Media day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Darvin Ham on if Russell Westbrook is a definitive starter: “We’re a ways away. We have several options.”

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Darvin Ham on if Russell Westbrook is a definitive starter: “We’re a ways away. We have several options.”

For real. And he kept doubling down on If You Do Not Play Defense, You Will Not Get Minutes
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:37 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

For real. And he kept doubling down on If You Do Not Play Defense, You Will Not Get Minutes

What if none of the guards play defense? Does he then settle for the "least undesirable", which usually defaults to Westbrick since he is making $47M afterall?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:41 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

What if none of the guards play defense? Does he then settle for the "least undesirable", which usually defaults to Westbrick since he is making $47M afterall?

Let me put it this way, when he was asked if Westbrook was going to start and Darvin replied about "several options" he listed damn near everybody on the team as someone who could potentially play if WB doesn't step it up on that side. I think he listed you as an option so stay ready. lol
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject:

But there's never any danger of PatBev not playing defense, and Schrö can be quite aggressive defensively too, as can Austin who seems to have bulked up a little over the summer.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Let me put it this way, when he was asked if Westbrook was going to start and Darvin replied about "several options" he listed damn near everybody on the team as someone who could potentially play if WB doesn't step it up on that side. I think he listed you as an option so stay ready. lol

So what happened last year then? Did no other guards put in the effort defensively that Vogel had to start Brick every game? My point is that what if "the other options" were just as bad or worse than Brick? Is Ham just screwed just like Vogel then?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:58 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

So what happened last year then? Did no other guards put in the effort defensively that Vogel had to start Brick every game? My point is that what if "the other options" were just as bad or worse than Brick?

Well first thought that comes to mind is the personnel is different this year.
PakaLOLO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject:

Pat bev is a legend. 😂😂😂
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:38 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

LOL
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject:

I’m glad I have fire stick. I’m watching spectrum LA in New York lol
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:16 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Did he list me as an option?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject:

PakaLOLO wrote:
Pat bev is a legend. 😂😂😂

"I like the Clippers. I like the Clippers a lot," Beverley said. "I don't know about the Lakers... Coaching, we don't know who their coach is - so the dynamic of them I don't know yet." Beverley finished his answer with more praise for his former team, saying, "I like the Clippers. I like what they did with Norman Powell, they did with Rob Covington, able to keep Reggie Jackson, able to keep Luke Kennard, Marcus Morris."

-----Pat Beverly, 2022

I wouldn't call him a legend, and I wouldn't call him committed to being a Laker.
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
What if none of the guards play defense?

If All of them do, we should be tireless on D in the guard positions. They could be aggressive all game there, having so many more of them on hand!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

How u do that? U need an LA account?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
TDRock wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Did he list me as an option?

He said suit up!
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Are you seriously asking that when PatBev is one of our guards?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:30 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Yup.

Bev is an elite defend and for sure starter. Reaves is a good defender. Dennis is a pesky defender. Walker has shown flashes of good D and no D. Nunn, I have no idea what to expect. So if Russ' line of thinking is the same as OP, he's going to get easily replaced.

I don't know how successful Ham will be but I do know he's played this whole Russ thing perfectly. Made him wanted, built rapport, gave praise, installed confidence but also is letting it be known loudly the nothing is promised.

I still think starting 5/rotation is:

Jones, Bryant
AD, JTA
LeBron, Reaves, Walker
Russ, Nunn,
Beverly, Dennis

Rest of guys don't probably get mins.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
gng930 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Yup.

Bev is an elite defend and for sure starter. Reaves is a good defender. Dennis is a pesky defender. Walker has shown flashes of good D and no D. Nunn, I have no idea what to expect. So if Russ' line of thinking is the same as OP, he's going to get easily replaced.

I don't know how successful Ham will be but I do know he's played this whole Russ thing perfectly. Made him wanted, built rapport, gave praise, installed confidence but also is letting it be known loudly the nothing is promised.

I still think starting 5/rotation is:

Jones, Bryant
AD, JTA
LeBron, Reaves, Walker
Russ, Nunn,
Beverly, Dennis

Rest of guys don't probably get mins.

11 is too many people IMO.

I think we go

Jones or Bryant
AD/JTA
LeBron/Reaves
Bev/Walker
Russ/Schroder

Nunn, Christie, Gabriel, Brown and one of Jones or Bryant on the pine. Nunn might play spot minutes here and there but I'm guessing they are going to bring him back up to speed slowly. I can't see him getting a lot of minutes to start off.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:
Not to be a debbie downer to those excited about this season, but I can't bring myself to get excited about this season or this roster. I usually get excited around this time of the year, but so far I get a meh feeling about this year.

Our shooting is going to be so freaking bad..

Many more of us relate to you than you might realize.
It's simply because we realize that we have no chance at a ring as the team is currently contructed, and collectively we don't expect more than a few highlights until that brutal reality is made clear.

Our consolation is that we at least get to watch some basketball.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject:

I remember being pumped on media day when we signed MozDeng too.....................
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Are they going to wear that #6 on the jersey for the rest of the season?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Car54 wrote:

How u do that? U need an LA account?

I have over 5000 channels that includes local channels all over the US
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:57 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Pelinka says Nunn has been cleared for contact drills. Dennis will be late to camp due to visa issues. Lonnie Walker has an ankle issue and Troy Brown has a back issue that will limit them to start camp.

Lakers General Hospital, The next season
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Around 3 min PB says if he choose the best friend among the Lakers, it would be WB

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/vinouncorked/status/1574458382525894661?s=46&t=q12bH4XReYgkkRIvOCPDbA

First thing I noticed too.

Heh. I'm not buying it.. yet.

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1574456827772866561

Look at their feet.
They're not gonna get any closer w/o their feet touching.

E, the internet sleuths have done a side by side comparison. They were touching last season!

https://twitter.com/sbnation/status/1574535006445150209?s=46&t=WJTCkSjUW6jYkNPHmEu2kw
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: