NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2590, 2591, 2592 ... 2628, 2629, 2630  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:27 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
If Luka and Kyrie works, there’s hope LeBron and Trae can work (I’d rather different ‘3rd star’) but depends on the coach… and Bron

Kyrie has no interest in that being his team. Plus Luka is arguably the best player in the league. There has to be a leader that sets the tone. Is Trae that guy?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:34 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
2019 wrote:
governator wrote:
If Luka and Kyrie works, there’s hope LeBron and Trae can work (I’d rather different ‘3rd star’) but depends on the coach… and Bron

Luka is young and can carry a squad 82 + 16 in. a way LeBron can no longer do. Kyrie is proven to be one the most clutch players who can kill you one on one but also play off ball as effectively. And if you watch him this playoffs, he's out there playing D at a high level.

I understand the intrigue in Trae but given the cost to get him and the weaknesses created, after acquiring him, it's just a terrible idea.

At least Mitchell is athletic, bigger, strong, plays D, and can attack the rim. At least DJM has size but has shown very good defensive ability. Trae gives you none of that.

my hope is DLO opts in and we can trade dlo/rui/gabe/jhs/17 for DJM and Hunter

AD
Bron
Hunter
AR
DJM

Hopefully the Hawks goal is to create the worst defensive back court of all time so they accept this trade lol

its well known fact they are trying to trade DJM and are also get rid of salary. The trade saves them tons of salary beyond next year.

DLO can be flipped during the year
urbanturban
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:42 am    Post subject:

Wouldn't it be grand if the Lakes had figured out a way to get both Mitchell, Ingram and Dyson?

Hachi, Vincent and Christie + 3 picks for Mitchell. Why do the Cavs do it? Who could offer something better? Hachi replaces Morris (a BIG need for them), they move Levert to starting and get a backup at both guard spots. All the contracts are movable again, especially with 3 picks. That is a better package than Hero and change, with the huge added bonus of not trading Mitchell back to the east. The 76's have no real long-term players to send back, plus I don't think Morey runs all those picks again. Who in the West could trade for Mitchell with a more compelling offer, especially if he determines who he will sign with long term? I believe the salaries work as well....

Reaves, Dlo, Lewis and Hood for Ingram, Dyson. Why does Orleans say yes? Reaves, of course! Cost controlled and PERFECT for marketing, Reaves has elite ballhandling. Dlo also offers this, allowing the Pels to move CJ and keep their 3-point shooting. Ball-handling being the most desired skillset for that team, as well as an extremely marketable (SOUTHwest, if I may?) player alongside Zion. With Ingram able to dictate who he goes long-term with and soft desirability over-all, who makes a better play for him? Again, the Pels want the right players, not the picks, to fit this team and make them better within a year. And they want room to pay they guys coming up.

@vasashi, my big question is can Dlo resign and be part of a trade like this to eat more capspace on the Ingram trade? No doubt the double-apron comes into play with Mitchell and Ingram coming back, and you is the dude.

With a thin bench + Vando, this could be the wave the Lakes surf.....
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:49 am    Post subject:

Wouldn’t it be grand if Lebron resigned for $1 and we used the cap space to address the flaws in our roster?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:57 am    Post subject:

Wouldn’t it be grand if Westbrick Fans let go off of Lebron
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:58 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Wouldn’t it be grand if Lebron resigned for $1 and we used the cap space to address the flaws in our roster?

He is already a billionaire after all. Even without an NBA contract with his endorsements, sponsors, investments, etc. He will be a multi-billionaire eventually.

Like, how much MORE money does he really need?
urbanturban
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

Salty, ming. Like Gandhi to the sea, salty....
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:07 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

I’ll entertain it, if Bron re-signs last aka we signs everybody else first. DLo, Max, maybe Hayes, maybe Cam, FA… how much can we offer the FA and then how much left for Bron? How the math work?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:10 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

I’ll entertain it, if Bron re-signs last aka we signs everybody else first. DLo, Max, maybe Hayes, maybe Cam, FA… how much can we offer the FA and then how much left for Bron? How the math work?

Oh for (bleep) sake with Cam.

That bum is gone. I don’t ever want to see Ham’s pets on this team ever again.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:20 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Lebron would still have a cap hold so $0 for free agents.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:26 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

He is already a billionaire after all. Even without an NBA contract with his endorsements, sponsors, investments, etc. He will be a multi-billionaire eventually.

Never enough especially when you have kids.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Really? I think the radio guys (Trevor Lane and Kaminski bros) est at $25m ish depending on DLo
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Assuming we resign DLO for a slight pay raise from 18.6M to 21-22M, we would get to about 11M in cap space. Not including our likely first round pick. AKA it's not worth it unless you can dump Gabe for cap space.

The topic should be, how much can we give LeBron and still be able to use the full MLE. The answer to that is about 29-30M.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Not a popular opinion given his recent decline and constant injury woes, but I'd say buy low on Ingram before some other team does, and then promptly send him to some kind of witch doctor to fix his durability issues (I'm sure Jeanie Buss knows a few). It's a massive gamble considering he gets hurt every season at the worst possible time, but the Pels have a winning record when he's healthy, and everyone saw how he dominated the Suns as the #1 guy a few years ago. It's possible we may never see that iteration of Ingram again, but it's not like the organization has many options.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Megaton wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Never enough especially when you have kids.

Yup how's he supposed to feed his family and buy an NBA franchise at the same time? Gotta save up.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:00 pm    Post subject:

People seem to be so fixated on getting a C that they're ignoring the other positions are small too.

The T'Wolves didn't even have Gobert last game. They defended pretty well with 6'9 Naz Reid at C.

They have size and athleticism across their team. Mike Conley has good athleticism even at his age.

I think it's difficult to have DLo, AR, Rui at negative size(for DLo and AR at least) and athleticism for their positions.

Replacing 2 of them is probably the way to go.

The Lakers still need offensive support behind LeBron and AD, so you gotta balance that out too.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
People seem to be so fixated on getting a C that they're ignoring the other positions are small too.

The T'Wolves didn't even have Gobert last game. They defended pretty well with 6'9 Naz Reid at C.

They have size and athleticism across their team. Mike Conley has good athleticism even at his age.

I think it's difficult to have DLo, AR, Rui at negative size(for DLo and AR at least) and athleticism for their positions.

The Lakers still need offensive support behind LeBron and AD, so you gotta balance that out too.

We so desperately need a two-way guard and wing. If we could somehow get both Caruso and Mikal Bridges, it'd be incredible (I know it's a pipe dream). I would look to get a big with a greater than minimum salary maybe by using 2nd rounders, as well as hitting in the 2nd round of the draft this year, but I'd prioritize perimeter help over using a first to get a versatile talented scoring big.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:

I don't want to replace Reaves or DLO. My goal would be to make Reaves a 6th man and put beside DLO a more athletic guy.

Would be shopping Rui/Gabe/Draft picks around to see what's the best you could get. Jermai Grant? DJM?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:22 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Japago wrote:

We so desperately need a two-way guard and wing. If we could somehow get both Caruso and Mikal Bridges, it'd be incredible (I know it's a pipe dream). I would look to get a big with a greater than minimum salary maybe by using 2nd rounders, as well as hitting in the 2nd round of the draft this year, but I'd prioritize perimeter help over using a first to get a versatile talented scoring big.

Focus should be finding the next Caruso type or someone that can play that role.

Kris Dunn. Delon Wright.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:

meanwhile, the lakers drafted a guy last year who has the athleticism of a 45 year old, lol. and people include him in trade proposals like he'd be in demand
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:29 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Japago wrote:

meanwhile, the lakers drafted a guy last year who has the athleticism of a 45 year old, lol. and people include him in trade proposals like he'd be in demand

that was the ultimate head scratcher right there, what were they thinking used one of the few precious 1st round draft pick on JHS.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:34 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Japago wrote:

I remember watching film on him right after the draft and I was just smh. Knew they made a mistake. I still have no idea what exactly they saw in him.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Conversation
𝐉𝐚𝐤𝐞
@SixthManJake
“A scenario where Jimmy Butler is traded for assets, then those are used to acquire Mitchell, is a plausible reality.”

-
@esidery
on Heat wanting D. Mitchell

Could we see Jimmy traded to LA??

Conversation
𝐉𝐚𝐤𝐞
@SixthManJake
No ones talking about it but…

I just got a text from somebody VERY connected that Jimmy would have extreme interest in being traded to LA if the Heat choose to move on from him…

How do Laker fans feel about Jimmy in LA?

I would love Jimmy over here but i dont now what would it take to get him.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:27 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Conversation
𝐉𝐚𝐤𝐞
@SixthManJake
“A scenario where Jimmy Butler is traded for assets, then those are used to acquire Mitchell, is a plausible reality.”

-
@esidery
on Heat wanting D. Mitchell

Could we see Jimmy traded to LA??

Conversation
𝐉𝐚𝐤𝐞
@SixthManJake
No ones talking about it but…

I just got a text from somebody VERY connected that Jimmy would have extreme interest in being traded to LA if the Heat choose to move on from him…

How do Laker fans feel about Jimmy in LA?

I would love Jimmy over here but i dont now what would it take to get him.

another near 35 year old star? how long does the Lakers have to continue on with this? when can we just suck it up for a few seasons and build a real contending team with young stars.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:27 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Really? I think the radio guys (Trevor Lane and Kaminski bros) est at $25m ish depending on DLo

If he opts out, we lose bird rights and his caphold...

Assuming all those guys opts in, resigns and DLO gets like $3-5M raise... That only leave us $7-$9M for FA and Lebron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2590, 2591, 2592 ... 2628, 2629, 2630  Next
Page 2591 of 2630
Jump to: