NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2562, 2563, 2564 ... 2588, 2589, 2590  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:08 pm    Post subject:

New Orleans might move Brandon Ingram. Trey Murphy is already better than him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn’t mind getting Ingram back
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:44 pm    Post subject:

NO on Ingram. I honestly think people here have former Lakers on their minds too much.

He's ball-dominant, and not good enough to be that kind of player. He's not a number 1 option as as scorer or and elite playmaker.

He's talented. But it's hard to find a role for ball-dominance, but a non-star on a championship contender.

It's the reason why he wasn't getting any run on team USA last year.

They're completely different players, but it's a similar problem that Julius Randle has.

You guys are bigger fans of him than Pelican fans are.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:05 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

There's a part of me that wants to see the Pels completely collapse, so that they can move BI to a competent organization. Pels might be the most mediocre and mid organization I've ever seen, and their fanbase is one of the most insufferable out there. They are okay with being first round fodder year after year. Zion's always one bad landing away from being out for 2 months.

The fact that they got rid of Hart to get CJ still blows my mind. I don't think BI has been the problem given how he's been carrying them for years without Zion. The issue is they can't keep him healthy and figure out why he's so fragile. Just like Kawhi, he has no business playing when he's hurting in the playoffs.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lol..why don't u ever post something decent? Or it's just too hard for u?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It’s not my fault the team didn’t get it done that’s why you look at trade options
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It’s not my fault the team didn’t get it done that’s why you look at trade options

We want real stars, and BI is not that, and I see some issues with his game . Simply put, he is useless without ball.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:37 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Kyle Kuzma sneak dissing the Lakers 👀 after the Lakers go down 3-0

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/1783753472078234015

Lol. He hasn't been to the playoffs since

And he was utter trash in the playoffs
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:38 pm    Post subject:

So if we had a chance to get Ingram by giving up Rui and AR + picks you wouldn’t do it?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
So if we had a chance to get Ingram by giving up Rui and AR + picks you wouldn’t do it?

Ok, name the picks, I’d do it if the price is right
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Just a pick and I think the deal can happen
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Just a pick and I think the deal can happen

2024 FRP? Yes. Later picks would have to be top5-8 protected, but I don’t think NOP is going to be satisfied with just 1 pick
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Im still on the Myles Turner train if Lebron/AD stays... Specially when the Pacers get knocked out.

Perfect big next to AD and Bron... Guy that can shot block and stretch the floor.

Last edited by miggz23 on Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Rui and AR won't even get us Dejounte now, so why would the Pels even consider it for BI? Pels have the Lakers pick next year anyways.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:13 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

We need a scoring, attacking guard, not an iso-heavy forward who needs the ball to be effective.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Rui and AR won't even get us Dejounte now, so why would the Pels even consider it for BI? Pels have the Lakers pick next year anyways.

DeJounte would help the Lakers more than BI. A LOT more.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:31 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Kyle Kuzma sneak dissing the Lakers 👀 after the Lakers go down 3-0

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/1783753472078234015

Lol. He hasn't been to the playoffs since

And he was utter trash in the playoffs

He had a chance to be a part of the Dallas trade this season. But said he'd rather stay in Washington and "build what they got there" ...

He just wants him and Poole to be able to take all the jumpers with none of the responsibilities.

slavavov wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

We need a scoring, attacking guard, not an iso-heavy forward who needs the ball to be effective.

We have multiple scoring guards.

The iso-heavy forward who needs the ball to be effective is LeBron, not Ingram.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:39 pm    Post subject:

No Ingram, no Kuzma, IG. No Randle = all suck
Josh Hart, yes, I would like him. Caruso, yes as well.

No other former Lakers need to be on this team.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:41 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
No Ingram, no Kuzma, IG. No Randle = all suck

I'd take both Randle and Ingram back for the size of LeBron's contract without question tbh.

I'd also take Josh Hart back over Gabe Vincent and Jordan Clarkson over Dinwiddie. And Ivica Zubac period.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:45 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

slavavov wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

D'Angelo Russell doesn't score consistently or efficiently in the playoffs, and Reaves isn't that good of a scorer -- he needs to play off of others to be really effective.

We need a speedy scoring, facilitating guard who will consistently push the pace so that LeBron won't be the only guy who can create pace for us. That would allow us to reduce LeBron's workload and keep him fresh physically and mentally for the playoffs.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:58 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
MJST wrote:

slavavov wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

D'Angelo Russell doesn't score consistently or efficiently in the playoffs, and Reaves isn't that good of a scorer -- he needs to play off of others to be really effective.

We need a speedy scoring, facilitating guard who will consistently push the pace so that LeBron won't be the only guy who can create pace for us. That would allow us to reduce LeBron's workload and keep him fresh physically and mentally for the playoffs.

LeBron could reduce his own workload with our current roster by stopping trying to force himself to be the point guard and slowing down the offense to hold the ball for 20 seconds of the shot clock. He just doesn't want to.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:01 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
MJST wrote:

slavavov wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

For LeBron haters, It's amazing how the guy who scores a lot at high efficiency with good play-making is a problem.

He's not perfect. He's not at tier 1 anymore. But he's still a tier 2 player. He's doing more than you can ask for from a 39 year old. And worth his money relative to the salary cap and what salaries look like across the league.

The problem is that DLo and Rui have literally been worthless. The problem is that AR is just a solid role player.

All these guys combined were supposed to give the Lakers the effect of a third star.

But they're not even better than the Nuggets' supporting cast, who already have the best star in the series.

Face it, these guys have been massively overrated by fans here.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
slavavov wrote:
MJST wrote:

slavavov wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

For LeBron haters, It's amazing how the guy who scores a lot at high efficiency with good play-making is a problem.

He's not perfect. He's not at tier 1 anymore. But he's still a tier 2 player. He's doing more than you can ask for from a 39 year old. And worth his money relative to the salary cap and what salaries look like across the league.

The problem is that DLo and Rui have literally been worthless.

What happened in Game 2 was a microcosm of why LeBron 'haters' criticize LeBron. We had momentum we were doing things well, and then LeBron took the ball and slowed it down to his pace, started playing LeBron ball, and the Nuggets started coming back.

AD went out, we continued LeBron ball and we lost the lead completely. There is no reason why when LeBron is in the game we should lost a 20 point lead. We ran pick and roll the Nuggets had no answer for, then spent the rest of the game not running it that way. AD had just one field goal attempt in the entirety of the 4th quarter, and LeBron "I want to be the point guard" James, is responsible for stuff like that.

But he always skates the blame. It's more than just 'He's not perfect" its stuff like that in addition to not boxing out Aaron Gordon and getting backdoored EVERY time and then hanging his head and blowing out winds of frustration or blaming his teammates when Gordon not backdooring him is his responsibility.

If you're the supposed GOAT, you don't lose Game 2 for those reasons. And it's always "He's playing well as he's ever played statistically!" but when he gets backdoored all night its "Well he's not perfect and he is older you know.." that doesn't prevent these simple things from being prevented. No one's asking him to shut down Jokic, or even guard MPJ(which I think he should be), they're asking him 'stop letting Gordon backdoor you' and he refuses.

Those are the things LeBron 'haters' critique and call out. Regardless of anything else LeBron is looked at as the leader of the team, and if he's allowing himself to be backdoored and blaming teammates, or holding the ball and passing it for bailouts instead of pressuring the defense to get his teammates going.. then it's on him more than anybody else. AD's done what he's supposed to do, LeBron has not lead the way he's supposed to.

You don't give the "I'm obsessed with perfection and can't understand players that aren't" speech if you can't even stop yourself from getting backdoored all night or box out and 7 out of the 10 blown defensive assignments is on you.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Japago wrote:
slavavov wrote:
MJST wrote:

slavavov wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

The problem is that DLo and Rui have literally been worthless.

What happened in Game 2 was a microcosm of why LeBron 'haters' criticize LeBron. We had momentum we were doing things well, and then LeBron took the ball and slowed it down to his pace, started playing LeBron ball, and the Nuggets started coming back.

AD went out, we continued LeBron ball and we lost the lead completely. There is no reason why when LeBron is in the game we should lost a 20 point lead. We ran pick and roll the Nuggets had no answer for, then spent the rest of the game not running it that way. AD had just one field goal attempt in the entirety of the 4th quarter, and LeBron "I want to be the point guard" James, is responsible for stuff like that.

But he always skates the blame. It's more than just 'He's not perfect" its stuff like that in addition to not boxing out Aaron Gordon and getting backdoored EVERY time and then hanging his head and blowing out winds of frustration or blaming his teammates when Gordon not backdooring him is his responsibility.

Those are the things LeBron 'haters' critique and call out. Regardless of anything else LeBron is looked at as the leader of the team, and if he's allowing himself to be backdoored and blaming teammates, or holding the ball and passing it for bailouts instead of pressuring the defense to get his teammates going.. then it's on him more than anybody else. AD's done what he's supposed to do, LeBron has not lead the way he's supposed to.

The Lakers don't have any better options. LeBron is willing to pass when others have it going.

He's enabled DLo every time he's had it going during the regular season. Why would he trust him when he's been playing like he is. Same goes for Rui.

AD does enough during the rest of the game. And, I don't like going to him as the focal point of the offense anyway. The Lakers need an actually offensive option that will breakthrough in this spot. None of these "role players" you guys think are better than they are.

LeBron's defense isn't what it used to be. It's sad that he's still the 2nd best defender on the team.

But the other guys aren't even known for that. What are they bringing if they can't even bring their scoring?

The Lakers scored 103, 99, and 105 points respectively in fairly close games. If the Lakers had gotten more production from those guys, the Lakers could've won those games.

It's like those guys ALWAYS avoid blame from some users despite putrid performances.

AGAIN, LeBron isn't perfect. But, how are the literal useless guys not the 1st to blame?

These guys have the responsibility to carry some of the scoring production, and they're giving actual ZERO.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 am    Post subject:

Will the Suns blow it all up?

I wouldn't mind pairing Booker with AD
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2562, 2563, 2564 ... 2588, 2589, 2590  Next
Page 2563 of 2590
Jump to: