NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2576, 2577, 2578 ... 2613, 2614, 2615  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 3:57 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
You either trade the assets you have for the highest impact player you can get and make one last run with AD/Lebron or you get the most amount of assets you can for both.

I suspect Jeanie has no more appetite for a rebuild than she did 5-6 years ago, so i assume we max out Lebron and try to get Mitchell or Trae Young (ugh) for whatever we have.

What your going to fill your bench and 2 other starter role players with?

..Let me call Rob to get in touch with Garnet, Paul Peirce,and Melo Oyeah and Trevor ARiza. What Ronny Turiaf doing these days as a Center? Yeah and Pual Gasol too.

Forgot Odom...
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 4:02 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
You either trade the assets you have for the highest impact player you can get and make one last run with AD/Lebron or you get the most amount of assets you can for both.

I suspect Jeanie has no more appetite for a rebuild than she did 5-6 years ago, so i assume we max out Lebron and try to get Mitchell or Trae Young (ugh) for whatever we have.

What your going to fill your bench and 2 other starter role players with?

..Let me call Rob to get in touch with Garnet, Paul Peirce,and Melo Oyeah and Trevor ARiza. What Ronny Turiaf doing these days as a Center? Yeah and Pual Gasol too.

Forgot Odom...

tarick black is still only 32 years old. lakers should sign him.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 4:07 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

As long as Lakers stay relevant , Jeanie will go with the flow. Maybe Mitchell can force a trade here but I have a good feeling Lakers will revisit DJM trade again. Hawks just cannot get the most out of Trae and Murray combo. They play better when one is only running the team not together. DJM is a cheaper contract, we have 2 FRPs to spare now. I believed Lebron will demand Jennie to get it done before resigning to extension. I don’t believe Atlanta will play the sunk cost fallacy again.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 4:12 pm    Post subject:

I honestly like the idea about Murray + AR backcourt over Trae+ whoever

I'd like to get hunter as a salary dump as well

Ar
Murray
Hunter
Bron
Ad
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
I honestly like the idea about Murray + AR backcourt over Trae+ whoever

I'd like to get hunter as a salary dump as well

Ar
Murray
Hunter
Bron
Ad

small ball again when it is clear that lakers needed a solid center
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Not sure what Mikal Bridges and Myles Turner market now... But I think targeting those two would be better rather than putting in all our picks and losing 3 role players to 1 star guard.

Rui/Hayes/protected 1st/2nd for Turner

DLO/2 1sts for Mikal Bridges (I'll be willing to swap AR/Gabe if needed)

-Resign Prince/MaxC
-Sign Drummond

AR/Gabe/JHS or DLO
Bridges/MaxC/Cam
Lebron/Prince/MaxL
AD/Vando/Wood
Turner/Drummond

Last edited by miggz23 on Wed May 01, 2024 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:47 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Not sure what Mikal Bridges and Myles Turner market now... But I think targeting those two would be better rather than putting in all our picks and losing 3 role players to 1 star guard.

-Resign Prince/MaxC

AR/Gabe/JHS or DLO
Bridges/MaxC/Cam
Lebron/Prince/MaxL
AD/Vando/Wood
Turner/Hayes

People crap on my trade ideas but that Mikal Bridges offer is pure pile of poo, Nets would hang up the phone in a speed of light
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

-Resign Prince/MaxC

AR/Gabe/JHS or DLO
Bridges/MaxC/Cam
Lebron/Prince/MaxL
AD/Vando/Wood
Turner/Hayes

People crap on my trade ideas but that Mikal Bridges offer is pure pile of poo

I'm willing to include AR who Brooklyn wanted for Kyrie... I feel like Bridges value also took a hit this season and proved that he is no star. Is he much better than a guy like OG?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:52 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

-Resign Prince/MaxC

AR/Gabe/JHS or DLO
Bridges/MaxC/Cam
Lebron/Prince/MaxL
AD/Vando/Wood
Turner/Hayes

I'm willing to include AR who Brooklyn wanted for Kyrie... I feel like Bridges value also took a hit this season and proved that he is no star. Is he much better than a guy like OG?

Nets weren’t expected to do much this season so it’s hard to judge what his value is, if you put him on a playoff team he will raise the ceiling of that team IMO
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

-Resign Prince/MaxC

AR/Gabe/JHS or DLO
Bridges/MaxC/Cam
Lebron/Prince/MaxL
AD/Vando/Wood
Turner/Hayes

Nets weren’t expected to do much this season so it’s hard to judge what his value is, if you put him on a playoff team he will raise the ceiling of that team IMO

I think AR+2 unprotected 1st/fillers is a fair offer him... I'm just looking at OG's market and what Knicks gave up.

Last edited by miggz23 on Wed May 01, 2024 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:04 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
MJST wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
The Warriors will try to get Durant first, but i think they could theoretically trade Wiggins and Chris Paul + Picks for Lebron and then not have to give up Kuminga (they're not giving us Kuminga for 40 year old Lebron, come on).

What if the Lakers offer LeBron to PHX for Durant as a counter to that?

Why would Lebron want to go to Phoenix if Durant is leaving? To play with Booker and Beal? And reunite with Vogel? Why does Durant want to be the Lebron on a Laker team that can’t beat Denver?

1) LeBron wants to prove he's "a point guard" and wants "two stars" ... welp he can go to PHX and play point guard as much as he wants to, next to the stars Beal and Booker, whom he can supposedly elevate the game of on the count of being 'The GOAT' right? They keep saying PHX needs a point guard and how KD somehow 'isn't a good fit' well there they go. LeBron gets to play point guard, Booker and Beal get to get easy shot opportunities. Heck Phoenix can even draft Bronny with their draft pick.

2) Durant wants an actual point guard that can set him up off ball, and a role that allows him to attack off ball. Assuming the Lakers retain D'Angelo, that's precisely the role he'd get with the Lakers in LeBron's place. He wouldn't take the ball out of the hands of the point guard for half a game, he'd be constantly moving off ball and people like Gordon wouldn't be able to stay in the paint. He can still defend at a consistent level when he needs to and he can pull up and shoot from anywhere on the court and score while being asked to be the off-ball threat he thrives at being(such as in Golden State).

So in essence, everyone gets what hey want with better fits than their current teams.

Remember how deadly the DLO/AD pick and roll was when they used it and LeBron was attacking off ball? So bad that Gordon either had to commit to stopping Davis and give up a wide open dunk, or stay committed to LeBron and AD or DLO had an easy score at the basket? That was great, but LeBron didn't want to commit to that role full time... KD would, and he'd be even deadlier because not only does he consistently beat Gordon off the dribble on closeouts, he's constantly moving off ball in sets like that and getting open in ways both DLO and Reaves and AD would find him. Tbh stylistically it's a match made in heaven.

So more or less, everyone gets what they want. LeBron gets his "two stars" his "championship coach" and gets to "play point guard" in Phoenix, whom can also draft his son.

Durant gets to go back to being an off-ball threat, AD gets the paint even more wide open, and DLO and Reaves get to finally primarily handle ball handling/passing duties with Durant doing so only occasionally instead of half the game.

Also Durant carves up Denver's defense like no tomorrow.

KD also had 5 blocks this game. And what happened at 2:24 when Gordon had to run back out to Durant to try to prevent the open three? Durant blew past him to the basket, caused rotation and it lead to an easy dunk for a teammate.

just sayin :3
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:22 pm    Post subject:

The problem is the guy who averaged 28/7/9 on 57/39/74.

Meanwhile, the guy who put up 14/3/4 on 38/32/50 is a guy who MUST be kept.

Got it.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:29 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
MJST wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
The Warriors will try to get Durant first, but i think they could theoretically trade Wiggins and Chris Paul + Picks for Lebron and then not have to give up Kuminga (they're not giving us Kuminga for 40 year old Lebron, come on).

What if the Lakers offer LeBron to PHX for Durant as a counter to that?

Why would Lebron want to go to Phoenix if Durant is leaving? To play with Booker and Beal? And reunite with Vogel? Why does Durant want to be the Lebron on a Laker team that can’t beat Denver?

1) LeBron wants to prove he's "a point guard" and wants "two stars" ... welp he can go to PHX and play point guard as much as he wants to, next to the stars Beal and Booker, whom he can supposedly elevate the game of on the count of being 'The GOAT' right? They keep saying PHX needs a point guard and how KD somehow 'isn't a good fit' well there they go. LeBron gets to play point guard, Booker and Beal get to get easy shot opportunities. Heck Phoenix can even draft Bronny with their draft pick.

2) Durant wants an actual point guard that can set him up off ball, and a role that allows him to attack off ball. Assuming the Lakers retain D'Angelo, that's precisely the role he'd get with the Lakers in LeBron's place. He wouldn't take the ball out of the hands of the point guard for half a game, he'd be constantly moving off ball and people like Gordon wouldn't be able to stay in the paint. He can still defend at a consistent level when he needs to and he can pull up and shoot from anywhere on the court and score while being asked to be the off-ball threat he thrives at being(such as in Golden State).

So in essence, everyone gets what hey want with better fits than their current teams.

Remember how deadly the DLO/AD pick and roll was when they used it and LeBron was attacking off ball? So bad that Gordon either had to commit to stopping Davis and give up a wide open dunk, or stay committed to LeBron and AD or DLO had an easy score at the basket? That was great, but LeBron didn't want to commit to that role full time... KD would, and he'd be even deadlier because not only does he consistently beat Gordon off the dribble on closeouts, he's constantly moving off ball in sets like that and getting open in ways both DLO and Reaves and AD would find him. Tbh stylistically it's a match made in heaven.

So more or less, everyone gets what they want. LeBron gets his "two stars" his "championship coach" and gets to "play point guard" in Phoenix, whom can also draft his son.

Durant gets to go back to being an off-ball threat, AD gets the paint even more wide open, and DLO and Reaves get to finally primarily handle ball handling/passing duties with Durant doing so only occasionally instead of half the game.

Also Durant carves up Denver's defense like no tomorrow.

KD also had 5 blocks this game. And what happened at 2:24 when Gordon had to run back out to Durant to try to prevent the open three? Durant blew past him to the basket, caused rotation and it lead to an easy dunk for a teammate.

just sayin :3

No matter how many videos u post or how long essays you write lebron >>>> kd all day

just sayin 😀
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:37 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

-Resign Prince/MaxC

AR/Gabe/JHS or DLO
Bridges/MaxC/Cam
Lebron/Prince/MaxL
AD/Vando/Wood
Turner/Hayes

I think AR+2 unprotected 1st/fillers is a fair offer him... I'm just looking at OG's market and what Knicks gave up.

That's not fair value. OG technically had one year on his deal. Mikal is signed for 3 more. Mikal is now the most valuable 3 and D player available with OG off the market. 25 other teams will offer better value than your trade, and the winner of the Mikal sweepstakes is probably going to drastically overpay.
KareemRushForThree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:38 pm    Post subject:

went down a memory lane rabbit hole today.

We were clearcut favorites to win the 2021 title. That team was so dang good. Injuries (Solomon hill taking out Bron's ankle, AD's calf/achilles) derailed us but then we were right back as favorites in the West up 2-1 on PHX. AD goes out with a groin injury.

Instead of running it back and continuing to be the favorites, the Westbrook trade completely forks us into this hellscape. We went from the no.1 defense to complete trash. Wild.

We could have gone back to back, quite possibly 3 peated in 2022.

After all of the mess, we have a chance to get Kyrie last year at the trade deadline. Tsai goes with the Nets package (Dinwiddie, DFS, 1 FRP) vs 2 FRPs from the Lakers that are way more valued, to stay competitive around KD. But hours after the Dallas trade KD tells them he wants a trade - had the Nets just kept KD in the loop and known he was going to want a trade anyway, they probably take the Lakers package which was much better.

Every other team gets what they want when a player demands a trade. We made one of the worst trades of all time to derail a championship contender, and then we dont get the guy we need to get back on track.

Last edited by KareemRushForThree on Wed May 01, 2024 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Nothing has really changed with these players.

KD is better at scoring and getting his own shot, while LeBron is the better overall player with scoring AND play-making. Both pick their spots to play defense nowadays.

Getting KD at the expense of LeBron would leave the Lakers with a massive play-making hole.

I'm guessing he thinks DLo would be good enough to fill that void, which I'll be nice and just say I disagree.
KareemRushForThree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:43 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are not trading LeBron. Any LeBron trade posts are a waste of time.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Nothing has really changed with these players.

KD is better at scoring and getting his own shot, while LeBron is the better overall player with scoring AND play-making. Both pick their spots to play defense nowadays.

Getting KD at the expense of LeBron would leave the Lakers with a massive play-making hole.

I'm guessing he thinks DLo would be good enough to fill that void, which I'll be nice and just say I disagree.

Lebron asking for a trade is not in his dna... But lets say he do ask for a trade, his salary alone will gut most contenders. Unless Lakers willing to take lesser talents or do 1 for 1 trade.

Lebron for KD... Does not benefit Lebron at all. He goes to a Phoenix with no type of defensive presence. At his age, he will be asked to do more on both ends than on this team.

Only team that really makes sense for Lebron are the Warriors, and maybe 76ers. Both teams have players that can take loads off him on both side of the ball.

Last edited by miggz23 on Wed May 01, 2024 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:08 pm    Post subject:

KareemRushForThree wrote:

It depends on if he wants to go somewhere else. The fact they asked him if he wanted to go to GS shows they’re willing to do that.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Don’t be so sure he already admitted that he has no idea that he’s gonna do, a lot can transpire in the next couple of months especially with NBA players teaming up on Team USA
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:

No matter how many videos u post or how long essays you write lebron >>>> kd all day

The question is, for how much longer? And at what point does whatever advantage LeBron has Durant physically no longer outweigh how much Durant excels via fit.

Basketball's never about the 1 to 1. It's about fit and how to excel more than anything else.

If LeBron is not willing to accept the off-ball role and is intent on ball-stopping our momentum because he cannot let go of the fact he can't be a full time point guard anymore, then no matter what stats he puts up, it ultimately hurts our team more than the player that is going to willingly slide into that role while still averaging 27/6/5 and still being the best shooting 3/4 in the league.

That depends on LeBron tbh. What Bronny's going to do, accepting a lesser(but better for him) role when it comes to on-ballness + the FO no longer listening to his "but 3 stars and no depth..." rhetoric since the Westbrook disaster.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:13 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

The question is, for how much longer? And at what point does whatever advantage LeBron has Durant physically no longer outweigh how much Durant excels via fit.

This is when your thing for D'Lo goes too far. We aren't reshaping the team and making ground-breaking moves to best fit D'Lo. I get your points in terms of the fit and hypothetically it makes sense for both teams. That being said, because of fit with D'Lo and Reaves we should take a lesser player in Durant for one of the GOATs in Bron???? No.....we should get rid of Reaves and D'Lo if thats the case to fit better with BRON and AD.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:13 pm    Post subject:

went down a memory lane rabbit hole today.

We were clearcut favorites to win the 2021 title. That team was so dang good. Injuries (Solomon hill taking out Bron's ankle, AD's calf/achilles) derailed us but then we were right back as favorites in the West up 2-1 on PHX. AD goes out with a groin injury.

Instead of running it back and continuing to be the favorites, the Westbrook trade completely forks us into this hellscape. We went from the no.1 defense to complete trash. Wild.

We could have gone back to back, quite possibly 3 peated in 2022.

After all of the mess, we have a chance to get Kyrie last year at the trade deadline. Tsai goes with the Nets package (Dinwiddie, DFS, 1 FRP) vs 2 FRPs from the Lakers that are way more valued, to stay competitive around KD. But hours after the Dallas trade KD tells them he wants a trade - had the Nets just kept KD in the loop and known he was going to want a trade anyway, they probably take the Lakers package which was much better.

Every other team gets what they want when a player demands a trade. We made one of the worst trades of all time to derail a championship contender, and then we dont get the guy we need to get back on track.

Watching Westbrook and his pathetic play tonight, I can not believe we gutted our team for that bum 3 years ago.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Instead of giving up the reported haul for trae young, id rather divert it to New Orleans for BI who is seemingly on the trade block

AR+Rui+Gabe+2 FRP's for BI

Then Bring back DLO on a 3 year deal and you have a lineup of

DLO
BI
Vando
LeBron
AD

Pelicans have always been happy to take our picks, and they might think our picks a few years down the line are going to be worth way more than other potential trading partners who would be interested in Ingram's services. They also get a solid starting point in Gabe and a potential replacement for CJ in AR.

Think its potentially a good trade for both teams

Tl;dr - BI over Trae unless you can somehow bring both trae and OG (or player of similar archetype) together
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:23 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

I get your points in terms of the fit and hypothetically it makes sense for both teams. That being said, because of fit with D'Lo and Reaves we should take a lesser player in Durant for one of the GOATs in Bron???

How much "lesser" is Durant to LeBron? Is it A+ vs C+ or A vs A- at this point?

Again, I look at it by situation and by fit. Durant is lesser than LeBron in the aspects that he isn't as physical, and he isn't as strong. But he's a better shooter than LeBron, they both average 25-27 points, and Durant at this point in his career is a more consistent defender than the 39 year old(and that is to be expected).

Legacy is one thing. However I look more at fit and at what point do LeBron's "advantages" not outweigh what Durant adds to the team in aspects LeBron doesn't.

Did LeBron shoot well from 3 this season? Yeah! Does history tell us to believe that will be his new status quo? No.

This isn't an argument of legacy, it's more about which player right now is the better fit. When you replace LeBron with Durant, you aren't replacing his 25/8/7 with 17/5/4... you're replacing 25/8/7 with 27/6/5.

If this was 34-35 year old LeBron? In no way would I think of replacing him with Durant. But it's 39 about to be 40 year old LeBron, at the very least, you could consider it. And even you said that it all makes sense for both teams.

LeBron's arguably the best 3/4 in the league, maybe Giannis or Luka are better, but Durant is right there in the conversation. And Durants the only player at THAT level you might feasibly be able to get from their team if you offered them LeBron.

I don't expect it to happen, not unless Phoenix drafts Bronny. But if that scenario DID happen and LeBron wanted to go to Phoenix, I would be 100% for sign and trading him to Phoenix for Durant.

Our team is not built for LeBron-Ball, and LeBron-Ball is not going to get us a Championship in 2024. The best this team looked this season was when LeBron took a backseat and we started running an offense that was an actual offense and not an offense that just had "LeBron James" written on it. And that's a GOOD thing. It should be something LeBron himself should be celebrating considering his age. But he didn't celebrate it, he re-inserted himself back into it because he wants to make his own stamp on things.

But we don't need him to. We need him to be the best off-ball threat in the league, that's what we need. We need teams terrified of the DLO/AD Pick and Roll + LeBron Slasher combination. What we ran 5 times in a row vs Denver, to close them out in Game 4 was the kind of stuff we'd had success with all year when we decided to run it. The game breaks down into "accidental" offense as Kobe would call it when LeBron would go into LeBronBall mode. and the offense was far more "intentional" when DLO ran it. This isn't a slight on LeBron or his legacy, it's just what currently is. The guy is freaking 39. He's not the guy he was in 2020 no matter how much EPO he allegedly uses.

Right now is the time in LeBron's career where he lets AD take the reigns, and he lets DLO run the point, and he conserves his energy attacking off ball and in spots, and is able to give more on the defensive end because of it. And then when we are in position of that 4th quarter explosion, he can get the ball at one of his spots and take advantage.

It worked for Jordan, it worked for Kareem, it worked for Wade, it could work for LeBron. But he's the one that has to take that step towards his teammates and put it in motion. I want him to do that.

But if he just can't.. we need someone that's near right there with him, that will, and that's who Durant is. That's all I'm saying.

Inverse wrote:
Instead of giving up the reported haul for trae young, id rather divert it to New Orleans for BI who is seemingly on the trade block

AR+Rui+Gabe+2 FRP's for BI

Then Bring back DLO on a 3 year deal and you have a lineup of

DLO
BI
Vando
LeBron
AD

Pelicans have always been happy to take our picks, and they might think our picks a few years down the line are going to be worth way more than other potential trading partners who would be interested in Ingram's services. They also get a solid starting point in Gabe and a potential replacement for CJ in AR.

Think its potentially a good trade for both teams

Tl;dr - BI over Trae unless you can somehow bring both trae and OG (or player of similar archetype) together

I'd rather wait for BI to be a free agent and give up nothing to sign him. (or Tatum).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2576, 2577, 2578 ... 2613, 2614, 2615  Next
Page 2577 of 2615
Jump to: