NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2575, 2576, 2577 ... 2615, 2616, 2617  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 11:39 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
27 wrote:
What do we think about Mike Budenholzer is HC? Maybe look at Reddick to be an assistant?

Gotta be an upgrade over Ham, no? We were small tweaks away from winning games against the Nuggets for 2 years. Gotta hope the new coach knows how and when to call a TO

Bud would def be an upgrade over Ham. Hopefully they'd keep Jent. Reddick i suspect is waiting for his own head coaching job and he'd be smart to take a young team in a rebuild. It's a fools errand to make your first head-coaching a job a team in win-now mode.

Totally agree. Nash, Luke Walton, and maybe Ham dont sniff a HC position again. Especially Lakers. We are not a team that should hire a 1st time head coach ever again. It's too much. This team will always require a very very strong head coach or we are cooked
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 11:44 am    Post subject:

I know he just got hired on someone’s staff but I think if hamm is fired Juwan Howard is the next sucker up.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 11:46 am    Post subject:

Btw, is DeMarcus that done done? Worse than Giles?
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:08 pm    Post subject:

If lakers bring in Trae for AR+Rui+3 FRP's, I think they need to immediately shift their attention to landing an off guard/wing that is good sized and can play solid defense. I wonder if OG Anunoby could be a target.

Proposed 3 team deal that works in trade machine if booker forces himself to NY:

Suns Receive:
Julius Randle
D'angelo Russell
3 FRP's from Knicks
2024 Lakers FRP

Lakers Receive:
OG Anunoby

Knicks Receive:
Devin Booker

who says no above?

Lakers would then have potential starting line of:

Trae Young
OG Anunoby
Jared Vanderbilt
LeBron
AD

Is that an improvement of last years team?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
If lakers bring in Trae for AR+Rui+3 FRP's, I think they need to immediately shift their attention to landing an off guard/wing that is good sized and can play solid defense. I wonder if OG Anunoby could be a target.

Proposed 3 team deal that works in trade machine if booker forces himself to NY:

Suns Receive:
Julius Randle
D'angelo Russell
3 FRP's from Knicks
2024 Lakers FRP

Lakers Receive:
OG Anunoby

Knicks Receive:
Devin Booker

who says no above?

Trae Young
OG Anunoby
Jared Vanderbilt
LeBron
AD

The Knicks say no. Anunoby has been a perfect missing piece for them. What the Knicks need is to add another star but not lose a championship role player to do so.

Is there a variant of this deal that sends LeBron to the Knicks and lands a better star than Trae to the Lakers? That's what I'd be exploring: combining Knicks picks + our own picks for a megastar (think Giannis). Otherwise, keeping LeBron and AD and finding two-way rotation players.
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:15 pm    Post subject:

tbh out of all the capspace teams only Orlando makes sense for DLO. Other than that, maybe Bulls or Pelicans in a sign and trade? I think it is in his best interest to get a deal done here, so I'd guess maybe 2/50
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Yama wrote:
tbh out of all the capspace teams only Orlando makes sense for DLO. Other than that, maybe Bulls or Pelicans in a sign and trade? I think it is in his best interest to get a deal done here, so I'd guess maybe 2/50

I wouldn’t count out the Spurs especially if they can’t get Chris Paul or another PG to help Wemby
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Yama wrote:

I wouldn’t count out the Spurs especially if they can’t get Chris Paul or another PG to help Wemby

Yeah true, I think they will go in a different direction but its def a possibility. Personally I am hoping for a sign and trade
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Bring Mikal Bridges and Myles Turner to PnG
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:22 pm    Post subject:

One thing that's not been talked about in that Denver series is that THEY actually had a big 3.

MPJ put 23 PPG and 8 REB on 55/49/77.

Aaron Gordon 14 PPG and 10 REB on 53/10/86 and plays really good defense. He matched what one of AR/DLo did, but with defense and with more efficiency.

Their 2 guys behind their 2 stars were MUCH better than DLo and AR. That was the difference.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
One thing that's not been talked about in that Denver series is that THEY actually had a big 3.

Aaron Gordon 14 PPG and 10 REB on 53/10/86 and plays really good defense. He matched what one of AR/DLo did, but with defense and with more efficiency.

Their 2 guys behind their 2 stars were MUCH better than DLo and AR. That was the difference.

Our 3-5 simply not as good as Denver’s 3-5, MPJ and Gordon can be a #1 or 2 option if need be, ours haven’t look like they can, not in the playoff
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:30 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Suns Receive:
Julius Randle
D'angelo Russell
3 FRP's from Knicks
2024 Lakers FRP

Lakers Receive:
OG Anunoby

Knicks Receive:
Devin Booker

who says no above?

Trae Young
OG Anunoby
Jared Vanderbilt
LeBron
AD

The Knicks say no. Anunoby has been a perfect missing piece for them. What the Knicks need is to add another star but not lose a championship role player to do so.

Is there a variant of this deal that sends LeBron to the Knicks and lands a better star than Trae to the Lakers? That's what I'd be exploring: combining Knicks picks + our own picks for a megastar (think Giannis). Otherwise, keeping LeBron and AD and finding two-way rotation players.

i dont think the knicks say no to this. They get to pair Booker with Brunson and then have tons of ammo still in Dante DiVencenzo/Josh Hart/Bogdanovic to go land that wing that will replace Anunoby.

I mean in a sense Vando can do a lot of things Anunoby can do for the knicks on the defensive end so in theory if thats the hold up then sure lakers would trade vando for Dante D which also works in a vacuum.

Lakers would gain offense but lose out on wing defense in that trade so not sure how we feel about that
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:00 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Japago wrote:

Our 3-5 simply not as good as Denver’s 3-5, MPJ and Gordon can be a #1 or 2 option if need be, ours haven’t look like they can, not in the playoff

Specifically against elite teams.

You'll get arguments that they did step up like that against MEM and GSW last year, but I think those teams aren't elite. MEM was injury-plagued and GSW was old coming off of a tough SAC series.

And, all 3 didn't make the playoffs this year.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
governator wrote:
Japago wrote:

Specifically against elite teams.

You'll get arguments that they did step up like that against MEM and GSW last year, but I think those teams aren't elite. MEM was injury-plagued and GSW was old coming off of a tough SAC series.

And, all 3 didn't make the playoffs this year.

If you continue that analysis, the Suns were just swept and Minny was missing 3 keys players against Denver, so there were no elite teams that Denver faced either.

I don't believe there's an elite team in the West outside of Denver, and even their bench is a big problem. Let's see what Minny does.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:20 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Japago wrote:

it's exceedingly difficult to build a championship team purely out of free agents and trade acqusitions. the 2020 lakers were a total anomaly.

2023: Nuggets (drafted Jokic, Murray, MPJ
2022: warriors (curry, klay, dray, poole)
2021: bucks (giannis)
2020: lakers
2019: raptors (siakam, fvv, anunoby)
2018: Warriors (curry, klay, dray)
2017: warriors (curry, klay, dray)
2016: Cavs (kyrie)
2015: Warriors (curry, klay, dray)
2014: Spurs (Parker, Duncan, Kawhi, Manu)
2013: Heat (Wade)
2012: Heat (Wade)
2011: Mavs (Dirk)
2010: Lakers (Kobe, Bynum)
2009: Lakers (Kobe, Bynum)
2008: Celtics (Pierce, Rondo)
2007: Spurs (Duncan, Parker, Manu)
2006: Heat (Wade)
2005: Spurs (Duncan, Parker, Manu)
2004: Pistons (Tayshaun Prince)
2001-03: Lakers (Kobe)

You know everyone before that with their drafted hall of famers (MJ/Scottie, Olujuwon, Isiah, Magic, Bird, etc)

Tayshaun on the Pistons you can call a stretch since he was more a role player than an all-star. So the Lakers are basically forever trying to build the type of contender that has only worked twice ever.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:37 pm    Post subject:

The Warriors will try to get Durant first, but i think they could theoretically trade Wiggins and Chris Paul + Picks for Lebron and then not have to give up Kuminga (they're not giving us Kuminga for 40 year old Lebron, come on).

Chris Paul can be waived. Or could be traded to another team looking to duck the apron in exchange for a pick? Wiggins we could hopefully rehab his value a bit. There will be a contender that will take a flyer on him and 25-26 million isn't that much these days. You could maybe get two firsts out of it.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:38 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
governator wrote:
Japago wrote:

it's exceedingly difficult to build a championship team purely out of free agents and trade acqusitions. the 2020 lakers were a total anomaly.

You know everyone before that with their drafted hall of famers (MJ/Scottie, Olujuwon, Isiah, Magic, Bird, etc)

Tayshaun on the Pistons you can call a stretch since he was more a role player than an all-star. So the Lakers are basically forever trying to build the type of contender that has only worked twice ever.

Why you leaving out D Fish? Lol
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:39 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
governator wrote:
Japago wrote:

If you're gonna include Poole you'll have to include either Kuzma or AC in 2020, but yeah, the 2020 Lakers were such a lightning in the bottle.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:44 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
What do we think about Mike Budenholzer is HC? Maybe look at Reddick to be an assistant?

Gotta be an upgrade over Ham, no? We were small tweaks away from winning games against the Nuggets for 2 years. Gotta hope the new coach knows how and when to call a TO

I would rather not have a coach Ham learned from.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Kuzma and AC were good for us, but Poole--as much as a joke as he's become--had a much greater impact on the Warriors '22 run than Kuzma or Caruso did. People didn't think that contract was that crazy when he got it.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:59 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Yeah, Kuzma and AC were good for us, but Poole--as much as a joke as he's become--had a much greater impact on the Warriors '22 run than Kuzma or Caruso did. People didn't think that contract was that crazy when he got it.

A lot of people thought it was crazy and then only reason the Warriors gave it to him early was because Draymond just punched him out at practice.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 3:27 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

A lot of people thought it was crazy and then only reason the Warriors gave it to him early was because Draymond just punched him out at practice.

There were people who thought Poole could be an allstar some day. I thought it was high, but that was not a “sorry Draymond punched you” contract. My point remains that he was a drafted high-impact player for them on their finals run.

Last edited by pjiddy on Wed May 01, 2024 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 3:28 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
The Warriors will try to get Durant first, but i think they could theoretically trade Wiggins and Chris Paul + Picks for Lebron and then not have to give up Kuminga (they're not giving us Kuminga for 40 year old Lebron, come on).

What if the Lakers offer LeBron to PHX for Durant as a counter to that?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 3:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

What if the Lakers offer LeBron to PHX for Durant as a counter to that?

Why would Lebron want to go to Phoenix if Durant is leaving? To play with Booker and Beal? And reunite with Vogel? Why does Durant want to be the Lebron on a Laker team that can’t beat Denver?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 3:35 pm    Post subject:

You either trade the assets you have for the highest impact player you can get and make one last run with AD/Lebron or you get the most amount of assets you can for both.

I suspect Jeanie has no more appetite for a rebuild than she did 5-6 years ago, so i assume we max out Lebron and try to get Mitchell or Trae Young (ugh) for whatever we have.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2575, 2576, 2577 ... 2615, 2616, 2617  Next
Page 2576 of 2617
Jump to: