Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Body found near vacant home; clothing found discarded nearby

On Monday, searchers, acting on information from an FBI team that analyzes cell phone data, found Fletcher’s body just after 5 p.m., according to the affidavit.

The searchers, using the cell phone data, had focused on an area near an intersection less than a mile from the brother’s home. The team smelled an odor of decay coming from an area near a vacant home, saw vehicle tracks in the grass near the driveway and eventually found a body on the property, according to the affidavit.

“The scene investigation revealed that the female fit the description of missing person, Eliza Fletcher,” the affidavit states.

That property was in the 1600 block of Victor Street, authorities said. That’s about a half-mile drive from the address that authorities gave for his brother’s home, a 7.5-mile drive from the alleged abduction site and about a 15.5-mile drive from Abston’s home.

A little more than an hour after the body was found and about three tenths of a mile away, a detective found a trash bag with purple running shorts – consistent with the ones Fletcher was wearing when she was abducted, the affidavit reads.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/07/us/memphis-teacher-eliza-fletcher-killed-wednesday/index.html

Quote:
They found the body of a woman, later identified as Fletcher, next to a set of steps near the driveway on the side of the house.

Law enforcement also found her purple Lululemon running shorts in a discarded trash bag about 100 feet north of the scene.

https://wreg.com/news/eliza-fletcher/eliza-fletcher-crime-scene-details-released/

He already knew where he was going to take her. I don't think he was driving around looking for vacant homes. He already knew of this place.

My question is, when did he kill her? Did he abduct her, take her to the vacant homes then kill her?

Or was the plan to keep her there alive, but after seeing his car all over the news, he went back to kill her?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:28 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Body found near vacant home; clothing found discarded nearby

On Monday, searchers, acting on information from an FBI team that analyzes cell phone data, found Fletcher’s body just after 5 p.m., according to the affidavit.

The searchers, using the cell phone data, had focused on an area near an intersection less than a mile from the brother’s home. The team smelled an odor of decay coming from an area near a vacant home, saw vehicle tracks in the grass near the driveway and eventually found a body on the property, according to the affidavit.

“The scene investigation revealed that the female fit the description of missing person, Eliza Fletcher,” the affidavit states.

That property was in the 1600 block of Victor Street, authorities said. That’s about a half-mile drive from the address that authorities gave for his brother’s home, a 7.5-mile drive from the alleged abduction site and about a 15.5-mile drive from Abston’s home.

A little more than an hour after the body was found and about three tenths of a mile away, a detective found a trash bag with purple running shorts – consistent with the ones Fletcher was wearing when she was abducted, the affidavit reads.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/07/us/memphis-teacher-eliza-fletcher-killed-wednesday/index.html

Quote:
They found the body of a woman, later identified as Fletcher, next to a set of steps near the driveway on the side of the house.

Law enforcement also found her purple Lululemon running shorts in a discarded trash bag about 100 feet north of the scene.

https://wreg.com/news/eliza-fletcher/eliza-fletcher-crime-scene-details-released/

He already knew where he was going to take her. I don't think he was driving around looking for vacant homes. He already knew of this place.

My question is, when did he kill her? Did he abduct her, take her to the vacant homes then kill her?

Or was the plan to keep her there alive, but after seeing his car all over the news, he went back to kill her?

I think this is likely an Occam's razor situation.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Hundreds of runners plan to finish Eliza Fletcher’s run Friday

Hundreds of runners plan to meet early Friday morning to finish Eiza Fletcher’s run.

The 34-year-old St. Mary’s teacher and mother of two was abducted on the University of Memphis campus during the halfway point of her 10-mile run from her Midtown home last Friday.

Fellow runners and those impacted by her story plan to start at 4:20 a.m., the same time she was abducted, and run the entire route.

Danielle Heineman and a fellow runner organized the event for female runners but have invited men to come out and support them. By Wednesday morning on the event’s Facebook page, 792 said they were going, and 1,200 more were interested.

“Basically, I just started this to say you know we’re going to run at 4:20 in the morning because we have the right to run at 4:20 in the morning,” said Heineman.

Heineman said they wanted to finish the run to address derogatory comments posted on social about the hour Fletcher was running and the clothes she was wearing.

“We are going to wear shorts and a sports bra and not be completely covered up because we have a right to run comfortably,” she said. “There shouldn’t be an expectation that you’re gonna be abducted if you run at four in the morning in Memphis.”

Heineman said she never met Fletcher, but they ran in some of the same races. She said she felt like she had to do this as part of the coping process.
“I have a lot of friends who are training for long-distance runs and do run that early in the morning every day of the week, and so they run, get in the shower, and they go to work and take care of their families,” Heineman said.

Heineman said when she made the Facebook post about the run, she thought it would just be a few people, but her post has been shared more than a thousand times.

The run will start at Central and Belvedere.

Also Friday, Liza’s Lights will gather at 4 a.m. at Second Presbyterian Church at Central and Goodlett and walk to the spot where she was abducted for a moment of silence at 4:20 a.m.

A Facebook group also plans to Livestream the event.

https://wreg.com/news/eliza-fletcher/100-plus-plan-to-finish-liza-fletchers-run/

Yes, they have the right to run at 4:20am in a very dangerous area wearing little clothes. But, it's also extremely unsafe and unwise.

I also have the right to walk around Compton wearing all red or blue clothes. But, that wouldn't be wise either.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:23 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Hundreds of runners plan to finish Eliza Fletcher’s run Friday

Hundreds of runners plan to meet early Friday morning to finish Eiza Fletcher’s run.

The 34-year-old St. Mary’s teacher and mother of two was abducted on the University of Memphis campus during the halfway point of her 10-mile run from her Midtown home last Friday.

Fellow runners and those impacted by her story plan to start at 4:20 a.m., the same time she was abducted, and run the entire route.

Danielle Heineman and a fellow runner organized the event for female runners but have invited men to come out and support them. By Wednesday morning on the event’s Facebook page, 792 said they were going, and 1,200 more were interested.

“Basically, I just started this to say you know we’re going to run at 4:20 in the morning because we have the right to run at 4:20 in the morning,” said Heineman.

Heineman said they wanted to finish the run to address derogatory comments posted on social about the hour Fletcher was running and the clothes she was wearing.

“We are going to wear shorts and a sports bra and not be completely covered up because we have a right to run comfortably,” she said. “There shouldn’t be an expectation that you’re gonna be abducted if you run at four in the morning in Memphis.”

Heineman said she never met Fletcher, but they ran in some of the same races. She said she felt like she had to do this as part of the coping process.
“I have a lot of friends who are training for long-distance runs and do run that early in the morning every day of the week, and so they run, get in the shower, and they go to work and take care of their families,” Heineman said.

Heineman said when she made the Facebook post about the run, she thought it would just be a few people, but her post has been shared more than a thousand times.

The run will start at Central and Belvedere.

Also Friday, Liza’s Lights will gather at 4 a.m. at Second Presbyterian Church at Central and Goodlett and walk to the spot where she was abducted for a moment of silence at 4:20 a.m.

A Facebook group also plans to Livestream the event.

https://wreg.com/news/eliza-fletcher/100-plus-plan-to-finish-liza-fletchers-run/

Yes, they have the right to run at 4:20am in a very dangerous area wearing little clothes. But, it's also extremely unsafe and unwise.

I also have the right to walk around Compton wearing all red or blue clothes. But, that wouldn't be wise either.

Yeah it's not about the rights to wear whatever you want. It's about should you or shouldn't you.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
[

On my previous post I said I had a feeling a family member might be involved. Below are the questions I had for myself to come to that theory.

1. How did he know her jogging routine/route?
2. She was jogging near a university. What business did he have being near there at that time in the morning?
3. He doesn't seem like a pervert from the reports I have seen so far. No sign of foul play in that sense. (Edit: I just read the link posted by ContagiousInspiration that there was a rape in the report of his previous. So this one is irrelevant)
4. Doesn't seem like he is a serial killer or anything like that.
5. He has no history of murder. Just kidnapping.

3/4/5) I wonder if this could've been an attempt to get himself back to the joint because he is institutionalized and bumming it in slides with no self-worth after his release. There are starting points for rapists/murderers tho which look like his. Even some of the worst ones known in American history started off w/ things that substituted for sex crimes like burglary/thievery/arson/groping-flashing-exposure type stuff. It is true this dude entered into this one later than the majority, it would seem. There have been female correctional officers in joints killed (one was in Chino in the 90s), but in those cases, the perp was in there for doing it on the outside already. And this guy could've gotten a streetwalker just as easily. Maybe a late bloomer like Steve Nash.

2) Numerous university area cases in the past. Loads of them, actually. There to scope for wrong-place-wrong-time young female victims, obv. There was a docu on a freak who killed 5 college kids from U Florida in 1990 I saw about a year ago. I think Sara Sidener was a student there because she was in it. Any rate, this guy had a tent in a weeded area near the school, lurking around like a werewolf at night. One of the girls killed had her male friend (a big, athletic kid) staying at her apt that night and he got killed as well, which then really shook the girls living off campus by themselves and their parents. Parents were pulling their daughters out of school. One case, btw, he decapitated a victim and put her severed head upright on her desk for detectives to find later. He got away as long as he did because other false leads were more feral looking than this puke once they found his tent. American psychos often "WANT...TO FIT....INN....."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
[

On my previous post I said I had a feeling a family member might be involved. Below are the questions I had for myself to come to that theory.

1. How did he know her jogging routine/route?
2. She was jogging near a university. What business did he have being near there at that time in the morning?
3. He doesn't seem like a pervert from the reports I have seen so far. No sign of foul play in that sense. (Edit: I just read the link posted by ContagiousInspiration that there was a rape in the report of his previous. So this one is irrelevant)
4. Doesn't seem like he is a serial killer or anything like that.
5. He has no history of murder. Just kidnapping.

3/4/5 I wonder if this could've been an attempt to get himself back to the joint because he is institutionalized and bumming it in slides with no self-worth after his release. There are starting points for rapists/murderers tho which look like his. Even some of the worst ones known in American history started off w/ things that substituted for sex crimes like burglary/thievery/arson/groping-flashing-exposure type stuff. It is true this dude entered into this one later than the majority, it would seem. There have been female correctional officers in joints killed (one was in Chino in the 90s), but in those cases, the perp was in there for doing it on the outside already. And this guy could've gotten a streetwalker just as easily. Maybe a late bloomer like Steve Nash.

2 Numerous university area cases in the past. Loads of them, actually. There to scope for erstwhile young female victims, obv. There was a docu on a freak who killed 5 college kids from U Florida in 1990 I recall. I think Sara Sidener was a student there because she was in it. Any rate, this guy had a tent in a weeded area near the school, lurking around like a werewolf at night. One of the girls killed had her male friend (a big, athletic kid) staying at her house and he got killed as well, which then really shook the girls living off campus and their parents. One case, btw, he decapitated a victim and put her severed head upright on her desk for detectives to find later. He got away as long as he did because other false leads were more feral looking than this puke once they found his tent.

IMO a classic case of being institutionalized. So many on the inside are comfortable. They seem lost without structure.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Pieces of trash like this is why capital punishment is still relevant.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Guy goes around filming himself shooting people, kills 4

https://apnews.com/article/shootings-tennessee-memphis-university-of-5a6ff7c185852de5a995928aaa75dcbb

Memphis is looking like a trashbag this week

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

https://apnews.com/article/shootings-tennessee-memphis-university-of-5a6ff7c185852de5a995928aaa75dcbb

Wasn't so long ago when more socially responsible people simply threw pissbags at homeless from moving cars in the wee hours of the morning. Now we're at guns. Sad.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
C M B wrote:

Wasn't so long ago when more socially responsible people simply threw pissbags at homeless from moving cars in the wee hours of the morning. Now we're at guns. Sad.

I see what you did there. 😀
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
C M B wrote:

I see what you did there. 😀

The perp is known to the police as The Wet Bandit. Is 9cubed still here under a fresh pseudonym?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully any survivng family get to the full truth of this and remove any involved. I wonder if Alicia was a pretty little white girl living in the burbs if piggy would have investigated?

One year ago today she said she was raped Eliza Fletchers killer.. provided DNA and rape kit analysis etc...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/woman-says-memphis-police-failed-investigate-rape-suspect-now-charged-rcna48806
Woman says Memphis police failed to investigate her rape. The suspect is now charged in Eliza Fletcher's murder.
Quote:
Franklin said she immediately sought medical attention and reported it to Memphis police. The lawsuit says she submitted to a forensic medical examination, where a sexual assault kit was gathered and included DNA evidence.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Hopefully any survivng family get to the full truth of this and remove any involved. I wonder if Alicia was a pretty little white girl living in the burbs if piggy would have investigated?

One year ago today she said she was raped Eliza Fletchers killer.. provided DNA and rape kit analysis etc...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/woman-says-memphis-police-failed-investigate-rape-suspect-now-charged-rcna48806
Woman says Memphis police failed to investigate her rape. The suspect is now charged in Eliza Fletcher's murder.
Quote:
Franklin said she immediately sought medical attention and reported it to Memphis police. The lawsuit says she submitted to a forensic medical examination, where a sexual assault kit was gathered and included DNA evidence.

Yeah, I heard about this case.

Seems that they are backlogged for DNA analysis. It takes them months to a year, or something. In Eliza Fletcher's case, they requested an expedited test so they got the results right away. The question then is, why didn't they request an expedited test in this other case:

Quote:
Memphis Police submitted the sexual assault kit last September but didn’t ask the TBI to expedite it, so the evidence got in line with the others. TBI told us the sexual assault kit was submitted to their office on September 23, 2021, two days after the alleged crime.

Finally in June, forensic scientists were able to pull it off the shelf and start analyzing it, 10 months after the sexual assault kit was collected. That allowed Abston-Henderson to walk free and be able to allegedly commit another crime.

Quote:
Last summer, the TBI told us it still needed more staff.

A spokesperson explained the Jackson lab has four forensic scientists assigned to analyze all biological evidence from rapes, homicides, robberies, and more. Last year, there were over 600 submissions.

Not to mention, the same four scientists have to respond to crime scenes from time to time and testify in court.

State Sen. London Lamar said lawmakers voted to give the TBI more funding. TBI said the funding will cover three more forensic scientists and a technician at the Jackson lab.

https://wreg.com/news/investigations/evidence-in-abstons-2021-rape-case-sat-in-storage-for-months/

Quote:
But the SAK from that case was not expedited to the TBI by Memphis Police, and thus entered the normal queue for processing such kits.

Quote:
The TBI said they do "accept rush DNA cases" when requested by a local investigative agency and that the organization relies on these agencies to identify cases that would benefit from such analysis.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject:

I was really shook by the facts given about Rape Kits not even being processed.. it hurts in my guts.. that is just one of the most unfathomable thing I have ever heard....what sort of rationale allows this?

If men were the ones getting raped you can bet damn sure those rape kits would get processed?

This might bother me so much I write Biden about it.. How can anyone feel safe when they won't hire enough people to keep us safe instead buying fancy new cars and hot new outfits so they can stand in front of schools and protect school shooters...

Not a sane society in the least.. 300 days for the rapis to keep raping? not sane..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: