Mosquitoes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject: Mosquitoes

Totally out of left field.. but it's the OT forum, so why not?

Anyone else get completely obliterated by these damn bugs? (especially during summer evenings?)

I will literally go outside for 30 seconds to take out the trash and come back in, wash my hands and then shortly after, feel a bite on my leg or arm (or literally any exposed area of skin- even my ear for godsakes)

I know not to leave any standing water outside, which I don't.
But anyone have any tips/ideas about dealing with these bastards?
I will have to bring pants with me to any outside bbqs or parties so I can change into at night. (smh)

For some reason my daughter and I attract them like crazy. My son and nephews could be standing outside butt naked and they wont ever get bit.
I don't get it.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject:

I woke up a few weeks ago I woke up with bites all over my body. I was freaking out thinking they might be bed bites. The pest control guy came to my apartment and said he didn't think they were bed bites but likely mosquito bites. I have no idea where I was when they bit me. I didn't feel anything. They itched like crazy. I just used soap and water to clean them and the itching went away in about 4-5 days. He said there is a big mosquito problem in the valley/LA areas. I read an article once that DNA can play a role in why certain people attract mosquitos. I haven't had any bites since.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Mosquitoes

PLATNUM wrote:
Totally out of left field.. but it's the OT forum, so why not?

Anyone else get completely obliterated by these damn bugs? (especially during summer evenings?)

I will literally go outside for 30 seconds to take out the trash and come back in, wash my hands and then shortly after, feel a bite on my leg or arm (or literally any exposed area of skin- even my ear for godsakes)

I know not to leave any standing water outside, which I don't.
But anyone have any tips/ideas about dealing with these bastards?
I will have to bring pants with me to any outside bbqs or parties so I can change into at night. (smh)

For some reason my daughter and I attract them like crazy. My son and nephews could be standing outside butt naked and they wont ever get bit.
I don't get it.

They don't need much water for their offspring to survive. Wouldn't be surprised if there are hidden water spots inside plants where they can lay eggs and their offspring survive long enough to make it to mosquito form.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject:

It feels like they’re everywhere in my garden to the point where I can’t even use it during the summer. If I go outside for thirty minutes, I’ll be covered in bites.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I woke up a few weeks ago I woke up with bites all over my body. I was freaking out thinking they might be bed bites. The pest control guy came to my apartment and said he didn't think they were bed bites but likely mosquito bites. I have no idea where I was when they bit me. I didn't feel anything. They itched like crazy. I just used soap and water to clean them and the itching went away in about 4-5 days. He said there is a big mosquito problem in the valley/LA areas. I read an article once that DNA can play a role in why certain people attract mosquitos. I haven't had any bites since.

Bed bites?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
32 wrote:

Bed bites?

Bed bugs, it's gotta be. Maybe 32 stayed at Mar-a-Lago recently. Bed bugs get into luggage and take a hike back home w/ the person.

Peeps all uppity about mosquito bites, imagine this nightmare. There was a dude in a Nat Geo show about spiders that they play every Halloween. Dude had a blanket hanging out to dry on his clothesline and when he brought it in that night, he didn't know there was a juicy black widow on it. And he was unlucky to put the spider side against him. She bit him 4-5x in the chest area, making it that much worse (close to heart). That's the kind of rare severe bite where an unwitting victim doesn't know a spider is grinding in on their skin. Dude was in and out of consciousness and said the pain was extraordinary due to the amount of venom he got. Around 7-8 bites worth of BW venom is probably where deaths would start to be recorded, but one bite's worth can fit on the sharp end of a needle. Their venom is more toxic per volume than any snake.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: