Eliza Fletcher case
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:29 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Hope they find her, but sadly, the one detail that makes things look pretty bad is that the suspect was cleaning out the back of his car and his clothes when he got back. Horrible story.

I've watched enough crime shows that when the perp is cleaning their car or home with household cleaning supplies that something really bad happened to cause them to perform that action.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Hope they find her, but sadly, the one detail that makes things look pretty bad is that the suspect was cleaning out the back of his car and his clothes when he got back. Horrible story.

I've watched enough crime shows that when the perp is cleaning their car or home with household cleaning supplies that something really bad happened to cause them to perform that action.

To be fair, most or all of those shows involve a murder. They don’t really profile the cases that don’t end in murder.

For instance, they called it: “48 HR Murder Mystery”

I think all Forensic Files are murder cases.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:38 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

To be fair, most or all of those shows involve a murder. They don’t really profile the cases that don’t end in murder.

Ken could've added

1. Recorded on CCTV having abducted a human
2. Arrested and abducted human nowhere to be found
3. ^^Someone cleaning vehicle or home with cleaning supplies

*Body found near home?

Betting this woman had taken self defense classes and felt she was safe enough .. but why 4:30am... and most likely a routine...

My Heart doesn't want to think this human chose to do this all on their own and just murdered the person like they meant nothing - but doesn't want to imagine her husband or someone else hated her this much and hired someone .. (bleep) my feelings GRRR..

*And why don't the police say they found a
Male or Female body of approximate age... - Not seen in any writings.. if in video I did not watch..
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

A few of them are cases about food- or waterborne pathogens that resulted in deaths, but not in the particular cases they displayed. EG one on an E. coli infection to a kid that nearly killed him (at a campout, he accidentally put a raw piece of hamburger into his mouth, chewed it and spat it out, but damage was done). That case was from 1993 and was linked to the publicized deaths of kids from tainted hamburger meat at Wendy's. But they maybe did a handful of those at most.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:36 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

A few of them are cases about food- or waterborne pathogens that resulted in deaths, but not in the particular cases they displayed. EG one on an E. coli infection to a kid that nearly killed him (at a campout, he accidentally put a raw piece of hamburger into his mouth, chewed it and spat it out, but damage was done). That case was from 1993 and was linked to the publicized deaths of kids from tainted hamburger meat at Wendy's. But they maybe did a handful of those at most.

Yeah I remember those yup
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
FOX13 Memphis
@FOX13Memphis

BREAKING: Multiple sources tell FOX13 that the body found Monday in South Memphis is that of Eliza Fletcher, 34.

http://fox13.tv/3RiA15u
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:01 am    Post subject:

Possible connection/motive:

22 years ago, Cleotha Abston kidnapped an attorney: Kemper Durand.

Kemper Durand worked at the same law firm as Eliza fletcher’s uncle.

Random coincidence or meaningful connection? An FBI agent thinks it’s definitely a meaningful connection.

Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nlv3hFvnIg

——————

I looked it up. Durand used to work for Lewis Thomason.

There’s an uncle named Michael Keeney.

There’s also a Michael Keeney working at Lewis Thomason: https://www.lewisthomason.com/attorney/michael-e-keeney/

And I think this was the uncle who read the family statement to the public: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VsGycD6YR5U

————————

Quote:
- Keeney serves on the board of directors for Orgill, Inc.

- Mike is married to the former Anne Orgill and has two daughters.

So Keeney is involved with the family business. He’s not a true Orgill, he married into it.

—————————

If it’s a random coincidence, then Memphis must be really small.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:51 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Possible connection/motive:

22 years ago, Cleotha Abston kidnapped an attorney: Kemper Durand.

Kemper Durand worked at the same law firm as Eliza fletcher’s uncle.

Random coincidence or meaningful connection? An FBI agent thinks it’s definitely a meaningful connection.

Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nlv3hFvnIg

——————

I looked it up. Durand used to work for Lewis Thomason.

There’s an uncle named Michael Keeney.

There’s also a Michael Keeney working at Lewis Thomason: https://www.lewisthomason.com/attorney/michael-e-keeney/

And I think this was the uncle who read the family statement to the public: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VsGycD6YR5U

————————

Quote:
- Keeney serves on the board of directors for Orgill, Inc.

- Mike is married to the former Anne Orgill and has two daughters.

So Keeney is involved with the family business. He’s not a true Orgill, he married into it.

—————————

If it’s a random coincidence, then Memphis must be really small.

I believe Cleotah Abston was hired to murder this woman and I have a feeling a family member is involved.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
I believe Cleotah Abston was hired to murder this woman and I have a feeling a family member is involved.

Yeah, when there's billions dollars at stake, anything's possible.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Yeah. It's sad. May she RIP. Hope it was a quick death without too much suffering.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Some coen brothers ish
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Awful that people are attacked, killed and discarded like pieces of trash.

All the talk that this was somehow linked to her family is nonsense also.

Memphis is a true crap hole, one of the most dangerous cities in the country per capital for sure.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

So, why was she murdered? I have my theories and leanings on motive, but the 430AM thing (suspect in right place at right time) implies maybe he was laying in wait for when he knew she'd jog by, but the flip flops implies a halfassed, unexpected opportunity. Were he a serious kidnapper why would he wear that and then LEAVE em there for DNA to get collected? I know circumstantial kidnappings and the like happen, but from other cases, it seems that the majority of kidnappers have taken care to plan and prep a lot of things beforehand so they don't get caught, even if the kidnap-ee happens to come along unexpectedly.

These creeps often have the notion of what to do or equipment even IF they do happen to find a victim they weren't expecting to be there. That's seen in cases involving both young and older victims, majority of the time it seems (to me, at least). That's predominantly why I think Wayne Williams was the ATL killer in 1981 because he got pulled over on a bridge at 2AM w/ a nonsensical story for the cops and abduction kit items in his car. He also had a "job" that focused on his prime target area (tho I don't believe he killed the two adult males they pinned on him, and probably not the one or two female victims unless as a diversion). If a kidnapper has a rich target in mind, they're really stupid unless they've pondered many things beforehand (which is why I think the ransom note in the JonBenet case was a diversion by a rapist/ped w/ rape/murder as his primary goal). The Lindbergh baby case was sloppily planned, but it was an actual ransom case until it became clear that the perp couldn't pull it off after he had already kidnapped the baby. Then he killed him. I think Bruno Hauptmann was at least one of the actual suspect(s) there, too.

And after Abston did 20 for abducting a family member already, could he have simply wanted revenge for getting 20 or was he paid by a family member? And why would a fam member contract w/ the guy who kidnapped the uncle years earlier? How would fam believe they could trust that guy to split the ransom money? That one doesn't seem incredibly plausible to me yet, but I wouldn't be surprised by anything. She was murdered shortly after so how could a ransom be negotiated? We have no clue if he even made an attempt to offer her up. Again, if that's the case, why did he kill her? Was it possibly unexpected (accidental isn't the right word)? Whether she was raped will also be important. There was a Coors executive who was kidnapped on his way to work in the 60s in Colo, but he was found alive later, iirc. With a healthy adult hostage (i.e. not nearly as frail as a baby, harder to kill even accidentally) worth a lot, how did she die, why is she dead, and was she raped are important questions.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Awful that people are attacked, killed and discarded like pieces of trash.

All the talk that this was somehow linked to her family is nonsense also.

Memphis is a true crap hole, one of the most dangerous cities in the country per capital for sure.

Yeah, this just looks like street level scumbag activity. Every woman's worst fear.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

So, why was she murdered? I have my theories and leanings on motive, but the 430AM thing (suspect in right place at right time) implies maybe he was laying in wait for when he knew she'd jog by, but the flip flops implies a halfassed, unexpected opportunity. Were he a serious kidnapper why would he wear that and then LEAVE em there for DNA to get collected? I know circumstantial kidnappings and the like happen, but from other cases, it seems that the majority of kidnappers have taken care to plan and prep a lot of things beforehand so they don't get caught, even if the kidnap-ee happens to come along unexpectedly.

These creeps often have the notion of what to do or equipment even IF they do happen to find a victim they weren't expecting to be there. That's seen in cases involving both young and older victims, majority of the time it seems (to me, at least). That's predominantly why I think Wayne Williams was the ATL killer in 1981 because he got pulled over on a bridge at 2AM w/ a nonsensical story for the cops and abduction kit items in his car. He also had a "job" that focused on his prime target area (tho I don't believe he killed the two adult males they pinned on him, and probably not the one or two female victims unless as a diversion). If a kidnapper has a rich target in mind, they're really stupid unless they've pondered many things beforehand (which is why I think the ransom note in the JonBenet case was a diversion by a rapist/ped w/ rape/murder as his primary goal). The Lindbergh baby case was sloppily planned, but it was an actual ransom case until it became clear that the perp couldn't pull it off after he had already kidnapped the baby. Then he killed him. I think Bruno Hauptmann was at least one of the actual suspect(s) there, too.

And after Abston did 20 for abducting a family member already, could he have simply wanted revenge for getting 20 or was he paid by a family member? And why would a fam member contract w/ the guy who kidnapped the uncle years earlier? How would fam believe they could trust that guy to split the ransom money? That one doesn't seem incredibly plausible to me yet, but I wouldn't be surprised by anything. She was murdered shortly after so how could a ransom be negotiated? We have no clue if he even made an attempt to offer her up. Again, if that's the case, why did he kill her? Was it possibly unexpected (accidental isn't the right word)? Whether she was raped will also be important. There was a Coors executive who was kidnapped on his way to work in the 60s in Colo, but he was found alive later, iirc. With a healthy adult hostage (i.e. not nearly as frail as a baby, harder to kill even accidentally) worth a lot, how did she die, why is she dead, and was she raped are important questions.

Yup, all relevant questions.

And like you, I watch alot of crime documentary type shows and anything is possible.

Illogical motives and actions are all possible.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:44 pm    Post subject:

It's the flip flops that has be really confused.

If he was trying to get revenge or any other motives, you would think the guy would wear something he can move better in. Also why didn't he go back for the flip flops? Obviously he would know he dropped it because you would be barefoot. Unless he wasn't wearing the flip flops at the time and it was just in the car and fell off while he was getting her in the car and didn't know it fell off.

I guess we'll have more answers when the autopsy comes out.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:33 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

If he was trying to get revenge or any other motives, you would think the guy would wear something he can move better in. Also why didn't he go back for the flip flops? Obviously he would know he dropped it because you would be barefoot. Unless he wasn't wearing the flip flops at the time and it was just in the car and fell off while he was getting her in the car and didn't know it fell off.

They were slides, not flip flops. Flip flops require self-worth.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:35 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

Yup, the flip flops makes it look random.

But then, the connection is so coincidental. How does a guy randomly kidnap 2 victims, 22 years apart and they have such a strong connection to each other. Memphis has a population of around 700k people. What are the chances of kidnapping 2 people with strong ties to the same law firm?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

But then, the connection is so coincidental. How does a guy randomly kidnap 2 victims, 22 years apart and they have such a strong connection to each other. Memphis has a population of around 700k people. What are the chances of kidnapping 2 people with strong ties to the same law firm?

I missed it but why did he kidnap the first person?... he may have a serious revenge problem against that firm and stalked this person and just said now is the time
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:53 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

I missed it but why did he kidnap the first person?... he may have a serious revenge problem against that firm and stalked this person and just said now is the time

He was 16. He was trying to force the victim to withdraw money from the atm. Seems like purely for money
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

The thing there is that I wouldn't doubt the guy is a cretin in a general sense. He may not know that DNA could be extracted from anything worn. I recall other cases where a hoodie, socks, shoes, latex gloves and a ski mask were left by different suspects (5 diff cases). And many people leave cig butts, tissues, gum, bottles/cups, etc for detectives to get after all of them had knowingly committed crimes. There is the possibility that some criminals simply don't expect detectives/civilians to find what they left or know/realize/assume that detectives could be following them surreptitiously. Imagine wearing gloves to prevent fingerprints and then leaving em at the crime scene because you thought that was your only issue... D'oh! Rolexes being traced back to the buyer have also busted a couple of rich husbands who killed/buried their wives over gambling debt or the like. That's another example of not having the capacity to consider 1000 different things that could nail you as Mickey Rourke told William Hurt in "Body Heat".

The shoes one (same concept as flops) was in a beach at night rape/murder case. Rapist took his shoes off and had walked away from them at the moment he spotted a drunk woman walking along the beach to hoof it back to her apt after leaving her friends for the night. Miami. He didn't have time to go back and grab his shoes and decided to pursue her instead. Her dead body was found on beach next morn. Cops found the shoes by themselves down a-ways from the body and had the DNA collected. I don't recall if the guy knew about DNA from shoes or not, but he didn't go back to get them. He may have been drunk, too, don't recall. Ski mask and hoodie cases were 20sthg idiots who almost assuredly had no clue their DNA could come from their sweat. Probably safe to say this Abston guy isn't a rocket scientist by vocation. Very possible, but he also could've been so full of adrenaline that he simply scrammed w/o any logical thinking. Think Jeff Bridges as Barney in "The Vanishing" (1993) when he abducted Sandy Bullock. When he actually got her in his car knocked out, he was quivering like he was having an org from all the adrenaline.

A lot of criminals probably don't associate sweat w/ DNA, but one thing for sure in 2022 is that MOST of them, even smarter ones, don't know just how refined DNA extraction from items has become. It takes so little now that the concerns dept's had about using up old DNA swabs/stains for lab tests versus trial evidence and future evidence is a thing of the past. A lot of them are under the assumption the cops need at least a drop of something (if they know about sweat at all). They need a tiny fraction of one now where they used to need a small puddle years ago.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

The thing there is that I wouldn't doubt the guy is a cretin in a general sense. He may not know that DNA could be extracted from anything worn. I recall other cases where a hoodie, socks, shoes, latex gloves and a ski mask were left by different suspects (5 diff cases). And many people leave cig butts, tissues, gum, bottles/cups, etc for detectives to get after all of them had knowingly committed crimes. There is the possibility that some criminals simply don't expect detectives/civilians to find what they left or know/realize/assume that detectives could be following them surreptitiously. Imagine wearing gloves to prevent fingerprints and then leaving em at the crime scene because you thought that was your only issue... D'oh! Rolexes being traced back to the buyer have also busted a couple of rich husbands who killed/buried their wives over gambling debt or the like. That's another example of not having the capacity to consider 1000 different things that could nail you as Mickey Rourke told William Hurt in "Body Heat".

The shoes one (same concept as flops) was in a beach at night rape/murder case. Rapist took his shoes off and had walked away from them at the moment he spotted a drunk woman walking along the beach to hoof it back to her apt after leaving her friends for the night. Miami. He didn't have time to go back and grab his shoes and decided to pursue her instead. Her dead body was found on beach next morn. Cops found the shoes by themselves down a-ways from the body and had the DNA collected. I don't recall if the guy knew about DNA from shoes or not, but he didn't go back to get them. He may have been drunk, too, don't recall. Ski mask and hoodie cases were 20sthg idiots who almost assuredly had no clue their DNA could come from their sweat. Probably safe to say this Abston guy isn't a rocket scientist by vocation. Very possible, but he also could've been so full of adrenaline that he simply scrammed w/o any logical thinking. Think Jeff Bridges as Barney in "The Vanishing" (1993) when he abducted Sandy Bullock. When he actually got her in his car knocked out, he was quivering like he was having an org from all the adrenaline.

A lot of criminals probably don't associate sweat w/ DNA, but one thing for sure in 2022 is that MOST of them, even smarter ones, don't know just how refined getting DNA has become. It takes so little now that the same concerns dept's have about using up old DNA swabs/stains for lab tests versus trial evidence and future evidence is a thing of the past. A lot of them are under the assumption the cops need at least a drop of something (if they know about sweat at all). They need a tiny fraction of one now where they used to need a small puddle years ago.

Very excellent points. This is truly a mystery. Or maybe we are reading too much in to it. Maybe the whole thing is just a coincidence with the previous kidnapping. It could really be just random which I have a hard time believing.

On my previous post I said I had a feeling a family member might be involved. Below are the questions I had for myself to come to that theory.

1. How did he know her jogging routine/route?
2. She was jogging near a university. What business did he have being near there at that time in the morning?
3. He doesn't seem like a pervert from the reports I have seen so far. No sign of foul play in that sense. (Edit: I just read the link posted by ContagiousInspiration that there was a rape in the report of his previous. So this one is irrelevant)
4. Doesn't seem like he is a serial killer or anything like that.
5. He has no history of murder. Just kidnapping.

But I keep coming back to the flip flops (sorry I meant slides). This just baffles me.

Like LBP said, the chances of this being a coincidence is very unlikely in a city with a population of 700k.

But at the sametime if it was a murder for hire by a family member then clearly they could of hired a professional with the money that family has. Or maybe the plan was to use an unorthodox person.

I am getting obsessed with this case now. I wan to know the answer.

Last edited by aprevo15 on Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

He was 16. He was trying to force the victim to withdraw money from the atm. Seems like purely for money

Thank you .. I looked some into it
Quote:

https://wreg.com/news/eliza-fletcher/cleotha-abstons-lengthy-criminal-record-started-at-11-years-old/

Court documents state he had “a good relationship with his family” but his “childhood was rough.” The documents go on to state Abston’s lengthy record that shows his first arrest was in 1995 for theft.

He was just 11 years old.

He was arrested again and again, every few months from there for burglary, theft, aggravated assault, violation of curfew, truancy, rape, evading arrest, and more.

The violent crimes including rape and aggravated assault resulted in time in the detention center but it’s unclear how much time he spent there.

His file also states at the time, he had no suicidal gestures, medical problems, or mental illness. He was listed, though, as 100% violent.

Obviously serious issues but did 18 years in prison help society or was it just a waste of tax dollars? A person like him would probably sit in there thinking about revenge
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject:

The Dhamma Brothers Vipasanna Meditation (in an Alabama Penitentiary)

Cleaner stream on Vimeo if interested https://vimeo.com/386565498

Free 10 Day meditation sensory purge...
https://www.dhamma.org/en-US/locations/directory#US

^^These men were shot callers and murderers and came out after 10 days unwilling to continue the same behavior
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject:

thread from r/memphis:

is it okay to rationalize/minimize the abnormal degree of Memphis' dangerousness?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: