NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2592, 2593, 2594 ... 2629, 2630, 2631  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Take a guess at who SpursTalk’s #1 free agent target is.

26 year old Malik Monk.

Meanwhile you guys are talking about the AARP Lakers version 2.0 (it will be different this time) .
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:59 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Take a guess at who SpursTalk’s #1 free agent target is.

26 year old Malik Monk.

Meanwhile you guys are talking about the AARP Lakers version 2.0 (it will be different this time) .

Hey, the only players I'm fully behind acquiring in potential big deals are Mitchell (27) and Markkanen (26). Fully against Butler (salary alone), Trae (salary plus style of play/not what we need), and Dejounte (not the right fit and is a diva). Of course, there are plenty of potential trades that I'd be in favor of, as long as they don't gut our depth and give us more athleticism in wing defense (with some offensive capability) and/or a sturdy center.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 5:05 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Japago wrote:
Japago wrote:
People seem to be so fixated on getting a C that they're ignoring the other positions are small too.

The T'Wolves didn't even have Gobert last game. They defended pretty well with 6'9 Naz Reid at C.

They have size and athleticism across their team. Mike Conley has good athleticism even at his age.

I think it's difficult to have DLo, AR, Rui at negative size(for DLo and AR at least) and athleticism for their positions.

Replacing 2 of them is probably the way to go.

The Lakers still need offensive support behind LeBron and AD, so you gotta balance that out too.

Based on this, I have a trade idea after playing with the trade machine:

Lakers get:
DeJounte Murray
Dorian Finney-Smith
Day'Ron Sharpe

Hawks get:
Austin Reaves
Rui Hachimura
First Round Pick

Nets get:
Gabe Vincent
Jalen Hood-Schifino
First Round Pick

The beauty of these trades is the Lakers don't gain any salary, possibly allowing them to resign DLo.

Hawks get the player they've wanted from the Lakers. I think they may have interest in Rui because Saddiq Bey is a FA. IIRC, they were willing to trade Murray for AR(and salary filler) + a pick. Even if the price was higher, Rui should have value to them.

The Nets get pick for a 30 year year role player and a player behind a good young starter. They're a young team that can wait on JHS's development.

I think the Lakers may be get them at these prices in part because their picks should have value.

I really like DJM as a target because he solves a lot of the Lakers needs. He can actually drive to the basket and defend. He has size for a guard. He has play-making ability. He scores at the rate of a really good 3rd option. He's not even a downgrade as a shooter from AR based on this season.

DFS is a really good 3 and D guy. Sharpe would give the Lakers a back-up big with real size.

PG: DLo
SG: DJM
SF: DFS
PF: LeBron
C: AD

This lineup is a good, balanced lineup with offense and defense. This would play the bulk of minutes during games. But...

PG: DJM
SG: DFS/Christie
SF: Vando/DFS
PF: LeBron/Vando/DFS
C AD

Would give the Lakers some nasty potential defensive lineups.

Problem is Murray is at his best with the ball in his hands. This trade effectively limits Murray's abilities as a player and puts him in an uncomfortable role as possibly the 4th option - either he or D'Lo will be put in an uncomfortable role. It would be far better to pair Murray with Reaves but understanding that Reaves is the coveted player by Atlanta, it wont happen.

I think DLo would be the one learn to play more off-ball here. He's not as good at driving to the basket and is more of a natural shooter.

That's definitely a concern, but I think it's worth the risk. AR had to cede some ball handling duties while playing next to D'Lo, and now it's DLo's turn.

Having 2 other ball-handler/play-makers is pretty nice to have when you have 40-year old LeBron. As durable as he was this season, you can't assume that's going to happen again.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Japago wrote:
People seem to be so fixated on getting a C that they're ignoring the other positions are small too.

The T'Wolves didn't even have Gobert last game. They defended pretty well with 6'9 Naz Reid at C.

They have size and athleticism across their team. Mike Conley has good athleticism even at his age.

I think it's difficult to have DLo, AR, Rui at negative size(for DLo and AR at least) and athleticism for their positions.

The Lakers still need offensive support behind LeBron and AD, so you gotta balance that out too.

Lakers get:
DeJounte Murray
Dorian Finney-Smith
Day'Ron Sharpe

Hawks get:
Austin Reaves
Rui Hachimura
First Round Pick

Nets get:
Gabe Vincent
Jalen Hood-Schifino
First Round Pick

The beauty of these trades is the Lakers don't gain any salary, possibly allowing them to resign DLo.

Hawks get the player they've wanted from the Lakers. I think they may have interest in Rui because Saddiq Bey is a FA. IIRC, they were willing to trade Murray for AR(and salary filler) + a pick. Even if the price was higher, Rui should have value to them.

The Nets get pick for a 30 year year role player and a player behind a good young starter. They're a young team that can wait on JHS's development.

I think the Lakers may be get them at these prices in part because their picks should have value.

I really like DJM as a target because he solves a lot of the Lakers needs. He can actually drive to the basket and defend. He has size for a guard. He has play-making ability. He scores at the rate of a really good 3rd option. He's not even a downgrade as a shooter from AR based on this season.

DFS is a really good 3 and D guy. Sharpe would give the Lakers a back-up big with real size.

This lineup is a good, balanced lineup with offense and defense. This would play the bulk of minutes during games. But...

C AD

DFS would be playing out of position... He's more of a tweener like Rui at SF/PF... Better defensively but he just does not score or shoot as well as Rui. I think he's more on Prince level. Also not sure I like the DLO/DJM backcourt pairing.

Couple guys I'm really looking out for is Myles Turner and Mikal Bridges. Turner will be entering another contract year again. Last time that happened Indiana was shopping him. Mikal Bridges had a down year, and proved that he is not 1st or 2nd option star. More like 3rd/4th option type of role player. So I would see if Nets is willing to part ways with him for a couple picks.

Rui/JHS/Protected 1st for Myles Turner

AR/Gabe/2 1st/2nds for Mikal Bridges

Resign MaxC, and Dinwiddie

Turner/Hayes
AD/Wood
Lebron/Vando/Cam
Bridges/MaxC
DLO/Dinwiddie
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 5:18 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Myles Turner?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 5:29 pm    Post subject:

I really like the idea of Donovan Mitchell. I don’t like the idea of trading first round picks.

2029 (Lebron will be 45, Anthony will be 36, Donovan will be 32)
2031 (Lebron will be 47, Anthony will be 38, Donovan will be 34)

Proposed Lakers Trade Would Move 3 1st-Round Picks & More for All-NBA SG

Cavaliers get: Rui Hachimura, Jalen Hood-Schifino, Austin Reaves, 2024 or 2025 first-round pick*, 2026 first-round swap, 2028 first-round swap, 2029 first-round pick, 2030 second-round pick, 2031 first-round pick (top-five protection; turns into 2031 second-rounder if not conveyed)

Lakers get: Donovan Mitchell
“LeBron James (player option) turns 40 in December. If you’re going to mortgage the vast majority of your future draft capital, targeting someone who immediately elevates your ceiling while safeguarding you against a LeBron decline or retirement makes sense.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 5:34 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I really like the idea of Donovan Mitchell. I don’t like the idea of trading first round picks.

Cavaliers get: Rui Hachimura, Jalen Hood-Schifino, Austin Reaves, 2024 or 2025 first-round pick*, 2026 first-round swap, 2028 first-round swap, 2029 first-round pick, 2030 second-round pick, 2031 first-round pick (top-five protection; turns into 2031 second-rounder if not conveyed)

“LeBron James (player option) turns 40 in December. If you’re going to mortgage the vast majority of your future draft capital, targeting someone who immediately elevates your ceiling while safeguarding you against a LeBron decline or retirement makes sense.

This is pretty much the trade I've proposed for months. And though this article lazily attempts to say that Mitchell and Trae "have similar stats", Mitchell dwarfs him (see what I did there?) in win shares/48.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:15 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

Quoting heavy. Com 😂😂
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:20 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Conversation
𝐉𝐚𝐤𝐞
@SixthManJake
“A scenario where Jimmy Butler is traded for assets, then those are used to acquire Mitchell, is a plausible reality.”

-
@esidery
on Heat wanting D. Mitchell

Could we see Jimmy traded to LA??

Conversation
𝐉𝐚𝐤𝐞
@SixthManJake
No ones talking about it but…

I just got a text from somebody VERY connected that Jimmy would have extreme interest in being traded to LA if the Heat choose to move on from him…

How do Laker fans feel about Jimmy in LA?

I would love Jimmy over here but i dont now what would it take to get him.

That poster is full of crap, he has every player, available or not, coming to the Lakers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:36 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

Cleveland is in the second round of the playoffs, replacing Mitchell with Rui and Reaves won’t keep them there. They could trade Mitchell instead of letting him walk but I’m guessing that they can get some players to help them win. Reaves is a good unathletic guard but Rui is lazy as hell.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Cleveland is in the second round of the playoffs, replacing Mitchell with Rui and Reaves won’t keep them there. They could trade Mitchell instead of letting him walk but I’m guessing that they can get some players to help them win. Reaves is a good unathletic guard but Rui is lazy as hell.

This is my read of it, if they indeed make Mitchell available. Teams looking to acquire him will be contenders. No contender is going to part with an All-Star type for him, as that's kind of pointless. You're trying to go all-in for a run next season. So I could see one nice player or a couple of solid players, plus picks. I would put Reaves and Rui right into the latter category. Rui is actually an extremely solid offensive player in an era of extreme offense; if Darvin The Clown had just started him all year, and he puts up those numbers all year (18 PPG per 36 mins. on a .628 TS %), he would be looked at a lot more favorably by most casual fans. He's quite useful. And Reaves is really quite good: he's durable, clutch, and also efficient offensively. Since Mitchell is an expiring, they are going to have to accept far less of a haul than what they gave up to get him when he still had 3 years left on his deal before the player option. So I doubt they are getting an All-Star type of talent back, and I also doubt that they can get more than 3 FRP for him as a virtual expiring. I'm not saying that the Laker offer I've proposed will be the one that ends up happening, but I think it will be something in that ballpark. And at least Reaves and Rui make sense for them from a fit perspective. Would, say, Randle from the Knicks? They already have Mobley and Allen. Pincus floated a deal where they get Herro...why? Reaves is better than Herro by himself (and so much cheaper), so if we offered Reaves and Rui (and JHS) and the picks, why do that if you're Cleveland?

It's going to be fascinating to see where he ends up, if he's available. I don't see a ton of teams involved in the bidding because there are very few teams that probably think he would sign with them in free agency, so how many teams are going to be willing to offer, let's say, more than 3 FRP and more than 2 useful players (especially if both are young) for him? I think we're clearly one of those teams since we're desperate.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:06 pm    Post subject:

If we were to somehow land Donovan Mitchell, how much should we be concerned about his impending free agency and the rumors that he wants to play for the Knicks? Remember he's originally from Westchester County.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:16 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
If we were to somehow land Donovan Mitchell, how much should we be concerned about his impending free agency and the rumors that he wants to play for the Knicks? Remember he's originally from Westchester County.

It's a concern, for sure, but if we're being realistic, the Lakers would do it in a second and just hope for the best. He's a legit star and he's still 27. You try to sell him on being "the guy" for the LA Lakers after LeBron is done and that day is coming very soon, not to mention the selling point (hopefully) that it would be the best collection of teammates he's ever had. But yeah, in the position we're in, we're uniquely desperate at the end of LeBron's career. He's still remarkable and if we're in the LeBron business while he's still remarkable, we need to go for it. That's my position. If this were a Kobe farewell tour situation where he clearly didn't have it anymore when he came back from the Achilles injury, then I would obviously not be in favor of giving up assets. In this case, I get it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:58 pm    Post subject:

In the discussion about centers yesterday or the day before, Hartenstein was mentioned, who is hitting unrestricted free agency. Sam Vecenie just mentioned that one possible option the Knicks could hope he goes for is to sign a team-friendly 2-year deal with a player option in the 2nd year so that they'd then have his Bird rights and then they could really pay him after next season. However, I see this as very unlikely because if he gets hurt, he's just taking way too much of a chance and it's not like he's made a big contract yet in his career. Vecenie thinks his market will be at least $17MM a year (which prices us out), and if you're him, I have no idea how you accept anything less, no matter how much you like the Knicks and what they've done for you.

Robinson, who is hurt again, is probably more than 50% likely to get traded. Hartenstein is just much more important to what they do, though Robinson has been helpful too.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:09 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Japago wrote:
Japago wrote:

Lakers get:
DeJounte Murray
Dorian Finney-Smith
Day'Ron Sharpe

Hawks get:
Austin Reaves
Rui Hachimura
First Round Pick

Nets get:
Gabe Vincent
Jalen Hood-Schifino
First Round Pick

C AD

DFS would be playing out of position... He's more of a tweener like Rui at SF/PF... Better defensively but he just does not score or shoot as well as Rui. I think he's more on Prince level. Also not sure I like the DLO/DJM backcourt pairing.

Couple guys I'm really looking out for is Myles Turner and Mikal Bridges. Turner will be entering another contract year again. Last time that happened Indiana was shopping him. Mikal Bridges had a down year, and proved that he is not 1st or 2nd option star. More like 3rd/4th option type of role player. So I would see if Nets is willing to part ways with him for a couple picks.

Turner/Hayes
AD/Wood
Lebron/Vando/Cam
Bridges/MaxC
DLO/Dinwiddie

Ya but at least his idea is realistic. Both of those deals are pie in the sky... as great as they would be.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:19 pm    Post subject:

i don't think hartenstein is gonna sign here for the vet min or mle anymore, lol
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
i don't think hartenstein is gonna sign here for the vet min or mle anymore, lol

Yeah it appears that he's even priced himself out of MLE consideration.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:22 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Maybe that makes Mitchell Robinson available
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:37 pm    Post subject:

DiVencenzo signing with the Knicks for the MLE was the best FA signing considering the Impact he’s had on the Knicks team
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Maybe that makes Mitchell Robinson available

It would certainly seem to make it more likely, but I could also see a scenario where they keep both and just move Randle.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:41 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Japago wrote:
Japago wrote:

Lakers get:
DeJounte Murray
Dorian Finney-Smith
Day'Ron Sharpe

Hawks get:
Austin Reaves
Rui Hachimura
First Round Pick

Nets get:
Gabe Vincent
Jalen Hood-Schifino
First Round Pick

C AD

Turner/Hayes
AD/Wood
Lebron/Vando/Cam
Bridges/MaxC
DLO/Dinwiddie

Ya but at least his idea is realistic. Both of those deals are pie in the sky... as great as they would be.

How so?.. He is basing them on past rumors which I was doing also.

Also I don't get the infatuation towards DFS since last year. There's a reason Mavs got rid of him. I don't even think his impact is any better than Rui.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:17 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
2019 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Japago wrote:
Japago wrote:

Lakers get:
DeJounte Murray
Dorian Finney-Smith
Day'Ron Sharpe

Hawks get:
Austin Reaves
Rui Hachimura
First Round Pick

Nets get:
Gabe Vincent
Jalen Hood-Schifino
First Round Pick

C AD

Turner/Hayes
AD/Wood
Lebron/Vando/Cam
Bridges/MaxC
DLO/Dinwiddie

Also I don't get the infatuation towards DFS since last year. There's a reason Mavs got rid of him. I don't even think his impact is any better than Rui.

Mavs got rid of Wood too.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
2019 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Japago wrote:
Japago wrote:

Lakers get:
DeJounte Murray
Dorian Finney-Smith
Day'Ron Sharpe

Hawks get:
Austin Reaves
Rui Hachimura
First Round Pick

Nets get:
Gabe Vincent
Jalen Hood-Schifino
First Round Pick

C AD

Turner/Hayes
AD/Wood
Lebron/Vando/Cam
Bridges/MaxC
DLO/Dinwiddie

Mavs got rid of Wood too.

Mavs let Brunson walk.
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:37 am    Post subject:

Keeping the core as per AD. Like Lebron, Himself, AR, Rui, Vando, Woods, maybe DLo?

Signing FA Center.

Trading Gabe, JHS?

Resigning TP, Cam, Dinwiddie?

Plus more importantly, a New Head Coach.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 7:36 am    Post subject:

If you're a player looking to get paid, which LA team are you more interested in?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2592, 2593, 2594 ... 2629, 2630, 2631  Next
Page 2593 of 2631
Jump to: