyone involved knows or should know the potential questions that are coming their way.

The only difference is whether the questions are going to be asked in a softball way or a hard way.

Personally, I would rather have reporters ask tough questions. That said, I don't bother watching these types of media events myself. I think they are a waste of time.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject:

My favorite Plaschke moment is in 2001 when he wrote Los Angeles had officially become a "UCLA town" after Pete Carroll's first season at SC, which was immediately followed by one of the greatest runs in college football history.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I donโ€™t know if you really can have a โ€œgotchaโ€ question at a press conference.

Everyone involved knows or should know the potential questions that are coming their way.

The only difference is whether the questions are going to be asked in a softball way or a hard way.

Personally, I would rather have reporters ask tough questions. That said, I don't bother watching these types of media events myself. I think they are a waste of time.

I'm fine with tough questions/realness. Plaschke always comes across as antagonistic IMO. I'm just not into it.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

He is mean and really not that good a sports reporting. Yet, he still gets run. In pro sports he would have been released long ago.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: